Moss

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Moss

How dumb do his comments look now after the Pats are on a signing spree in keeping most of their key free agents?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

Re: Moss

maybe this was Moss' plan all along. I say it was brilliant!!! Way to go Randy.This is what team leaders do!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Too bad it isn't gonna get ya any more $$$$$$$$

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Moss:
    maybe this was Moss' plan all along. I say it was brilliant!!! Way to go Randy.This is what team leaders do!
    Posted by rickrand3

Sounding stupid makes one look brilliant?  Not quite.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Posted by rickrand3

That's the way I took it, that he was challenging the Pats to loosen their purse strings so they would pay to retain and attain better talent.  It looks like it worked.  Bodden, Wilfork and Banta-Cain all got nice contracts.  These three will be patting Moss on the back.

I don't think they wanted to keep Green - for wahtever reason - as I read a local report that they intended to let Green walk.  Maybe their offers were intended to drive up his price for the Broncos (and for Warren)?

Reportedly, Moss is one smart dude.  BB has said he is the smartest receiver he has ever coached.  That's ranking him above hundreds of other receivers.  Even Kraft said that Moss was being an astute business man.

I think Gostowksi, Brady and Moss will all get new contracts this year. I hope Faulk does, but he apparently did not approve of the Pats offer to him.  He was awesome in the last Ravens game, which is hard to do when most of the other players are royally flopping.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Posted by rickrand3

Let's give credit where it is due. Kraft and Belichick knew what they needed to do this off-season and they are getting it done. Moss' comments were not the catalyst to the Pats implementing their off-season strategy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

The Patriots front office doesn't  do anything because of a players comments or additude that they don't want to.  This is one thing I know for sure.  If Moss ends up on the Patriots past 2010 (25% chance as I see it) it is at a slight discount to what some other team would likely offer him and it won't be for more then 4 years... and that is a stretch.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

Sign contact, finish contract then sign new contract.

Sign contract get hurt or not play well get dumped.

As it is in life so it is in the NFL.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The Pats weren't going to just let their best FAs go. What would a 10-6 team look like if they lost all their best defensive players? They would look like what NE might be if they don't sign any other FAs this year, an 8-8 team.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

In Response to Moss:
    How dumb do his comments look now after the Pats are on a signing spree in keeping most of their key free agents?
    Posted by m1021us

I agree with you about that and said this about Moss 3 months ago even though he was hurt he still looked like he didnt care. Everyone is a Moss fan saying how great he is, well that may be true but , and heres the big but, the Pats dont have any rings with him on this team, kinda reminds me of the Dan Marino days, ...oh Dans is sooo great, yeah he is, but how many rings does he have?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Moss : I agree with you about that and said this about Moss 3 months ago even though he was hurt he still looked like he didnt care. Everyone is a Moss fan saying how great he is, well that may be true but , and heres the big but, the Pats dont have any rings with him on this team, kinda reminds me of the Dan Marino days, ...oh Dans is sooo great, yeah he is, but how many rings does he have?
    Posted by Stompper

Moss said it less than a few weeks ago.....

And Wilforrk does look like a moron too for his slap in the face comments.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

how bad will the pats be after he is gone?he has had over 1,000 yrds receiveing the past three years.being that this is an uncapped year,and if he still wants to play after this year.then he needs to get extended.brady should also.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

We're not extending a 35 year old receiver for big money.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

We're not extending a 35 year old receiver for big money.
    Posted by 123meg
    year after year of 1,000 yards receiveing.age isnt a factor with him.as for money?that remains to be seen.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

how bad will the pats be after he is gone?he has had over 1,000 yrds receiveing the past three years.being that this is an uncapped year,and if he still wants to play after this year.then he needs to get extended.brady should also.
    Posted by mosseffect43

I remember the days when we used to win Super Bowls without 1000 yd receivers.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Re: Moss : I remember the days when we used to win Super Bowls without 1000 yd receivers.....
    Posted by m1021us
    how long ago was that?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from datdude401. Show datdude401's posts

Moss's comments had an effect only in the eyes of the media. BB and Kraft knew they had to pony up some dough this time around or they'd risk alienating future free agents from coming to Foxboro. And Moss was positioning himself for next offseason. Just letting possible suitors know, he plans on continuing his career with or without the Pats.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from datdude401. Show datdude401's posts

The only dumb person is the one who started this tread

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

The only dumb person is the one who started this tread
    Posted by datdude401

Awwww....someone gawt his wittle fewlings hurt.....sowry you can't handle the truth.

Moss looks like an idiot, and you do for defending him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Moss : Yea but those days are long gone. The Redsox never used to win WS title with Ted Williams, and that didn't diminish how important Ted was to the team. You are making it sound like the Pats haven't had success since acquiring Randy Moss. He was on a team that was almost the best of all time if not for losing to the Giants on that day. He is also not overly expensive, consider Antonio Bryant and Anquin Boldin are both getting paid 7 to 8 mil a year, 9 mil for Moss is a bargain. Be glad and thankful for his presence in here because you are gonna miss him when he is gone.
    Posted by pochen23

I never said or insinuated that.....I am stating a proven fact that the Pats have won without 1000 yd receivers before.

I love the Pats having a high powered Offense like in 2007, but Moss has seemed to lose something since then and find his mouth to replace the skill he has lost.....That I won't miss.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsordie. Show patsordie's posts

In Response to Moss : I agree with you about that and said this about Moss 3 months ago even though he was hurt he still looked like he didnt care. Everyone is a Moss fan saying how great he is, well that may be true but , and heres the big but, the Pats dont have any rings with him on this team, kinda reminds me of the Dan Marino days, ...oh Dans is sooo great, yeah he is, but how many rings does he have?
    Posted by Stompper

Thats not fair to ask man. You know what happened the last two years - 2008:Brady got hurt; 2009: lost WRs, bad defense etc. 2007 was the only year where we had a good team and Moss on top and we did reach the SB that year and we all know how close we got to winning.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

M1021us you are the fool here. Seriously , this is a stupid thread. And you look like a dumbazz. Neither Moss or Wilfork look bad here. Spending money isnt the first , second or third thing you think about when it comes to the PATS. Both were/are right for calling out the team. And what exactly has Moss lost? He played with a ultra scrub last year in Matt Cassell , who couldnt hit air from throwing out of a plane. And he played almost all year with a bad back/sep. shoulder , and still put 1260/13 up. Would have been 15-17 TDs and 13-1400 if Brady was right early on. Randy has at least 3 more very productive years left and I heard he'll stay here for 4-5mil per , if it was a 3 year deal. Seriously loser get a life , go give your brother a MASSA massage you lil' pu ke.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Moss : how long ago was that?
    Posted by mosseffect43

before we had a 1000 yd receiver.......

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

It just shows how lil' you know about the game when you start living in the past m1021. The game has changed...light years changed from then , are you kidding me? Seriously man grow up and step you game up because you sound like a fool.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

And they wn with D , coaching and always a respectable solid running game. Two of which are gone and havent been seen in a couple years.

Sections
Shortcuts