Most likely upset in wildcard round?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Re: Most likely upset in wildcard round?

I live in houston and have been listening to sports talk radio all week. Folks here are already talking about a pats/texans rematch. Meaning, they don't think Cincy is going to pose much of a threat to the texans. They are however completely terrified of facing the pats again, especially in NE. I think the pats match up well with the texans, and to be honest, this is who I want to play. I don't think we will see a similar score as last go around, but I do think the pats will win.                                               

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Jets, if anything, you are nothing but a rock of consistency to slam the Pats and their fans!

As for this discussion, I see the Colts winning in Baltimore as the most likely upset.  Seattle V Washington is simply a coin toss as a win by either team is not a big surprise. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The only favorite that will lose will be the Texans. 

Baltimore, GB and Seattle will win.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Bengals over Texans

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

Call me crazy but I think the Vikes can give GB a good game and with a couple breaks potentially pull the upset.

Of course Rodgers shredding them wouldn't be shocking since he does that to a lot of teams, but the Vikings can generate decent pressure without blitzing. If they can get in his face and put some hits on him early it could be interesting.

Haven't looked at the weather forecast but cold and wind could minimize the passing game somewhat and the Vikings are better at both running the ball and on defense.

Take away two brutal throws by Ponder in the first meeting and the Vikes would probably be 2-0 against GB.

Also zero pressure on Minny as no one expected them to be in the playoffs and no one is picking them to win.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Man, Bengals over Texans is a popular pick.  I can see why when you look at how both teams played down the stretch.  I'm stickin' with Houston to pull this one out, though.  I'll say that the only road team to win this weekend will be SEA.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to Jets' comment:
    [QUOTE]

NE got lucky against Houston

[/QUOTE]

They definitely had things bounce the Patriots' way during that game. If they meet again, I would expect a much closer game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

i'd like to see bengals oust houston in first round.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

By the Vegas book, Seattle is favored.  So, that's not an upset.  My own numbers call it a pick-em.

Houston/Cincy is moderately close.  Houston lost a couple of key players, they've been losing more games lately and they might be soured on the idea of themselves selling out their bye week so cheaply.  Their defensive front consists of J.J. Watt, J.J. Watt, more J.J. Watt and air.  Mercilus in particular is playing like he's pretty badly injured.   I have Houston by only 1.9 points and my gut feeling about my numbers is that I should trim a couple of points off of that, down to a pick-em game.  As a rule, gamblers go with long-time winners and ignore capable upstarts who haven't won games early in the season or in the last three years.  If I were to lean on any game it might be a little toward Cincinnati.

Baltimore/Indy isn't close because Indy has been such a bad team all year.  My numbers predict a 9.4 point beatdown.  That said, Baltimore lately (1-4!) has been playing like a really, really old team, not healing up that fast, and Indy is on a growth spurt with a tiny bit of confidence.  Then there's that long-time winners rule posted above.  On the other hand, Indy's QB hasn't been to the playoffs and rookies don't do well in the playoffs.  They get distracted by the hoopla sometimes.  In the end my gut feeling is to drop to maybe a 7.5 point margin for Baltimore, but this game has lots of wildcards so an Indy win is possible. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

For me none of the WildCard teams will win.  Maybe, only maybe Seattle .

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Paul_K..  WHICH Baltimore team shows up?  That is the question.  I do not understand your statement about Indy being a "bad team all year"?  11 - 5 is not a bad team all year!!  I think the Ravens may be counting on too much the "Lewis" factor and their thinking they can simply turn it on to win.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to palookaski's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to krismk's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm guessing the most likely upset is the NY media market..who don't have a dog in the fight, but will no doubt pontificate about the best football teams, and what makes them successful.

[/QUOTE]

I like your humor .... ;)
    and both playing in New Joisy, sharing an expensive turf where the Jets always cover up the Giants SB banners. Tebow stays in NY with Big Blue, becomes a star HB/FB

Rooting for the Colts and Skins this week ....

[/QUOTE]

well if Giants had Tebow at least they would try to use him somehow...jets just let the poor guy rot on the sidelines

[/QUOTE]

I doubt the Giants would use Tebow much more than the Jets did. Eli is a better QB than Sanchez

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kildog. Show kildog's posts

Shanahan is the diffference in the Seattle - Skins game.   He has a knack for game planning in the playoffs.  May have a few surprises defensively for Seattle......and RG3 might just pull it off.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

My "most likely upset pick" this weekend is Cincy.

Two Teams headed in different directions.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In response to Jets' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey CC- I'll bet that every one of your picks is wrong!Minny-wins-Indy wins-Washington wins and Houston wins.

Then the pats will play-hopefully get to the SB and then lose ...again .Then the comparisons to the Bills of the 90's will begin.TRADE BRADY and FIRE BB will be the title to many threads and thank goodness no more Man Love threads about Brady.

I'm giddy!

[/QUOTE]

Aw, that is precious. Maybe Rex will make that into a tattoo.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

^ - Jets dreams about his team even remotely having the history the Pats have had these last 12 years and if they did, he'd be bragging to high heaven about it regardless of how many SBs his team won or lost in the last decade.  But, since the Pats are the team with that successful streak, he uses it as a negative to slam the franchise and their QB.  Jealousy runs the mind/mouth. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

My upset special is Washington.  Home dog is always a team with a good chance.  Plus you have the psychology going on... Namely that Seattle has been fluffed up by media and favored by Vegas...

Also, Shanahan gets edge in craftiness over college guy. 

Lastly, Washington will get ALL the controversial calls for numerous reasons (Sherman and payback for GB game)...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobo354. Show bobo354's posts

In response to Jets's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey CC- I'll bet that every one of your picks is wrong!Minny-wins-Indy wins-Washington wins and Houston wins.

Then the pats will play-hopefully get to the SB and then lose ...again .Then the comparisons to the Bills of the 90's will begin.TRADE BRADY and FIRE BB will be the title to many threads and thank goodness no more Man Love threads about Brady.

I'm giddy!

[/QUOTE]

I thought Rex guaranteed the Jets win the Super Bowl this year. Why are we even having the playoffs?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey,didn't he score 4 touchdowns in one game for Polk High?

Great work TFB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Hahaha! Thanks and welll done!!  4 td's Polk High, LOL!