Most Dangerous Teams Going Forward?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Most Dangerous Teams Going Forward?

I think there's still some debate about whether seeding actually results in a better chance of getting into superbowl or not. Anyone know?

The wins vs. the Steeler, Jets, and Bears were awesome...couldn't be happier, but come playoff time, the regular season record means nothing.

So, which teams are people most worried about?

IMHO, I still worry about the Colts. For some reason, they always make the games close - and they still have gotten more W's vs. us over the past several years.

The only "negative" thing about the wins vs. Jets, Steelers, and Bears - is that they are ranked 18, 15, and 24 in scoring. So, when we got ahead on scoring vs. teams that are very good defensively....they had to change their offensive strategies, and the deal was done.

Teams like Atlanta, New Orleans, and Green Bay have more balanced teams - so, it'll be interesting to see how the Patriots do going forward.

What team(s) worry people the most...and why?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: Most Dangerous Teams Going Forward?

Nobody in the AFC worries me that much. In the NFC, I'd say the Saints because they're well-coached and their passing attack could expose our secondary to a degree. We're not bad but if someone could give us trouble, it'd be New Orleans.

By the way, I never get why FANS need to be focused on the game at hand. It's the TEAM'S job to do that, NOT OUR JOB!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

In Response to Re: Most Dangerous Teams Going Forward?:
    [QUOTE] By the way, I never get why FANS need to be focused on the game at hand. It's the TEAM'S job to do that, NOT OUR JOB!
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

Well said!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

I think I'd say Ravens, saints and atlanta. Colts just arn't complete this year. But we get Spikes back for our first round game. I'll settle for nothing less then home field thru out! To me if looks like we will be 13-3 I think we'll either rest starters or they'll have nothing to lose and unleash a bunch of gadget plays. kind of like the wildcat. Buffalo away? I think Sporano and Parcells would rather beat Bill b then anyone.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]Nothing wrong with speculating, about things you have no control over. I am not a fan of other teams, so for me I dont care.
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]

I get it, no harm done bro. I notice a handful of other fans that rip others for starting a thread on a team or situation we're not even facing yet. I'd hate for the players to come out and talk about playoff seeding and potential opponents but as fans, this is OUR JOB: fuel the fire, speculate, plan ahead, look at the draft board, "scout", etc. If the fans were to follow the team's lead, think about how boring Monday through Saturday would be: "Brady dropped back for 20 passes, 19 of them complete. Gronk fumbled running through the cones. Fred Taylor was wearing red sweats on the sideline today versus the normal blue."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]Nobody in the AFC worries me that much. In the NFC, I'd say the Saints because they're well-coached and their passing attack could expose our secondary to a degree. We're not bad but if someone could give us trouble, it'd be New Orleans. By the way, I never get why FANS need to be focused on the game at hand. It's the TEAM'S job to do that, NOT OUR JOB!
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

The Saints sure doesn't leave warm and fuzzy feelings for me after our last outing with them...we looked like a high school team during that game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nemeses. Show Nemeses's posts

In the AFC no one. We have taken on the best of the AFC and beat them all. In the NFC Saints. They are as balanced as the PATS and getting into their own late season groove.
    I can't see us going anything less than 14-2. While no game is a given, I just don't see our remaining competition giving us any trouble. Before yesterday I felt the Packers would be our only real test the rest of the way, but watching what the Lions did to them and with Rogers quite posible out with the concussion, no contest... I suppose some will say I suffer from Pride or arrogance... maybe, I think its the unshakable confidence we all (should) have in Belichick and Brady.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Pats beat anyone as long as they play their style of ball and remain healthy (reasonably anyway).
    My teams that concern me as far as tough teams are (in no particular order) Atlanta, Pittsburgh, Baltimore and New Orleans.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]I think I'd say Ravens, saints and atlanta. Colts just arn't complete this year. But we get Spikes back for our first round game. I'll settle for nothing less then home field thru out! To me if looks like we will be 13-3 I think we'll either rest starters or they'll have nothing to lose and unleash a bunch of gadget plays. kind of like the wildcat. Buffalo away? I think Sporano and Parcells would rather beat Bill b then anyone.
    Posted by Philskiw[/QUOTE]

The Ravens still have a solid D.  I'm hoping the Colts don't make it into the playoffs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RANDIBUS81. Show RANDIBUS81's posts

1) Saints....they made us like bad last year.
    2) Eagles.  Mick vick and Jackson are playing great.
    3) Falcons. 
    4) Giants... dont want to have to lose to them again in the super bowl.
    5) Ravens. could upset us again.
    6) Colts
    7)Steelers.

I think that for us to beat us they have to score more points then us.
    Only a few teams pose a threat.  Any given sunday.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

I'm always worried about the next game. Hopefully, though, it will be the Falcons.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

No offense, but I hate it when people say "we".  Unless you play for the team, say "the Pats".  Green Bay isnt as balanced as they were earlier in the season.  They have abandoned the run game all together.  I would be more afraid of the Eagles, as they have speed everywhere you look on offense.  On the flip side, the Eagles have alot of injuries to their LB's and secondary, and that smells like tight end seam routes all day long.  I think even with the Pats suspect D (although it gets better every week) I still think the Pats are by far the best team heading into the tournament.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]In the AFC no one. We have taken on the best of the AFC and beat them all. In the NFC Saints. They are as balanced as the PATS and getting into their own late season groove. I can't see us going anything less than 14-2. While no game is a given, I just don't see our remaining competition giving us any trouble. Before yesterday I felt the Packers would be our only real test the rest of the way, but watching what the Lions did to them and with Rogers quite posible out with the concussion, no contest... I suppose some will say I suffer from Pride or arrogance... maybe, I think its the unshakable confidence we all (should) have in Belichick and Brady.
    Posted by Nemeses[/QUOTE]

We may have beaten several good teams in the AFC, but in the NFL, it's gets tougher and tougher to beat the same team twice in the same season.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nemeses. Show Nemeses's posts

I think I have every right to say we. The Patriots dont exist without Us. If we dont buy the tickets and the merchandise they dont make money. No money, no players. We as the fan base have every right to revel in these/our Patriots for without us they don't exist. Those championships belong to us as much as they do the Patriots. Hell if were just on the outside looking in then why would we spend so much time talkng about OUR Patriots. This is my TEAM.

[QUOTE]No offense, but I hate it when people say "we".  Unless you play for the team, say "the Pats".  Green Bay isnt as balanced as they were earlier in the season.  They have abandoned the run game all together.  I would be more afraid of the Eagles, as they have speed everywhere you look on offense.  On the flip side, the Eagles have alot of injuries to their LB's and secondary, and that smells like tight end seam routes all day long.  I think even with the Pats suspect D (although it gets better every week) I still think the Pats are by far the best team heading into the tournament.
    Posted by slicksteve38[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]I think I have every right to say we. The Patriots dont exist without Us. If we dont buy the tickets and the merchandise they dont make money. No money, no players. We as the fan base have every right to revel in these/our Patriots for without us they don't exist. Those championships belong to us as much as they do the Patriots. Hell if were just on the outside looking in then why would we spend so much time talkng about OUR Patriots. This is my TEAM. In Response to Re: Most Dangerous Teams Going Forward? :
    Posted by Nemeses[/QUOTE]

Bingo.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

i agree the eagles are hot now and the falcons and the saints round out the nfc... whom ever the 4th team is is irrelevant...

the afc... the ravens cant score and their D aint what it once was... gomer has been exposed but they could make it in and you would have to take them seriously... the squealers will be there...but just cant seem to get out of their own way... and it looks like the chargers and the kc are contenders... though cassel just had an emergency surgery which could derail them...

on a side not... raiders could recover this week against denver other wise I figure we would have been anywhere from 9-15...

lets pound the slackers first as we only need two of three to secure 1 st throughout... a win this week and a jest loss secures division

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I ultimately expect San Dago and (probably) Indianapolis to make the playoffs, and while they might be potential trouble, I would like the Pats chances at home in the middle of January. If there's a team in the AFC I'm worried about -- and I'm not sure there is -- it's Baltimore. The Ravens seem to match up well and will have no fear of coming into Foxboro in the post-season.

I don't really see a lot of trouble in the NFC, unless the Saints come into Baltimore next weekend and show me something. Atlanta looks solid, but the Falcons simply haven't "wowed" me, and I think the Eagles can be contained (to a degree) by a disciplined defense. No one else in the other conference scares me at all.

As to the "we" thing . . .   I kind of like it. I mean, the fans are ultimately the engine that drives the league, aren't they? Without us, there wouldn't be any need for the teams. We're the ones who buy the product; we're the ones who choose our colors; we're the ones who actually go out oon Sunday and scream ourselves hoarse.

Why not "we?"

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

We (you and I) are responsible for voting in our politicians as well, but we dont sit there and say "we" when speaking about our congressmen/women.  Without us, there wouldnt be people in congress, etc.
    Also, we as fans are only responsible for keeping the Pats here in New England.  If we stopped going to games, the team would move on to another city.  I am as big a Boston sports fan as anyone, I just have a hard time hearing people include themselves in the decisions of the team.
    I agree WE are the ones who choose the colors, WE are the ones who buy the product, but WE arent the ones who throw the nut around, and WE arent the ones who make the tackles in the snow, etc.  We weren't good enough to make it past high school ball (or some of us college), lets not live our lives vicariously through the players, it makes us look ignorant as fans.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]We (you and I) are responsible for voting in our politicians as well, but we dont sit there and say "we" when speaking about our congressmen/women.  Without us, there wouldnt be people in congress, etc. Also, we as fans are only responsible for keeping the Pats here in New England.  If we stopped going to games, the team would move on to another city.  I am as big a Boston sports fan as anyone, I just have a hard time hearing people include themselves in the decisions of the team. I agree WE are the ones who choose the colors, WE are the ones who buy the product, but WE arent the ones who throw the nut around, and WE arent the ones who make the tackles in the snow, etc.  We weren't good enough to make it past high school ball (or some of us college), lets not live our lives vicariously through the players, it makes us look ignorant as fans.
    Posted by slicksteve38[/QUOTE]

This might be the single most retarded analogy I've ever seen on this forum . . .   and that is going a fair country distance.

Politicians are voted in by whatever majority they can manage to beg borrow or steal, out of the people who even bother to vote, and then foist upon those who didn't vote for them whether they like it or not. And even beyond all that, the owner of the franchise, himself, includes the fans as an extension of his organization . . .   or maybe you don't remember " . . . tonight, we are all Patriots." Hell, that night, it wasn't just us he was talking about . . .  it was everybody.

I figure if it's good enough for Robert Kraft, I guess it's good enough for me.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

honestly the bills game worries more than anyother game going forward

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

I suppose the Bills might be a spoiler depending on whether a first round bye and home field position throughout the playoffs is in the picture or not.

I'm hoping the dolphins come to town and play in a snowstorm

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Nobody in the AFC, we've beat all the competition, and they have to come through new england. the only team that worries me is the saints who are  hot right now. we'll see what happens when the saints play the falcons in week 17.

i don't see the bolts or dolts making the playoffs

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

A team with a defense like the 07 super bowl Giants would worry me, but I don't see any team playing like that right now. Other than that, teams with an elite passing game could give us a run, like the Colts, Chargers or Saints.

The Patriots are our team.

Sections
Shortcuts