Most injured teams least likely to win and how the Pats have stacked up

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

Most injured teams least likely to win and how the Pats have stacked up

http://www.nfl.com/injuries?team=NE

The link above shows NE injuries throughout the season and its pretty amazing there was a product at all. What would this team have done if guys were healthy? I've been wondering this same question since 2004 when they lost their ability to plug in guys and win.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/columnists/rgosselin/stories/010709dnspogosselin.34d3911.html

This link is for a Dallas writer who tracked injuries and related it to team success. To quote him, "Seven of the last 10 Super Bowl winners ranked among the 10 healthiest teams in their championship seasons." unfortunately the article is a year old and I wish he would redo it but its obvious the Pats have been way above average for players injured and games missed.

"The 2007 NFL champion New York Giants were the fourth-healthiest team in the NFL in 2007, losing only 22 starts because of injury. This season, eight of the 10 healthiest teams in the NFL qualified for the playoffs, including division winners Arizona, Carolina, Miami, Minnesota, San Diego and Tennessee."

To be healthy is to win or is it? "
    The 2003 New England Patriots overcame 87 games lost by starters to capture the Lombardi Trophy." We know the Pats are the greatest so this stat just confirms it.

Obviously the Pats can't overcome injuries every year. I would argue with that young and some would say talentless bench they have they can't afford any injuries at all. Still what would next year be like if guys could stay healthy?

Statistics are on the side of the healthiest teams winning the SB so can the Pats keep it together in 2010?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

Re: Most injured teams least likely to win and how the Pats have stacked up

maybe they have more injuries because the roster is older

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

It's not just about overall team health, it's a matter of having you key players remaining healthy for the season.  No Brady equals no playoffs.  If Moss goes down, don't expect the passing game to be nearly as effective.

The Pats should load up on the offensive side of the ball with good young talent.  It's easier to fill the holes on the defensive side of the ball then it is on the offense.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

According to Football Outsiders.com the colts were the second most injured team in the NFL this year.

NE ranked 22nd this year. 

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2010/2009-adjusted-games-lost-totals

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

In Response to Re: Most injured teams least likely to win and how the Pats have stacked up:
    According to Football Outsiders.com the colts were the second most injured team in the NFL this year. NE ranked 22nd this year.  http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2010/2009-adjusted-games-lost-totals
    Posted by underdoggg

Who Cares

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

My question would be........How do we fix the injury problem?  We are obviously doing something wrong somewhere.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I thought they were relatively healthy this year, with disapointing results. They lost Mayo for a stretch, Wilfork had an ankle injury, of course Welker at the end killed them and Moss was playing with something all year, but I've seen alot worse. The Colts lost just about their entire starting defensive backfield and defensive leader in Sanders. They also lost their starting wideout for the year early (Gonzalez). And we have had seasons like that in the past and won the Super Bowl. This team this year we had wasn't very deap and the leaders were missing. Imagine what would have happend if we lost alot of guys for the year? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

It seems like the last year we stayed relatively healthy was the last time we won the Superbowl. I know injuries are part of the game but we're due for a season with some good luck.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Most injured teams least likely to win and how the Pats have stacked up:
    My question would be........How do we fix the injury problem?  We are obviously doing something wrong somewhere.
    Posted by Tcal2

This has been an on going problem and may just be a coincidence but it seems to have started when Weis and Crennel left. From 2000 to 2004 we never had any serious injury woes. I personaly keep wondering if it's the way they practice.How can you have this kind of bad luck every year? Remember when Randal Gay played for us. He couldn't make a tackle without getting carted off the field. Maybe we're hexed. I wish they'd start Juicing if they're not already.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

In Response to Re: Most injured teams least likely to win and how the Pats have stacked up : This has been an on going problem and may just be a coincidence but it seems to have started when Weis and Crennel left. From 2000 to 2004 we never had any serious injury woes. I personaly keep wondering if it's the way they practice.How can you have this kind of bad luck every year? Remember when Randal Gay played for us. He couldn't make a tackle without getting carted off the field. Maybe we're hexed. I wish they'd start Juicing if they're not already.
    Posted by ewhite1065

e, I was thinking of using the same pic for my avatar lol.  It seemed that there was a span of a few years where DB would drop like fly's.........and yes.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Most injured teams least likely to win and how the Pats have stacked up : e, I was thinking of using the same pic for my avatar lol.  It seemed that there was a span of a few years where DB would drop like fly's.........and yes.
    Posted by Tcal2

Classic cult movie and the most memorable part..I can't believe it came out 31 years ago.

Sections
Shortcuts