Moss

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjaycee. Show jjaycee's posts

Moss

The TWO greatesr trades BB has made #1- trading for Moss  #2 - trading Moss.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: Moss

In Response to Moss:
    [QUOTE]The TWO greatesr trades BB has made #1- trading for Moss  #2 - trading Moss.
    Posted by jaycee1m[/QUOTE]

Traded a 4th round pick to get him and traded for a 3rd round pick (which has a good chance of being high 3rd round pick)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Randy seems like a flash in the pan now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

I wouldn't be surprised if we got Moss back before the end of the season (yes, I know you don't want him, but I do think he'll be waived)

I look at Tennessee and I see a team that's 0-2 since they acquired him.  Their star QB pulls hissy fits and walks out on the team.  They have no offense other than Chris Johnson.  And Moss barely does anything.  Sounds like an explosion waiting to happen...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

We don't need him Nick.  Brady has thrown over 190 passes without an INT.  That's because he not forcing long balls into double coverage anymore.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

Do we have two or three 3rd rounders in this year's draft?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Moss:
    [QUOTE]We don't need him Nick.  Brady has thrown over 190 passes without an INT.  That's because he not forcing long balls into double coverage anymore.
    Posted by Tcal2[/QUOTE]

I didn't say we needed him.  I'm just saying that I wouldn't be surprised if we got him back with all the problems in Tennessee.  They're two separate and entirely different things.  Plus even though he finally got fired, it'd be especially funny if Belichick got Moss back from Childress (with a 3-4 game hiatus) after trading him to Childress for a 3rd-rounder

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

No way. There's a pretty clear correlation between teams tanking and Randy Moss this year. Perhaps BB saw this and decided to ship him out? This team is stronger without Moss. A diva WR just doesn't fit on a team like this.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Moss : I didn't say we needed him.  I'm just saying that I wouldn't be surprised if we got him back with all the problems in Tennessee.  They're two separate and entirely different things.  Plus even though he finally got fired, it'd be especially funny if Belichick got Moss back from Childress (with a 3-4 game hiatus) after trading him to Childress for a 3rd-rounder
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots1a2. Show patriots1a2's posts

[QUOTE]We don't need him Nick.  Brady has thrown over 190 passes without an INT.  That's because he not forcing long balls into double coverage anymore.
    Posted by Tcal2[/QUOTE]

Ill smoke a blunt to that!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Posted by Tcal2[/QUOTE]

AMEN!  Those deep balls to Moss worked well in 2007, but led to interceptions far too often after that.  More than half of the interceptions Brady threw were on balls to Moss.

I like this team just the way it is.  I'm not sure they can win it all "this" year, but this is a fun team to watch.  We don't need Moss unless he can rush the passer.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Moss Who?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

I am not joining the chorus to dis-respect Moss. I agree in the last couple of years the Patriots offense had become one dimensional and the Pats has done very well ( maybe even better) without Moss. But it may be partly stemming from the blooming of a running game and TEs. Brady to Moss gave us an exciting and historical season in 2007, and I still fondly remember the ride. Moss signed an extension below market price after 2007. After his departure, he had not said one bad word about the Pats, and I think he now realizes he made a big mistake in his actions that led to him being traded.

Brandon Tate is no Randy Moss.

If Randy comes back next season, a much more humbled person, Brady will have a receiving corp of Branch, Moss and Welker, and the TE combo of Gronk, Crumpler and Hernandez. Plus a running game. Belly-check can use all those draft picks to build the defense. That will be the nightmare of all the other NFL teams.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sfpat. Show sfpat's posts

I'd rather draft Blackmon from Ok State.  He's a stud

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

BB should've made a play for Brandon Marshall. I watched the Pats play yesterday and I realized the problem with our offense with Moss. Moss only ran 2 routes, a go route and, on occasion, a slant route. He was a predictable player in the offense and teams could easily gameplan around him. 

Marshall, on the other hand, is a complete freak. He can do it all and block in the running game. 

Moss wasn't the problem, Moss' style of play was. I'll never forget the years we had him for, but he's gone now and I look forward to seeing what the Pats can do. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]I am not joining the chorus to dis-respect Moss. I agree in the last couple of years the Patriots offense had become one dimensional and the Pats has done very well ( maybe even better) without Moss. But it may be partly stemming from the blooming of a running game and TEs. Brady to Moss gave us an exciting and historical season in 2007, and I still fondly remember the ride. Moss signed an extension below market price after 2007. After his departure, he had not said one bad word about the Pats, and I think he now realizes he made a big mistake in his actions that led to him being traded. Brandon Tate is no Randy Moss. If Randy comes back next season, a much more humbled person, Brady will have a receiving corp of Branch, Moss and Welker, and the TE combo of Gronk, Crumpler and Hernandez. Plus a running game. Belly-check can use all those draft picks to build the defense. That will be the nightmare of all the other NFL teams.
    Posted by nomadfan[/QUOTE]

I agree with you. If available, with a hometown discount, AND an agreement to be a team player - it'd be interesting to have him back next year - but, the Pats will be fine w/o him too.

That being said, it'll be fun to see what we do to continue to shore up our defense (pass rush and secondary) for next year Laughing

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Are those hoping Moss comes back next year nuts? The reason the 07' O worked so well is because it's something no one has seen before. It took them time but you can clearly see after thanksgiving in 07' teams started to figure it out and the O slowly started to get stopped. Then last year they tried to run a similar O and it's was almost completely shut down. Now that we switched back to the older 01-04 O the team has had it's most balanced and arguable best O since Brady's been in the league. And that's with no front line RB's (I love BJGE and Woodhead but they aren't franchise RB's). This isn't to mention that Moss has cleared lost multiple steps and no longer fights for the ball like he use to. What this team needs is a Boldin or Marshall type WR. A big WR with great route running skills that will go up and get a ball. Resign Branch cheap and draft a complimentary RB to BJGE and Woodhead and we'll have an amazing O that no one will be able to predict.

However, I think the pass rush should be priority #1 in the draft followed by the lines and then in the late 2nd or 3rd look for a RB and/or big bodied possession WR.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

"What this team needs is a Boldin or Marshall type WR. A big WR with great route running skills that will go up and get a ball. Resign Branch cheap..."

The Moss scenario is just hypothetical. The prospect for Moss to get a good team signing him to a large contract is very small given he has no production this year. So he might accept a return to to a team under favorable terms to the Pats so that he can at least enjoy being part of a winning team. His role and the offensive scheme will be quite different should he return. I think if he comes back to the Pat, it is because he wants to and he will be a much humbler person.

Your scenario sounds good, but where are you going to get the Boldin, Marshall type of receivers? Why do you think he would accept a secondary role and money? And why should Branch be expected to re-sign cheap? Why not pay everyone his worth instead of under market rate? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Hmm an agreement to be a team player. Do you think he signed one of those before being traded to the Vikings? Or after week 1 where he whined for 15 minutes after a victory and vowed to be a team player THE REST OF THIS YEAR for the patriots. 

I can't comprehend how people forget how big a disruption Moss is and will be going forward. He's been an extremely negative factor for every team he's been on this year. He had 0 catches last week. the titans are imploding.

Does anyone want more reasons? Okay here are some more...

Brady is a better QB and leader without Moss. He also looks for the open guy instead of placating the diva.

The team is tougher and more balanced.

Moss was a negative leader. Not a bad guy, but the last guy you'd want in fox hole. He shrinks in December, January, and in big games. Go all the way back to Minnesota if you want to and he's always disappointed in big games.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Moss : I agree with you. If available, with a hometown discount, AND an agreement to be a team player - it'd be interesting to have him back next year - but, the Pats will be fine w/o him too. That being said, it'll be fun to see what we do to continue to shore up our defense (pass rush and secondary) for next year
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]BB should've made a play for Brandon Marshall. I watched the Pats play yesterday and I realized the problem with our offense with Moss. Moss only ran 2 routes, a go route and, on occasion, a slant route. He was a predictable player in the offense and teams could easily gameplan around him.  Marshall, on the other hand, is a complete freak. He can do it all and block in the running game.  Moss wasn't the problem, Moss' style of play was. I'll never forget the years we had him for, but he's gone now and I look forward to seeing what the Pats can do. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah that Marshall guy is doing a bang up job this year. Get rid of one guy who no longer wanted to play team football and get a guy who has never played team football??? No thanks I'd rather have Branch....luckily so do the Patriots.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]"What this team needs is a Boldin or Marshall type WR. A big WR with great route running skills that will go up and get a ball. Resign Branch cheap..." The Moss scenario is just hypothetical. The prospect for Moss to get a good team signing him to a large contract is very small given he has no production this year. So he might accept a return to to a team under favorable terms to the Pats so that he can at least enjoy being part of a winning team. His role and the offensive scheme will be quite different should he return. I think if he comes back to the Pat, it is because he wants to and he will be a much humbler person. Your scenario sounds good, but where are you going to get the Boldin, Marshall type of receivers? Why do you think he would accept a secondary role and money? And why should Branch be expected to re-sign cheap? Why not pay everyone his worth instead of under market rate? 
    Posted by nomadfan[/QUOTE]

I don't think Moss will come in with a discount but even if he does do you really believe he will act like a dog with his tail between his legs? He's Randy and for good or bad he's going to act like the #1 WR on the team which looking at him now I can truly say he's barely half the WR he was in 07'. Lets face it teams with a good CB can press him one on one and he has enormous troubles getting separation anymore. He also doesn't seem to have any interest going up and getting the ball anymore. I could be wrong but I'm watching his abilities drastically decline in the last year and half or so.

As for the Marshall/Boldin type, I don't mean a true #1 WR but more of a larger possession WR that will run good routes and fight for the ball. I guess better non-star powered examples would be like a Kenny Britt, David Gettis, or Mike Sims-Walker You might be able to find one in the later 2nd/3rd round area like say Pettis out of Boise or Hankerson out of the U. Both in the 6'3" range with frame to be 210-220lb. Neither have great top line speed but both run good routes that will fight up the middle.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Marshall and Bolding have done about as much as Moss and we should have gotten both."

And which players with equivalent salaries would you have sacrificed for those guys?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I think he was being sarcastic.

[QUOTE]" Marshall and Bolding have done about as much as Moss and we should have gotten both." And which players with equivalent salaries would you have sacrificed for those guys?
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]Are those hoping Moss comes back next year nuts? The reason the 07' O worked so well is because it's something no one has seen before. It took them time but you can clearly see after thanksgiving in 07' teams started to figure it out and the O slowly started to get stopped. Then last year they tried to run a similar O and it's was almost completely shut down. Now that we switched back to the older 01-04 O the team has had it's most balanced and arguable best O since Brady's been in the league. And that's with no front line RB's (I love BJGE and Woodhead but they aren't franchise RB's). This isn't to mention that Moss has cleared lost multiple steps and no longer fights for the ball like he use to. What this team needs is a Boldin or Marshall type WR. A big WR with great route running skills that will go up and get a ball. Resign Branch cheap and draft a complimentary RB to BJGE and Woodhead and we'll have an amazing O that no one will be able to predict. However, I think the pass rush should be priority #1 in the draft followed by the lines and then in the late 2nd or 3rd look for a RB and/or big bodied possession WR.
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

In 2007, our two-headed monster was Moss and Welker and focused on the spread offense as our only weapon - so, yeah, teams finally adapted later in the season. Our offense kept the D off the field, but our defensive weaknesses didn't really "show" until the end of the year. In addition the Giants team matched up well in one single game because of the Giants pass rush.

For 2010, it's totally different. Yes, we still use the spread offense - but are not contrained with just using two players - AND - their using 2 TE power formation, play action, and running the ball with a purpose.

I'd welcome Moss back - but just make sure he's going to play a significantly smaller role on offense - and that he'd still be expected to do the little things like blocking and lengthening the field for us.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Moss : Oh yeah that Marshall guy is doing a bang up job this year. Get rid of one guy who no longer wanted to play team football and get a guy who has never played team football??? No thanks I'd rather have Branch....luckily so do the Patriots.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

Idiotic, who's throwing Marshall the ball in Miami? Thigpen? Our passing offense blows, they are lucky that Alphonso Smith played against Detroit or we might've lost that game. 

Marshall is a true WR and he shows up to every game, he's holds the record for catches in a game BTW. Branch? Dude's a loser, before Alphonso Smith became the twelfth Patriot on the field Branch did NOTHING. Before the Detroit game how many TDs did Branch have since the Baltimore game? 0!!!

Branch is a joke, get your head out your @$$. 

I'd take Branch over Marshall. I guess you'd take Betty White over Scarlett Johansen too. -_-

Sections
Shortcuts