Moss

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from datdude401. Show datdude401's posts

Re: Moss

In Response to Re: Moss:
    In Response to Re: Moss : Thats not fair to ask man. You know what happened the last two years - 2008:Brady got hurt; 2009: lost WRs, bad defense etc. 2007 was the only year where we had a good team and Moss on top and we did reach the SB that year and we all know how close we got to winning.
    Posted by patsordie

THANK YOU! They have had 1 really good season together and 1 season where they had to find the chemistry, again. Mainly, Brady as he struggled on the deep ball last season at times (which is expected as he had to regain the confidence in that knee). So I agree its unfair to say that offense cant win a SB.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

TO say WIlfork looks like an idiot and all for the comments with the slap in the face comment about the franchise tag.  Some of you are morons.  They only put the franchise tag on him to continue the negotiations and work out the long term deal and Wilfork agreed to that because he wanted to stay here.  If there wasnt going to be a possibility of WIlfork and Patriots striking a long term deal they would of franchised someone else.

As far as Moss, he has every right to say what he wants and its true, the patriots franchise up until this year does not pay crap for young proven players.  We go out and FILL IN holes with veteran players other teams dump for little money and it USE to work. NOW IT DOESNT.  

Moss deserves an extension for atleast 2 years, and should retire as a patriot alongside of Brady and Co. with one more championship under the belt.  If Patriots can win it next year he will sure as hell take whatever we throw at him.

But Kraft should stop spending money buidling Patriot PLACE and the mall no one goes to and start spending on the team that people actually care about.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

where did you get the idea that he wants big money? maybe the Pats are not planning to offer any contract because he is 35 hence the comment?
    Posted by pochen23

Recent media speculation is that Moss is looking for one more big payday and considering the fact he took less to stay here in his 07 extension the thinking is that the Pats won't break the bank for him given his age.  Again, just media talk at this point but seems to make some sense. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

I remember the Days before Maroney when we had real running backs and we would win Super Bowls.  Oh those were the days.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

In Response to Re: Moss : Recent media speculation is that Moss is looking for one more big payday and considering the fact he took less to stay here in his 07 extension the thinking is that the Pats won't break the bank for him given his age.  Again, just media talk at this point but seems to make some sense. 
    Posted by 123meg

WOW, nice slander.  Have a link or are you just trying to spread horrible rumors about a Patriot player?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

In Response to Re: Moss : WOW, nice slander.  Have a link or are you just trying to spread horrible rumors about a Patriot player?
    Posted by Tcal2

Saying he wants one more big pay day is "slander"?  You're kidding right?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

In Response to Re: Moss : I remember the days when we used to win Super Bowls without 1000 yd receivers.....
    Posted by m1021us

i dont know if you've noticed but rules have changed... the defense cant be as effective as it was back then... in today's NFL you have to be able to score!!... 4get the 3 consecutive 1000 yard seasons how are you going to replace 47 TDs (with two different QBs at that)... anquan boldin has'nt done jack issh but he basically gets the same contract as moss after he caught 23 Tds!! and people still want to speak badly about him??

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Moss is one of the best players the Pats have ever had.  Anybody that writes that the Pats would be better off with out him must be drinking.  Even with two signficant injuries, the guy was tied for first in receiving TDs last season, for over 1000 yards...again.  Let's see any other NFL receiver do that with a bad back and an injured shoulder, without missing a game, and playing with an up/down rusty QB coming off major knee surgery.  It probably won't be done again for 30 more years.  

I hate to be a bully here, but SHUT UP!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Moss is one of the best players the Pats have ever had.  Anybody that writes that the Pats would be better off with out him must be drinking.  Even with two signficant injuries, the guy was tied for first in receiving TDs last season, for over 1000 yards...again.  Let's see any other NFL receiver do that with a bad back and an injured shoulder, without missing a game, and playing with an up/down rusty QB coming off major knee surgery.  It probably won't be done again for 30 more years.   I hate to be a bully here, but SHUT UP!
    Posted by chrisakawoody

Pats without Moss = 3-0 SB record in 4 years

Pats with Moss = 0-1 SB record in 3 years

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

OMG we haven't won a Super Bowl with Moss! So if we didn't have him we would win the Super Bowl huh? Keep in mind he did catch what should have been the game winning TD against the Giants if the defense had been able to do their job. Is it Moss's fault that half of the players on the defense forget to pull Manning to the ground? Is it Moss's fault that Ellis Hobbs gave Plexico Burress a cushion of about 10 yards? The guy have put up over 1,000 yards and double digit TDs every year he has been here, but that's just not enough to satisfy?
    Posted by FishTaco64

If Moss is so great, how did he only have 7 rec and 94 yds and 1 TD in all of the 2007 playoffs(3 games)?  or 5 rec 48 yds 0 TD in this year's playoffs(1 game)....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Moss : Cuz he was on a good team and good QB spreads the ball when under pressure as oppose to bad QBs forcing the ball to one WR under pressure? Why don't you look up his career playoffs game log before 2007? great stats and what did that do for his team? nothing. I thought you are not a huge stats guy, hence the not having a 1000 yards receiver can win championship comment. So you are just contradicting yourself. You don't want a Randy Moss cuz he is not needed to win a championship, and his mouth is getting in your way while in your opinion he has not produced up to the level of his 2007 performance. Yet you are blaming Patriot's inability to win a championship in 3 years since he has been here solely on him just because he doesn't put up numbers in the playoffs in 2007 while being a model citizen the whole 2007 and 2008 season? Don't you think you are asking a bit too much out of a single player who in your opinion doesn't deserve to get paid beyond 2010?
    Posted by pochen23

I think that since Moss has been on the team, Brady has gone away from his spreading the ball arouns and was forcing the ball to Moss to keep him from crying and quitting.

I am a huge stat guy, that is what I do....work with stats.....my winning with no 1000 yd receiver was proof to someone who had said that we can't win without him because he was a 1000 yd receiver.....

Again, I am not saying that he shouldn't get paid past 2011.....I was saying that his comments were dumb and inappropriate...and the Pats proved him wrong and stupid.  He should shut up and put up....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from datdude401. Show datdude401's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Moss : I think that since Moss has been on the team, Brady has gone away from his spreading the ball arouns and was forcing the ball to Moss to keep him from crying and quitting. I am a huge stat guy, that is what I do....work with stats.....my winning with no 1000 yd receiver was proof to someone who had said that we can't win without him because he was a 1000 yd receiver..... Again, I am not saying that he shouldn't get paid past 2011.....I was saying that his comments were dumb and inappropriate...and the Pats proved him wrong and stupid.  He should shut up and put up....
    Posted by m1021us

How come Brady cant be to blame for any of the teams success/ lack of?  Your so quick to point out and blame Moss when he's a receiver. He cant throw the ball to himself, Jacka$$. This guy's always runinng around the subject. Brady didnt play Great last year, period. Moss is a deep threat, Welker is the underneath guy. Brady struggled to on the deep ball all season. Did he not?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from datdude401. Show datdude401's posts

This guy Mus hasnt a clue about anything football or anything worth mentioning period, shoot yourself and save us the misery plz.....Drop a line if ya need help Im available until 11pm its Friday

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: Moss : I think that since Moss has been on the team, Brady has gone away from his spreading the ball arouns and was forcing the ball to Moss to keep him from crying and quitting. I am a huge stat guy, that is what I do....work with stats.....my winning with no 1000 yd receiver was proof to someone who had said that we can't win without him because he was a 1000 yd receiver..... Again, I am not saying that he shouldn't get paid past 2011.....I was saying that his comments were dumb and inappropriate...and the Pats proved him wrong and stupid.  He should shut up and put up....
    Posted by m1021us

Your comments are dumb and inappropriate.  His comments were savvy and germane.