my choice on the 2011 raiders 1st rd pick

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: my choice on the 2011 raiders 1st rd pick

In Response to Re: my choice on the 2011 raiders 1st rd pick:
    Use it as a chip to move up this year.
    Posted by Tcal2

I'm with you...Stranger things have happened than the Raiders Making the playoffs this year especially in the weak division they play in. I've suggested this a couple of times myself.If they have a blue chipper in mind (Rookie or Veteran) and it will work for everyone I say use it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

If it's top five I could see Belichick trading down. Ideally I'd like them to replace Seymour with this pick, however, if Romeus is the next Demarcus Ware you keep that pick. I can't see BB drafting Julio Jones or Ingram while (currently anyway) there are still issues on defense. He could trade down and draft Allen Bailey. I keep getting the feeling that BB will trade down and still get the player he wants (cf: Mayo).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

So people want them to trade that pick in fear of the Raiders doing good the pick not being a top-10 pick? Come on!! NO!! I'd like to see them keep it and hope for a top-10 pick.. then grab Ingram, Romeus, P. Peterson, or Julio Jones.  Any of those would be great, but I would prefer Romeus or Jones.  Al Davis still wants Jamarcus Russell to start, so he probably will.. and he will stink up the joint as usual.
    Posted by jasonh86

It's not out of fear..If you can get a good player this year why not take it. A good player this year is just as good as a good player next year and we get him right away. If by some twist of fate the raiders have a decent season that draft pick could end up in the mid teens and everyone will be saying Belichick screwed up. If I could get someone good this year I'd take it. The West is weak and anything could happen out there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

In Response to Re: my choice on the 2011 raiders 1st rd pick : It's not out of fear..If you can get a good player this year why not take it. A good player this year is just as good as a good player next year and we get him right away. If by some twist of fate the raiders have a decent season that draft pick could end up in the mid teens and everyone will be saying Belichick screwed up. If I could get someone good this year I'd take it. The West is weak and anything could happen out there.
    Posted by ewhite1065

There are several reasons why it makes ZERO sense to use the pick or better yet think it will be used like that.  BB Specifically wanted the Raiders 2011 pick instead of the 2010 pick.  Why on earth would u take the 2011 pick if u wanted to trade into 2010? Answer, no reason at all. It would have been done at the time of the trade had he wanted to trade in this year. Next, a future pick is generally worth 1 rd lower this year...aka we would only get a second rd pick this year for the Raiders pick.  So using this pick to get an elite talent would require both this years #1 and the raiders pick, so instead of say Graham this year and Peterson next we would only get  someone like Berry, McClain or whatever in the 10-12 range unless we gave up even more picks.  So Yes,  I stand by the fact that it makes no sense at all to do that.  You are correct that a good player this year or next is virtually the same, but that is not how it would work.  No one is giving us a high 1st rd pick just for the Raiders pick next year.  Just isnt going to go down that way.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: my choice on the 2011 raiders 1st rd pick : There are several reasons why it makes ZERO sense to use the pick or better yet think it will be used like that.  BB Specifically wanted the Raiders 2011 pick instead of the 2010 pick.  Why on earth would u take the 2011 pick if u wanted to trade into 2010? Answer, no reason at all. It would have been done at the time of the trade had he wanted to trade in this year. Next, a future pick is generally worth 1 rd lower this year...aka we would only get a second rd pick this year for the Raiders pick.  So using this pick to get an elite talent would require both this years #1 and the raiders pick, so instead of say Graham this year and Peterson next we would only get  someone like Berry, McClain or whatever in the 10-12 range unless we gave up even more picks.  So Yes,  I stand by the fact that it makes no sense at all to do that.  You are correct that a good player this year or next is virtually the same, but that is not how it would work.  No one is giving us a high 1st rd pick just for the Raiders pick next year.  Just isnt going to go down that way.
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon

You need to relax a little dude

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

In Response to Re: my choice on the 2011 raiders 1st rd pick : You need to relax a little dude
    Posted by ewhite1065

+1

I'm right and everyone else's opinion is dumb and wrong.  I want to party with that dude.

Sections
Shortcuts