Movie "Draft Day" a Bust??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Re: Movie

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

http://i.imgur.com/ISEQTG6.gif" alt="" width="73" height="50" /> view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

My God...this new format is awful!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

In response to RushThePillPopper's comment:
    [QUOTE]

why would anyone expect something worthwhile from him? Bull Durham sucked. Robin Hood was a joke. The bodyguard??? Waterworld??? Field of Dreams was ok. Overrated is an understatement about this guy.

[/QUOTE]
    He was really great in The Big Chill.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I was j/k about the gut punching bud, what sports movies do you like?

[/QUOTE]

If you've never seen it, "Bang the Drum Slowly" with DeNiro as a baseball movie.  Interesting depiction of what life was like for pro ballplayers back in the '60's or so.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thank God I'm not the only one noticing.  I wasn't certain if my browser had gone completely haywire.

This is certain to decrease the readership and "participation" around here.

Do we have John Henry to thank for this mess?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I liked it. Stay with it until the end. You won't regret it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree...they managed to take something that wasn't very good to begin with and make it horrible. Got to hand it to them, at least they're original, not many companies try to improve their product by making it much worse.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

Since nobody responded to my earlier post referencing Draft Day, I'll risk redundancy by adding:

Personally, I love Costner's approach to the draft.  Appease the owner's penchant for a 'splash' with an absurd trade-up on the board, and then on a wing and a prayer pull the fat out of the fire with an eleventh-hour move juxtapositioning the team back into the fray, and in addition, getting to kiss Ben Affleck's 42-year-old wife.

Works for me.  ****

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

The trading Costner conducts is wild and highly implausible it could only take place in Fantasy Land. Long story short: Costner trades #7 for the #1 top pick and ends up also getting #6 all for the total price of 3 future 2nd rounders! These kinds of crazy, complicated deals can only take place in a deluded mind where we imagine we control all the outcomes and other GM are just there to please our fantasies! This requires massive "suspension of disbelief" on our part. 

Is this real life or just a big infomercial for a "kinder, gentler" NFL?  A distraction in the wake of the labor crisis, the usual string of arrests and off-season incidents of NFL players at this time of year and the on-going settlements for CTE claims?  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Yeah, just got back from braving the T with all the Marathon tourists in town...quite the crowd, it's NUTS out there...saw the movie...truly a "meh" kind of cinema event...best part of the movie was Garner's incredible legs...aside from that, entirely implausible and utterly forgettable...KC is looking old folks...he's running out of time for the leading man type roles, at least the kind that have him making out with Jennifer Garner types...sorry, but it's true...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah, just got back from braving the T with all the Marathon tourists in town...quite the crowd, it's NUTS out there...saw the movie...truly a "meh" kind of cinema event...best part of the movie was Garner's incredible legs...aside from that, entirely implausible and utterly forgettable...KC is looking old folks...he's running out of time for the leading man type roles, at least the kind that have him making out with Jennifer Garner types...sorry, but it's true...

[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, if you could look as good when pushing 60-years-old!!!!!  :) :) :)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

In response to dustcover's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hard to say--it's not like the general public ever gets to see him without all the makeup, lighting and hairpieces.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I would if I had the $$ incentive he has...that's his job.....he should look great for a couple of mill/per...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to TheTinMan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hard to say--it's not like the general public ever gets to see him without all the makeup, lighting and hairpieces.

[/QUOTE]

It must be tough to have to continue to look good as you age - like these actors have to do - I think Botox is prolonging quite a few of their careers. It used to be the plastic surgery that kept them going, but I think too many of them have been burned by that...there are many woman actresses that aren't working any longer because the surgeries went bad.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Sounds like any given Sunday.    Owners daughter running the show, has herownideas but the old crusty coach or GM that dad hired has to give her a lesson in life about the team.  

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?