***My Final Mock***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

***My Final Mock***

GO PATS!

Below is my final Patriots’ mock (including options in Rd’s 4-6 where they don’t currently have picks) assuming they draft at their assigned slots.  We all know that Belichick will likely trade up and down throughout the draft:

Rd 1- DT Jesse Williams (6-3 320)- Alabama:   I haven't moved off of this pick in a long, long time... I just think his size, power, versatility, pedigree and upside makes too much sense if he's available.  Alternatives: CB DJ Hayden – DE Tank Carradine -– S Jon Cyprien - DL- Datone Jones- WR DeAndre Hopkins

Rd 2- WR  Stedman Bailey (5-10 193)- WVU:  As underrated a kid as there is in this class, IMO.  He looks like a complete WR to me:  Very good route runner, seperates consistently, excellent hands and ball skills, good quicks/RAC ability, competitive, can play on the outside, productive, good effort as a blocker, playmaker.  Alternatives:   - DT- John Hankins -  CB Darius Slay - CB - Johnthan Banks  - WR- Keenan Allen  - WR-Markus Wheaton -

Rd 3- CB Logan Ryan (5-11 192)- Rutgers:  Good size corner with adequate speed and excellent COD, he’s also a physical kid that tackles well (something BB puts a ton of value in) and is an effective blitzer off the edge.  Alternatives:  - S-Shamarko Thomas - CB/S- Sanders Commings - S Josh Evans- WR- Ryan Swope - LB Kiko Alonso

Rd 7- S Cooper Taylor (6-5 228)- Richmond:  A huge, physical safety prospect, that plays  good speed and COD for a tall player… he’s also a smart kid on and off the field and could give BB that hybrid S/LB type player to help combat today’s big/athletic NFL TE’s.  Alternative:  DE/OLB- Joe Kruger- DL- Kapron Lewis-Moore - DL- Quinton Dial - S- Orhian Johnson – RB Chris Thompson

Rd 7-WR Sam McGuffie (5-10 200)- Rice:   Elite combo of speed/quicks/COD/athleticism, he’s also relatively new to the WR position and looks like the kind of kid that BB targets with his Rd 7 picks.  Alternatives:  RB- Spencer Ware - TE- Michael Williams - WR- TJ Moe- OL- Tanner Hawkinson- QB- Sean Renfree

***Rd 4-6 Options***

CB- Kayvon Webster (could also be a Rd 3 sleeper option)

CB- Tyrann Mathieu

S- Keelan Johnson

DE/OLB- Lavar Edwards

DE/OLB- Devin Taylor

DE/OLB- Michael Buchanan

DE/OLB- David Bass

ILB- AJ Klein

DT- Josh Boyd 

DT- Abry Jones

DT- Chris Jones

WR/PR- Ace Sanders

WR- Chris Harper

WR- Josh Boyce

TE- Levine Toilolo

TE- Nick Kasa

OL- Jeff Baca

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re: ***My Final Mock***

If BB comes away with something resembling that it would appear to be quite a draft.  If BB stays in the first round (never a guarantee) I hope Williams is still available at 29.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

GO PATS!

Below is my final Patriots’ mock (including options in Rd’s 4-6 where they don’t currently have picks) assuming they draft at their assigned slots.  We all know that Belichick will likely trade up and down throughout the draft:

Rd 1- DT Jesse Williams (6-3 320)- Alabama:   I haven't moved off of this pick in a long, long time... I just think his size, power, versatility, pedigree and upside makes too much sense if he's available.  Alternatives: CB DJ Hayden – DE Tank Carradine -– S Jon Cyprien - DL- Datone Jones- WR DeAndre Hopkins

Rd 2- WR  Stedman Bailey (5-10 193)- WVU:  As underrated a kid as there is in this class, IMO.  He looks like a complete WR to me:  Very good route runner, seperates consistently, excellent hands and ball skills, good quicks/RAC ability, competitive, can play on the outside, productive, good effort as a blocker, playmaker.  Alternatives:   - DT- John Hankins -  CB Darius Slay - CB - Johnthan Banks  - WR- Keenan Allen  - WR-Markus Wheaton -

Rd 3- CB Logan Ryan (5-11 192)- Rutgers:  Good size corner with adequate speed and excellent COD, he’s also a physical kid that tackles well (something BB puts a ton of value in) and is an effective blitzer off the edge.  Alternatives:  - S-Shamarko Thomas - CB/S- Sanders Commings - S Josh Evans- WR- Ryan Swope - LB Kiko Alonso

Rd 7- S Cooper Taylor (6-5 228)- Richmond:  A huge, physical safety prospect, that plays  good speed and COD for a tall player… he’s also a smart kid on and off the field and could give BB that hybrid S/LB type player to help combat today’s big/athletic NFL TE’s.  Alternative:  DE/OLB- Joe Kruger- DL- Kapron Lewis-Moore - DL- Quinton Dial - S- Orhian Johnson – RB Chris Thompson

Rd 7-WR Sam McGuffie (5-10 200)- Rice:   Elite combo of speed/quicks/COD/athleticism, he’s also relatively new to the WR position and looks like the kind of kid that BB targets with his Rd 7 picks.  Alternatives:  RB- Spencer Ware - TE- Michael Williams - WR- TJ Moe- OL- Tanner Hawkinson- QB- Sean Renfree

***Rd 4-6 Options***

CB- Kayvon Webster (could also be a Rd 3 sleeper option)

CB- Tyrann Mathieu

S- Keelan Johnson

DE/OLB- Lavar Edwards

DE/OLB- Devin Taylor

DE/OLB- Michael Buchanan

DE/OLB- David Bass

ILB- AJ Klein

DT- Josh Boyd 

DT- Abry Jones

DT- Chris Jones

WR/PR- Ace Sanders

WR- Chris Harper

WR- Josh Boyce

TE- Levine Toilolo

TE- Nick Kasa

OL- Jeff Baca

my draft preference (not a bb guess)

rd 1: werner, carradine, okafor, hunt, datione jones in that order

rd 2 wr rogers (backup dobson, t williams, hunter, woods)

rd 3 cb (ist preference) or sppedy cover lb, safety, o line, or dt

rd 7 charles  johnson huge athletic wr from small school with great hands.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

My final one:

Rd 1- DE/DT Margus Hunt (6-8 275): This guy is just to much upside for BB to turn down. Not only is he full of potential but he is a special teams demon (17 career blocked kicks). Add 10-15 pounds and he's a 43 run stopping DE that can move inside to DT in passing downs. The better part is during the senior bowl he got great comments on his coachability and how quickly he grasped NFL concepts

Rd 2A- CB Jamar Taylor  (5-11 192):  I don't know how they will get this 2nd whether through a Mallett trade or another trade but I have a feeling they will get into the early 2nd for this kid. He's been linked to the Pats a lot and he's the typical BB type of CB. A senior who's very smart and can stay with his man. Very coachable and has great maturity

Rd 2B- WR Marcus Wheaton  (5-11 183):  Typical Pats WR, great YAC, excellent route runner, can play slot or X WR, and has a high football intelligence. He also had a very strong senior bowl and BB seems to have a fancy for senior bowl stand outs

Rd 3- WR Da'Rick Rogers (6-2 192):  They double dip at WR this year and take a fringe 1st round talent who's fallen because of failed drug test. In the late 3rd this seems like the Pats range to take this kind of chance. Rogers also fits BB's MO placing in the top 5 in the combine in the 20yrd, 60yrd, and 3 cone. He also is an excellent run blocker and doesn't mind going across the middle

Rd 7- S Cooper Taylor (6-5 228)- Richmond:  A huge, physical safety prospect, that plays  good speed and COD for a tall player… he’s also a smart kid on and off the field and could give BB that hybrid S/LB type player to help combat today’s big/athletic NFL TE’s.  (I like how MB put this)

Rd 7-QB Jeff Tuel (6-3 225):   Tuel would have been a top 5 QB in this draft if not for injury plagued 11' campaign followed by platooning as Washington planned for life without him. Technically he's sound and he has a high completion % (kind of sound like someone we know?)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Good luck MB and thanks for another year of great and useful info on some of these guys!  

Go pats!