Moss will disappoint in Minn

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Moss will disappoint in Minn

I'm not saying this out of anger now that Moss in no longer a Patriot, my only issue was NE getting nothing but a 3rd rd pick for him.  I have a hard time believing no other teams were willing to pony up something better for one of the top WR in the game. 

But Moss has been a top WR because he's had Brady throwing him the pigskin.  Moss is still a very good WR, but not the same player he once was when he started he's career in Minnesota.  I have no doubt Randy will not look like the same player he was in NE.  Farve and company may be excited now, but when he doesn't look like the same player foxboro, they will be wondering what happened.

Let's not forget, everyone said Moss had lost a step and was on the downside of his career when the Pats traded for him with Oakland.  He has, it's just Brady has the ability to make average players look great.  Who knows, if Branch comes back to foxboro, we may see the old Deion Branch.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Re: Moss will disappoint in Minn

In Response to Moss will disappoint in Minn:
    I'm not saying this out of anger now that Moss in no longer a Patriot, my only issue was NE getting nothing but a 3rd rd pick for him.  I have a hard time believing no other teams were willing to pony up something better for one of the top WR in the game.  But Moss has been a top WR because he's had Brady throwing him the pigskin.  Moss is still a very good WR, but not the same player he once was when he started he's career in Minnesota.  I have no doubt Randy will not look like the same player he was in NE.  Farve and company may be excited now, but when he doesn't look like the same player foxboro, they will be wondering what happened.   Let's not forget, everyone said Moss had lost a step and was on the downside of his career when the Pats traded for him with Oakland.  He has, it's just Brady has the ability to make average players look great.  Who knows, if Branch comes back to foxboro, we may see the old Deion Branch.
    Posted by Grogan77

Appreciate the sentiment, Grogan, but I would submit as evidence a certain 1-handed grab over Darrell Revis in which Moss made an average Brady throw look great. Brady and Moss were yin and yang, salt and pepper, peanut butter and jelly...they both made each other one of the most lethal QB-WR combos in history.

I agree with you that Moss will disappoint in Minny...he'll disappoint me, you and other Pats fans.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

He's almost got to be a disappointment.

That team is 1-2 in what is beginning to look like one of the rattier divisions in the league, they can't keep the Human Turnover upright, and the fans around here think a wide receiver is going to win them the Super Bowl. I'll be interested to see what Vikings Rube has to say after their heroes limp home from New Jersey at 1-3.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Moss had a chance to catch a pass in Miami.  He put both hands on the pass and muffed it.  He ended the night with 0 catches. 

Brady was being forced to throw up a few bombs to Moss, (a stated minimum number dictated by Moss?), some of which turned into interceptions or fourth downs.  Teams were learning that if you double Moss, sooner or later Brady would be forced to throw into the teeth of the double coverage and you would profit.  If it were any other player like Tate being doubled, Brady would just dump off to Welker or Hernandez all game long and ignore Tate, thank you.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In Response to Moss will disappoint in Minn:
    I'm not saying this out of anger now that Moss in no longer a Patriot, my only issue was NE getting nothing but a 3rd rd pick for him.  I have a hard time believing no other teams were willing to pony up something better for one of the top WR in the game.  But Moss has been a top WR because he's had Brady throwing him the pigskin.  Moss is still a very good WR, but not the same player he once was when he started he's career in Minnesota.  I have no doubt Randy will not look like the same player he was in NE.  Farve and company may be excited now, but when he doesn't look like the same player foxboro, they will be wondering what happened.   Let's not forget, everyone said Moss had lost a step and was on the downside of his career when the Pats traded for him with Oakland.  He has, it's just Brady has the ability to make average players look great.  Who knows, if Branch comes back to foxboro, we may see the old Deion Branch.
    Posted by Grogan77

Grogan.... You have some good points but one might argue that Favre is a better deep passer than Brady.  What say you?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeisOffenseReturns. Show WeisOffenseReturns's posts

Agree.  If they lost to NY, it will get UGLY in Minnesota. Favre on one foot, moping around, an insecure Childress, Moss wanting his contract immediately, etc.

Isn't that why Moss requested his trade?  For a contract?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeisOffenseReturns. Show WeisOffenseReturns's posts

BB didn't give ANY of why he was dealt away.

It had to do with the contract as a portion of the problem. No doubt. 

BB is taking the high road. I expect Moss to do the same in his press conference.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

In Response to Re: Moss will disappoint in Minn:
    In Response to Moss will disappoint in Minn : Grogan.... You have some good points but one might argue that Favre is a better deep passer than Brady.  What say you?
    Posted by TSWFAN

Brett Farve of years past maybe, but right now Brett Farve is playing way past his prime.  Farve right now is on the bottom in terms of QB rankings.  He already has 6 ints, and that's with a solid running game.  Brady and Manning are the top to QB's from a statistical standpoint so far in 2010.  So Randy should expect a big dropoff in production when he gets to Minny.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

All you need to do is look at Tom Brady's time with Randy Moss, and how much more TD he got and compare to those without. There is no doubt Tom played the part to make Moss better, but the other way is true as well. Tom Brady does not throw the prettiest deep ball let's not forget that. Also, you can just look at 2008 when Matt Cassel was under the helm. Randy did his part without Tom, and his stats took a dip only very slightly and we all know Cassel couldn't throw deep ball to save his life and is an average QB at best. And we all see how good Calvin Johnson and Larry Fizgerald are when they are not playing with top QBs, so when you look at 2008, he was actually pretty amazing. Randy hasn't put up the type of stats since 2007, one because he has obviously slowed down slightly due to age, and due to playing 2 times a year against Revis, and one because of the OC not designing play for Randy to get open using play action pass or motion to get him free release. Josh McDaniel is the master of that. He will be great in Minni, there is not a doubt, Favre, as much of a gunslinger as he is, is a very accurate QB especially with the long passes and has the history of making his WRs look better similar to Tom Brady. They are entirely two different breed but Moss is actually better suited for Favre's style than Brady. Favre has a history of bone head play, but the other 95% of the time out there he is one of the best there is, and incredibly he has never played with a deep threat as talented as Moss. Look at Greg Jennings, he is very similar to Randy Moss, and he played well in 2007 with Favre and put up great numbers in 13 games. His number has not gone better with Aaron Rogers, which tells you one thing, that Favre will make his WRs look good. You can certainly hope, but we will see very soon. I say Moss will burn Revis for a couple TDs on Monday night.
    Posted by pochen23

Brett Farve of old maybe, but look at his stats, he has 6 picks already.  So I don't think calling Farve of 2010 accurate would be an accurate statement.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Moss doesn't have to disappoint in Minn they have Farve to do that and he's got plenty of experience at it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to Re: Moss will disappoint in Minn : Brett Farve of old maybe, but look at his stats, he has 6 picks already.  So I don't think calling Farve of 2010 accurate would be an accurate statement.
    Posted by Grogan77

Since your statement about accuracy is accurate it wouldn't be inaccurate for me to say you're wrong.

Just wanted to see how many times i could get it in one sentence.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

I would say Ryan would take Farve out with blitzing but im sure he wants Farve and Moss playing against New England. I don't see Farve lasting the season

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Agree.  If they lost to NY, it will get UGLY in Minnesota. Favre on one foot, moping around, an insecure Childress, Moss wanting his contract immediately, etc. Isn't that why Moss requested his trade?  For a contract?
    Posted by WeisOffenseReturns

Cold reality interveined when no one would offer him one so the Pats helped him go play with someone he always wanted to play with. Of course them being the only team interested meant it didn't take much effort.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeisOffenseReturns. Show WeisOffenseReturns's posts

Maybe if their WRs could catch, it wouldn't be so bad?

Berrian "strecthes the field" just fine and always has.

Favre is on one foot, their O Line has some issues, Rice is hurt and Harvin has migraines.

That's the real reason why that's a mess in Minny.

You can hear it in Moss's voice.  He was surprised and in denial BB called his bluff and now he joins a circus with pressure to win in about 4 days.

They got to 1-3, and you can kiss that season goodbye in Minnesota. And he knows it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Favre is not playing well because they don't have any decent WR that can stretch the field. Right now they are putting 8 in the box to either stop AD or to blitz with extra DB, the opponents have no fear of their WR. Bringing Moss there solve this problem, Moss will take 2 with him on one side and that will open things underneath, Percy Harvin will play slot and benefit from it as he is the most comfortable there playing the Wes Welker role, Berrian will be the No.2 that mirrors Moss, and once Rice is back they have a hell of a WR group. Not able to stack 8 in the box will allow AD to run with more space, and keep the opponents honest with their pass rush. In the end, it will give Favre more time to throw, more target to throw, and when that happens, there is no stopping of that offense. To use what he is doing right now as oppose to what he will be doing with Moss is not reasonable. Moss has that kind of effect on the other team.
    Posted by pochen23

The only significant improvement I see for Minn is Peterson's rushing should be off the charts.  But Brett reminds me right now of Marino in his last year.  Throwing tons of picks and bad decisions.  I also won't be surprised if Farve doesn't finish the season at his age.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeisOffenseReturns. Show WeisOffenseReturns's posts

I still think you single cover Moss, take the middle away from Shiancoe and play the run.

Keep in mind, that as much as Moss took up a double here, Welker also helped Moss.

And of course, Brady is more dangerous than Lawn Boy at age 41.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from The-dude. Show The-dude's posts

Well it sure will be interesting to see the Favre/Moss duo, that's for sure.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

If you compare Berrian to Randy Moss in term of "stretching the field", then I got nothing for you. Berrian can't make a catch to save his life, and is no where the threat that opposition need to roll a safety to his side. Harvin has not struggle due to migrant, he had a slightly pulled hip and should be fine going forward. He hasn't done much because he was playing out of position. They will be just fine with Randy Moss.
    Posted by pochen23

I'm sure things will be fine with Moss, I just don't see the "dynamic duo" fans in Minn are expecting with Farve/Moss. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In Response to Re: Moss will disappoint in Minn : I'm sure things will be fine with Moss, I just don't see the "dynamic duo" fans in Minn are expecting with Farve/Moss. 
    Posted by Grogan77

The run game with Peterson just got a lot better.  That's one of the things Moss does for a team.  Now imagine what our run game is going to look like now that D's don't have to worry about Moss burning them.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SShoreLurker. Show SShoreLurker's posts

Statistics be Damned!  Average Joe's who think they know football just because they watch it from their couch, man caves, or from the stadium think they have this story pegged.  There is no tangible proof.

Fact is, Moss will be an improvement to Minnesota because defenses will have to pay attention to him.  Will he catch 1 TD every game? Doubt it. Will he have 90 catches for the year? Unlikely.  Will he win Minnesota a game this season? Absolutely.  How that intangible ressurects the NFC Championship contender is anyone's guess.

Moss was valuable to New England 90% of the time he was here. Whether you agree with the philosophical switch to become a run-n-shoot offense was correct is a different debate.  One thing is for sure, Moss played his role well and the team did the best they could with what he was.  It wasnt perfect, but they did what they set out to do after 2006-- get a deep threat.

Times change, people change, hopefully the Patriots can too.

Thanks Randy. Good Luck.  GO Patriots!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

A double covered 81 is the same as a double covered 84. We all know now that Randy's emotions run high and soon he'll be home sick to boot. Randy worked talked and shared with Tom and the guy's for the last three years. Set records and will be in history together. Remember what he said the best thing about being here was early on. It was him proving everybody in the media wrong. Nobody's bashing him now. It's BB for giving the Pats season away.

Did anyone catch SoundFX this week on NFL network. It had some insight to what happens to players after they GET IT !! After Micheal Huff had whiffed on a few plays the coach pulled him to the side an told him. Micheal you played ball for a while now you seen this stuff before now go make some plays. Not what he did wrong not any help to fix it not this is what's happening. Just go make some plays. The person that NOW GETS IT was Seymour. He had the team around him and he was yelling at everyone to DO THEIR JOB.  Not to worry about the next guy JUST DO YOUR JOB. No one seem to give him much thought or know even what he was talking about.

Randy's off-season press time was he fired his agent and the Pats don't pay. After game #1. A game no one had us winning by the way. Remember BATMAN and ROBIN were coming to town yada yada # ranked D # ranked run game. Still Moss came out with contract. His first words in Minny? (I don't won't to talk contract. First time I've been part of a team. Now that's a team.)

Folks he GETS IT.

Also  ask yourself this.

How does BB tell the rookies go work your AZZ off to get open and were going to force the ball to a double or tripled covered Randy. How about telling a injured Wes you go work the middle again so they bring the heat to you?  Ever seen Brady climb into Moss for anything? I've seen Wes get it more than once. Think Edelman on the two point vs Moss on the whiffed block.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Plluto29. Show Plluto29's posts

Minnesota is getting ready to blow up.  Favre and Childress are ramping up their annual feud and with Moss now in the mix this situation is now explosive.  If you thought Favre was an interception-throwing machine before the trade wait until he, like Brady, and all those QBs before him, starts forcing the ball to Moss.  He'll have so many interceptions it will be riduculous.  Favre and Childress will continue to feud and Moss will pout because Favre can't get him the ball. Favre WAS a great deep thrower, Jaws has correctly pointed out that Favre can't get the ball downfield like he used to (did you not see him limp into the stadium the last time Minnesota was on prime-time). His legs are shot.  This will not be pretty for Minnesota.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Minnesota is getting ready to blow up.  Favre and Childress are ramping up their annual feud and with Moss now in the mix this situation is now explosive.  If you thought Favre was an interception-throwing machine before the trade wait until he, like Brady, and all those QBs before him, starts forcing the ball to Moss.  He'll have so many interceptions it will be riduculous.  Favre and Childress will continue to feud and Moss will pout because Favre can't get him the ball. Favre WAS a great deep thrower, Jaws has correctly pointed out that Favre can't get the ball downfield like he used to (did you not see him limp into the stadium the last time Minnesota was on prime-time). His legs are shot.  This will not be pretty for Minnesota.
    Posted by Plluto29

Sounds 100% accurate too me!  But I'll be rooting for the Vikes when the meet the Jets on Mon.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

It sounds as if his mere presence has given the MN fanbase a collective org@sm.  But seriously, I think he will have a very good season because Favre is the guy to target Moss 15 times a game, covered or not.  Moss is playing for his next contract, he can't be tagged or franchised, so he will be 100% effort every week.   

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Brett Farve's arm strength > Jay Cutler >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Peyton Manning>Drew Brees>>>Tom Brady. 

Brady's deep ball is sh*t. I counted 3 missed TDs that by Moss that had Brady thrown the ball deeper it would've resulted in a TD. He really needs to work on that. Especially since now he doesn't have a 6'4 target that would make an adjustment to help him with that. 

Accuracy - 

Bradford > Brady > Peyton > Brees>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rest of the NFL

Moss will flourish in that offense. Peterson will draw coverage from him, he'll draw coverage away from Peterson, Vinsante and Harvin. All old man has to do is what he's been doing his whole career. CHUCK IT DOWNFIELD!

Sections
Shortcuts