Most Overrated Coach in Football History

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bramrok. Show bramrok's posts

Most Overrated Coach in Football History

Belichick receives universal accolades as the greatest coach in football. it is a lot of hot air. The man chose to run the football and take eight minutes of the clock in the fourth quarter down ten points. Teams do that when they are winning by ten, not losing by ten. You dont try a fake punt against a weak offensive team like the Jets before half time. Keep the game close and let it come down to Brady vs Sanchez late in the game. The team was showing no ability to make a 4th and 13. You have to try for a 52 yard field goal in that situation down ten points. Belichick is a poor game coach, and he made no adjustments after halftime. Just like in the Superbowl where Tom Coughlin cleaned his clock in the way he lined up Justin Tuck on the defensive line, and Belichick could not adjust. Another fault of Belichick is his arrogance. He drove away Asante Samuel and Ty Law. Belichick has needed a pass rusher for a long time and chose not to go with Clay Mathews, and he is paying the price for it. And what happened to that 3rd round pick on a QB, Kevin O'Connell when everyone in New England knows this team needs an elite pass rushing outside linebacker?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

Re: Most Overrated Coach in Football History

Belichick is not perfect, but he has five Super Bowl rings and is the only coach in NFL history with four 14 win seasons.  Name one other coach in the game today with anything like that track record. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Most Overrated Coach in Football History:
    [QUOTE] Belichick receives universal accolades as the greatest coach in football. it is a lot of hot air. The man chose to run the football and take eight minutes of the clock in the fourth quarter down ten points. Teams do that when they are winning by ten, not losing by ten. You dont try a fake punt against a weak offensive team like the Jets before half time. Keep the game close and let it come down to Brady vs Sanchez late in the game. The team was showing no ability to make a 4th and 13. You have to try for a 52 yard field goal in that situation down ten points. Belichick is a poor game coach, and he made no adjustments after halftime. Just like in the Superbowl where Tom Coughlin cleaned his clock in the way he lined up Justin Tuck on the defensive line, and Belichick could not adjust. Another fault of Belichick is his arrogance. He drove away Asante Samuel and Ty Law. Belichick has needed a pass rusher for a long time and chose not to go with Clay Mathews, and he is paying the price for it. And what happened to that 3rd round pick on a QB, Kevin O'Connell when everyone in New England knows this team needs an elite pass rushing outside linebacker?
    Posted by bramrok[/QUOTE]

Maybe you didn't hear.  He's the same guy who got us the plan that beat "The Greatest Show On Turf"  in 2001.

Oh, and he is the same guy who got us past the Panthers in 2003.
    Oh, and he is the same guy who beat McNabb, TO, and the Eagles in 2004.

He just lost a game to a guy who has done..  NOTHING REALLY.  Who was coaching Baltimore's D when they won it all?  I think it was Marvin Lewis.

But YOU know he is an arrogant fraud.  The team he built went 14-2, beat the top teams in the NFL, and is still one of the youngest in the league.  THAT you could have done, and the coach can't.  He drove away Ty Law and Asante Samuel, and they did what?  Nothing much, it turns out.  But YOU know better.  Well, if you don't like the guy and think he is a fraud, you are in for a rough go because he is not leaving anytime soon.  Me?  I'll be happy.  I like him.
    This loss is bad, even the coach thinks so, and he feels like he failed the team.  But I wouldn't take any other coach in the league.  Ever.   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from djbosox2004. Show djbosox2004's posts

[QUOTE] Belichick receives universal accolades as the greatest coach in football. it is a lot of hot air. The man chose to run the football and take eight minutes of the clock in the fourth quarter down ten points. Teams do that when they are winning by ten, not losing by ten. You dont try a fake punt against a weak offensive team like the Jets before half time. Keep the game close and let it come down to Brady vs Sanchez late in the game. The team was showing no ability to make a 4th and 13. You have to try for a 52 yard field goal in that situation down ten points. Belichick is a poor game coach, and he made no adjustments after halftime. Just like in the Superbowl where Tom Coughlin cleaned his clock in the way he lined up Justin Tuck on the defensive line, and Belichick could not adjust. Another fault of Belichick is his arrogance. He drove away Asante Samuel and Ty Law. Belichick has needed a pass rusher for a long time and chose not to go with Clay Mathews, and he is paying the price for it. And what happened to that 3rd round pick on a QB, Kevin O'Connell when everyone in New England knows this team needs an elite pass rushing outside linebacker?
    =====================================
     Awwwww, somebody did`nt get a Snuggy for Christmas.Try this,,get mommy to buy you the latest "Sexy Rexy" snuggy with the lastest craze the "Sexy Rexy foot snuggy" so that you can curl up like a furry little "football" and watch the Jets play next Sunday.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

he isn't overrated.

Tony Dungy in my opinon is overrated.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from davesakiller. Show davesakiller's posts

Overrated would be overlooking a lot.  But his calls in this game were certainly questionable...  Not starting Welker, for one.  Yeah, it was only for one series, but is that really how you want to start a game like this... it WAS a distraction, why create a distraction then?  What do you gain from that?  ...and you're right on on a lot of the other points you made.  They do need to spend more, they did need more experience on the field.  I know others are thinking it but I'll go ahead and say it.  Was not having Randy Moss on the field Sunday REALLY beneficial to us? 

...Undue accolaides (trading Randy Moss, not spending for experience), poor decisions, absolutely...  but the guy's won a lot and there's nobody out there I'd rather have.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from djbosox2004. Show djbosox2004's posts

In Response to Re: Most Overrated Coach in Football History:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Most Overrated Coach in Football History : Hey, do you know who scored more points than the 2001 14-2 Rams (I believe you called them the greatest show on turf)?  The 2010 NE patsies.  I guess it's no big deal shutting down that kind of one dimentional offense. 
    Posted by PhatRex[/QUOTE]
    ====================================
     Hey dipstick,it was the media that labeled the Rams for those couple years the "Greatest Show On Turf"
      Yes it was a big deal considering that you won the game.The Jets have a very good defense and played a great game. 
      Anything else that you want to share Einstein? Or are you just going to keep coming here a reaffirming what everyone else already knows.The Jets and their fans are the worst and most classless team in all of pro sports?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

So, What I'm gathering point by point IS...

Bill Belichick svcks because he eschewed what wasn't working through 3 quarters in the Jets game (i.e. spread offense), and decided to switch up his gameplan when he was behind by 10 in the 4th quarter, by going to a more pwer-formation based Offensive series...
    AND,
    Bill Belichick svcks because he has the guts enough to try a fake punt & keep an offensive drive alive so he had the best chance to score 3 or 7 pts, rather than attempt a 50+ yard field goal without his starting kicker, except that one of his players, Patrick Chung, mishandled it...
    AND,
    Bill Belichick svcks because he seemingly made his most successful game-adjustments only in the 4th quarter rather than in the 3rd quarter...
    AND,
    Bill Belichick svcks because he went 18 wins and 1 loss in the 2007 year- Losing 1 outta 4 Superbowls due to an ingeniously designed NY Giants Defensive scheme...
    AND,
    Bill Belichick svcks because he allowed 2 players, 1-Asante Samuel who had 7 INTs this year (to go along with his route jumping & big-gambling plays, along with his whopping 25 total tackles this season-Devin McCourty-6 INTs & 82TTs), Along With 30+ year old Ty Law (who had what? 3 NFL seasons left in total?)...
    AND,
    Bill Belichick svcks because he, like several other teams, shyed away from selecting a player (Clay Matthews), because there were ENORMOUS red-flags RE: Matthews and his very probable steroid use...Belichick instead, opting to select a nickel CB, a starting Safety, and a couple of selections parlayed into the '10 draft, 1 of which garnered him his starting TE...
    AND, 
    Bill Belichick svcks because he missed on projecting the skill level of a late 3rd Round Quarterback to try to groom behind Tom Brady...in 2008.

~Does this about give the sum collection of your thesis, or is there more?  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Casportsfan. Show Casportsfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Most Overrated Coach in Football History : Maybe you didn't hear.  He's the same guy who got us the plan that beat "The Greatest Show On Turf"  in 2001. Oh, and he is the same guy who got us past the Panthers in 2003. Oh, and he is the same guy who beat McNabb, TO, and the Eagles in 2004. He just lost a game to a guy who has done..  NOTHING REALLY.  Who was coaching Baltimore's D when they won it all?  I think it was Marvin Lewis. But YOU know he is an arrogant fraud.  The team he built went 14-2, beat the top teams in the NFL, and is still one of the youngest in the league.  THAT you could have done, and the coach can't.  He drove away Ty Law and Asante Samuel, and they did what?  Nothing much, it turns out.  But YOU know better.  Well, if you don't like the guy and think he is a fraud, you are in for a rough go because he is not leaving anytime soon.  Me?  I'll be happy.  I like him. This loss is bad, even the coach thinks so, and he feels like he failed the team.  But I wouldn't take any other coach in the league.  Ever.   
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

There's a problem with your analysis. Just a slight problem.  You are discussing Belichicks PAST success and not his recent or current coaching history.  The thread said he's the most "overrated" coach in history.  Meaning today, as of this very minute, people consider his talent to far exceed what it is today, as of this very minute.  Not 10 years ago, not 8 years ago, but TODAY.

Yes, he's overrated.  The Pats have gone 51-13 over the last 4 years, and yet they have won a whopping TWO PLAYOFF games in that period.  2 playoff wins in 4 years, while destroying the competition in the regular season.  What that tells you is he regularly gets his clock cleaned by the opposing coach now in the post season.

Keep living in the past and you're just fine.  As of today, I'm really tired of hearing about what a mastermind he is.  Because on playoff day, all I keep seeing is the teams that the Pats already beat earlier that season turn around and kick their teeth in in the playoffs (Giants, Ravens, Jets).  That tells you he's getting outcoached, and that means when people crow about how freaking great he is, they are overrating his ability as a coach.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bramrok. Show bramrok's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Most Overrated Coach in Football History : ====================================  Hey dipstick,it was the media that labeled the Rams for those couple years the "Greatest Show On Turf"   Yes it was a big deal considering that you won the game.The Jets have a very good defense and played a great game.    Anything else that you want to share Einstein? Or are you just going to keep coming here a reaffirming what everyone else already knows.The Jets and their fans are the worst and most classless team in all of pro sports?
    Posted by djbosox2004[/QUOTE]
     just because he is overrated does not logically imply he is a terrible coach. belichick is a good coach obviously but he is not the greatest coach ever. there  are a lot better coaches. bill walsh, parcells, don shula, chuck noll, tom landry, and i would rather have mike tomlin than belichick. BB does not know how to react at half time and adapt in games that are at odds with his original game plan. And I am a depressed Patriots fan not a Jets fan.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Casportsfan. Show Casportsfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Most Overrated Coach in Football History : So, What I'm gathering point by point IS... Bill Belichick svcks because he eschewed what wasn't working through 3 quarters in the Jets game (i.e. spread offense), and decided to switch up his gameplan when he was behind by 10 in the 4th quarter, by going to a more pwer-formation based Offensive series... AND, Bill Belichick svcks because he has the guts enough to try a fake punt & keep an offensive drive alive so he had the best chance to score 3 or 7 pts, rather than attempt a 50+ yard field goal without his starting kicker, except that one of his players, Patrick Chung, mishandled it... AND, Bill Belichick svcks because he seemingly made his most successful game-adjustments only in the 4th quarter rather than in the 3rd quarter... AND, Bill Belichick svcks because he went 18 wins and 1 loss in the 2007 year- Losing 1 outta 4 Superbowls due to an ingeniously designed NY Giants Defensive scheme... AND, Bill Belichick svcks because he allowed 2 players, 1-Asante Samuel who had 7 INTs this year (to go along with his route jumping & big-gambling plays, along with his whopping 25 total tackles this season-Devin McCourty-6 INTs & 82TTs), Along With 30+ year old Ty Law (who had what? 3 NFL seasons left in total?)... AND, Bill Belichick svcks because he, like several other teams, shyed away from selecting a player (Clay Matthews), because there were ENORMOUS red-flags RE: Matthews and his very probable steroid use...Belichick instead, opting to select a nickel CB, a starting Safety, and a couple of selections parlayed into the '10 draft, 1 of which garnered him his starting TE... AND,  Bill Belichick svcks because he missed on projecting the skill level of a late 3rd Round Quarterback to try to groom behind Tom Brady...in 2008. ~ Does this about give the sum collection of your thesis, or is there more?  
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

I'll add to his thesis and summarize it nicely for you.  His team, a 14-2 squad, just got dominated by a team he beat several weeks ago 45-3.  That's coaching my friend.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Most Overrated Coach in Football History : I'll add to his thesis and summarize it nicely for you.  His team, a 14-2 squad, just got dominated by a team he beat several weeks ago 45-3.  That's coaching my friend.
    Posted by Casportsfan[/QUOTE]

It's undoubtedly the first time in NFL History that a team that you beat soundly once in the regular season, comes back & Beats YOUR team during the playoffs...  Your argument too, Is pretty darn convincing for Belichick's certain & justifiable Immediate Termination.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

Still a great HOF coach. He has had the mirror turned on him in the playoffs recently though. He used to have the game plans and defense to stop these high powered offenses now the Pats are a high powered offense that seems to struggle against aggressive defenses in the playoffs. I am sure BB will turn this around next year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Most Overrated Coach in Football History : There's a problem with your analysis. Just a slight problem.  You are discussing Belichicks PAST success and not his recent or current coaching history.  The thread said he's the most "overrated" coach in history.  Meaning today, as of this very minute, people consider his talent to far exceed what it is today, as of this very minute.  Not 10 years ago, not 8 years ago, but TODAY. Yes, he's overrated.  The Pats have gone 51-13 over the last 4 years, and yet they have won a whopping TWO PLAYOFF games in that period .  2 playoff wins in 4 years, while destroying the competition in the regular season.  What that tells you is he regularly gets his clock cleaned by the opposing coach now in the post season. Keep living in the past and you're just fine.  As of today, I'm really tired of hearing about what a mastermind he is.  Because on playoff day, all I keep seeing is the teams that the Pats already beat earlier that season turn around and kick their teeth in in the playoffs (Giants, Ravens, Jets) .  That tells you he's getting outcoached, and that means when people crow about how freaking great he is, they are overrating his ability as a coach.
    Posted by Casportsfan[/QUOTE]
      Actually, there is a problem with your analysis. If everything were equal, (with the exception of the coach), you would be right. The Jets have a veteran stacked team with alot of talent. The Pats are a very young team. your reasoning is that BB should be able to take a college team and go out there and beat the Jets. BB did damn good to go as far as we did. Even great coaches need great players. We are slowly getting back to where we were. Alot of young players got some experience this year. We have some key veterans coming back next year from injury, and we are loaded with draft picks. There is no doubt in my mind, next year will be alot better. You are always welcome to root for Carolina.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

If Bill Belichick wasn't a good coach, we would not even be in position to cry about this team being a let down in the playoffs. With the talent and injuries that he had to work with, we'd be looking at two mid-first round picks in the face and wondering how we could spend them in order to get into the playoffs next year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Most other coaches win the Super Bowl every year.  What is it with Belichick--I mean he hasn't won one since 2004?  Let's can him . . .

(Can fans be more idiotic?!?!)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Jeff Fisher has kept his job after being 13-17 the last two seasons. He has been with the same team for longer than Belichick and hasn't won a Superbowl (came one yard from it). I think his job is safe.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

If the Pats won by ONE point, you'd never see this post.  Talk about going over the ledge.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Andy Reid. choke in the NFC CG  3X in a row. Could the Jets be then next Philly?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Most Overrated Coach in Football History : There's a problem with your analysis. Just a slight problem.  You are discussing Belichicks PAST success and not his recent or current coaching history.  The thread said he's the most "overrated" coach in history.  Meaning today, as of this very minute, people consider his talent to far exceed what it is today, as of this very minute.  Not 10 years ago, not 8 years ago, but TODAY. Posted by Casportsfan[/QUOTE]

definition of history: "the branch of knowledge dealing with past events"

Or in other words history refers to all past events which includes recent events. This might be hard for you to understand but when someone states just plain history unless they specifically refer to recent history you must also include all history including when he was working for the Giants.

Now if you want to talk recent history again he was out coached but also the players did not perform against another heavily defense minded coach with more veteran talent then a piece meal young D which BB had. I wouldn't say he was the most overrated even this season but he did not perform up to the highest standards as apparently some believed he belonged. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Yes, you are.  Thanks for posting.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nZone. Show nZone's posts

bramrok should be a Jets fan...you found the right coach in Rex Ryan.