My advice to real Patriot fans!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

My advice to real Patriot fans!

Real Patriot fans are the ones they spend the money on Pats jersey's, cups, seat warmers, etc.  My advice is to take the Patriots way of spending money and picking players.  Buy your Patriots gear used from Ebay or any other auctions site.  Why spend top dollar on new Patriots novelties, when older worn down items are just enough.  Kind of like the Pats offseason pickups.

Maybe then Management and everyone else will start getting the picture. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Re: My advice to real Patriot fans!

Of course, real Patriots fans are the ones that spend the most money... I guarantee the majority of fans that get the nosebleed sections at the games know more about the team and football than the fans that get the best seats. I don't know how many stupid comments I've heard from people in the best sections. I'm not saying they all are, i'm just saying a good amount.

Oh, and when I was at training camp last year a lady in front of me bought a John Lynch Patriots jersey and was so excited! She talked about it to all the people that were with her and she was so happy because he was one of the best Patriots ever. I guess she forgot he never played a regular season game with the Pats. She sure is one of the greatest Patriots fans, huh?

Or how about the guy that I saw wearing a Patriots cap? When I commented him about the game that was played earlier in the day he didn't even know the Pats won. All he said was, "oh, I just got the hat cuz I like the pattern." Definitely one of the best Patriots fans.

Seriously, you have got to be kidding me. How about respect a team that was the team of the decade, lost a lot of veterans, made the playoffs last year, and haven't even gotten to the draft yet. The offseason doesn't end this week, it ends when games start. How about you be a real fan and respect the teams decisions, or would you rather be a Raiders fan?

Unless of course this thread is all sarcasm, which I'm really hoping is the case.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

In Response to My advice to real Patriot fans!:
    Real Patriot fans are the ones they spend the money on Pats jersey's, cups, seat warmers, etc.  My advice is to take the Patriots way of spending money and picking players.  Buy your Patriots gear used from Ebay or any other auctions site.  Why spend top dollar on new Patriots novelties, when older worn down items are just enough.  Kind of like the Pats offseason pickups. Maybe then Management and everyone else will start getting the picture. 
    Posted by BBRULES23

I guess Kraft should be letting you call the shots instead of the guy who won us three Super Bowls. 

DON'T QUESTION BELICHICK!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

In Response to Re: My advice to real Patriot fans!:
    Of course, real Patriots fans are the ones that spend the most money... I guarantee the majority of fans that get the nosebleed sections at the games know more about the team and football than the fans that get the best seats. I don't know how many stupid comments I've heard from people in the best sections. I'm not saying they all are, i'm just saying a good amount. Oh, and when I was at training camp last year a lady in front of me bought a John Lynch Patriots jersey and was so excited! She talked about it to all the people that were with her and she was so happy because he was one of the best Patriots ever. I guess she forgot he never played a regular season game with the Pats. She sure is one of the greatest Patriots fans, huh? Or how about the guy that I saw wearing a Patriots cap? When I commented him about the game that was played earlier in the day he didn't even know the Pats won. All he said was, "oh, I just got the hat cuz I like the pattern." Definitely one of the best Patriots fans. Seriously, you have got to be kidding me. How about respect a team that was the team of the decade, lost a lot of veterans, made the playoffs last year, and haven't even gotten to the draft yet. The offseason doesn't end this week, it ends when games start. How about you be a real fan and respect the teams decisions, or would you rather be a Raiders fan? Unless of course this thread is all sarcasm, which I'm really hoping is the case.
    Posted by magicalhobo

1. soooo true.
    2. LMFAO. is this real?
    3. u might be a hobo, but we share the same opinion and long term, unspoiled view of the team.

good post. rip these fakes apart

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Anyone who tries and tell other people what real PATS are is a loser and a moron. Who the f*ck are you to be telling anyone how big of a fan they are? 99% of of dont know half as much as you think you do and Id love to go at it w/ any of you! Seriously anytime anyone of you " know nothings " want to see whos more knowledgable about anything PATS bring it on. Time limit on all answers , no cheating on the net or asking your lil' sister. Oh yea , one more thing , Im not 15 y/o so I wouldnt be caught dead wearing any jersey unless Im at a game or loafing at home watching one.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

Patriots football means fewer house hold names but far fewer scrubs playing key rolls.

The teams like Washington and the jets have the big names at a few positions but they have to back fill the roster with scrubs just to stay profitable.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

In Response to Re: My advice to real Patriot fans! : 1. soooo true. 2. LMFAO. is this real? 3. u might be a hobo, but we share the same opinion and long term, unspoiled view of the team. good post. rip these fakes apart
    Posted by btownteamsrking

Haha, thanks.

Yeah, everything there is true. They were selling the Jerseys for $10 or something like that and this lady was there with some other people and they couldn't believe they were only $10. They were the printed ones that are usually around $70ish, not the nice embroidered ones. They all got lynch jerseys since it was such a good deal. I couldn't believe it. Then, I had to listen to them discuss the players on the team. Welker caught a nice TD pass from Brady and one of the ladies said, "That was a good catch! I hope he makes the team!" One even had the nerve to ask why Brady was wearing a knee brace. "I hope he didn't hurt himself!" Sad... Here's one of the pics I took at training camp so you know I'm legit and live in the area, unlike some of these fakes.

I have some horror stories of things I've heard at training camp...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to My advice to real Patriot fans! : I guess Kraft should be letting you call the shots instead of the guy who won us three Super Bowls.  DON'T QUESTION BELICHICK!
    Posted by themightypatriotz

yeah but someone will pick that fact apart, and cry that BB hasn't done much latley. they lose faith. they listen to the media and jests fans and think 2007 was the end of the dynasty. 

i could see if he had back to back 8-8 seasons.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

Being fiscally prudent while building an empire is something to admire. We could go back to the Victor Kiam days and overspend, lose and be the laughingstock of the league.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Damn hobo you are my hero. I'm hoping this year I can get some time off and see some preseason stuff myself

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Damn hobo you are my hero. I'm hoping this year I can get some time off and see some preseason stuff myself
    Posted by PatsEng

I'd recommend it. I've been going for years now and it's always great. It's free entry and there's no way you can get a bad spot. They practice on the fields just outside the stadium and there's bleachers and a nice hill you can sit on. Sometimes they practice kicking field goals at the hill and you can catch the kicks. It's also almost impossible to not get an autograph. I have a hat with Bruschi's, Vrabel's, and Izzo's autographs on it. Pretty nice. Definitely try to get a weekend or something off. There's also an Olive Garden and a couple other places at Patriots Place you can eat at if you're hungry and some good places to shop while the Pats aren't practicing.

Here's one more pic for you

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

Being fiscally prudent while building an empire is something to admire. We could go back to the Victor Kiam days and overspend, lose and be the laughingstock of the league.
    Posted by HRK103

Your right, I admire the fiscal prudence of the Pats so much that I plan on implementing this year.  I'm only buying used Patriot jersey and novelties.

Hey, does anyone have an old David Patten jersey they want to sell? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

In Response to Re: My advice to real Patriot fans! : Haha, thanks. Yeah, everything there is true. They were selling the Jerseys for $10 or something like that and this lady was there with some other people and they couldn't believe they were only $10. They were the printed ones that are usually around $70ish, not the nice embroidered ones. They all got lynch jerseys since it was such a good deal. I couldn't believe it. Then, I had to listen to them discuss the players on the team. Welker caught a nice TD pass from Brady and one of the ladies said, "That was a good catch! I hope he makes the team!" One even had the nerve to ask why Brady was wearing a knee brace. "I hope he didn't hurt himself!" Sad... Here's one of the pics I took at training camp so you know I'm legit and live in the area, unlike some of these fakes. I have some horror stories of things I've heard at training camp...
    Posted by magicalhobo

haha i got nothin against women fans. (who doesnt love a girl who loves watching football?). however there are times when u just say, please stop talking lol.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

In Response to Re: My advice to real Patriot fans! : haha i got nothin against women fans. (who doesnt love a girl who loves watching football?). however there are times when u just say, please stop talking lol.
    Posted by btownteamsrking

Exactly. I was with my girlfriend and she was laughing along as well. She knew who Cassel was before 08. I've been with her for four years now and I'm proud to say I converted her from a fair weather Giants fan to a die hard Pats fan.

I remember going to a Pats game vs the Jets in 06 and it was raining. When she pulled out her Poncho it turned out she brought a green one (her favorite color). Haha it was pretty hilarious, but I bought her a Pats poncho and made her stuff the green one back in her bag.

Women fans are fine with me. It was just those ones that particularly got on my nerves. I don't want to come off as sexist! Also, I did mention that guy that bought the Pats hat just because he liked the design...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I'd never spend a dime on Patriots gear so I don't have to worry about it and never complain about Patriots being cheap. I used to buy the stuff and have season tickets but they priced me out right around the building of the new stadium.

Also I've included a link to the "What is a real Pats fan" thread because that definition seems to be up for debate.

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9690Discussion%3a439b43ef-ee49-4100-bd00-8ff05b058857

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

In Response to Re: My advice to real Patriot fans! : Your right, I admire the fiscal prudence of the Pats so much that I plan on implementing this year.  I'm only buying used Patriot jersey and novelties. Hey, does anyone have an old David Patten jersey they want to sell? 
    Posted by BBRULES23

I have a Bledsoe jersey I'll sell you. I understand what your saying BBRULES, "they don't spend top dollar why should we" and about the only thing we can to is stop buying their product.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Real Patriot fans are the ones they spend the money on Pats jersey's, cups, seat warmers, etc.  My advice is to take the Patriots way of spending money and picking players.  Buy your Patriots gear used from Ebay or any other auctions site.  Why spend top dollar on new Patriots novelties, when older worn down items are just enough.  Kind of like the Pats offseason pickups. Maybe then Management and everyone else will start getting the picture. 
    Posted by BBRULES23

Wow, this is a pathetic post.....I was hoping for something interesting and intelligent....I WAS WRONG!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

I am cunfused, didn't the Pats just sign one of the best free agents on the market for top dollar?

As a matter of fact almost every year they sign one player to be one of the highest paid at that position.....MAYBE we should have let Wilfork and Bodden go....MAYBE we should have let Moss go when he was a free agent instead of making him one of the top paid WR's.....MAYBE we shouldn't sign Brady after his contract expires.....

If we didn't keep our own, you would need to e-bay for used jersies.....

We are one of the teams that spends to the cap every year, I can't stand all of this cheap talk when it isn't true.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nailz. Show Nailz's posts

My advice to you.....STOP COMPLAINING!  I cheer for the name on the FRONT of the jersey, NOT the back!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

My advice to you.....STOP COMPLAINING!  I cheer for the name on the FRONT of the jersey, NOT the back!
    Posted by Nailz

EXCELLENT POST!  Right ON!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I've had it with Kraft running this team like he owns it. I bought a Patriots hat last year, and I watched all the games (on TV, but sometimes I sat through the commercials without fast forwarding).  Last time I checked the Constitution that means that I am part owner of the team, and I am entitled to a vote on who the Patriots pick up.  Or maybe Mr. Kraft doesn't like democracy, he'd rather be the Emperor and do whatever he wants.  Kind of reminds me of a guy named Adolf.  That's right, I said it. 

It's about time we had a tea party people.  Not the kind of tea party for people who like tea, but the kind that Americans have!  Americans hate tea, so we shoot at it with fully automatic rifles.  This ofcourse sends a message.  We are angry, we are armed, and we will shoot anything, especially tea because everyone knows rich people drink tea (but not Ice Tea, Salt of the earth, hardworking, good ol boys drink iced tea).

Now if that doesn't work I'm going to enact my "ultimate mega super plan."  I will (pinkie promise) hold my breath until I die if we don't sign Terell Owens.  That's right Mr. Kraft, I will die!  How will that make you feel?  How would you like to explain to my sobbing Mom that I died because you were to self centered to make a move for a top free agent?  Yeah, try living with that on your conscience.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonPhin4. Show BostonPhin4's posts

Posted by BBRULES23

Your forgot to say invest in a team that actually has a chance in the near future by buying a Chad Henne or Sanchez jersey. Might have to actually buy that one on nflshop though. But on the bright side with all the bridge jumping Pats fans you will probably find some great deals on a pink Brady jersey on ebay!!