Mr. Kraft: SELL THE PATRIOTS NOW!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Re: Mr. Kraft: SELL THE PATRIOTS NOW!

In Response to Mr. Kraft: SELL THE PATRIOTS NOW!:
    [QUOTE]I preface this comment by saying I am a life long Pats fan and always will be.  I am not jumping off the wagon, but have grown disgruntled over the last several years due to some key decisions that have been made.  1) First, we let Asante Samuel walk.  Since he left we have had a parade of has-beens and never-were's come through Foxboro in an attempt to fill his shoes.  God knows how much money, energy, and high draft picks have been wasted in an effort to find a "cheaper" version of Asante.  We should have just paid him and used those picks to improve in other areas-perhaps an OLB who can rush the passer, maybe a RB who can move the pile, or even an O-lineman who can run block?  Instead, we let Samuel walk and the D has not recovered since.  2) Lack of skilled offensive/defensive coordinators.  What the hell?  Why can't we get a decent offensive/defensive coach or two?  Does BB have to micro-manage every aspect of this team?  He didn't win three Super Bowls BY HIMSELF!  No, instead he relied on a well qualified scouting, coaching, and personnel team to build a 3x Super Bowl champ.  How well has he done since Pioli was emasculated, since Weiss and Crennel left?  How about 0 championships!  3) The draft.  Let's be honest, until this year our drafts have been lousy.  Most of the players selected are no longer on the team, or have been relegated to reserve roles at best.  Meanwhile, the Baltimore Ravens/Pittsburgh Steelers continue to stockpile talent at a blistering pace.  4)  Free agents/trades.  Do I even need to go there?  Simply put, we have struck out over the past several years in both of these areas.  5)  Logan Mankins.  We have an all-pro interior lineman who is looking to get paid market value.  Instead of rewarding him for his hard work, they try to embarrass him by demanding that he bow and kiss the feet of one Mr. Bob Kraft!  If those stories are true, Kraft needs to be ashamed of himself.  He acts like a Lord who is "allowing" his lowly peasants the opportunity to exist and thusly they should pledge a blood oath to him forever.  Wake up Bob!  Just because you have more money than anyone of us doesn't mean you are any better.  Remember what the bible says about the man who gains the whole world but losses his soul.  Besides, you are probably over leveraged like the rest of us-just to a greater degree.  To summarize, the Pats are out of touch with the modern athlete.  Gone are the days when a coach or owner could treat their players like garbage.  Today, athletes demand to be respected and treated fairly.  In most cases, this means they want to get paid and they want security.  I believe that athletes are like the rest of us, if you pay them a "fair" wage and show that you respect them, they will respond favorably.  Trying to grossly underpay them, and then minimize their contributions is a mistake they never forgive.  Because of this disconnect, it is my belief that the Pats will not win another championship in the BB era.  We will waste the remaining years our all-world QB has by surrounding him with inferior, cheap talent.  The Krafts will make a ton of money because we will continue to support our beloved Pats no matter what.  Eventually, Bob will sell them for $1.5 billion dollars and laugh all the way to the gold vault, a modern day PT Barnum.  Looks like we are the suckers! I realize this is a long rant, but I had to get this off of my chest.  I know some of you will criticize me, but if you were truly honest with yourself, you might find out that you agree with me more than you disagree.  GO SOX!
    Posted by soxfan33928[/QUOTE]
    Two of you put together is only a half wit.  This is the man who got you 3 superbowls.  Not a Sullivan.  Not an Orthwein.  Kraft.  You are a sniveler of the highest order.  He single handedly got this franchise in financial order, fields a good team every year, and has as little drama as any team out there.  We are continually winning the division and usually going deep into the playoffs.  And you snivel.  You don't even deserve to be a fan of this team.  Get bent.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from paob. Show paob's posts

[QUOTE]I preface this comment by saying I am a life long Pats fan and always will be.  I am not jumping off the wagon, but have grown disgruntled over the last several years due to some key decisions that have been made.  1) First, we let Asante Samuel walk.  Since he left we have had a parade of has-beens and never-were's come through Foxboro in an attempt to fill his shoes.  God knows how much money, energy, and high draft picks have been wasted in an effort to find a "cheaper" version of Asante.  We should have just paid him and used those picks to improve in other areas-perhaps an OLB who can rush the passer, maybe a RB who can move the pile, or even an O-lineman who can run block?  Instead, we let Samuel walk and the D has not recovered since.  2) Lack of skilled offensive/defensive coordinators.  What the hell?  Why can't we get a decent offensive/defensive coach or two?  Does BB have to micro-manage every aspect of this team?  He didn't win three Super Bowls BY HIMSELF!  No, instead he relied on a well qualified scouting, coaching, and personnel team to build a 3x Super Bowl champ.  How well has he done since Pioli was emasculated, since Weiss and Crennel left?  How about 0 championships!  3) The draft.  Let's be honest, until this year our drafts have been lousy.  Most of the players selected are no longer on the team, or have been relegated to reserve roles at best.  Meanwhile, the Baltimore Ravens/Pittsburgh Steelers continue to stockpile talent at a blistering pace.  4)  Free agents/trades.  Do I even need to go there?  Simply put, we have struck out over the past several years in both of these areas.  5)  Logan Mankins.  We have an all-pro interior lineman who is looking to get paid market value.  Instead of rewarding him for his hard work, they try to embarrass him by demanding that he bow and kiss the feet of one Mr. Bob Kraft!  If those stories are true, Kraft needs to be ashamed of himself.  He acts like a Lord who is "allowing" his lowly peasants the opportunity to exist and thusly they should pledge a blood oath to him forever.  Wake up Bob!  Just because you have more money than anyone of us doesn't mean you are any better.  Remember what the bible says about the man who gains the whole world but losses his soul.  Besides, you are probably over leveraged like the rest of us-just to a greater degree.  To summarize, the Pats are out of touch with the modern athlete.  Gone are the days when a coach or owner could treat their players like garbage.  Today, athletes demand to be respected and treated fairly.  In most cases, this means they want to get paid and they want security.  I believe that athletes are like the rest of us, if you pay them a "fair" wage and show that you respect them, they will respond favorably.  Trying to grossly underpay them, and then minimize their contributions is a mistake they never forgive.  Because of this disconnect, it is my belief that the Pats will not win another championship in the BB era.  We will waste the remaining years our all-world QB has by surrounding him with inferior, cheap talent.  The Krafts will make a ton of money because we will continue to support our beloved Pats no matter what.  Eventually, Bob will sell them for $1.5 billion dollars and laugh all the way to the gold vault, a modern day PT Barnum.  Looks like we are the suckers! I realize this is a long rant, but I had to get this off of my chest.  I know some of you will criticize me, but if you were truly honest with yourself, you might find out that you agree with me more than you disagree.  GO SOX!

Isn't it amazing! An athlete supposedly in the decline of his career can still incite such a heated response from fans, the sports media and support from his peers. 
    I'm not sure that I agree with all of what you stated, but I will say this, with the advent of the player's union, increased salaries, free agency and shrewd agents, we're looking at players who are not willing to tolerate slights by coaches and owners. Have talent, will travel! 
    The Patriots are run Bill Belichick's way and with the full support of the owners. It doesn't help matters that Bill is aloof and stone faced. These traits make for frustrating interactions with the sports public.
    Defensive coordinators no longer have to come up with schemes for Moss and focus on the rest later. Welker for all his talent is most likely looking at increased attention, which may decrease his productivity. We have young, athletic talent on both sides of the ball. If jettisoning Moss proves to have been a mistake, we'll know soon. Look for the grumbling to really blow up then. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

Are you FUC KING RETA RDED? Seriously? Kraft has been one of the best things to happen to this franchise. i hope he stays the owner forever.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

You talk like a man with a paper a@@ hole, If it wasn't for RK, we'd never even sniffed a superbowl!!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

The Patriots appeared in Super Bowl XX under their original owners, the Sullivans. Yet, this was one of only six playoff appearances in 33 years. However, since Kraft bought the team, they have made the playoffs nine times in 13 years. They have also appeared in more playoff games (19) than in the team's first 34 seasons combined (10). The team won AFC East titles in 1996, 1997, 2001, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2009 and represented the AFC in the Super Bowl in 1996 (lost), 2001 (won) 2003 (won) 2004 (won) and 2007 (lost). The Patriots finished the 2003 and 2004 seasons with identical 14–2 regular-season records, and also finished the 2007 regular season undefeated and untied; the team had never won more than 11 games before Kraft bought the team.  wikipedia

Lets see 6 playoffs 33 years before
    9 playoffs in 13 yearssince  hmmmmmmmmmm  lets see
    The Pats have a formula that they rather have 3 good players as opposed to 1 great on. This has produced 5 Super Bows in last 16 years think about that for a second more than one quater of all Super Bowls included a Kraft owned Patriots team. By the way I loved Moss while he was here but time to move on.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

Remember, Asante is the guy who let the Superbowl win go right through his hands; whiffed on that errant throw by Eli on the last drive.  He was alone with nothing but open field to the end zone ahead.  He wasn't worth what he wanted, unlike Ty Law who was.  Yeah, the drafts haven't been stellar in recent years, and Pats are kind of frugal money-wise, but they have had great and continuing success.  Kraft can stay!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

So many things wrong with this post I don't know where to start.

Soxfan - Please read apdnasty's response! 

Being honest with myself I can say this with a straight face.  You know nothing about football or the Pats for that matter.  Go back to baseball....please.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Does this mean if they don't sell you'll become a fan of another team and I won't have to read this kind of drivel anymore? Oh happy days if that were true. Please Mr Kraft DON"T sell!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Don't bet on it. Just read his past posts on this and the Sox boards. He's not happy if he isn't whining and he thinks he knows more about running teams than the guys who do it for a living.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

pink hatter

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

This guy wins the award for the most juvenile post since the Moss trade, and that's saying something! Go follow another team, loser!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Has anyone besides me noticed how much more doom and gloom there is here on our board now that the Sox' season is over?