Motivation

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

Motivation

That is the flavor of the koolade this preseason for the pats fans.  I am proud of you guys for coming up with that on your own.  I know the hooded one is not drinking that, neither is Brady.  After a game against the lowly rams you said that was exactly what you wanted!!!!  Gimme a break.  Now this game against the Jints is what you guys needed?  You were manhandled this preseason.  That is just the facts.  If you need to be pushed around for 4 games because they dont count and you are only playing "vanilla", just like your opponents I might add, your regular season may look similar.  I am not saying that preseason record matters by any means, but for pete's sake, stand up for yourself and be a man.  Dont get run over by opponents.

These excuses/reasons end last night.  The Bengals, then Jets, await.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

Re: Motivation

so you ask me if I watched the game last night even though you know that NONE of our starters played.  If you look at our draft, then please include Santonio Holmes and Cromartie since we gave up some late round picks for them, k thanks.  Or LG position is a question mark.  I think that Slausson is a roadgrader we will find out if he gets exposed pass blocking.  Cant be worse than Faneca's pass blocking(at least I hope).

on another note, please create a signature for your new account.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: Motivation:
    [QUOTE]so you ask me if I watched the game last night even though you know that NONE of our starters played.  If you look at our draft, then please include Santonio Holmes and Cromartie since we gave up some late round picks for them, k thanks.  Or LG position is a question mark.  I think that Slausson is a roadgrader we will find out if he gets exposed pass blocking.  Cant be worse than Faneca's pass blocking(at least I hope). on another note, please create a signature for your new account.
    Posted by whodeawhodat[/QUOTE]

Look who's drinking kool-aid!!  You pound on Pats fans for being optimistic and you ignore your own Jets short comings in the pre-season.  So, the Pats pre-season is a more accurate barometer of the team than what the Jets just accomplished?  You are a Jets homer as bad as a Pats homer!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Motivation:
    [QUOTE]That is the flavor of the koolade this preseason for the pats fans.  I am proud of you guys for coming up with that on your own.  I know the hooded one is not drinking that, neither is Brady.  After a game against the lowly rams you said that was exactly what you wanted!!!!  Gimme a break.  Now this game against the Jints is what you guys needed?  You were manhandled this preseason.  That is just the facts.  If you need to be pushed around for 4 games because they dont count and you are only playing "vanilla", just like your opponents I might add, your regular season may look similar.  I am not saying that preseason record matters by any means, but for pete's sake, stand up for yourself and be a man.  Dont get run over by opponents. These excuses/reasons end last night.  The Bengals, then Jets, await.
    Posted by whodeawhodat[/QUOTE]
    4 games?  You must have missed the first 2 games against NO and Atlanta.  Just because someone thinks losing to the Rams is a good thing does not mean all Pats fans think that (why do I have to explain that to an adult?).

BTW, your team has succked the whole preseason, don't you think you are being a hypocrite? 

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

Regular season is coming and there will be no more excuses.  I talked about my team's weaknesses while listening to your predictions of 14-2 or 12-4 for the Pats record this year.  As for my team sucking this preseason, it is just not true.  My 2nd and 3rd string may not be as strong but my 1s have been outstanding on D and my offense has shown some good things.  We have shot ourselves in the foot numberous times with turnovers and penalties but we have done good and to me that is what preseason is for.  Your team has just been overmatched imo.  you blame being blown off the point of attack by saying that you wanted it that way for motivation.  That is the title of this post, motivation.  Say what you want, believe what you like, the day of reconing is coming and there will be a lot of sad patriot fans this year.  At least you can watch reruns of you past glory.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Good luck to you whodewhodat.  I'm sure that I won't see you again after the season starts.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

I will be here all the season.  Looks like you ordered some coolade.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

Hello Killa, enjoy your coolade? lol

preseason means nothing unless your 1s get pushed around like rag dolls.  you have some weapons in the air but no grit.  Not saying that Cincy if the most physical team but you will find out that the Jets are, 3 weeks baby, get on that bus to come get some.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

Good point on Leon and 100% true.  I remember being one of his only fans and that was because he came from FSU lol.  we will let curtis martin in his ear, tell him what it takes.  CMART still hangs out with the Jets you know.  Would be nice to have Bruschi teach your defense what it means to play.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

whodeawhodat-  WHY will you be here?  Why is it, instead of dealing with YOUR team, and hanging out with Jet fans, do you come here?  It says something about you.  Most people wouldn't do it.  I sure dont.  I think it must be that you are young.  Maybe less than 16?  I'm sure you will tell me that you are 30 or something, but the truth is, your actions are indicating you are a kid.  Silly.  Whatever, if we are stuck with you, we are.  Please learn how to spell kool-aid.  You can acceptably shorten it to Koolaid.  Should be easy for you, since its age appropriate for teens.  It's on every package, so if you can't read, ask your mom to help.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Re: Motivation:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Motivation : I can only imagine what you would be saying if the Pats D had played as well as they Jets.  I suspect you would be predicting a season long shutout.   I'm just glad the Jets did not have to play the offensive juggernaut called the Rams.  Don't let last years 1-15 record and a last ranked o fool you.  They are awesome! 
    Posted by PhatRex[/QUOTE]

Dolt.  We aren't playing LAST years team.  Miami had a 1-15 record.  The NEXT year they took the division.  Difference?  Coaching, yes, a bit.  One QB.  You know the guy, your team used to have him.  I am sure you aren't stupid enough to believe what you said here, if you keep striving to prove me wrong, however, I will be forced to rethink my position on that.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Here is an honest assessment,

Running game was excellent the first two games, bad the next two.  Defense has been inconsistent but not as terrible as people make it out to be.  Given up 22.75 points per game, better than average but hard to tell from preseason.  Defense is young and I expect mistakes during the regular season.  Passing game has been pretty good, and I am not worried once the season comes.  New weapons in Gronkowski and Hernandez should equal improvement to an offense that was one of the best in the league last year. 

IMO it all comes down to how this defense comes together, Bodden is gone and he was the best CB on the team.  Warren is also gone, Mayo appears to be struggling.  The pass rush is a question and may be mediocre at best if nobody steps up.  But really, with the exception of losing Bodden this team has the same players on the roster that were 11th best in defense last year so there's not much reason to think they will be worse.  If anything, with the age and inexperience they should improve some.

My assessment-
    Offense- better, and one the the NFL's best
    Defense- ? maybe better but not great.  Young and inexperienced could cost them problems and lose some games.
    Special teams- better, Better punter, better returners.

Last year 10-6
    this year 11-5 plus or minus a game.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Lions have also been 7-1 the past few years in the preseason but one a whopping 2 games in the regular season.

There really is no correlation between preseason and regular season; it's a matter of preference, youth, system, etc.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

These trolls are hilarious

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

naw, i was just asking if you liked the picture killa.  Davidson, it dont matter to me what you think about me.  I am sure that most of the peeps on this board think of me as a troll, dont matter.  I dont come here for correct punctuation or spelling.  I just like to poke crazy in the eye. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from timesedge. Show timesedge's posts

I have to agree with Shenanigan. I think the Pats are going to be a 11-5/10-6 team this year.

It's pretty fair to say that both the Pats and the Jets have questions. Pats - /> the pass rush. Jets -> the QB. Because I think that the QB is more important to a team than a pass rush I believe that the Pats will win the division, but I don't think it will be easy.

The hardest thing about the AFC East this year is that 3 of the four teams look like contenders - while I think NE will take the division, one if not both of these other teams will probably be wild cards.

Sections
Shortcuts