Mr Revis is a slouch

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPat. Show NYPat's posts

Mr Revis is a slouch

"just for the record in last nights game i do believe mr revis was a slouch as he stood watching branch run down the field ( no pursuit) then woodhead (no pursuit)."
    From a Pats fan post I read on NFL site -- love it!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Re: Mr Revis is a slouch

The funniest thing is, in his media time Revis basically sold out his teammates.  He took no blame for the game, instead saying things like "...I'm just one player on this team" and "...it wasn't my fault."

Nice.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

Here's a quote:

"I did my job. I executed what the coaches wanted me to do," said Revis. "I didn't get no balls thrown to me tonight. You saw the game. It has nothing to do with me. I'm one piece of the puzzle to this team, and if the coach tells me to go play center I'm a go play center. I mean that's just what it is. I tried to execute my job the best way I can."

and the link:
    http://www.boston.com/sports/columnists/gasper/2010/12/branch_forcing.html

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Wow.

Well, this is the same guy who held out in YEAR 3! Having an ego is not a question with him, just exactly how enormous.

He may be a jerk, but I wouldn't call him a slouch. I'm willing to bet the hamstring is not 100%, and won't be all year. You need more than a week off for it to heal, and you don't get more than that during an NFL season aside from the off week. For this season, he doesn't scare me, but I expect a return to form next year. I guess we'll see.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

No one's 100% at this point in the year. He doesn't need a pats fan to make excuses.

In Response to Re: Mr Revis is a slouch:
    [QUOTE]Wow. Well, this is the same guy who held out in YEAR 3! Having an ego is not a question with him, just exactly how enormous. He may be a jerk, but I wouldn't call him a slouch. I'm willing to bet the hamstring is not 100%, and won't be all year. You need more than a week off for it to heal, and you don't get more than that during an NFL season aside from the off week. For this season, he doesn't scare me, but I expect a return to form next year. I guess we'll see.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

This should really be a shock to nobody....I believe the loss they will get from Miami next Sunday is the straw that will totally break the camels back & this group of individuals that pose as a team will go down like a sinking ship & the rats-rats-rats will miss the playoffs....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

1) held out on signing rookie contract till he could maximize his deal.

2) Just held out with I believe 3 years remaining on his rookie contract for more money.

3) After the most devastating regular season loss for the team in franchise history he comments on how he did his job.

I would say he more of an scum_bag a**hole then a slouch.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RahZid. Show RahZid's posts

[QUOTE]Wow. Well, this is the same guy who held out in YEAR 3! Having an ego is not a question with him, just exactly how enormous. He may be a jerk, but I wouldn't call him a slouch. I'm willing to bet the hamstring is not 100%, and won't be all year. You need more than a week off for it to heal, and you don't get more than that during an NFL season aside from the off week. For this season, he doesn't scare me, but I expect a return to form next year. I guess we'll see.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

You're 100% right, you don't get more than a week off to heal a hammy except for the bye.... and the 2 weeks he missed with a hamstring injury.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

Losers make excuses

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

McCourty is going to a Pro Bowl at 1/12th the cost and is a rookie.  Revis isn't.

lol

Anyone seen PhatRex?   Where are all the mouthy Jets fans who haven't liked my predictions?

Any other Pats Irrationals left?

baawhwhaah

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mr Revis is a slouch : You're 100% right, you don't get more than a week off to heal a hammy except for the bye.... and the 2 weeks he missed with a hamstring injury.

Posted by RahZid[/QUOTE]

and 10 days before this game

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

It's easy to pile on after a 45-3 beatdown . . .

but I think most of us knew that a team would beat a collection of individuals.

And Revis is just protecting his brand with his post-game comments.

Sure, he held the Jets up for ransom once already . . .

but the dude is pretty smart for not letting the fact that he has a ton of money prevent him for looking out for the next big bunch of money he might get.

Sections
Shortcuts