Most Anti-Climatic Pats Draft EVER

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Most Anti-Climatic Pats Draft EVER

Nobody drafted that will help this team, other than place-holder backups.

I would have prefered ONE impact player to 8 non-contributors... Wea had about 10 shots at a high impact player, including 1 safety, 4 DTs, 3 WRs, 

I grade this draft a D.

don't need to see round 4 and 7.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Re: Most Anti-Climatic Pats Draft EVER

In response to Eldunker's comment:

I would have prefered ONE impact player to 8 non-contributors... Wea had about 10 shots at a high impact player, including 1 safety, 4 DTs, 3 WRs, 

I grade this draft a D.

lol....there were some who were holding their breath w/ an impact trade involving Mallett for a second round choice too....

Likewise, I'm pretty disappointed w/ draft picks thus far.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

We have ALL the Rutgers players now.  Cornered the market.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

You will change your mind later....

Dobson for one will be tremendous... Better than anyone you thought we might get.

I like the speed and atheleticism of the LB. Could become that cover LB we want.  He has a huge vertical leap.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

I think we got some solid players. We have starters, we need depth, give these guys some,time to develop. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:

You will change your mind later....

Dobson for one will be tremendous... Better than anyone you thought we might get.

I like the speed and atheleticism of the LB. Could become that cover LB we want.  He has a huge vertical leap.

I like what i read about Dobson, but I have to agree with Eldunker.  This draft class for the Pats is horrendous.  

I would have rather seen the Pats package picks in rounds 1-3, moved up to #20, and picked Manti Te'o.  

That would've made about as much sense.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

Remember what they said about Wilson last year? He looked pretty good as a rookie. The safety from Rutgers seems more like a strong safety type

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

In response to Brady2Moss07's comment:

I think we got some solid players. We have starters, we need depth, give these guys some,time to develop. 

Don't kid yourself.  It looks like we got ourselves a bunch of Cunninghams, Butlers, and Crables.

I have zero confidence in that safety they got.  He's ranked 47th among safeties

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Remember what they said about Wilson last year? He looked pretty good as a rookie. The safety from Rutgers seems more like a strong safety type

So then what do you do with your newly acquired A. Wilson or T. Wilson? McCourty is our best S right now so I don't see him moving back to CB. Seems like you you are hedge your bets on either T. Wison or Harmon being good but not both. Since you spent a 2nd and now a 3rd or two similar type of players not sure I see the value there

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

So then what do you do with your newly acquired A. Wilson or T. Wilson? McCourty is our best S right now so I don't see him moving back to CB. Seems like you you are hedge your bets on either T. Wison or Harmon being good but not both. Since you spent a 2nd and now a 3rd or two similar type of players not sure I see the value there

Different tropes of player Wilson can play multiple positions, Harmon is likely there to develop, more of a SS

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to Army2LT's comment:

Don't kid yourself.  It looks like we got ourselves a bunch of Cunninghams, Butlers, and Crables.

I have zero confidence in that safety they got.  He's ranked 47th among safeties

16th for SSs.

He's the Adrian Wilson replacement in 2015.

I hope you are right.  I can't find anything on his kid.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Well that's not really true - he couldn't crack the starting lineup towards the end of the year when we had injuries - rumor was he couldn't pick things up/kept making the same mistakes over and over. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

maybe they can combine and trade the rest of their picks for the backup Rudgers safety!!

Collins, pick 52 was projected by DraftTech as the 52nd player picked = not an impact player, probably not a starter, no major impact to the team that I can see.

Dobson, pick 59, was projected as the 88th = big reach

Ryan =  I'll withold judgement here, but I don't get it.  Were we looking for CB that could step in and help immediately or just add another body?

Harmon, our 3rd pick, is not even on the charts after 400 player projections (like Tavon wilson) = are you kidding me!!  Didn't we also pick a S with an EARLY second round last year and also sign a S FA??  So I guess Tavon WAS a wasted stupid second round pick like we all thought!

I bet three years from now they will say this was the worst manged Pats draft EVER!!! No team improvement that I can see.  Oh, I'm going to cringe when I se see players we could have had excel for other teams.  

Go Bruins!!  Go Red Sox.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

A google search for 'duron' brings up a brand of paint.

RUTGERS: S Duron Harmon (6-0, 196, 4.51)...Although his interception total dropped from five in 2011 to just one in 2012, Harmon shows a natural feel in coverage and isn't shy about attacking the run. - Dane Brugler, NFLDraftScout.com

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I grade this draft a D.

You're a moron NBA fan all angry because the Celts didn't sell off Garnett and Pierce last year.

No you're a moron. You are the total fool that ran around here bragging how we were going to swap first round picks for Mallett with Cleveland. Instant classic!! Instant! Can't make it up! Bawahahahahaaaahahahahaaa!!!!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Well that's not really true - he couldn't crack the starting lineup towards the end of the year when we had injuries - rumor was he couldn't pick things up/kept making the same mistakes over and over. 

He played the 'big nickel' role during the playoffs and was very effective covering TEs in man coverage. 

To say he had a poor season is a massive misevaluation.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

maybe they can combine and trade the rest of their picks for the backup Rudgers safety!!

Collins, pick 52 was projected by DraftTech as the 52nd player picked = not an impact player, probably not a starter, no major impact to the team that I can see.

Dobson, pick 59, was projected as the 88th = big reach

Ryan =  I'll withold judgement here, but I don't get it.  Were we looking for CB that could step in and help immediately or just add another body?

Harmon, our 3rd pick, is not even on the charts after 400 player projections (like Tavon wilson) = are you kidding me!!  Didn't we also pick a S with an EARLY second round last year and also sign a S FA??  So I guess Tavon WAS a wasted stupid second round pick like we all thought!

I bet three years from now they will say this was the worst manged Pats draft EVER!!! No team improvement that I can see.  Oh, I'm going to cringe when I se see players we could have had excel for other teams.  

Go Bruins!!  Go Red Sox.

Are you bipolar?

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejuice1. Show thejuice1's posts

Dunker... really impact players aren't found at the 52nd pick? Stick to basketball. You clearly are clueless when it comes to football

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I grade this draft a D.

You're a moron NBA fan all angry because the Celts didn't sell off Garnett and Pierce last year.

No you're a moron. You are the total fool that ran around here bragging how we were going to swap first round picks for Mallett with Cleveland. Instant classic!! Instant! Can't make it up! Bawahahahahaaaahahahahaaa!!!!!!!

Not me. You got the wrong guy there nohat.  I've always advocated keeping Mallet.  Go have another drink of your arsnic laced shirley temples or prove your false accusations...moron.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

He played the 'big nickel' role during the playoffs and was very effective covering TEs in man coverage. 

To say he had a poor season is a massive misevaluation.

Well if he played the big nickel so well we wouldn't of signed Wilson this off season to play that very roll...or wasted another pick on a safety in the third this year. I seem to remember no one covering Baltimore's tight ends during that playoff game. Just because you are on the field - with a pulse - and haven't fallen over your own feet, doesn't mean you are "effective".