Mr Johnson, Ocho, And The Number 85

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Re: Mr Johnson, Ocho, And The Number 85

In Response to Re: Mr Johnson, Ocho, And The Number 85:
    In Response to Re: Mr Johnson, Ocho, And The Number 85 : Show me where I said he's a bum. Show me where I quoted Bruschi. Slater is on a pedestal? Who said that. Have you actually read what I wrote? Don't put words in my mouth, so to speak. I know he wasn't thrown to much in the last game. Yes, that was a beautiful catch that he made. I know he is working hard to learn the system and I have every confidence that he will. I'm not talking about his abilities as a football player. I'm talking about his unwillingness or worse, his inability to let go of some of his ego, his childish need to always be the center of attention and to simply be one member of a team.
    Posted by antibody

Why are you unwilling to admit that saying "wow the Pats are a machine" has nothing to do with his ego or need to be the center of attention? Why are you unwilling to admit that since he got here he has been about nothing but the team?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In Response to Re: Mr Johnson, Ocho, And The Number 85 : Why are you unwilling to admit that saying "wow the Pats are a machine" has nothing to do with his ego or need to be the center of attention? Why are you unwilling to admit that since he got here he has been about nothing but the team?
    Posted by rtuinila

I posted what you saw before I had finished with everything I wanted to say.For that I apologize.

I don't have an issue with him saying that. That was Bruschi and I don't really give a $#!7 about what he had to say. I think I've been pretty clear on that point. .

edit: It's not that I'm unwilling to admit anything, I'm just not 100% convinced that it's true. If I'm wrong ( and I sincerely hope and pray that I am) I will be the first to admit it and prostrate myself before you all and worship at the Altar of Johnson. (Yeah, I know. That sounds really bad.)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: Mr Johnson, Ocho, And The Number 85 : Show me where I said he's a bum. Show me where I quoted Bruschi. Slater is on a pedestal? Who said that. Have you actually read what I wrote? Don't put words in my mouth, so to speak. I know he wasn't thrown to much in the last game. Yes, that was a beautiful catch that he made. I know he is working hard to learn the system and I have every confidence that he will. I'm not talking about his abilities as a football player. I'm talking about his unwillingness or worse, his inability to let go of some of his ego, his childish need to always be the center of attention and to simply be one member of a team.You say that Belichick traded for the whole package and new what he was getting. On the flip side Johnson knew where he was going and knew that he would be expected to conform to a standard. He should have known that in coming to New England it would be football first, second, tenth, fiftieth, eighty-fifth... you get the picture and so should he. If it's more important for him to be THE STAR , then it might have been best if he sought another destination because it just ain't gonna be that way here. You say it's not his number or his name. I say it is. You say it's not his one tweet and with that I agree. It's his whole twitter addiction. You say he is not and has not been a distraction. I say that is highly debatable. You want to see me as alone in thinking this way. I am not. I know quite a few long time Patriot fans who feel much as I do. They just don't post here. Lastly, you seem to want to believe that I hate the man. Nothing could be farther from the truth. It's just that at this point I question whether his commitment is to being a member of a winning organization, or to himself and the image he has created. I mistakenly posted before I had finished and apologize for the edit.
    Posted by antibody

Well I didn't say that you said any of those things, just that they've been said.
    But now that you mention it, How does it feel to be misunderstood and have people put words in your mouth and be judged?  Think about that!
    You are basing your opinion on innuendo, speculation and biased opinions.
    You can't give one concrete piece of evidence to support your opinion because there aren't any to date.  Quite the contrary.

He11, I even heard BB say he didn't care about Twitter (in so many words).
    Why should you?  How do you know that BB didn't tell Chad that he didn't want him to change (just be himself) as long as he didn't break any rules?  You don't think they've discussed it at length?  Please.
    If there's one thing I know, because I own and train TB Racehorses, is that you can break a horse, but if you break his spirit, then you aint got no horse.
    Run Chad run!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

I just read something interesting on another message board where a poster said Ocho tried to change his name back to Johnson but he can't for another year due to contractual obligations with one of his sponsors. Think there might be any truth to that?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

I just read something interesting on another message board where a poster said Ocho tried to change his name back to Johnson but he can't for another year due to contractual obligations with one of his sponsors. Think there might be any truth to that?
    Posted by rtuinila

Ya, I heard the same thing.  They don't want to loose money on those Jerseys or something like that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In Response to Re: Mr Johnson, Ocho, And The Number 85 : Well I didn't say that you said any of those things, just that they've been said. But now that you mention it, How does it feel to be misunderstood and have people put words in your mouth and be judged?  Think about that! You are basing your opinion on innuendo, speculation and biased opinions. You can't give one concrete piece of evidence to support your opinion because there aren't any to date.  Quite the contrary. He11, I even heard BB say he didn't care about Twitter (in so many words). Why should you?  How do you know that BB didn't tell Chad that he didn't want him to change (just be himself) as long as he didn't break any rules?  You don't think they've discussed it at length?  Please. If there's one thing I know, because I own and train TB Racehorses, is that you can break a horse, but if you break his spirit, then you aint got no horse. Run Chad run!
    Posted by pezz4pats

Points well taken. That's why I have repeatedly stated that these are my opinions. I understand that opinions are like a**holes (and I'm certainly more than capable of being one of those), and admittedly I'm just spouting off. Isn't that what these boards are all about? Realistically neither one of us knows what goes on in that locker room or what the relationships between Belichick and any of his players might be.

Good analogy about the horses. I'm no trainer, but I've been around enough horses to know, if you have a high spirited horse you don't want to completely break him down. On the other hand, if he goes to go kicking the crap out of the other horses because he thinks he's better, he will have to be separated.

The jury is still out on Mr. Johnson. Time will tell. I sincerely hope my a**hole opinions are wrong and that he will be around for a long time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Posted by rtuinila

I wasnt aware of that. If that's the case, it looks like I'll have to apologize once again for being an idiot. Good thing that's something I've gotten used to in this life.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

Maybe the fact that he hasn't been the "Ocho" of old is why he hasn't been productive.  Maybe he needs to be his flamboyent self in order to get his mojo back and be effective.  I know it's only been one game but that's just who he is.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Sure, dance in the end-zone. No problem. Just keep the on field celebrations on the field. When the game is over get your nose back in the play book and keep learning. Next week go out, score more TDs and dance your damn fool head off. On the field. No need to Tweet " Did y'all see my dance? What did y'all think of my dance?" Who cares!? Score, score, and score some more, and you will have all the love the fans can give you and then some. Most Patriot fans don't give a rat's hind quarters about personality. Just performance. That ain't hatin'. That's just how it is.
    Posted by antibody

clearly the point. no one said dont celebrate when you score or with yoru team.
    he's on a team with the focus on T-E-A-M  and he has the personality of LOOK AT ME and needs attention all the time. that's hard to fit, especially when you dont know enough to DO YOUR JOB.

hopefully he catches on. until then, eat humble pie, focus, learn, get coached up, and never mind calling out your every move to fans.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In Response to Re: Mr Johnson, Ocho, And The Number 85 : clearly the point. no one said dont celebrate when you score or with yoru team. he's on a team with the focus on T-E-A-M  and he has the personality of LOOK AT ME and needs attention all the time. that's hard to fit, especially when you dont know enough to DO YOUR JOB. hopefully he catches on. until then, eat humble pie, focus, learn, get coached up, and never mind calling out your every move to fans.
    Posted by bredbru

Thank you. It seems a little strange to me that a number of posters here, fans that otherwise support the team first philosophy, are saying that this guy needs to be given a lot of slack.

('Forget all that stiff neck stuff, man, ya gotta let Ocho be Ocho'  seems to be the recurring mantra.)

It won't work. This is a system based on solidarity. In New England players are expected to put their own personal needs and desires on the back burner and put the team first. This is what has made the franchise so successful for as long as it has been. To make exceptions for this one player just doesn't make even the tiniest bit of sense. He's not that good.    No one is.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

All I'm asking for is people give Chad the same amount of time to get integrated into this offense as the other good receivers had before you start crucifying him and that would be 5 months with the playbook. Is that so unreasonable as to verge on coddling?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

You are basing your opinion on innuendo

I thought innuendo was Italian for butt sex.  Ohhh wait maybe thats what the "prostrate" comment was... never mind.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

You are basing your opinion on innuendo I thought innuendo was Italian for butt sex.  Ohhh wait maybe thats what the "prostrate" comment was... never mind.
    Posted by Philskiw1

Insults are the last refuge of...

...the out argued.

...a weak mind.

...scoundrels.

Take your pick. They all apply.

Incidentally, that anal reference speaks volumes about you.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

that quote has nothing to do with chad, that video was shot in 2009. Its 2011 people

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

that quote has nothing to do with chad, that video was shot in 2009. Its 2011 people
    Posted by ChasaB

Which quote are you referring to?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

You know what I'm enjoying about this thread?  PATRIOTS fans fighting.  Not a bunch of "fans" of other teams flaming.  Nice change.  OCHO will be good or riding the pine.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

You know what I'm enjoying about this thread?  PATRIOTS fans fighting.  Not a bunch of "fans" of other teams flaming.  Nice change.  OCHO will be good or riding the pine.  
    Posted by Davedsone

Laughing!

What's so different about that. Pretty near any thread Griswold gets on there's bound to be a few arguments. And not just with Jet fans or the dogggggg.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: Mr Johnson, Ocho, And The Number 85 : Points well taken. That's why I have repeatedly stated that these are my opinions. I understand that opinions are like a**holes (and I'm certainly more than capable of being one of those), and admittedly I'm just spouting off. Isn't that what these boards are all about? Realistically neither one of us knows what goes on in that locker room or what the relationships between Belichick and any of his players might be. Good analogy about the horses. I'm no trainer, but I've been around enough horses to know, if you have a high spirited horse you don't want to completely break him down. On the other hand, if he goes to go kicking the crap out of the other horses because he thinks he's better, he will have to be separated. The jury is still out on Mr. Johnson. Time will tell. I sincerely hope my a**hole opinions are wrong and that he will be around for a long time.
    Posted by antibody

It's all good, bro.  We're all rooting for the same thing.  I'm just trying to figure out what all the hooplah is about.
    But, since you like the horse analogies, here's a couple more.
    If I had given up on every horse that didn't win their first race, I would have exactly ONE winner in about 30 years of trying. He was truly special ( Gronk special) and there was no way to deny him.  But he was very much the exception.
    I had one filly who was by far the fastest and most well bred horse in my stable.
    She lost her first 5 races.  Her breeding suggested she was a closer and I didn't want to change her running style and she was just that. She absolutely blew away every opponent in match races but when in with company, she looked like she just gave up.  I put her in with lesser competition and still the same result.
    My first thought was that she just didn't have the heart. One day, while watching her race I noticed a very slight side step.  It then occurred to me, she just doesn't like the dirt from other horses being thrown in her face.
    So, I took her and put her in a pen and then proceeded to throw dirt at her until she stopped running away.  She won her next 3 races in better company.
    Things just take time and sometimes it's just a simple problem and solution.
    Sometimes nothing works.   We just have to let it play out.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In Response to Re: Mr Johnson, Ocho, And The Number 85 : It's all good, bro.  We're all rooting for the same thing.  I'm just trying to figure out what all the hooplah is about. But, since you like the horse analogies, here's a couple more. If I had given up on every horse that didn't win their first race, I would have exactly ONE winner in about 30 years of trying. He was truly special ( Gronk special) and there was no way to deny him.  But he was very much the exception. I had one filly who was by far the fastest and most well bred horse in my stable. She lost her first 5 races.  Her breeding suggested she was a closer and I didn't want to change her running style and she was just that. She absolutely blew away every opponent in match races but when in with company, she looked like she just gave up.  I put her in with lesser competition and still the same result. My first thought was that she just didn't have the heart. One day, while watching her race I noticed a very slight side step.  It then occurred to me, she just doesn't like the dirt from other horses being thrown in her face. So, I took her and put her in a pen and then proceeded to throw dirt at her until she stopped running away.  She won her next 3 races in better company. Things just take time and sometimes it's just a simple problem and solution. Sometimes nothing works.   We just have to let it play out.
    Posted by pezz4pats

Good stories and very fitting. Athletes are essentially thoroughbreds and often need patient handling to get the best results out of them. Time will tell. CJ seems to be a pretty intelligent guy with enough experience to realize what's best for him. He just seems way too nervous right now. Once he relaxes and settles in he'll be fine. Hopefully he gets a few more balls thrown his way today, makes a few plays and gets to feeling more at home.

Good luck with the horses.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Thanks man and good luck to you too.
    What was so sweet about that filly was because of her poor races, she went off at 80 to one.  Probably would have been 99 to one if I didn't drop a grand on her at the last minute.  Bought rounds for everyone that day!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Thanks man and good luck to you too. What was so sweet about that filly was because of her poor races, she went off at 80 to one.  Probably would have been 99 to one if I didn't drop a grand on her at the last minute.  Bought rounds for everyone that day!
    Posted by pezz4pats

HA,HA. Nice! I've learned not to bet. If I put $2.00 on the favorite to show you can be sure it will come in fourth. $10.00 a week on The Lottery is the extent of my gambling.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: Mr Johnson, Ocho, And The Number 85 : HA,HA. Nice! I've learned not to bet. If I put $2.00 on the favorite to show you can be sure it will come in fourth. $10.00 a week on The Lottery is the extent of my gambling.
    Posted by antibody

Ya, I usually don't bet that high (my wife almost castrated me) but I knew I had the edge.  Of course anything can happen.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In Response to Re: Mr Johnson, Ocho, And The Number 85 : Ya, I usually don't bet that high (my wife almost castrated me) but I knew I had the edge.  Of course anything can happen.
    Posted by pezz4pats

If I could get back just a third of the money I threw to the ponies over the years...

Well, you know the story. I'd show you a jig that would put CJ to shame.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: Mr Johnson, Ocho, And The Number 85 : If I could get back just a third of the money I threw to the ponies over the years... Well, you know the story. I'd show you a jig that would put CJ to shame.
    Posted by antibody

LOL.  NO, not that!  I think I'd rather give you back the money.
    Here's a hint.  Any time you see a good Jockey on a bad horse, bet on it. There's no guarantee but there's always a reason for it.  Unless they're tied to a specific barn, they choose their mounts.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

chad had some good catches today, no drops

Sections
Shortcuts