Moss will disappoint in Minn

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeisOffenseReturns. Show WeisOffenseReturns's posts

Re: Moss will disappoint in Minn

A deep ball has nothing do with arm strength in talking about Brady, and saying Brady's is not good is absolutely pathetic.  Brady has one of the best arms in the game and has for years.

Favre is on a bad foot, will be hurried repeatedly, as teams know he'll want to seyt off fireworks to satisfy his and Moss's ego.

NE didn't go deep a lot, and in fact, they went deep too much for my liking without enough play action, for Brady's deep ball to judged fairly.

Moss is doubled a lot which also hurts the rate of deep balls connected on as compared to another team's deep threat in single coverage.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeisOffenseReturns. Show WeisOffenseReturns's posts

In Response to Re: Moss will disappoint in Minn:
    [QUOTE]If you compare Berrian to Randy Moss in term of "stretching the field", then I got nothing for you. Berrian can't make a catch to save his life, and is no where the threat that opposition need to roll a safety to his side. Harvin has not struggle due to migrant, he had a slightly pulled hip and should be fine going forward. He hasn't done much because he was playing out of position. They will be just fine with Randy Moss.
    Posted by pochen23[/QUOTE]

Berrian doesn't battle for the  ball.  I am talking speed in terms of stretching the field, not comparing a HOFer like Moss to Berrian.

Please learn to comprehend people's points before lashing out.

Harvin's migraines are absolutey an issue and Rice may not even return.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeisOffenseReturns. Show WeisOffenseReturns's posts

[QUOTE]A double covered 81 is the same as a double covered 84. We all know now that Randy's emotions run high and soon he'll be home sick to boot. Randy worked talked and shared with Tom and the guy's for the last three years. Set records and will be in history together. Remember what he said the best thing about being here was early on. It was him proving everybody in the media wrong. Nobody's bashing him now. It's BB for giving the Pats season away. Did anyone catch SoundFX this week on NFL network. It had some insight to what happens to players after they GET IT !! After Micheal Huff had whiffed on a few plays the coach pulled him to the side an told him. Micheal you played ball for a while now you seen this stuff before now go make some plays. Not what he did wrong not any help to fix it not this is what's happening. Just go make some plays . The person that NOW GETS IT was Seymour. He had the team around him and he was yelling at everyone to DO THEIR JOB.   Not to worry about the next guy JUST DO YOUR JOB.  No one seem to give him much thought or know even what he was talking about. Randy's off-season press time was he fired his agent and the Pats don't pay. After game #1. A game no one had us winning by the way. Remember BATMAN and ROBIN were coming to town yada yada # ranked D # ranked run game. Still Moss came out with contract. His first words in Minny? (I don't won't to talk contract. First time I've been part of a team. Now that's a team.) Folks he GETS IT. Also  ask yourself this. How does BB tell the rookies go work your AZZ off to get open and were going to force the ball to a double or tripled covered Randy. How about telling a injured Wes you go work the middle again so they bring the heat to you?  Ever seen Brady climb into Moss for anything? I've seen Wes get it more than once. Think Edelman on the two point vs Moss on the whiffed block.  
    Posted by ohyes[/QUOTE]

Seymour "gets it", eh?

At a tune of 12 million for this season and he'll walk next season trying to cash in again.

Seymour doesn't really get it like he did here from 2001-2005.

His last good year here was 2007.  Holding out and demanding more money every year is not really "getting it".

Mike Wright was more effective in a 3-4 here than Seymour in a 4-3 in Oakland last year.

Each has a sack and Seymour plays in a 4-3 which should grant him more opps and he's played a lot more than Wright, to boot.

Seymour is playing a leadership role, but his heart isn't into it out there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]Favre is not playing well because they don't have any decent WR that can stretch the field. Right now they are putting 8 in the box to either stop AD or to blitz with extra DB, the opponents have no fear of their WR. Bringing Moss there solve this problem, Moss will take 2 with him on one side and that will open things underneath, Percy Harvin will play slot and benefit from it as he is the most comfortable there playing the Wes Welker role, Berrian will be the No.2 that mirrors Moss, and once Rice is back they have a hell of a WR group. Not able to stack 8 in the box will allow AD to run with more space, and keep the opponents honest with their pass rush. In the end, it will give Favre more time to throw, more target to throw, and when that happens, there is no stopping of that offense. To use what he is doing right now as oppose to what he will be doing with Moss is not reasonable. Moss has that kind of effect on the other team.
    Posted by pochen23[/QUOTE]

Much of this is correct, but if Favre (who is in hot water with Chilly for not running the plays they send in) takes advantage of this, he'll get the same Randy Moss the Pats just got rid of -- a guy pouting because he's not getting enough balls to build a stat sheet that will be worthy of an idiotic contract next season (from someone that won't be the Vikings). No. Favre is going to force the ball to Moss and he's going to throw his usual allotment of interceptions and the Vikings will flame and all is right with the world.

It's also worth noting that a large portion of Favre's problems this season stem not just from a lack of quality receivers but from poor protection as well. I tend to agree with NEgame that the Human Turnover may not survive the season.

Where is Randy then?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimijazz. Show jimijazz's posts

I too think that Moss will disappoint, but not because of attitude and ability, but because I think he is poorly matches with Favre.

Moss is at his best on the fly, especially along the sideline, with a pocket passer who can throw the long well timed rainbow pass.  TB excells at this, I'm not so sure that Favre, who likes to improvise and throw at well covered receivers does this well.  And Moss is not good at going after jump balls and catching in traffic over the middle, two things that Favre needs.

But I wish him well.  He was a TD machine and I'm sorry to see him go.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

It might take a short time for adjustments but to say Moss will disappoint in Minn. is a little bit out there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZachRudy. Show ZachRudy's posts

Randy should do a decent job in MN.  However, I am not sure how well Randy’s game will compliment Brett.  Yes, Brett is a gun slinger and Randy is very good at going deep, however, Moss is now more of a finesse receiver as opposed to a receiver that will go up and get balls.  He runs routes well and expects the ball to be delivered to him on the move.  Brett is more of a - put the ball in a general vicinity and let the receiver make a play.  As mentioned, that is not Randy’s style.  I can recall a couple interceptions due to Moss not going up to get the ball or at least trying to knock the ball down.  I am not knocking Moss – it is just not his game anymore.  I am sure Brett and Randy will have some very nice connection but it may also lead to more than a couple interception. As for Moss opening up the field for others – Moss will do that.  However, that is not how Randy wants to be used.  If it was then Moss would have been happy staying in N.E.            

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]Randy should do a decent job in MN.   However, I am not sure how well Randy’s game will compliment Brett.   Yes, Brett is a gun slinger and Randy is very good at going deep, however, Moss is now more of a finesse receiver as opposed to a receiver that will go up and get balls.   He runs routes well and expects the ball to be delivered to him on the move.   Brett is more of a - put the ball in a general vicinity and let the receiver make a play.   As mentioned, that is not Randy’s style.   I can recall a couple interceptions due to Moss not going up to get the ball or at least trying to knock the ball down.   I am not knocking Moss – it is just not his game anymore.   I am sure Brett and Randy will have some very nice connection but it may also lead to more than a couple interception.   As for Moss opening up the field for others – Moss will do that.   However, that is not how Randy wants to be used.   If it was then Moss would have been happy staying in N.E.                  
    Posted by ZachRudy[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what I've been telling Vikings fan, but needless to say, he's not hearing any of it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Brett Farvre's whining in Minny about them getting him a class receiver was to cover up his inadequacies.  Favre has pushed his envelope too far.  I think he's done and so are the Vikes.  Look for trouble once Moss gets there and things don't improve.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

[QUOTE]Brett Farve's arm strength /> Jay Cutler >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Peyton Manning>Drew Brees>>>Tom Brady.  Brady's deep ball is sh*t. I counted 3 missed TDs that by Moss that had Brady thrown the ball deeper it would've resulted in a TD. He really needs to work on that. Especially since now he doesn't have a 6'4 target that would make an adjustment to help him with that.  Accuracy -  Bradford > Brady > Peyton > Brees>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rest of the NFL Moss will flourish in that offense. Peterson will draw coverage from him, he'll draw coverage away from Peterson, Vinsante and Harvin. All old man has to do is what he's been doing his whole career. CHUCK IT DOWNFIELD!
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

Just to let you know, the year is 2010.  Not the same Brett Farve the Patriots and Bledsoe met in the superbowl years back.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pochen23. Show pochen23's posts

There might be a drop off from 09 to 10 due to ankle injury. But if you have seen him play in 09, he hasn't lost anything in term of arm strength.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Moss will disappoint in Minn:
    [QUOTE]I'm not saying this out of anger now that Moss in no longer a Patriot, my only issue was NE getting nothing but a 3rd rd pick for him.  
    Posted by Grogan77[/QUOTE]

They got him for a 4th rounder.  Who says BB never trades up?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

The difference between the Vikings last year, a team that came very close to winning the NFC championship game and going to the Super Bowl, and this year is that Sidney Rice, the Viking's deep threat, has been out after hip surgery.
    Even with Rice, teams stacked the box against Peterson, allowing Rice to have a pro-bowl year. Against the Vikings with Moss, teams will not be able to stack the box against Peterson, and he will be deadly. If not, then Randy will have another record season. This could finally be the year that the Vikings win the Super Bowl. Randy has always been, and still remains the greatest deep threat in the game.

Moss will eventually disappoint "Minne" fans but not this year. He will be on his best behavior, like he was when he arrived here from Oakland. He will want a contract next year, with or without the lock-out. It is expected human nature.

When the team decided not to give Moss an extension, it started the attitude deterioration that some star players develop under similar circumstances. Randy saw a way to control his own destiny by requesting a trade, and he took it. Things started to get out of hand, and the team decided to do something sooner, rather than later.

When we lost Hobbs, and Samuel, our secondary became a sieve. By losing Moss, our short passing game will draw much more attention. The Patriots have officially given up on this year and they are looking to next year.

Why can't we get player like Moss? ...oh wait....I forgot ... we did have Moss.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

favre will be forcing the ball in to justify the trade and he will pile up INTs

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Farve does force the ball to his best receivers when the chips are down, as he always has done. Sometimes he wins the super bowl, and sometimes he sets the interception record.

He will not force the ball to Moss to justify the trade, because the Moss trade came as a big surprise to him. He was not the driving force, it was Viking management. Farve has always wanted to play with Moss and now he will get his chance. Since the Vikings lost their deep threat, pro-bowler Sidney Rice, the Viking offense has not looked good. With the addition of Moss, they now have the most balanced offense attack in the NFL. Moss will open things up for Shanco and Harvin players that will now receive single coverage all of the time.
    If defenses play Peterson to run then even Moss will get single coverage.

Farve does not have to force passes with this offense. Now, when they double cover Moss, he can give the ball to Peterson who should love the trade, or pass to Shanco or Harvin. When Rice comes back, look out. These guys will be scary.

I am just glad that he won't be back for the Pats game.