Moss,and Holt.the most prolific receiveing duo in NFL history

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffectredux. Show mosseffectredux's posts

Moss,and Holt.the most prolific receiveing duo in NFL history

these two players will Blow teams away with brady throwing to them.moss and holt alone have stats that are mind blowing.only oakland had the same results with tim brown,and jerry rice.if brady has the time to throw.we could see the 2007 offense re-born.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/13315/moss-holt-form-statistical-rarity-for-pats

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffectredux. Show mosseffectredux's posts

Re: Moss,and Holt.the most prolific receiveing duo in NFL history

In Response to Re: Moss,and Holt.the most prolific receiveing duo in NFL history:
    In Response to Moss,and Holt.the most prolific receiveing duo in NFL history : That must have been easy to just change the name on last year's post from Galloway to Holt.
    Posted by bjesuss
    for one i never did this post last year,and two i never was a Galloway fan.and there is a big diffrence between Holt,and Galloway.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from USMCM1A1. Show USMCM1A1's posts

Re: Brady,Moss,and Holt= High octane offense

I think Torry Holt is here to help mentor younger receivers.  Hi stats are just that: stats from his history and past. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffectredux. Show mosseffectredux's posts

In Response to Re: Moss,and Holt.the most prolific receiveing duo in NFL history:
    In Response to Re: Moss,and Holt.the most prolific receiveing duo in NFL history : Absolutely right!  Holt has been on much better teams and has had better QBs throwing to him.  Oh yeah, he fumbles a lot more, too.
    Posted by bjesuss
    he has been on better teams with better QB,s?I can see your a outsider here.its obvious.he is the same age as moss.so no problem there.as for a player fumbleing.they all do time to time.so no problem there.as for loseing a step?who cares.he will fill in as harrison did for wayne,and boldin did for fitzgerald.yes he will help the young guys,but you will see him starting the other side of moss.bank on it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

Maybe 5 years ago. Both are still very good receivers but niether one is close to the receiver they once were.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

As for reliving our 2007 offense again, JUST SAY NO!  As pointed out on another thread, our 2007 offense wasn't even as good as our 2007 offense.  That's not a typo.  We slaughtered teams in 2007 right up until the Eagles game.  From that point forward our offense was good, but not great.  Had it played all season long the way it played after the Eagles game, not a single offensive record would have been shattered.

I know it sounds foolish to not want to see the 2007 offense imitated this year.  I'll be the fool and say I don't want to see it.  Let me see a balanced smash-mouth offense instead.  The records we broke in 2007 obscure the fact that our offense was slowed down to mere human level later in the season.  In other words, the D coordinators needed some time to decipher it, but decipher it they did.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

bjesus, I have no doubt that you speak authoritatively but for those of us not so knowledgeable would you mind naming the better quarterbacks than Brady and the much better teams than the Pats?  Thanks; trying to get up to speed here.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEforever. Show NEforever's posts

We are just going to have to wait and see! I thought Galloway and moss would have been speical too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In Response to Re: Brady,Moss,and Holt= High octane offense:
    In Response to Re: Brady,Moss,and Holt= High octane offense : I actually wasn't including the Pats, but that sure didn't help Joey.  Overall, those Rams teams were better and had better QBs than Seatle, Dallas, Tampa. I actually like the Holt pick up.  Once Welker returns that will be a very good group.  Welker is the key, though. Regardless, the fact that Holt & Moss combined have some sort of historical signifigance is kind of dumb.
    Posted by bjesuss

Galloway just wasn't a good fit and, from my perspective, he and Holt are quite different.

It will take a bit for this year's receiving corps to come together but given the talent level and savvy involved will be a most effective lot once they do.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Holt is only average and he made too many penalties last year. 

I'm excited about Moss being at 100%.  I'm pleased that Welker is playing catch already.  Edelman's on his way and heating up some more.

Suddenly Brady's going to have the semi-legit tight end targets that he didn't have before.  Crumpler is all about blocking but he's middle of the pack in the NFL for receiving too, he just played with a lousy quarterback last year.  Gronk may be a huge blocker but he also can get loose with explosion (well, good pop for a big lug) and as a target he's way above the little shrimp defenders. 

Then comes Hernandez.  He's a defensive backfield nightmare in his own right.  He has a Dallas Clark game.

I have a feeling that the new kid, Price, has all the tools.  Once he learns how to actually run routes he could be hot, but that may not happen by September.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

It has the potential to be a great unit, but the same was said about Galloway & Moss.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Well I never got excited about Galloway.  I think Holt is a great compliment to Moss.  He is good at all things Moss is not.  I would have liked someone more physical like Boldin or even Steve Smith but Holt is better than Gaffney or Stallworth or whoever was the other receiver last year.

I think this will be the best Pats WR core they've ever had.  But we don't know if Brady can be Brady again, and there's the running game and the defense has potential but will it do what we expect?  We'll see, don't expect 2007 again, because the division is much tougher, but expect a very good passing game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

So you are not a Pats fan or were you just joking when you said you didnt like them? I am confused i didnt think you were a troll.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

He's an admitted Jets fan Killa.  Not as bad as the fictitious Jets fan Leon, but a pretty negative dude nonetheless.  That said, sometimes I think there are a lot of Pats fans on this board that make him look like a positive guy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

I read this article too and the first thing I thought of was how all the Pats fans would read it and immediately think Holt and Moss is Rice and Brown.

I'm not buying it. A month ago when the Pats signed Holt everyone said it was a good signing; solid but not spectacular.

One guy write an article and all of a sudden this is an awesome signing and we're talking about rivaling the 2007 team?

I'm selling. I also don't care at all about being proven wrong if Holt is that good.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

Thanksgiving day lineup...

Holt.....Tate.....Welker....TGCGT....Price....Moss

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DogenHanda. Show DogenHanda's posts

Even if Moss and Holt are not playing at the same level they were 5 years ago, they are still experienced enough to cause a great deal of trouble to defensive backfields - particularly if one or both of the rookie tight ends perform as we hope they do.

When Welker comes back, we will all be looking forward to mixing and matching of Moss, Holt, Welker, Price, Tate, Gronkowski, and Hernandez as they are unleashed on the NFL.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I think they ar part of it, don't forget the other WRs. If Tate, Holt, Moss and Edelman/Welker are lined up, with Gronk/Hernandez on the line now that will high octane

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Re: Brady,Moss,and Holt= High octane offense : He's an admitted Jets fan Killa.  Not as bad as the fictitious Jets fan Leon, but a pretty negative dude nonetheless.  That said, sometimes I think there are a lot of Pats fans on this board that make him look like a positive guy.
    Posted by carawaydj
    Yeah I agree that bjesuss is a jests fan. Look I think we could see the Patriots using 3 TE sets with Hernandez playing out of the slot,with Holt and Moss out wide. As for little Wesley he'll be back sooner that we all originally thought,by the 6th week at the latest. Edelman was a quick study and he will fill in admirably for Wes. I would like to see Bryan Anderson make the team along with Pat Paschall this team could use the youth infusion at both the WR and RB positions.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Thanksgiving day lineup... Holt.....Tate.....Welker....TGCGT....Price....Moss
    Posted by HRK103
    OK  what is TGCGT?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

holt and patten will be mentors to these young recievers this year. i really want to see taylor price get on the field and see him do his thing... i really liked the guy going into the draft but really didnt see the pats taking him. im sure glad they did though. he can master his game under holt, patten, moss, and welker.  exciting stuff.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Brady,Moss,and Holt= High octane offense : OK  what is TGCGT?
    Posted by sportsbozo1

You're a genius. Laughing

TGCGT = Tackle, Guard, Center, Guard, Tackle