Most Classic Non-Patriots Game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from millergrnv. Show millergrnv's posts

Most Classic Non-Patriots Game

Jan. 11, 2003, it was the 2002-2003 AFC Divisional Playoff game where it was the Pittsburgh Steelers vs. the Tennessee Titans at The Coliseum (as it was called at the time) in Nashville, Tennessee. When the rubber met the road, those two teams played hard-hitting football when they matched-up. In this game, for two teams that were about defense, the offenses outperformed the defenses as the starting quarterbacks, Tommy Maddox and Steve McNair, put on a performance that was great. The thing I remembered the most were the big plays that happened. I remeber the momentum was swinging like a pendulum in that game. It seemed like every play, a big play was about to happen. Then the ending to the game I remember the most as the game was tied 31 - 31 in overtime. Joe Nedney attempted a field goal, but the Steelers called a timeout and the fireworks operator had inadvertently set off the fireworks. Afterwards, Nedney attempted the kick and it was no good, but Dewayne Washington got called for running into the kicker. Nedney did a good job selling as if he got roughed up by Dewayne Washington. Nedney made the 2nd attempt to win the game 34 - 31, but not without controversy. I remember, before the second attempt, seeing Jason Gildon signal a timeout to an official and it was not granted and after the kick was good, Bill Cowher immediately stormed after Ron Blum and said something to him and headed towards the locker room afterwards. It was a great playoff game that had a crazy/great ending that I still remember it like it was yesterday. Anyone have a Classic Non-Patriots Game they remembered, let it be known.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

Re: Most Classic Non-Patriots Game

Good call Miller, that was a great game--me I'd have to go with the 1982 playoff game between the Chargers and Dolphins. I don't recall all the details but I seem to remember Kellen Winslow playing out of his mind. I think it came down to a field goal w/ the Chargers winning

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Have any of you seen replays of the legendary 1967 NFL Title game, between the Tom Landry led Dallas Cowboys and the Vince Lombardi led Green Bay Packers? The so-called "Ice Bowl", played in brutal sub-zero temperatures, had everything...great coaches, talented players, grit, drama, and weather conditions. Green Bay won, 21-17, in the closing seconds, on a Bart Starr 4th and a foot QB sneak: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Championship_Game,_1967

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

I was born in 68 so obviously I missed that one :), but my grandfather used to talk about it all the time--and I have seen it one of those classic replays, man you can just feel how cold it must of been...

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Bills vs Oilers in 93

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SouthSt. Show SouthSt's posts

Oakland over Miami in '74 playoff game . . . a lot of colorful names in that game

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Not the NFL....but it's pretty hard to forget BC vs Miami back in the 80's with the miracle throw by Flutie.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In Response to Re: Most Classic Non-Patriots Game:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Most Classic Non-Patriots Game : SB XXI
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

The game before SB XXI, in which the Giants, led by back-up QB Jeff Hostetler, upset the Montana led 49ers in San Francisco, 15-13...might have been even better: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1990_New_York_Giants_season; and
    http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012-01-17/news/30637314_1_jim-burt-giants-jeff-hostetler

10. This post has been removed.