WR- Aaron Pflugrad
    WR- Tyler Shoemaker
    QB- Ryan Lindley
    QB- Austin Davis
    QB- Dan Persa
    QB- John Brantley 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Re: My Draft Board

I'm surprised at Upshaw and Cox.  I have them up the ladder a bit, out of range.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: My Draft Board:
    [QUOTE]I'm surprised at Upshaw and Cox.  I have them up the ladder a bit, out of range.
    Posted by garytx[/QUOTE]

Upshaw, Cox & Barron could all be off the board by 27, but I have them on there as I don't rule out a trade up into the early 20's. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Are you projecting Hightower as an OLB?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

If all your top 5 fell to the Pats I'd take Cox from this group.  I'm still not sold on Barron.  I'd rather take the big fish from the small pond (Cox) than the guy who is playing for the best D in the land.  Not to undersell Barron, but I can't judge him alone when he is part of such an awesome D.  Looks like some people are feeling the same way about Upshaw at the combine - might be a product of the system rather than a well-rounded product.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]Are you projecting Hightower as an OLB?
    Posted by pcmIV[/QUOTE]

I think the kid can play both inside and out in a 34.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]Are you projecting Hightower as an OLB?
    Posted by pcmIV[/QUOTE]

I think the kid can play both inside and out in a 34... very strong at the POA, can stack and shed and has experience rushing off the edge/shows upside in that area.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]If all your top 5 fell to the Pats I'd take Cox from this group.  I'm still not sold on Barron.  I'd rather take the big fish from the small pond (Cox) than the guy who is playing for the best D in the land.  Not to undersell Barron, but I can't judge him alone when he is part of such an awesome D.  Looks like some people are feeling the same way about Upshaw at the combine - might be a product of the system rather than a well-rounded product.
    Posted by nyjoseph[/QUOTE]

I like Barron a ton and think he's a day 1 starter at the NFL level.  Very versatile, moves well, reads/closes very quickly, tackles well, physical, can play deep or in the box, cover the slot etc... very well rounded player with a ton of experience in the SEC... in a BB style 34 defense nonetheless.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: My Draft Board : Upsha, Cox & Barron could all be off the board by 27, but I have them on there as I don't rule out a trade up into the early 20's. 
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

I have Barron available but you're probably right.  It will be short lived.  There are so many teams that pick just ahead of us that need a safety.  The only thing that can keep him down is if the double hernia keeps him from showing up at pro day.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I was wrong on both Hightower and Cox. I thought Cox didn't look all that special - more like a poor man's Ty Warren, then he goes out and tests very well at the combine. I thought Hightower looked heavy in his legs, kind of sluggish and was hesitating a bit at the snap - then he goes out and tested very well at the combine as well. Add the fact that both have good college production...and they look like solid safe players, with the measurables and positional flexibility everyone is looking for.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I have respected your pre-draft knowledge over the years, just curious, how have previous year's projections worked out for you? Been close at all?

Also, who've been some guys you loved that were total busts, and maybe a few that you were totally wrong in thinking they were any good.

Any guy or two that still stings you when you think about the Pats passing on them?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]I have respected your pre-draft knowledge over the years, just curious, how have previous year's projections worked out for you? Been close at all? Also, who've been some guys you loved that were total busts, and maybe a few that you were totally wrong in thinking they were any good. Any guy or two that still stings you when you think about the Pats passing on them?
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

I have respected your pre-draft knowledge over the years, just curious, how have previous year's projections worked out for you? Been close at all?ma, thanks.  Overall, I think the draft board as a whole does a very good job of identifying players that fit what NE likes to do.  As for me, I haven’t kept score per say with previous drafts, but since 2008 when I started to do most of my own research on players vs. just listening to the “experts” I did have players such as Vereen, Hernandez, Cunningham, Spikes, Deadrick, Chung, Brace, Butler, Crable and O’Connell etc. on my boards, had some others on my watch lists. 

Also, who've been some guys you loved that were total busts, and maybe a few that you were totally wrong in thinking they were any good.
    Butler, Crable & Brace are (3) kids that I thought were very good fits and I projected to NE, they clearly didn’t/haven’t worked out well.  Of the (3), I was very high on Crable.

Any guy or two that still stings you when you think about the Pats passing on them?
    Sure, a few examples would be… like most I was high on Connor Barwin, thought he was a no-brainer as a Rd 2 kid in 2009.  It took him a couple of years to develop, but he really broke out this past season.  I was also hoping to see Mike Wallace and one of the ‘SC backers in 2009 and Eric Decker in 2010… I was also very high on Jimmy Graham in 2010, but no complaints on that TE haul.  In 2011, Brooks Reed and Randall Cobb were two of my favorites and while it’s still early, both flashed some very good potential this past season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I totally agree on Mike Williams...given the Pats history of taking a real burner in the draft...and this kid ran the fastest WR time, if not overall time, in the 40 in 09. FOr a 3rd rounder, he seemed to fit the same mold as guys previously picked, but they elected to not go after him. He also had one of the best high jumps too I believe.

Crable is a tough one, without the injuries...who knows.

Thanks for sharing your insight, makes for good reads.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]I totally agree on Mike Williams...given the Pats history of taking a real burner in the draft...and this kid ran the fastest WR time, if not overall time, in the 40 in 09. FOr a 3rd rounder, he seemed to fit the same mold as guys previously picked, but they elected to not go after him. He also had one of the best high jumps too I believe. Crable is a tough one, without the injuries...who knows. Thanks for sharing your insight, makes for good reads.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

What hurts most is they took Tate (1) slot before Pittsburgh took Wallace!

Welcome, happy to contribute.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

I am still not buying this "OFFICIAL TIME" crap from the Combine.  After further consideration, I find it less accurate than the unofficial times, in fact it has twice the error as hand times.  Did anyone else notice that the official times always came back slower than the unofficial times?  I know I discussed this before but the reason is clear.  There is always a delay in the hand held human starter from when he sees movement to when he presses the watch.  If the same guy were stopping the watch, the same delay would happen at the end of the 40.  If the two errors are the same, they wash out giving the correct time.  But, when you have a hand starter but an electronic finish, you only get the delay at the start causing the slower time.  This is common sense.

The point being, all of these guys were probably about .05 seconds faster than the official time.  I just wrote the Commissioner a letter.  This frustrates me every year.  Then we see these guys go out at their Pro Day and improve on their 40 in most cases.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

MB, I like this board, however IMO that there is a good chance that Barron, Hightower, and Upshaw willl be gone. Barron and Upshaw could go between picks 10-20 and it is difficult for me to see Belichick trading that far up. Also if you look at potential trade-up partners into 15-25 range you see teams like the Jets, Chargers, Steelers, Broncos, and Bengals. Teams that should keep their current picks if the want to better their teams for a playoff run. Take Pittsburgh; they could cut Farrior (cap) and draft Hightower for less money.

You could also see a trade down if certain targeted players are gone. For example; do you draft Reyes at #31 or trade down for more picks and draft him or Smith at pick range 35-45. Again I like the board, but I see a team hawking the house to get RG III before Belichick trades up.

Also, do the Pats have any 5th or 6th or 7th round picks ? Compensatory picks? It seems like when I saw a full mock for 6th and 7th rounds the Pats have no picks. Is this true? Because they can be used as chips to trade up.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

I was going to write a piece about Kendall Wright and that if his slow 40 causes him to drop, should we take him at 27.  But, it occurred to me that maybe he was successful because he had RG3 throwing him the ball.  We can't discount the importance of a great QB padding the numbers of a WR.  We witnessed first hand what Brady did for Moss, Welker, Branch and the like.  Those players weren't as good elsewhere.

So the flip side is also true.  Having a bad college QB should mean poor production even from a potentially good receiver.  So we need to keep that in mind when evaluating a guy like Stephen Hill.  But if there is a WR who had good production with a bad QB, they should be rated higher, seems to reason. 

Justin Blackmon- Brandon Weeden ELITE, Top 5 talent
    Kendall Wright- RG3 - ELITE Heisman Winner
    Michael Floyd- Sophomore Tommy Rees had an excellent season completing 65% of his passes.
    Rueben Randle- LSU just doesn't pass the ball and Jordan Jefferson isn't likely to get drafted. 
    Stephen Hill- We all know GT's option offense doesn't lend itself to receivers putting up big numbers.  Still 28 catches is a low total but Tevin Washington is pathetic completing less than 50% of his passes.

For Randle to put up the numbers he did against college's best competition with an inferior passer is probably the most impressive thing to consider.  For me, Randle is still my favorite choice amongst the top rated receivers.  I'd take him over everyone but Blackmon.

I think I just convinced myself to make Randle our pick at 31 if we get a stud DT at 27. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from elDunker2. Show elDunker2's posts

[QUOTE]I was going to write a piece about Kendall Wright and that if his slow 40 causes him to drop, should we take him at 27.  I think I just convinced myself to make Randle our pick at 31 if we get a stud DT at 27. 
    Posted by Faucetman[/QUOTE]

We will get Lloyd in FA who will become our #1 reciever next year. So there will be NO need to draft a WR in either first or second round.  If SS Barron is available at #27 we draft him, if not we trade the pick (and stockpile as usual)and take one of 2 likely versatile DE/OLBs that will be available and fit the system at 31.
    I personnally like Andre Branch of Clemson.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]I am still not buying this "OFFICIAL TIME" crap from the Combine.  After further consideration, I find it less accurate than the unofficial times, in fact it has twice the error as hand times.  Did anyone else notice that the official times always came back slower than the unofficial times?  I know I discussed this before but the reason is clear.  There is always a delay in the hand held human starter from when he sees movement to when he presses the watch.  If the same guy were stopping the watch, the same delay would happen at the end of the 40.  If the two errors are the same, they wash out giving the correct time.  But, when you have a hand starter but an electronic finish, you only get the delay at the start causing the slower time.  This is common sense. The point being, all of these guys were probably about .05 seconds faster than the official time.  I just wrote the Commissioner a letter.  This frustrates me every year.  Then we see these guys go out at their Pro Day and improve on their 40 in most cases.

Won't get an argument from me, ha.

Let me know what Goodell says if he responds.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]MB, I like this board, however IMO that there is a good chance that Barron, Hightower, and Upshaw willl be gone. Barron and Upshaw could go between picks 10-20 and it is difficult for me to see Belichick trading that far up. Also if you look at potential trade-up partners into 15-25 range you see teams like the Jets, Chargers, Steelers, Broncos, and Bengals. Teams that should keep their current picks if the want to better their teams for a playoff run. Take Pittsburgh; they could cut Farrior (cap) and draft Hightower for less money. You could also see a trade down if certain targeted players are gone. For example; do you draft Reyes at #31 or trade down for more picks and draft him or Smith at pick range 35-45. Again I like the board, but I see a team hawking the house to get RG III before Belichick trades up. Also, do the Pats have any 5th or 6th or 7th round picks ? Compensatory picks? It seems like when I saw a full mock for 6th and 7th rounds the Pats have no picks. Is this true? Because they can be used as chips to trade up.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz[/QUOTE]

JH,
    I won't disagree, there's a possibility that a few or all of these kids could be off the board by 27.  I have them as my top 6 players that I hope to see in Rd 1, also wouldn't bet against BB trading up a few spots to land a kid that he really wants.

I do think Reyes could work his way into the back of Rd 1, yes.

NE currently doesn't own a pick after Rd 4, however I wanted to point out names that interest me outside of that range as I think there's a good chance he could trade back, pick up a few later picks at some point.  I don't believe they've been awarded any comp picks to date.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]I was going to write a piece about Kendall Wright and that if his slow 40 causes him to drop, should we take him at 27.  But, it occurred to me that maybe he was successful because he had RG3 throwing him the ball.  We can't discount the importance of a great QB padding the numbers of a WR.  We witnessed first hand what Brady did for Moss, Welker, Branch and the like.  Those players weren't as good elsewhere. So the flip side is also true.  Having a bad college QB should mean poor production even from a potentially good receiver.  So we need to keep that in mind when evaluating a guy like Stephen Hill.  But if there is a WR who had good production with a bad QB, they should be rated higher, seems to reason.  Justin Blackmon - Brandon Weeden ELITE, Top 5 talent Kendall Wright - RG3 - ELITE Heisman Winner Michael Floyd - Sophomore Tommy Rees had an excellent season completing 65% of his passes. Rueben Randle - LSU just doesn't pass the ball and Jordan Jefferson isn't likely to get drafted.  Stephen Hill - We all know GT's option offense doesn't lend itself to receivers putting up big numbers.  Still 28 catches is a low total but Tevin Washington is pathetic completing less than 50% of his passes. For Randle to put up the numbers he did against college's best competition with an inferior passer is probably the most impressive thing to consider.  For me, Randle is still my favorite choice amongst the top rated receivers.  I'd take him over everyone but Blackmon. I think I just convinced myself to make Randle our pick at 31 if we get a stud DT at 27. 

I'm with you on Randle as a player, love his combo of size, ball skills, suddenness, COD and RAC ability.  Jordan Jefferson definitely held him back.  I just don't see NE targeting a WR until Day 2 at the earliest.

I'd also prob debate you on Tommy Rees, kid won some football games, but was a TO machine and personally I hope he never see's the field again (they have some very talented young QB's in their system).  Comp % was good but he was way too erratic and made a lot of bad decisions. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cantstopme. Show cantstopme's posts

Harrison Smith looked REALLY good at the combine, especially in the positional drills, he had better foot work and hips and than most of the CB's!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]Harrison Smith looked REALLY good at the combine, especially in the positional drills, he had better foot work and hips and than most of the CB's!
    Posted by cantstopme[/QUOTE]

Thanks, feedback seems to be consistent on his combine performance.  I missed the DB portion of the combine, but luckily got to see almost every down this kid ever played at ND as I'm as big a Fighting Irish fan as I am a Patriots fan.  Kid is a good athlete, very good size, solid build, has that tough, physical blue collar mentality, has excellent instincts and is always around the football and will close quickly and violently.  He also has a ton of quality experience and will play on ST... 4 down player!

If they miss out on Barron, he's the next S on my board and would love to land him in Rd 2.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: My Draft Board *UPDATED 3/3!*

Updated 3/3!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: My Draft Board *UPDATED 3/3!*

When I was watching Shea McClellin this other kid kept flashing across the screen, he was number 90 (Winn I think)...do you know anything about him? He seemed to be getting doubled a lot and was holding his own, it looked like a lot of the plays McClellin was making was because of his help.