Mr. Kraft: SELL THE PATRIOTS NOW!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfan33928. Show soxfan33928's posts

Mr. Kraft: SELL THE PATRIOTS NOW!

I preface this comment by saying I am a life long Pats fan and always will be.  I am not jumping off the wagon, but have grown disgruntled over the last several years due to some key decisions that have been made. 

1) First, we let Asante Samuel walk.  Since he left we have had a parade of has-beens and never-were's come through Foxboro in an attempt to fill his shoes.  God knows how much money, energy, and high draft picks have been wasted in an effort to find a "cheaper" version of Asante.  We should have just paid him and used those picks to improve in other areas-perhaps an OLB who can rush the passer, maybe a RB who can move the pile, or even an O-lineman who can run block?  Instead, we let Samuel walk and the D has not recovered since.  2) Lack of skilled offensive/defensive coordinators.  What the hell?  Why can't we get a decent offensive/defensive coach or two?  Does BB have to micro-manage every aspect of this team?  He didn't win three Super Bowls BY HIMSELF!  No, instead he relied on a well qualified scouting, coaching, and personnel team to build a 3x Super Bowl champ.  How well has he done since Pioli was emasculated, since Weiss and Crennel left?  How about 0 championships!  3) The draft.  Let's be honest, until this year our drafts have been lousy.  Most of the players selected are no longer on the team, or have been relegated to reserve roles at best.  Meanwhile, the Baltimore Ravens/Pittsburgh Steelers continue to stockpile talent at a blistering pace.  4)  Free agents/trades.  Do I even need to go there?  Simply put, we have struck out over the past several years in both of these areas.  5)  Logan Mankins.  We have an all-pro interior lineman who is looking to get paid market value.  Instead of rewarding him for his hard work, they try to embarrass him by demanding that he bow and kiss the feet of one Mr. Bob Kraft!  If those stories are true, Kraft needs to be ashamed of himself.  He acts like a Lord who is "allowing" his lowly peasants the opportunity to exist and thusly they should pledge a blood oath to him forever.  Wake up Bob!  Just because you have more money than anyone of us doesn't mean you are any better.  Remember what the bible says about the man who gains the whole world but losses his soul.  Besides, you are probably over leveraged like the rest of us-just to a greater degree. 

To summarize, the Pats are out of touch with the modern athlete.  Gone are the days when a coach or owner could treat their players like garbage.  Today, athletes demand to be respected and treated fairly.  In most cases, this means they want to get paid and they want security.  I believe that athletes are like the rest of us, if you pay them a "fair" wage and show that you respect them, they will respond favorably.  Trying to grossly underpay them, and then minimize their contributions is a mistake they never forgive.  Because of this disconnect, it is my belief that the Pats will not win another championship in the BB era.  We will waste the remaining years our all-world QB has by surrounding him with inferior, cheap talent.  The Krafts will make a ton of money because we will continue to support our beloved Pats no matter what.  Eventually, Bob will sell them for $1.5 billion dollars and laugh all the way to the gold vault, a modern day PT Barnum.  Looks like we are the suckers!

I realize this is a long rant, but I had to get this off of my chest.  I know some of you will criticize me, but if you were truly honest with yourself, you might find out that you agree with me more than you disagree. 

GO SOX!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

Re: Mr. Kraft: SELL THE PATRIOTS NOW!

GO SOX?  That explains everything.....you are the typical over reactionary Sox fan.  Cries over everything.....

I bet you were very upset over losing Manny.....

There is nothing in your post that I agree with....anyone with a brain knows that the Pats are doing what they can to field a highly competitve now and in the future.....with a salary cap.  There is no other team that has more wins in the NFL since Belichick has been with the Pats.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Horrible post. No, really.

1) Asante? He benefited from having a great pass rush and interior line. All he did was jump routes for picks. When he missed, it got ugly. He wasn't going to be the same with this defense so it wasn't worth overpaying him. By the way, ask your Philly fans what they think of ole' Asante now. They want him out of town.

2) It's called a system and it's worked for decades with and without Belichick. You can't just find coordinators to fit into the system and you can't just have coordinators throw the system out the window and start from scratch. Your personnel is selected/signed/recruited based on your system. Weiss and Crennel would never come back here: why would they? So they can succeed because of Belichick and never build their own credibility and success? Since Pioli left, we've had great drafts. You really can't call a draft bad until at least three years after the draft.

3) Let me guess, we should have traded up for Suh right? You cant' judge Belichick's own drafts for at least three years. So far, those kids look great, unpolished but great.

4) The best free agents were our own and we paid them record dollars. Do you even look at the facts before posting bullsh!t? Jesus. Wilfork got a record deal. Bodden got a great deal. Brady got a record deal.

5) MANKINS WANTED A FAIR MARKET VALUE!? Do you hear yourself? He wanted to be paid as the top guard in the league. Jahri Evans money. The Patriots DID HIM A FAVOR by giving him the deal they gave him but he held out. His loss. The Patriots would never overpay for a guard (maybe a tackle but not a guard) and yet they offered to make him a top-3 guard. He rejected the offer and bad-mouthed the organization. Good riddance. Get a clue, bro.

Never ever ever mix the Bible with the NFL. Ever. That's just wrong. I'm not a Christian and don't care to be but seriously?

Players are treated like garbage? They're ASSETS IN A BUSINESS. Next time I dump my Home Depot stock, I'll caress it and wish it a wonderful goodbye!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy cow. When players sign contracts, outplay them and then hold out for more money, they're not beign greedy? Are they still being treated like trash? When a rookie comes in and makes $50 million without touching a ball, he's being treated like trash? In the grand scheme of things, they're all a) lucky to have a job and b) grossly overpaid. 95% of those guys would be on the street if it weren't for pro football.

Seriously, get a clue. ALL of your points are WAY off base.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Troy Brown thinks you are wrong:

While the majority of callers to WEEI on Wednesday morning were upset about the Patriots trading Randy Moss to Minnesota, former New England great Troy Brown went on the Dale and Holley show and offered a different take: It's a "win-win for both parties." 

Brown said it will force the Patriots to play the "methodical" type of football that helped them be so successful during their Super Bowl years, and it will make "all the players be accountable." 

And for Moss, he said, it will be an opportunity to play with legendary gunslinger Brett Favre and have an immediate impact on a talented team. 

Brown, who played for the Patriots from 1993 to 2007, pointed to the 2001-2005 seasons when Tom Brady had to look for the open receivers and "hit seven or eight guys" in a game. He said that type of offense makes everyone work harder, including the defense. 

He thinks Brady may actually be better off without having Moss as an option and having to try to always go for the "big play" as opposed to consistently spreading the ball down the field. 

Brown pointed out that the Patriots have the players this year to run that type of offense, citing the athleticism of rookies Aaron Hernandez and Rob Gronkowski and the talent of receivers Brandon Tate, Wes Welker and Julien Edelman. 

With the roster the Patriots had last year, Brown said, coach Bill Belichick never would have made this move. 

Brown acknowledged that Wednesday's news will be a distraction for Patriots players, but that it's helpful that this is a bye week for New England. He said 
    the Patriots "have about two weeks to get over it," and hopefully in the long run the distraction will be less than if a disgruntled Moss stayed in New England.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

Wow...did you forget that if it wasn't for Mr. Kraft...not only would we not have 3 Super Bowl rings, but we wouldn't even have a football team to cheer for.

I'm not happy about the trade either, but let's not overreact. Sell the team? C'mon man..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Troy Brown thinks you are wrong but 95% of the people who make a living following the NFL thinks it's a horrible move by the Patriots.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: Mr. Kraft: SELL THE PATRIOTS NOW!:
    Troy Brown thinks you are wrong but 95% of the people who make a living following the NFL thinks it's a horrible move by the Patriots.
    Posted by BradyMossFan

LMAO.  95% of the people who make a living in finance, IT, retail, assembling shoes, flying airplanes, and so on think the guys who make a living playing football and running a very successful NFL franchise are wrong.

Believe it or not, I would rather see Moss here too.  I'm writing what I am because:

1. I don't believe it's the end of the world.  I wonder if anyone followed the team before Moss?  If you did, you know that we've done more with less.

2. There has to be more to this story.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3928595. Show user_3928595's posts

SOXFAN33928 you are a WHINER and a LOSER. You say you are a lifelong Pats fan? What does that encompass 15 or so years? GROW UP! I remember what it was like when the Pats were 2-12, 3-11 EVERY YEAR! You have witnessed 3 SB Championships, the Pats are perennial contenders, and you want Kraft to sell? You are an absolote idiot! Do us all a favor and jump off the bandwagon!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from norichcrybabies. Show norichcrybabies's posts

I agree 100%...

with everyone who says they don't agree with a single word of your post. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

This guy was screaming for Michael Bishop to be the QB. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Soxfan are you still whining. If you knew anything about the history of the Pats you might remember what the ownership was like before Kraft bought the team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

SoxFan I totally disagree wtih your post. That said, I have no idea what kind of a human being you are and, therefore, have no intention of hurling insults or assassinating your character.  I simply disagree with your post.

Rober Kraft is the best thing that has ever happened to the NE Pats.  Without him, we'd still be sitting on aluminum bench seats and watching a second rate brand of professional football.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEPfan4life. Show NEPfan4life's posts

In Response to Mr. Kraft: SELL THE PATRIOTS NOW!:
    I preface this comment by saying I am a life long Pats fan and always will be.  I am not jumping off the wagon, but have grown disgruntled over the last several years due to some key decisions that have been made.  1) First, we let Asante Samuel walk.  Since he left we have had a parade of has-beens and never-were's come through Foxboro in an attempt to fill his shoes.  God knows how much money, energy, and high draft picks have been wasted in an effort to find a "cheaper" version of Asante.  We should have just paid him and used those picks to improve in other areas-perhaps an OLB who can rush the passer, maybe a RB who can move the pile, or even an O-lineman who can run block?  Instead, we let Samuel walk and the D has not recovered since.  2) Lack of skilled offensive/defensive coordinators.  What the hell?  Why can't we get a decent offensive/defensive coach or two?  Does BB have to micro-manage every aspect of this team?  He didn't win three Super Bowls BY HIMSELF!  No, instead he relied on a well qualified scouting, coaching, and personnel team to build a 3x Super Bowl champ.  How well has he done since Pioli was emasculated, since Weiss and Crennel left?  How about 0 championships!  3) The draft.  Let's be honest, until this year our drafts have been lousy.  Most of the players selected are no longer on the team, or have been relegated to reserve roles at best.  Meanwhile, the Baltimore Ravens/Pittsburgh Steelers continue to stockpile talent at a blistering pace.  4)  Free agents/trades.  Do I even need to go there?  Simply put, we have struck out over the past several years in both of these areas.  5)  Logan Mankins.  We have an all-pro interior lineman who is looking to get paid market value.  Instead of rewarding him for his hard work, they try to embarrass him by demanding that he bow and kiss the feet of one Mr. Bob Kraft!  If those stories are true, Kraft needs to be ashamed of himself.  He acts like a Lord who is "allowing" his lowly peasants the opportunity to exist and thusly they should pledge a blood oath to him forever.  Wake up Bob!  Just because you have more money than anyone of us doesn't mean you are any better.  Remember what the bible says about the man who gains the whole world but losses his soul.  Besides, you are probably over leveraged like the rest of us-just to a greater degree.  To summarize, the Pats are out of touch with the modern athlete.  Gone are the days when a coach or owner could treat their players like garbage.  Today, athletes demand to be respected and treated fairly.  In most cases, this means they want to get paid and they want security.  I believe that athletes are like the rest of us, if you pay them a "fair" wage and show that you respect them, they will respond favorably.  Trying to grossly underpay them, and then minimize their contributions is a mistake they never forgive.  Because of this disconnect, it is my belief that the Pats will not win another championship in the BB era.  We will waste the remaining years our all-world QB has by surrounding him with inferior, cheap talent.  The Krafts will make a ton of money because we will continue to support our beloved Pats no matter what.  Eventually, Bob will sell them for $1.5 billion dollars and laugh all the way to the gold vault, a modern day PT Barnum.  Looks like we are the suckers! I realize this is a long rant, but I had to get this off of my chest.  I know some of you will criticize me, but if you were truly honest with yourself, you might find out that you agree with me more than you disagree.  GO SOX!
    Posted by soxfan33928

Soxfan33928

Will Los Angeles Patriots make you happy? The management knows what they are doing and "We" as fans will have to trust them.  It's a bad decision but let see at the end of the season the impact of this trade.   GO Pats!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I'm sure James Orthwein or the Sullivan family would be happy to take this team off his hands, or out of state for that matter.  That way we can watch the LA Patriots on satellite TV or listen to them on the radio when there are no more sell outs. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Im mad about us losing moss for a thrid round pick that mey very well end up being the last pick in the round.

We have the personel to still be good, like Brown said but we don't have the same defense like we did in the years he was refering to. We "NEED" to score a boatload of points to win, Moss gave us another threat. Methodically marching down the field was what Brown said, we got away from that at times but we still had long sustained drives this year, last year and the year before. Moss gave us a deep threat, a guy that took a safety with him and opened a lot up for the rest of the guys. That part of Moss will never be replaced.

Now, as for your rant, you are stupid. With Kraft we won 3 superbowls, without him we had zero.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

what a ridiculous rant. i'm sure you were screaming to fire BB after the mcourty pick too. where would we be without him now???

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSFAN2. Show RSFAN2's posts

SOXFAN33928 you are a WHINER and a LOSER. You say you are a lifelong Pats fan? What does that encompass 15 or so years? GROW UP! I remember what it was like when the Pats were 2-12, 3-11 EVERY YEAR! You have witnessed 3 SB Championships, the Pats are perennial contenders, and you want Kraft to sell? You are an absolote idiot! Do us all a favor and jump off the bandwagon!
    Posted by Quagmire1

Good Post ! Amen....Plenty of seats left on the bandwagon.. I remember when 9-7 was a great season. Ask him if he want's some cheese to go along with that whine...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

The sky is falling,the sky is falling !!!!
    Do yourself a favor and take a valium

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from capps. Show capps's posts

Yeah, lets go back to having the Sullivans own the team...
    Thank god you're not the owner of the Patriots.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

More whiney "fans", give me a break.  They weren't going to allow him to continue to be a cancer in the locker room and therefore they should sell the team?  Thanks for stopping by. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

More whiney "fans", give me a break.  They weren't going to allow him to continue to be a cancer in the locker room and therefore they should sell the team?  Thanks for stopping by. 
    Posted by 123meg

Better watch out. Soxfan described himself as a big hairy grizzly from whom I'd run if I saw him in an alley. I don't spend time in alleys but apparently he does. Internet tough guys---the definition of pathetic loser

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

Championships with Randy Moss - 0

Championships without Moss - 3

Trophies talk, not stats...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFCMal. Show SFCMal's posts

Posted by Quagmire1

You hit it on the nail Quagmire, I remember those lean years too, the year before we got Bledsoe and Parcell's, 1 and 15, and I watched everyone of those games. Things chaged for the better and still watch them with the same enthusiasm. This is the owner who built this team and is a fan of his team, tough decisions have to be made and that's all there is to it. And yes I was a fan of Moss, bigger fan of the New England Patriots.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Nobody has ever won with Moss.  However, they have with BB...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jazzpelli. Show jazzpelli's posts

please tell me that this a drunk post.  And as far as management being out of touch with today's athlete, it seems more than ever that today's athlete is out of touch with reality.

Sections
Shortcuts