My 2 cents from the Denver game ( eyewitness )

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

My 2 cents from the Denver game ( eyewitness )

Just got home ...Random thoughts :

C O L D ( bordering on almost too frosty to enjoy )
    Luckily my seats were low ...felt for the blokes withstanding the wind up in the 300 secs...
    TRUE DIE HARD PATS FANS UP THERE INDEED.

Brady could have thrown for another score or two if not for :
    a) Ridley's 3rd quarter fumble coughin the rock up at the Denver 20ish.
    UNACCEPTABLE.
     (Hopefully fumbles are not going to be an issue with the promising rook. Almost worse than that is the fact that he looked like the re-incarnation of Maroney with his ill advised non-shake n bake move out in the flat ... PLEASE CATCH BALL / MOVE FORWARD )

b) O'Brien not letting Brady put it up from inside the 10 in the 4th Q .
     In the words of Spahkolie  " U  D I C K "

BRADYS PUNT :
     What - the #*%# ?
    That was bizarre.
      Brady calls time out with the Pats up by 32 with 3 mins left .
    He's met by 1/2 the coaching staff in a protracted huddle
    ( I turned to my buddy and said " What is up with special teams coach O'Brien being involved ? )
     Then as Brady turns to head back out , BB calls him back and gives a last min instruction like it's the 4th quarter of the SB with the game on the line.
      Then Brady shockingly Punts .
      Maybe they wanted to mess with opposing coaches  - giving them one more thing to gameplan for ?

The brawl afterwards was caused by one of the most glaring cheap shots Ive ever seen ...the entire stadium is glued to the area and then WAM from the blindside ( he should have been ejected on the spot )

The lone fan in the stadium who didnt catch it asked my buddy what the fight was about and he replied " The Pats O Coordinator Scott O'Brien and Josh McDaniels just got in a fist fight over the pooch punt call "
    Reply : " Really ? "

Mc D was actually REALLY visable ,  offering up info to the players .
     I wasnt expecting that ( thought he'd just be up top workin the booth )

( Note : I should have said "offering up info on the field BEFORE the game "...he wasnt on the field once the game started )

Hernandez' "prancing" into the end zone has got to stop .
    ( admitedly it wasnt over-the-top but even my 9 year old noticed it )

Not only is it borderline taunting which could potentially bring a flag - it doesnt fit with the Pats way. The guys an amazing talent but a coach or preferably a Vet has to take him aside and explain how things are done in Foxboro .
    He's young ( 22 ) He'll learn.

Didnt see as many newly grown 'Staches as I would have liked ...
    Wes has got to step up his campaign .

Finally -

There was a noticable difference to the vibe eminating from the team in warm -ups and especially just before kick-off.

THEY WERE READY TO PLAY.

It reminded me of the 2007 Cowboy game in Dallas right before they blew em up .

My conclusion ?

WE"LL BACK BABY !

( personally I'm hopin' for another crack at the G- Men )

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Re: My 2 cents from the Denver game ( eyewitness )

Nice. Eyewitness replay. And you didn't have to listen to announcers saying over and over again starting in the 3rd quarter- "when will Brady come out?"  Really?
    HA!

Punt was bizarre due to the field position, time left in game, and Brady's complete dominance of the game.

I know it was cold but  fan noise still seemed on the low side, but I wouldn't  put it past CBS to  take the fan noise down.

Broncos  do not get the "best sporstmanship award" - very cheap shots.

Didn't know McD was such a presence. Good stuff. GREAT win!

It was a "Make My Day" kinda game.  Onto to the AFC championship.

Thank you PATS!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Hernandez' goose step at the end of runs does prevent defenders coming from behind and catching his heal . I myself have done it automatically in such situations. It will be really hard to get out of his system.

I think it looks more like a taunt because with him becasue he prematurely celebrates sometimes.

If he learnes to start celebrating only after he crosses into the end zone maybe ihe can use it for the purposes of not getting tripped and it does not look like a taunt.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

The Ridley fumble seemed like it was a result of trying to fight forward in a gang tackle instead of diving to the ground.  I don't think he will be punished for the rest of the playoffs over it...too much talent to sit on the bench.  BJGE seems to be even slower lately...turf-toe or some other lingering foot injury?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Thanks for the insight, good stuff. We shouldn't overreact to Ridley's fumbling. Lots of running backs have had fumble issues, here are some examples:

• Adrian Peterson fumbled 20 times in his first three seasons.
    • Eric Dickerson fumbled 50 times in his first four years.
    • Walter Payton fumbled 35 times in his first four years.
    • Earl Campbell fumbled 31 times in his first four years. 
    • Barry Sanders averaged 6.25 fumbles per year for his career.
    • Jim Brown and Emmitt Smith each fumbled 21 times in their first four years.

These guys all ended up OK.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Thanks for the incite. I'm pretty sure they showed shots of McDanuels up in the coaches booth with a headset on all night. But, I do agree his presence was felt on the field

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to My 2 cents from the Denver game ( eyewitness ):
    a) Ridley's 3rd quarter fumble coughin the rock up at the Denver 20ish. UNACCEPTABLE. . PLEASE CATCH BALL / MOVE FORWARD ) b) O'Brien not letting Brady put it up from inside the 10 in the 4th Q  Then Brady shockingly Punts .   " Mc D was actually REALLY visable all night , frequently coming onto the field and offering up info to the players .    Hernandez' "prancing" into the end zone has got to stop . ( admitedly it wasnt over-the-top but even my 9 year old noticed it )
    Posted by CaptnFoxboro

Some peeps were favoring Ridley to be the #1 back. He has the most upside of all the RB (except for Vareen, because he hasn't been playing). That being said - he is the greenest too - and has dropped the rock a couple of times. In THIS game, no biggie cuz we had such a huge lead, BUT in a close game, might have results in disaster.

Hernandez doing his thing in the end zone is really not too different from Gronk's emphatic spike. I actually like it once in a while because it can play with opponents emotions for that game - a spike to the heart, so to speak.

I think I heard that this was NOT Brady's first time pooching it. I think it was one way to "protect" Brady from injury AND give the Broncos some pretty bad field position.

Ne wayz....my 2 cents Laughing

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

oh yeah, McDaniels was in a "sky" box also giving potential calls down to the field and observations too. I'm sure he's trying to get in the good graces of the coaches and players again before he becomes OC next season. Maybe there were some things he thought he could convey better in person vs. the sky box upstairs.

who knows, mebbe a huge bonus was involved if they won this game.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: My 2 cents from the Denver game ( eyewitness ):
    Thanks for the insight, good stuff. We shouldn't overreact to Ridley's fumbling. Lots of running backs have had fumble issues, here are some examples: Adrian Peterson fumbled 20 times in his first three seasons. Eric Dickerson fumbled 50 times in his first four years. Walter Payton fumbled 35 times in his first four years. Earl Campbell fumbled 31 times in his first four years.  Barry Sanders averaged 6.25 fumbles per year for his career. Jim Brown and Emmitt Smith each fumbled 21 times in their first four years. These guys all ended up OK.  
    Posted by Muzwell

In this game it would be overreacting, but in a close game....not so much.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Too cold to watch a footbal game in Foxboro. San Diego or Miami, yes, but not Foxboro! 

Boring blowout of a game, turned it off at halftime when the announcers tried to create imaginary story lines to keep tv viewers interested.

Bring on the Texans!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

The lone fan in the stadium who didnt catch it asked my buddy what the fight was about and he replied " The Pats O Coordinator Scott O'Brien and Josh McDaniels just got in a fist fight over the pooch punt call "
    Reply : " Really ? "

Thats excellent, you should start another thread in all caps with that!   Stash power!  I think they wanted to try the Brady punt for the other playoff teams have to think about it now I'm a little curoius if it was tried on 3rd down to eliminate the possibility of an all out blitz and Brady getting hurt if ot was 4th down.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hulk. Show hulk's posts

I was wondering how loud did it get there at the stadium? Watching the game on T.V., it looked and sounded pretty good at times.  I wanted to ask someone at the game if it was like it was back in the earlier playoff days.

I believe the Patriots will let Ridley carry the ball next week.  You could see how devistated he was after the play.  BB and the coaching staff will get his confidence up this week at practice. 

All in all what a great all around game for the Patriots.  They played like they were a TEAM again. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Too cold to watch a footbal game in Foxboro. San Diego or Miami, yes, but not Foxboro!  Boring blowout of a game, turned it off at halftime when the announcers tried to create imaginary story lines to keep tv viewers interested. Bring on the Texans!
    Posted by bluefox70

well go live in Miami and root for the loser fins!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

great win by the much better team overall. I'm just glad we played some defense.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

Thanks for the insight, good stuff. We shouldn't overreact to Ridley's fumbling. Lots of running backs have had fumble issues, here are some examples: Adrian Peterson fumbled 20 times in his first three seasons. Eric Dickerson fumbled 50 times in his first four years. Walter Payton fumbled 35 times in his first four years. Earl Campbell fumbled 31 times in his first four years.  Barry Sanders averaged 6.25 fumbles per year for his career. Jim Brown and Emmitt Smith each fumbled 21 times in their first four years. These guys all ended up OK.  
    Posted by Muzwell

They might have "ended up OK", but I hope they don't use him again till next year. You do NOT want him to fumble against the Ravens. They will see that on the video and be all over him, holding him up and stripping the ball. Use Hernandez, HE can run the ball

Funny how when the Pat's caused their guy to fumble it was ruled forward progress stopped, but Ridley was being held up by 2 guys and stripped by a third, and forward progress had been stopped., but its uled a fumble. They looked the same to me. We had 3 guys on their man too.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from intolerance. Show intolerance's posts

was there any chanting in the stands "We want Baltimore"

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Not in my area... Most of the chants were mocking Tebow. The Gronk one hand diving catch happened down in our corner and all I can say is WOW!!!! He deflected the ball to himself so he had a chance to make the catch and I still can't believe he caught that ball.
    Posted by jri37

That catch by Gronk isn't getting talked about nearly enough.
    That was an amazing, incredible catch!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Nahhhhh.  Those were the right calls on each play.  I did notice that Brady was hit late, twice, after the pass and it was not called.  Also noticed a late hit on a Pats player out of bounds.  Hernandez?  Gronk? I forgot. Also not called.  I think that is why Chung made his blatant hit, when the game was already decided. Cheap shots by Broncos in the game, right?

BTW, anybody notice how many teams shoot for Gronk's knees, from the side?  Was happening again last night.  Would you ex-players consider that cheap?

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

Lets go win the Championship game now. Need the team and Tom to play like that again. Go NE

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Too cold to watch a footbal game in Foxboro. San Diego or Miami, yes, but not Foxboro!  Boring blowout of a game, turned it off at halftime when the announcers tried to create imaginary story lines to keep tv viewers interested. Bring on the Texans!
    Posted by bluefox70

I don't get that. You'll have months and months to not watch the Pats play. For me, I watch it all even if it's 90-0.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Posted by bluefox70

Golf is a pretty cool sport. You should check it out. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

I just watched the Ridley Fumble replay .
     I was wrong in comparing it to Maroney.
     It looked worse live ...after seeing the tape -I think he was just giving extra effort to make something happen.

Also - I amended my post regarding Josh McD .
    ( Should have said he was active on the sidelines BEFORE the game - not during it ...other than when O'Brien and him went at it )

Crowd noise was solid all night.
     I think CBS may muffle the ambient crowd noise .

I asked friend it the chant of TEEE- BOWWW was easy to hear at home
    ( it was deafening in the stadium at times )
     He said you could hardly make it out

Sections
Shortcuts