Most Dangerous Teams Going Forward?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

Re: Most Dangerous Teams Going Forward?

the only teams that scare me going forward are:

san diego.  ya we beat them, and ya they would most likely have to come to chilly foxboro, but there is alot of fire power on that team.  i know our d has been playing excellent football recently, but not against great offensive teams like the chargers are when they get rolling.

baltimore.  somebody said it already but they arent afraid to come and play us at home.  this is a tough team with a chip, and playing us at home they would still be very confident. we barely pulled out this game earlier this season

philly.  so much speed on that team, and vick is playing like a vet qb when making his decisions, but can still kill you with his legs

that being said, if brady can continue to play out of his mind, noones stopping this team.  if the d can keep it up, even better.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

The Colts, if they make it they are a concern. We don't match-up well with the Bolts either. At foxboro no one really scares me. In the NFC the Falcons concern me with Turner, White and Ryan, I think that would be trouble. Saints; the seem to have started rolling; if the defense starts forcing turnovers the rest of the NFC better look out. Vick could pose problems, however, he's a better storyline than QB.....and Brady would dissect Reid's defense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

If the Raiders made the playoffs I would not want to play them. Some of it is history: there is too much bad blood between the teams, including with the Daryl Stingley hit that crippled him, to Howie Long pummelling Pat Sullivan the former owner's son, and culminating in our victory in the Snow bowl which propelled us to our first Super bowl win. Currently, I just don't like the way the Raiders are playing with 1 week hot and 1 week ice cold. What if we got them when they were hot? Sure, they would have to be lucky but I don't trust it...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: Most Dangerous Teams Going Forward?:
    [QUOTE]A team with a defense like the 07 super bowl Giants would worry me, but I don't see any team playing like that right now. Other than that, teams with an elite passing game could give us a run, like the Colts, Chargers or Saints. The Patriots are our team.
    Posted by digger0862[/QUOTE]

i believe bb and tb will be ready for something like that next time around.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

"I think I have every right to say we. The Patriots dont exist without Us."

I've lived outside of Boston long enough to know that people who say "we" are from Boston (or the NorthEast), people who aren't from Boston don't say "we" and notice it when we do, especially California. I'd be suspicious of someone who claims to be a Boston fan and doesn't say "we'.  I doubt they are genuine.  No, better said, I know they are not the real deal.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

[QUOTE]I think I have every right to say we. The Patriots dont exist without Us. If we dont buy the tickets and the merchandise they dont make money. No money, no players. We as the fan base have every right to revel in these/our Patriots for without us they don't exist. Those championships belong to us as much as they do the Patriots. Hell if were just on the outside looking in then why would we spend so much time talkng about OUR Patriots. This is my TEAM. In Response to Re: Most Dangerous Teams Going Forward? :
    Posted by Nemeses[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I never quite get when people bring up the argument that fans aren't allowed to use the term "we," when talking about the teams people are fans of. If there were no fans, there would be no sports so yes, techinically "we" are a part of the patriots franchise. If we don't buy the tickets, the jerseys, food, beer, etc then there is no game. Look at the broader picture before you make an ignorant statement.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

For your Pats? The most dangerous team? Without question, The Bolts.
    Shoot The Chargers only played 1 quarter against your lovables & still almost won; just play a solid game and its a done deal. I'll get a flight out there for this one. Knock the ex-paTS OUT IN KC, then, the current pats in post season. Maybe the Jest & Indy too. Keep thinkin we're out of it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]i believe bb and tb will be ready for something like that next time around.
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]
    I would have to agree with you. I love how our o-line is playing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

[QUOTE]For your Pats? The most dangerous team? Without question, The Bolts. Shoot The Chargers only played 1 quarter against your lovables & still almost won; just play a solid game and its a done deal. I'll get a flight out there for this one. Knock the ex-paTS OUT IN KC, then, the current pats in post season. Maybe the Jest & Indy too. Keep thinkin we're out of it.
    Posted by jbolted[/QUOTE]
    Bring it, we have beaten better teams. Our offense and defense have clearly become much better and look at your team what sign of consistency have you shown. You guys need to just worry about getting in the playoffs. Personally, the Ravens always give us trouble and who I worry about the most.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]For your Pats? The most dangerous team? Without question, The Bolts. Shoot The Chargers only played 1 quarter against your lovables & still almost won; just play a solid game and its a done deal. I'll get a flight out there for this one. Knock the ex-paTS OUT IN KC, then, the current pats in post season. Maybe the Jest & Indy too. Keep thinkin we're out of it.

it's been a while since u've visited us

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

hello J-Bolt, long time no see. I agree your Chargers are doing their anual seasonal revocery in the nick of time. But they have not done it yet. You can't just dismiss KC. they have something to play for this year.
    The difference between "our" teams is your playing your 4th quarter and "we're" playing pre-season again.

2 for the record. As a loyal pats fan I would have pummeled Pat Sullivann just as a fan let alone being Howie Long.

I said "we" when *choke* Tony Easton was the QB.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickforPresident. Show BelichickforPresident's posts

If the Patriots stay healthy (I guess I can't say "we" because I now live in Florida) --
    Ravens don't scare me.  Pittsburgh . . . meh.
    Colts and Dolts a bit (the Bolts are bigger dolts in my book . . . any team that consistently shoots itself in the foot . . .).
    Mostly Eagles and Saints.
    Eagles you can shut down for most of the game but a few big plays could kill you.  Saints might just be able to dink and dunk and draw themselves near parity, then a ball bouncing the wrong way turnover or two . . . and they are well coached.
    For a team to have a strong chance at beating the Patriots, I would say they need to be able to rush four and get pressure on Brady, and to pass the ball very well.  Oh, and a clever coach to scheme against our air attack is a near necessity.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nemeses. Show Nemeses's posts

No, I dont pay my representatives to run for office I vote for them based on where they stand on the issues and if their values match up with mine. But, I do give the team owners and players their salaries. Again, without us the paying fans there is no NFL. We arn't just talking the PATS we are talking about every single sports venue worldwide. We are the chairmen of the board. If we do not give them the funds they need there is no league and Robert Kraft is making his money doing something else. Probably not as much and certainly not as fun. 

Show me one sports/entertainment league any where in the world that can thrive without a fan base soccer, baseball, football, basketball, hockey, wrestling lol, etc... Without the fans coughing up their hard earned dough there are no sports leagues, period. This post was about most dangerous teams going forward and for me I see no one beating OUR Patriots the rest of the season nor thru the playoffs but, any team can win on anygiven sunday. So while I'm not crowning the Patriots just yet I love our chances.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

No defense is going to stop the pats offense.  The oline is playing exceptionally well right now.  Opening holes for the RB's and giving Brady time to find open receivers.  So, the question here is is there any team that can slow the pats down just a bit.  Maybe the chargers.  the steelers. 

On the other side of the ball, is there an offense with enough weapons to exploit the pats D.  Chargers, Indy, Pitt, Balt, Hou.  Houston won't make the playoffs, Indy might not (besides, their attack is the least balanced in the NFL).  That leaves 3. 

The 2 teams that could challenge the pats are SD and Pitt.  I believe SD makes the playoffs.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

Posted by jbolted[/QUOTE]Haha...hey we're talking about the Superbowl here....if the NFL decides to create a Dysfunction bowl, the Bolts would certainly host it....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

In reading a lot of the offerings (e.g. New Orleans, Philly, etc...) it became quite obvious that the Pats have not seen any of these treams this year...nor they the Pats.  So, how does this play out?  Advantage for the Pats?  Methinks.  Personally, I believe that the teams with the best shot against the Pats are the ones that play them frequently.  Consider that the NYG might not have taken the Pats in teh SB had they not seen them earlier at the end of the season.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Most Dangerous Teams Going Forward? : Do you come out and chirp like SD is the greatest team ever after every win? Where were you running your mouth when Oakland stomped them. Hey congrats, JBolt, you beat a team that was starting a qb who has never won a game. EVER. Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE]
    this is a good point

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

You ARE out of it come play off time as long as Norv Turner is coaching the team JBolted - The San Diego Chargers are the West Coast version of the Jets - all talk and all hype but 2 handed chokers come play off time

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

[QUOTE]No defense is going to stop the pats offense.  The oline is playing exceptionally well right now.  Opening holes for the RB's and giving Brady time to find open receivers.  So, the question here is is there any team that can slow the pats down just a bit.  Maybe the chargers.  the steelers.  On the other side of the ball, is there an offense with enough weapons to exploit the pats D.  Chargers, Indy, Pitt, Balt, Hou.  Houston won't make the playoffs, Indy might not (besides, their attack is the least balanced in the NFL).  That leaves 3.  The 2 teams that could challenge the pats are SD and Pitt.  I believe SD makes the playoffs.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Wow - for once I almost completely agree with you UD - the Pats have scored at will against 5 of the top 10 ranked D's in the league, including pasting the Steelers, Bears on the road, and the Jets at home - it's hard to see any team shutting the Patriots down at this point

How you would beat the Pats is getting into a track meet with them - not many teams can do it in the AFC - really the only 2 teams that have any playoff hopes that can score with the Pats are the Colts and the Chargers - yes UD, your team scares me for the Pats - I am hoping the Jags can beat you guys this week

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I am well aware that the colts have the offense to challenge the pats, but the pats are playing so much better right now.  The colts - not so much.  I am starting to believe that Addai won't be back.  Collie may not be back.  Thankfully, Garcon has gotten the picture since being trashed locally and nationally for his play over the first 10-11 games. 

Just don't know if it will be enough. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

I worry about

1) The Packers

2) The Dolphins

3) The Bills

Take one game at a time....it isn't the time for the Pats to have a game like they did against the browns. They have to continue to ride momentum and not let their guard down. If we only worry about week to week, we will be there at the Super Bowl.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Pittsburgh at the title game in Foxboro.  Nobody else in the AFC is close to their strength.

Jets, only if you happen to be going forward while out of bounds.  Watch them stumble into another 9-7 tiebreaker miracle.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]No defense is going to stop the pats offense.  The oline is playing exceptionally well right now.  Opening holes for the RB's and giving Brady time to find open receivers.  So, the question here is is there any team that can slow the pats down just a bit.  Maybe the chargers.  the steelers.  On the other side of the ball, is there an offense with enough weapons to exploit the pats D.  Chargers, Indy, Pitt, Balt, Hou.  Houston won't make the playoffs, Indy might not (besides, their attack is the least balanced in the NFL).  That leaves 3.  The 2 teams that could challenge the pats are SD and Pitt.  I believe SD makes the playoffs.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

if colts make playoffs...and meet Pats....I'd be worried about the Colts.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Most Dangerous Teams Going Forward? : Wow - for once I almost completely agree with you UD - the Pats have scored at will against 5 of the top 10 ranked D's in the league, including pasting the Steelers, Bears on the road, and the Jets at home - it's hard to see any team shutting the Patriots down at this point How you would beat the Pats is getting into a track meet with them - not many teams can do it in the AFC - really the only 2 teams that have any playoff hopes that can score with the Pats are the Colts and the Chargers - yes UD, your team scares me for the Pats - I am hoping the Jags can beat you guys this week
    Posted by qball369[/QUOTE]

Well, if any team rises to the occassion and actually pressures brady enough to throw him off his game (like the giants game), then teams have a chance against us.  The ones that would worry me are those teams with a good pass rush.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Most Dangerous Teams Going Forward? : Well, if any team rises to the occassion and actually pressures brady enough to throw him off his game (like the giants game), then teams have a chance against us.  The ones that would worry me are those teams with a good pass rush.
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

The big mistake the Pats made against the Giants in the Super Bowl is they came in with a plan to force the ball down the field, which resulted in Brady holding the ball too long - the Pats did not make the proper in game adjustment - the way the Pats are running their offense now the ball is coming out quicker - hence less opportunity for heavy pressure - 2 other things, Brady's mobility in that game was extremely limited due to a serious foot injury, and the Pats lacked a viable running game -

I think the thing I have been most impressed with in the streak is how well they have been able to run against the very best run defenses in the league - that element was missing in the 2nd half of 2007 after Sammy Morris got hurt - I really think the reason why their offense is humming so well right now is their balance - they are unpredictable