Most Anti-Climatic Pats Draft EVER

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Re: Most Anti-Climatic Pats Draft EVER

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to dreighver's comment:

In response to Eldunker's comment:

maybe they can combine and trade the rest of their picks for the backup Rudgers safety!!

Collins, pick 52 was projected by DraftTech as the 52nd player picked = not an impact player, probably not a starter, no major impact to the team that I can see.

Dobson, pick 59, was projected as the 88th = big reach

Ryan =  I'll withold judgement here, but I don't get it.  Were we looking for CB that could step in and help immediately or just add another body?

Harmon, our 3rd pick, is not even on the charts after 400 player projections (like Tavon wilson) = are you kidding me!!  Didn't we also pick a S with an EARLY second round last year and also sign a S FA??  So I guess Tavon WAS a wasted stupid second round pick like we all thought!

I bet three years from now they will say this was the worst manged Pats draft EVER!!! No team improvement that I can see.  Oh, I'm going to cringe when I se see players we could have had excel for other teams.  

Go Bruins!!  Go Red Sox.

Are you bipolar?

I just think he's a moron.  We have many pink hat morons who read mocks and blogs for months and then when BB doesn't match their mock or come close, this is what they do every year like clockwork.

Frankly, I love the base of our team and I look forward to how these pieces fit in moving on into future seasons.

BB gets pass rush and size at WR and for some, it's not still not good enough.

You think I'm a moron?  Ohh that really hurts my feelings.  and oh yeah, my mommy can beat uop your mommy!!  Grow up.  you immature, arrogant fool.  You know less about football and the Patriots than nohat.  lol

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Nobody drafted that will help this team, other than place-holder backups.

I would have prefered ONE impact player to 8 non-contributors... Wea had about 10 shots at a high impact player, including 1 safety, 4 DTs, 3 WRs, 

I grade this draft a D.

don't need to see round 4 and 7.

You're a moron NBA fan all angry because the Celts didn't sell off Garnett and Pierce last year.

No you're a moron. You are the total fool that ran around here bragging how we were going to swap first round picks for Mallett with Cleveland. Instant classic!! Instant! Can't make it up! Bawahahahahaaaahahahahaaa!!!!!!!

Not me. You got the wrong guy there nohat.  I've always advocated keeping Mallet.  Go have another drink of your arsnic laced shirley temples or prove your false accusations...moron.

My God! I can't believe it?! I wasn't talking to you, but you just proved one thing that I didn't think was humanly possible...you are a bigger moron than the guy who was previously picking on YOU. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Yet another one goes on the ignore list. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I would have prefered ONE impact player to 8 non-contributors... Wea had about 10 shots at a high impact player, including 1 safety, 4 DTs, 3 WRs, 

I grade this draft a D.

You're a moron NBA fan all angry because the Celts didn't sell off Garnett and Pierce last year.

No you're a moron. You are the total fool that ran around here bragging how we were going to swap first round picks for Mallett with Cleveland. Instant classic!! Instant! Can't make it up! Bawahahahahaaaahahahahaaa!!!!!!!

Umm, me saying that's a possibilty isn't me saying "we are going to swap picks" as  a definite.

You're a moron. I mean, you really are. Earlier tonight you said "Montee Ball to Denver, too bad", right before our pick of DObson.  That was not a coincidence. We don't need an RB but just because Denver was picking right before us, you said "too bad". Too bad? LOL!!

If BB chose an RB in Rd 2, your phony little behind would have used that as an opp to slam BB.

Further, EJ Manuel at 15 was absolutely horrendous and Geno Smith to your favorite team the Jets, might be worse!

Horrendous!

Two of the dumbest QBs in 15 years somehow are better options than Brady's back up whose numbers in the SEC and play dwarfs those two bozos.

Priceless.

Learn the game.

Newsflash:

13-3 and we wait on Brady's execution when it counts in January. Book it.

You are a fool. You went around bragging about our future trade to Cleveland and how "weak the quarterback class was". Did that make one ounce of a difference in a trade involving Mallett? NO! And it was what we have been telling you for months...months! All you talked about was Lombardi - all we talked about was how Lombradi would be stupid to do something like that as a first year GM. Lombardi proved one thing...he's not as dumb as you.

It makes me laugh you could be so wrong and feel you were so right just a day ago. How does that feel? What's that like? To be so wrong, so often...must be kind of strange.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

I think Mallet is good insurance. But the draft is not over yet.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to Army2LT's comment:

In response to Brady2Moss07's comment:

I think we got some solid players. We have starters, we need depth, give these guys some,time to develop. 

Don't kid yourself.  It looks like we got ourselves a bunch of Cunninghams, Butlers, and Crables.

RESPONSE: Amen. Disappointing.

I have zero confidence in that safety they got.  He's ranked 47th among safeties

RESPONSE: Yeah...but I bet he's great at covering kicks...geez! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I grade this draft a D.

Umm, me saying that's a possibilty isn't me saying "we are going to swap picks" as  a definite.

You're a moron. I mean, you really are. Earlier tonight you said "Montee Ball to Denver, too bad", right before our pick of DObson.  That was not a coincidence. We don't need an RB but just because Denver was picking right before us, you said "too bad". Too bad? LOL!!

If BB chose an RB in Rd 2, your phony little behind would have used that as an opp to slam BB.

Further, EJ Manuel at 15 was absolutely horrendous and Geno Smith to your favorite team the Jets, might be worse!

Horrendous!

Two of the dumbest QBs in 15 years somehow are better options than Brady's back up whose numbers in the SEC and play dwarfs those two bozos.

Priceless.

Learn the game.

Newsflash:

13-3 and we wait on Brady's execution when it counts in January. Book it.

You are a fool. You went around bragging about our future trade to Cleveland and how "weak the quarterback class was". Did that make one ounce of a difference in a trade involving Mallett? NO! And it was what we have been telling you for months...months! All you talked about was Lombardi - all we talked about was how Lombradi would be stupid to do something like that as a first year GM. Lombardi proved one thing...he's not as dumb as you.

It makes me laugh you could be so wrong and feel you were so right just a day ago. How does that feel? What's that like? To be so wrong, so often...must be kind of strange.

"bragging"? I am now supposed to control god awful GM's decisions?

Get a dictionary, moron. Oh my god. I asked you 10 times to state a case as to why god awful EJ Manuel or Geno Smith were superior to Mallett. You still haven't done that. Why is that?

LMAO

The board knows why. The Bills and Jets are led by morons, hence why they took those 2 QBS with no others QBs going, you idiot!

LOL!!  Leave it to you to paise their moves.  Cannot be made up.  It just can't. Each AFC rival just took two slam dunk busts and you're mocking me because other franchises are dumb? Oh my.

You need more than a college degree, Cupcake.

Jets fans stood in utter horror when the pick was read. I felt awful for Wayne Chrebet. The look on his face said it all, yet you approve of the pick?! Are you serious? I think he crapped his pants when he read that off.  Seriously.  That's how awkward it is.  Yet, bad GM work is my problem? lol!!

I nearly peed myself thinking that the Jets can't get Mallett for a 2nd rder but took Geno Smith in desperation.

Good enough for me!

I'll take the draft pick next year, thanks very much.

First off no need to go assessing other teams. None. This is about how you wrongly assessed Mallett's value...that's it. You told everyone how we were going to get a first round pick for him - just a day ago you were calling out people when you thought a trade was going to happen..it didn't to no surprise of everyone (except you). I have really no idea how quarterbacks drafted this year will do, but I can guarantee most will do more than what Mallett has done in three seasons.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Brady2Moss07's comment:

Remember what they said about Wilson last year? He looked pretty good as a rookie. The safety from Rutgers seems more like a strong safety type

Well that's not really true - he couldn't crack the starting lineup towards the end of the year when we had injuries - rumor was he couldn't pick things up/kept making the same mistakes over and over. 

He played the 'big nickel' role during the playoffs and was very effective covering TEs in man coverage. 

To say he had a poor season is a massive misevaluation.

He was alright but nothing that got me excited waching him at all. I saw more JAG then I saw starter for a majority of the season. What killed me was he bit on pumps and double moves letting receivers get behind him and gain the sideline all season. He didn't really learn from his mistakes. That they brought in A. Wilson then drafted Harmon speaks volumes too. If they had confidence in the kid to play the role A Wilson should have been enough. T Wilson has a bigger body and can be a heavy hitter so for that high of a pick to bring in multiple people to limit his snaps is kind of scary. I also don't believe you bring in a 3rd rounder for 3 years down the road when you can find immediate depth help this year in other areas of need. Now if the figure A Wilson will only last 2 years it makes more sense but still in the 3rd you expect little the first year, platoon/high sub role year 2 and either a Sanders type role or a starter year 3 not having him take over the starting role until year 4 you usual reserve for day 3 gambles.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Just when I thought none was left, the Patriots war room must of gotten a fresh delivery of S*it this morning to throw at the wall tonight.  BB picking crappy DB's is like watching a dog endlessly chasing it tail.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

2 players I like that we drafted...Dobson and Ryan. I think both can develop into good players, Dobson has incredible upside, and should be productive day 1 in the X role...which is what we really needed.

i think the SS from Rutgers was a wasted pick, and Collins a reach. I liked Collins in the  late 3-4 rounds, certainly not at 52 When there was still a ton of other talent on the board.

the one pick we will all look back on his huron the SS . 1 pick after him the Rams took Bailey at WR. We really should have doubled up and took bailey as I don't see any room for Huron. That would have made a good draft overall. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

I grade this draft a D.

Not me. You got the wrong guy there nohat.  I've always advocated keeping Mallet.  Go have another drink of your arsnic laced shirley temples or prove your false accusations...moron.

hurl was speaking to rusty dunker not you with that comment

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

I grade this draft a D.

Yeah, sorry, I figured that too late. My mind was still aflux from the frustration I was feeling watching this draft unfold.

Online consesus gives the Pats a C- / D+ and I would think that was generous. I give it a solid D.

At least 8 teams will dramatically improve their starting lineups as a result of this draft.  We will not.  I don't think we've appreciably improved at all.  What a waste, after a brilliant trade getting another 2nd, 3rd and a 4th.   

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

maybe they can combine and trade the rest of their picks for the backup Rudgers safety!!

Collins, pick 52 was projected by DraftTech as the 52nd player picked = not an impact player, probably not a starter, no major impact to the team that I can see.

Ryan =  I'll withold judgement here, but I don't get it.  Were we looking for CB that could step in and help immediately or just add another body?

Harmon, our 3rd pick, is not even on the charts after 400 player projections (like Tavon wilson) = are you kidding me!!  Didn't we also pick a S with an EARLY second round last year and also sign a S FA??  So I guess Tavon WAS a wasted stupid second round pick like we all thought!

I bet three years from now they will say this was the worst manged Pats draft EVER!!! No team improvement that I can see.  Oh, I'm going to cringe when I se see players we could have had excel for other teams.  

Go Bruins!!  Go Red Sox.

Are you bipolar?

I just think he's a moron.  We have many pink hat morons who read mocks and blogs for months and then when BB doesn't match their mock or come close, this is what they do every year like clockwork.

Frankly, I love the base of our team and I look forward to how these pieces fit in moving on into future seasons.

BB gets pass rush and size at WR and for some, it's not still not good enough.

You think I'm a moron?  Ohh that really hurts my feelings.  and oh yeah, my mommy can beat uop your mommy!!  Grow up.  you immature, arrogant fool.  You know less about football and the Patriots than nohat.  lol

I know you're a moron. You're an NBA dork with a Bird avatar. That's for starters. You're also a front runner who doesn't post here.

Take your pink hat and get back to the suburbs, geek.

You should be more focused on why Ainge held onto Pierce and Garnett last offseason with no ROI now.   Gonna be a 1990s post Bias and Lewis all over again, toolbag.

Stick to basketball and Stern's bagjobs.

hahaha.  KingoffoolsandhisownBS.  You arrogant adobian.  Wonder why you're so dispised here?  Because you think you know it all, but you only make a fool out of yourself.  Try acting like an adult instead of a second grader with your name calling.  Go to the dating section. Sounds like you need some affection.  All you babbling on here was not only wrong, put pathetic. You know nothing about sports.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

I grade this draft a D.

Yeah, sorry, I figured that too late. My mind was still aflux from the frustration I was feeling watching this draft unfold.

Online consesus gives the Pats a C- / D+ and I would think that was generous. I give it a solid D.

At least 8 teams will dramatically improve their starting lineups as a result of this draft.  We will not.  I don't think we've appreciably improved at all.  What a waste, after a brilliant trade getting another 2nd, 3rd and a 4th.   

it does seem like a lot of the comments here are negative...well u still got rds 4-7

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Go Bruins!!  Go Red Sox.

It can't be the worst ever because next years will be worse. Since 2001 every draft has been the worst ever by any team. We should get a new owner for this team since he obviously doesn't know a thing about running a football team. He should have gotten rid of the entire coaching staff once BB benched Bledsoe. I mean really, they aren't any good and just lucked into winning the most games of any team over the last decade but they don't know how to draft any star players.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

I grade this draft a D.

I said that before the draft . Don't trade down for more average players, if anything trade up and get an impact player because the Patriots are solid and don't need depth as much as that one or two impact players to win now, while Brady is still here. Thats just my opinion and I could be completely wrong about it. 

Looking at their picks though it looks like they came away with good players that can help now. I don't care for their last pick though. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

I still don't think Mallet is going anywhere. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to the-redsox-rule's comment:

I still don't think Mallet is going anywhere. 

sure he is...to the sidelines, the bench and the clipboard rack just like his first two years

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to leatherhelmet's comment:

I HAVE NO CONFIDENCE IN THIS JOKER OF A QB THEY WASTED A PICK ON. THEY COULD HAVE TRADED UP AND DRAFTED AN IMPACT PLAYER....

probably not the best example to use leather

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

If we get Alabama DT Jesse Williams tomorrow, it will be a steal, like getting Dennard in the late rounds last year.  But wouldn't be surprised if he goes in the first or second pick of the 4th.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

If we get Alabama DT Jesse Williams tomorrow, it will be a steal, like getting Dennard in the late rounds last year.  But wouldn't be surprised if he goes in the first or second pick of the 4th.

I think that Harmon probably would have still been around by pick six of the 4th round. If they really wanted Williams I would think they would have used the last pick on him.

Sections
Shortcuts