Most feared superbowl rival.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

Most feared superbowl rival.

I know its a little premature and I don't wanna jinx anything (I don't believe in that BS and neither should you) but which team do you think gives you the most fits.

Giants - Can run down the middle, can put pressure with front 4 and blitz through middle like last time.

Eagles - Vick, are our DBs fast enough to contain him (especially due to the fact they have so many options qb run, run play with McCoy, Play action, Vertical Threat)?

Falcons - Very good overall team.

Saints - 4 WR sets can kill us and their defense is better than ours.

I pick Saints.
    Because giants are mistake riddled, falcons don't scare me and someone will stop mike vick and if they don't!!!! oh oh.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Re: Most feared superbowl rival.

I'd pick the saints as well. They are proven and the Pats struggle vs the pass.

Almost every probable NFC playoff team scares me...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

They all scare me equally besides the Falcons.  For some reason I think we have the best chance against them, but obviously it would still be a tough game.   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Just going by my numbers, the Packers.  They get credit for taking on the #1 team in the NFL, in an away game, and playing tough.  This with Aaron Rodgers on the sidelines.  They're #2 in my new power rankings at 12.3 victories out of 16 if the season restarted anew tomorrow.

Philly is right behind them at 12.0, and then Atlanta at 11.6 is #5.  The curious #4 is San Diego for showing San Francisco a 31-0 score early in the fourth quarter.  Granted SF is not good but at least they were playing for a divison title.  SD was number 8 last week.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

I so wish we had bodden back

When he went on IR I was so down on the season.
    But McCourty has saved our @sses.

so much of our success depends on our offense running the ball and short passes, I think on a good day we can beat em all. 

Saints and eagles will be intresting

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Every team that will make the playoffs has the potential to defeat the Patriots.  Each team pointed out by akius has there strong suits which can be used against a weakness in the Pats.  They are not unbeatable.  The fear we have is one where we do not want to see the Pats have a bad game against a REAL good team and, thereby, lose.  All these teams can be "feared" in that regard.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: Most feared superbowl rival.:
    [QUOTE]Every team that will make the playoffs has the potential to defeat the Patriots.  Each team pointed out by akius has there strong suits which can be used against a weakness in the Pats.  They are not unbeatable.  The fear we have is one where we do not want to see the Pats have a bad game against a REAL good team and, thereby, lose.  All these teams can be "feared" in that regard.
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

Right, but the question asks, which team most stands out to you. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Most feared superbowl rival. : Right, but the question asks, which team most stands out to you. 
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

Actually, NONE!!  Not a single team in the playoff hunt has shown any sort of "domination" over other highly rated teams to make them a feared team when they play the Pats.  Only the Pats, to date, have played games in which they dominated supposed better teams when they played.. Steelers, Colts, Jets Bears.  The Chargers have dominated bad teams mostly to date. I'd like to see them play a good team in the elements, not in SD or a dome, before I pass judgement on them.  Atlanta are the Colts of the NFC, look darned good in a dome and good weather. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leonard15. Show Leonard15's posts

[QUOTE]They all scare me equally besides the Falcons.  For some reason I think we have the best chance against them, but obviously it would still be a tough game.   
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

Yes bring on the Falcons as they are not as potent as the other NFC teams and the Pats can have success with their defense and hence Matt Ryan won't be able to keep up with Brady.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jazzpelli. Show jazzpelli's posts

I would actually be more worried about the Packers with Rodgers than any of the four mentioned.

Eli would play right into our defenses hands and could easily be flustered and our offenses is better prepared to handle their D.  Eagles game would be a shootout and the Pats definitely have more ammo and the better D.  Falcons are the most well-rounded but the Pats O is so much better.  Saints, see the Eagles argument.

Packers' D held NE to 40% 3rd down conversion and their D really matches up well with our O so it would definitely be another close one.  Their main problem is that they are really inconsistent but on their good days, they are a solid team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Most feared superbowl rival. : Actually, NONE!!  Not a single team in the playoff hunt has shown any sort of "domination" over other highly rated teams to make them a feared team when they play the Pats.  Only the Pats, to date, have played games in which they dominated supposed better teams when they played.. Steelers, Colts, Jets Bears.  The Chargers have dominated bad teams mostly to date. I'd like to see them play a good team in the elements, not in SD or a dome, before I pass judgement on them.  Atlanta are the Colts of the NFC, look darned good in a dome and good weather. 

Domination????.... this is the sport of any given Sunday....  This is not about domination, but match ups.  I mean 07; taught us domination does not matter.  What I see is that I'm not too sure we have an answer to Vick, Giants d-line, Saints passing attack... but I do think we match up well against Atlanta. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Most feared superbowl rival. : Domination????.... this is the sport of any given Sunday....  This is not about domination, but match ups.  I mean 07; taught us domination does not matter.  What I see is that I'm not too sure we have an answer to Vick, Giants d-line, Saints passing attack... but I do think we match up well against Atlanta. 
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]
    But didn't everyone say the Jets and Bears "matched up" with the Pats and the sort of D these two teams played could give the Pats fits?

Domination may be a bad word to use here.. how about..  "defeat convincingly"?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Most feared superbowl rival. : But didn't everyone say the Jets and Bears "matched up" with the Pats and the sort of D these two teams played could give the Pats fits? Domination may be a bad word to use here.. how about..  "defeat convincingly"?

I see what you saying here as there is no one team that is expected to just blow out another team.  My thing is I'd rather not have to see the aforementioned teams above, but would not be as 'timid' about seeing the Falcons.  Once again thats just me.  But I feel you, we look good enough to take anyone out. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

The only team i'm concerned about now is Atlanta. they have quietly got to the head of the class of the NFC. could it be an easy schedule maybe.

but the eagles and jints showed us yesterday neither is a dominant, i can beat by half time team. the saints will get beat as a wildcard if they have to travel east and outside

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I'd be most worried about the Saints precision passing game, although I don't think the Saints have the defense or the running game to go on the road and win in the playoffs. Philly is a big-play offense that can be contained if you keep it in front of you. I'd worry about the Blue New Jersey running game, but little brother is a turnover machine, and the Jints clearly cannot finish. Atlanta is an enigma. They look solid and balanced . . .   and yet, they do not scare me. The Bears are nothing. I'd be interested to see what a rematch with Green Bay might bring, with a healthier D-line for the Pats and Rodgers under center for the Pack.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Our offence playing in a domed stadium....Me thinks the NFC representative should be kraping their pants.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

[QUOTE]I would actually be more worried about the Packers with Rodgers than any of the four mentioned......
    Posted by jazzpelli[/QUOTE]

I like what you are saying but I don't see packers making it in.
    New York Giants    9-5 (will beat the Redskins.)
    Saints    10-4 (they'll beat TB atleast)

Packers Vs Giants will decide it, can't believe I'm going to be rooting for the Giants.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

p-mike           I hear ya on the GB rematch. Would the Packers have tried to find a run game if Rodgers was under center?  That might have given them a new outlook as a team. I'm more eye test over stats and their D looked #1 to me in pressure and coverage.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Only the Saints on your list. The Chargers scare me in the AFC, but if they don't make the Playoffs the Pats are going to the Superbowl. We'll get the Jets and the winner between the Colt/Ravens and Steelers. Either way, we own all four teams. =D 

Sections
Shortcuts