MY COMPLETE NFL PLAYOFF PREDICTIONS...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: MY COMPLETE NFL PLAYOFF PREDICTIONS...

Yep, I've got Patriots/Packers too and that's the only matchup I fear actually.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

Looks good to me. I like the ending of this story. Which games could get out of hand early. I think if PM finds his groove then the Colts could roll. I also see potential for NO to impose their will on the hags

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReeGzUSMC. Show ReeGzUSMC's posts

Dude! Genious! I agree with these predictions...I cant wait to watch these games play out....Going to be some good football being played!!

GO PATS!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

In Response to Re: MY COMPLETE NFL PLAYOFF PREDICTIONS...:
    [QUOTE]Yep, I've got Patriots/Packers too and that's the only matchup I fear actually.
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

of course any given Sunday is always in affect. based on that I think the eagles would give the Pats the most trouble. I did watch the GB game. But I felt like that was more of a let down game for the Pats than it was a show of power from GB..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

justme ...I actually think your right about Philly . I'm sure we would have no problem putting up 30 against their D , but the VICK factor would give me concern . We have historically had issues with mobile qbs that can use their legs to gain positive yards ( even the Bills Fitzpatrick gave us some trouble in the 1st meeting by scrambling ...as did the Lions Qb Hill in the 1st half on Turkey Day )
       Philly also has two dynamic downfield weapons in D Jax and Maclin.

I'm sure there are plenty of Falcons / Bears / Saints / fans out there that are happy that only one team between the Eagles and Pack can advance.

PS - A friend just texted me that Peter Kings SI article is out with nearly the identical Playoff predictions as myself .

Dang ...

Everybody knows he sux at predicting.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I'm not concerned about the scores you provided, but I think you got the AFC nailed. I hope it works out that way too because I believe having to beat the Ravens and the Steelers is the best route to the Superbowl for the Patriots. I actualy am really worried about this team playing like they did against the Packers and Matt Flynn if they face the Jets and Chiefs. I worry about the young players on defense not preparing properly and expecting the offense to save them if they struggle again. With the NFC I think the Packers are being overrated. They were a sexy upset pick for the super bowl last year and the looked really average with a one and done performance last year. Andy Reid is a good coach and his team has a lot of playmakers on it.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE] justme ...I actually think your right about Philly . I'm sure we would have no problem putting up 30 against their D , but the VICK factor would give me concern . We have historically had issues with mobile qbs that can use their legs to gain positive yards ( even the Bills Fitzpatrick gave us some trouble in the 1st meeting by scrambling ...as did the Lions Qb Hill in the 1st half on Turkey Day )    Philly also has two dynamic downfield weapons in D Jax and Maclin.  I'm sure there are plenty of Falcons / Bears / Saints / fans out there that are happy that only one team between the Eagles and Pack can advance. PS - A friend just texted me that Peter Kings SI article is out with nearly the identical Playoff predictions as myself . Dang ...  Everybody knows he sux at predicting.
    Posted by CapFoxboro[/QUOTE]

Regarding Peter King's bracket: that is NOT a good thing. The guy is a walking jinx. Anywhere he goes, bridges collapse, kids get hurt, and teams lose Super Bowls.

When I read that article, I threw my Blackberry...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The Saints and the Patriots in a shootout at Jimmy Jones's house. Patriots 56 Saints 49. Patriots win it on the last second TD pass from Brady to Gronkowski! All the rest of the games are meaningless, because the only one that counts is the last one.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I also think it will be either the Falcons or Saints in Dallas. If the Packers play the Saints in the NFCCG it would be in NO. Neither team has much of a ground game, so it would be a QB duel. Both have multiple playmakers, but I'd give Brees the edge. Personally, I'd like to see them beat the Colts in the AFCCG and the Saints in the SB. Finish the season by beating both participants in the last SB.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

WILD CARD

AFC

Colts 38
    Jets  13

Ravens 24
    KC       14

NFC

NO     41
    Sea.   13

GB     31
    Phi.    17

DIVISIONAL

AFC

Pit     17
    Indy   24

NE      17
    Balt    24

NFC

NO     35
    Chi     13

GB     13
    Atl     24

CONFERENCE

AFC

IND    31
    Balt    24

NFC

ATL    28  
    NO     31

SUPER BOWL XLV

Opening Line : NO by  3
     Closing Line  : NO by  3

COLTS   37
    SAINTS  24

MVP -  Peyton Manning

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Happy to be the Distributor of Mirth!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LatenightOwl. Show LatenightOwl's posts

I see the divisional matchups as:

Baltimore @ New England     NE 24-20
    Indianpolis @ Pittsburgh      PIT 27-24
    Green Bay @ Atlanta          ATL 24-17
    New Orleans@ Chicago       NO  28-17

Conference
    Pittsburgh @ New England   NE 34-21
    New Orleans@ Atlanta        ATL 23-20

Super Bowl

Atlanta Falcons             0     10     7     7  -- 24
    New England Patriots      7     7     10   14  -- 38

MVP- Tom Brady 27-40  325yds   3 TD

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Wild Card round...

Colts - 10
    Jets - 13 

Anyone who thinks Peyton is going to win this game has gotten drunk off the ESPN Kool-Aid. Peyton suks in the playoffs, especially against pressure defenses. And the Jets will man his WRs and send the house on him. Last year, the Jets only had a healthy Reevis at CB. They lost all their CBs in that game and Peyton Manning just picked on the back-ups until Ryan played zone. If you're not hitting Peyton, you're going to lose. This year, they'll attack and Cromatie owns Peyton. Cromatie WILL take Garcon out of the game and Reevis will do the same on Wayne. Tamme isn't Clark, he did a great job this year, but Dallas Clark was amazing. 

Baltimore - 35
    KC - 3 

Sorry, the Chiefs are going down. 

New Orleans - 27
    Seattle - 14

No shot for Seattle. 

GB - 14
    PHI  10

GB defense is too good for Vick and the Eagles defense is too awful. 

Divisional round...

Pats - 21
    Jets - 10

Brady figured out their defense, they don't pressure well without blitzing. Brady likes the one on one match ups on defense. 

Pitt - 14
    Balt - 10 

Pitt always eats Baltimore's lunch. Even without Rapistberger, Pitt nearly beat them early on in the year. 

Chi - 24
    NO - 14

No, New Orleans can't stop Peppers. Brady dismantled them because Brady OWNS cover-2. The Bears defense is really good. 

ATL - 24
    GB - 14

Matt Ryan already proved to himself that he can beat them. He just has to do it again. 

Conference... 

Pats - 24
    Pitt - 10 

We own Pitt, especially at the Razor. No shot for Pitt, sorry. They die. 

ATL - 14
    Chicago - 20

I trust the Bears D more than I trust ATL. 

SB...

Pats - 21
    Bears 17

SB MVP = Regular season MVP = 4 time SB champ Tom Brady. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Sam - Jules doesn't need my help, but as you can see the title of the thread is "COMPLETE" playoff predictions.  As I see it Jules was only sticking with the spirit of the thread.  Beyond that, why would you only call out Jules for this when the everyone on this thread is picking beyond "the next game". 

Anyway - as for worrying, personally, yep.  I was actually feeling ok about things until I saw that Sessions once again does not look like he will play.  Nor will Hayden.  The blow's, however, may be the loss of Diem and Rhodes for the game who also did not practice yesterday. 

To add insult to injury, the "scouts" group at ESPN ranked the position groups, coaches, and Special teams of all playoff teams (9 criteria) and the aggregated them into a ranking.  With 12 teams in the playoffs, Scouts ranked only one of the nine colts criteria above 8th (QB) and ranked 6 of the 9 criteria 10th or lower.  Aggregated, they ranked the colts 11th among the 12 playoff teams.  Not exactly an endorsement. 

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2010/news/story?id=5988263

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

Beware the trendy pick..... Everyone loves the Packers!!  Andy Reid might not do so hot in NFC title games but he is strong in opening round play-off games.  Last time I checked running the ball was pretty important in January and the Pack don't run the ball.  This game is coin flip to me but everyone falling in love with GB makes me think Philly will win.  I like the winner of this game to go all the way the Dallas.

Best scenario for the Pats is if Jets win and then Pitt knocks off Baltimore.  Baltimore is the one team that would be best for NE to avoid.

Pats over Philly 34-24

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

u've gone way ahead of yourself.. for this weekend, i now like jets,ravens,saints and philly. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReddsGhost. Show ReddsGhost's posts

Hope you're right Capt! Last summer, I predicted a 14-2 record, knew all the young talent was there but, I didn't think we'd reach the SB level until at least next year. This going to be a fun 5-8 year period!
    My son is a HUGE Green Bay fan and I told him last weekend that I wanted them to lose so they wouldn't be in the playoffs. GB is the one team that gives me the jitters.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

[QUOTE]Oh Jules, Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

Ah, Sam.  The "experts" may not have justification to choose any team but NE this year, but I can't remember a year where the playoffs were more wide open.  Lest you forget, Baltimore took NE to OT earlier on in the year.  And absent the fourth Manning interception, the 3-point victory over Indy wouldn't have happened.  And perhaps last years playoff egg laid by Brady has been purposefully erased from your memory.  In general, the Pats aren't the overwhelming favorite for the play-offs that y'all seem to think they are.  I sure hope my team makes it to Foxboro - it would be a shame to have to play Baltimore in Indy for the AFCCG...  Smile

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MY COMPLETE NFL PLAYOFF PREDICTIONS... : Ah, Sam.  The "experts" may not have justification to choose any team but NE this year, but I can't remember a year where the playoffs were more wide open.  Lest you forget, Baltimore took NE to OT earlier on in the year.  And absent the fourth Manning interception, the 3-point victory over Indy wouldn't have happened.  And perhaps last years playoff egg laid by Brady has been purposefully erased from your memory.  In general, the Pats aren't the overwhelming favorite for the play-offs that y'all seem to think they are.  I sure hope my team makes it to Foxboro - it would be a shame to have to play Baltimore in Indy for the AFCCG... 
    Posted by JulesWinfield[/QUOTE]

The operative words in your post would be"...earlier in the year"

There isn't another team that has played better than the Patriots in the second half of the year, period. I'll go with the hot team heading into the playoffs everytime.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MY COMPLETE NFL PLAYOFF PREDICTIONS... : The operative words in your post would be"...earlier in the year" There isn't another team that has played better than the Patriots in the second half of the year, period. I'll go with the hot team heading into the playoffs everytime.
    Posted by niz-58[/QUOTE]
    Niz, you are right.  You should be very confident this weekend. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MY COMPLETE NFL PLAYOFF PREDICTIONS... : Niz, you are right.  You should be very confident this weekend. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

I am. There's no way the Pats lose "this weekend".

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

Following up on the "hot" team entering the Playoffs theme - I think one of the reasons that many people are picking the Pack over Philly this weekend is due to how "cold" the Eagles seem to be entering their WC game ( That Joe Webb led Vikes Tuesday nighter was bizarre ...that stadium was flatter than a middle school dance party ) .
      That said , the team I personally fear most is the AFC team that enters the playoffs riding a 4 game winning streak.
      ( It's the same team I fear most EVERY year )
    Hint : Ask UD6.

PS - GO JETS !

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

A Pats fan picks the Pats all the way.  Jules, the Colts fan, will obviously pick the Colts all the way, even picking them to beat Pitt, in Pitt, outside in the weather, now THAT is dreaming!  Each conference has the one team most do not expect to make it out of the wild card rounds, KC and Seattle.  Outside of those two teams, each of the conference contenders has their issues and the potential to go all the way.  For now, with the way the Pats finished the season, the most consistent team in the last half of the season, I feel very confident we'll be celebrating ring #4!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Udog, i don't want to sound supportive in any way but disrespect from ESPN in a subjective ranking is probably the best news you could get. 

Their opinion is pretty close to worthless.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

AFC

Colts 23
    Jets  24

Ravens 20
    KC       23

NFC

NO     35
    Sea.   20

GB    38
    Phi.   21

DIVISIONAL

AFC