My final predictions before the draft...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

My final predictions before the draft...

Ok, So looking at this draft and 2011 and the potential lockout and the depth this year and lack of depth in 2011 this is what I would do and what I think the Patriots will do or something very simmilar, all moves are ok draft value chart wise taking into account depth or lack of depth of 2010 and 2011 draft...

1st Round (11th Overall)-From Trade with Denver
    2nd Round (Titans 44th Overall)
    2nd Round (53rd Overall)
    3rd  Round (71st Overall) -
    From trade to Cleveland
    4th Round (119th Overall)
    5th Round (134th Overall) - 
    From trade to Cleveland
    6th Round (175th Overall) - From trade to Carolina
    6th Round (205th Compensatory for Gaffney)
    7th Round (247th Compensatory for Evans)
    7th Round (248th Compensatory for Paxton)
    7th Round (250th Compensatory for Jordan)

Patriots want to move up to grab the one guy they think will make the defense into a force so they trade their #22 and #47 to Denver for their pick at #11.

With all the compensatories and especially if they add the two picks from Cleveland trade or something simmilar I would expect them to move at least 2 of the three movable picks in rounds 6 and 7. Maybe all 3. My move would be to trade all 3 for a higher 6th round maybe.  lets say to Carolina (who with Compensatories has a couple 6th round picks) for pick #175 which has a value around 22 and our three together is valued at 19 close enough to make it work as picks moved around this late is about adding boddies that fill out a roster not likely adding a Star. 

11-CJ Spiller, RB, Clemson (or second choice) Jason Pierre-Paul, DE/OLB, South Florida
    44- Jerry Hughes, OLB, TCU (or) Ryan Matthews, RB, Fresno State

53- Andre Roberts, WR, Citidel

71- Koa Misi, DE/OLB, Utah

119- Anthony McCoy, TE, USC

134-Chris Marrinelli, OT, Stanford

175- Micah Johnson, MLB, Kentucky

205- Mike Brandtner, P, Iowa State

247, 248, 250- all these compensatories and so deep very hard to tell who is even available at this point. So throw a dart at a board and hopefully one of the three turns into something.

What do you think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

Re: My final predictions before the draft...

In Response to My final predictions before the draft...:
    Ok, So looking at this draft and 2011 and the potential lockout and the depth this year and lack of depth in 2011 this is what I would do and what I think the Patriots will do or something very simmilar, all moves are ok draft value chart wise taking into account depth or lack of depth of 2010 and 2011 draft... 1st Round (11th Overall)- From Trade with Denver 2nd Round (Titans 44th Overall) 2nd Round (53rd Overall) 3rd  Round (71st Overall) - From trade to Cleveland 4th Round (119th Overall) 5th Round (134th Overall) -   From trade to Cleveland 6th Round (175th Overall) - From trade to Carolina 6th Round (205th Compensatory for Gaffney) 7th Round (247th Compensatory for Evans) 7th Round (248th Compensatory for Paxton) 7th Round (250th Compensatory for Jordan) Patriots want to move up to grab the one guy they think will make the defense into a force so they trade their #22 and #47 to Denver for their pick at #11. With all the compensatories and especially if they add the two picks from Cleveland trade or something simmilar I would expect them to move at least 2 of the three movable picks in rounds 6 and 7. Maybe all 3. My move would be to trade all 3 for a higher 6th round maybe.  lets say to Carolina (who with Compensatories has a couple 6th round picks) for pick #175 which has a value around 22 and our three together is valued at 19 close enough to make it work as picks moved around this late is about adding boddies that fill out a roster not likely adding a Star.   11-CJ Spiller, RB, Clemson (or second choice) Jason Pierre-Paul, DE/OLB, South Florida 44- Jerry Hughes, OLB, TCU (or) Ryan Matthews, RB, Fresno State 53- Andre Roberts, WR, Citidel 71- Koa Misi, DE/OLB, Utah 119- Anthony McCoy, TE, USC 134-Chris Marrinelli, OT, Stanford 175- Micah Johnson, MLB, Kentucky 205- Mike Brandtner , P, Iowa State 247, 248, 250- all these compensatories and so deep very hard to tell who is even available at this point. So throw a dart at a board and hopefully one of the three turns into something. What do you think?
    Posted by DaBlade

Holy Cow, now thats what I call a break down. You dont happen to do Stock picks do you?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from angel3781. Show angel3781's posts

I think that moving up could be a possibility, but if the Pats were to do so I feel with 99.999% probability that it won't be for Spiller as you sugested.  Players that could be targeting could be Rolondo McClain, Jason Pierre-Paul (I sure hope not), or Dan Williams.  That said, I think only McClain is worth the move and would be a taylored made fit fot this team.

Also, I don't think Ryan Mathews makes it past San Diego in Round #1 (that move just makes too much sense given need and draft position/value etc...).  I like the Jerry Hughs pick (especially if we were to in fact land McClain by trading up).  I agree with your sentiment on targeting a 2nd round WR, but I happen to like Damien Williams better because I think his skill set fits better with this offense.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

something tells me that this is really not your final prediction.

Ok, So looking at this draft and 2011 and the potential lockout and the depth this year and lack of depth in 2011 this is what I would do and what I think the Patriots will do or something very simmilar, all moves are ok draft value chart wise taking into account depth or lack of depth of 2010 and 2011 draft... 1st Round (11th Overall)- From Trade with Denver 2nd Round (Titans 44th Overall) 2nd Round (53rd Overall) 3rd  Round (71st Overall) - From trade to Cleveland 4th Round (119th Overall) 5th Round (134th Overall) -   From trade to Cleveland 6th Round (175th Overall) - From trade to Carolina 6th Round (205th Compensatory for Gaffney) 7th Round (247th Compensatory for Evans) 7th Round (248th Compensatory for Paxton) 7th Round (250th Compensatory for Jordan) Patriots want to move up to grab the one guy they think will make the defense into a force so they trade their #22 and #47 to Denver for their pick at #11. With all the compensatories and especially if they add the two picks from Cleveland trade or something simmilar I would expect them to move at least 2 of the three movable picks in rounds 6 and 7. Maybe all 3. My move would be to trade all 3 for a higher 6th round maybe.  lets say to Carolina (who with Compensatories has a couple 6th round picks) for pick #175 which has a value around 22 and our three together is valued at 19 close enough to make it work as picks moved around this late is about adding boddies that fill out a roster not likely adding a Star.   11-CJ Spiller, RB, Clemson (or second choice) Jason Pierre-Paul, DE/OLB, South Florida 44- Jerry Hughes, OLB, TCU (or) Ryan Matthews, RB, Fresno State 53- Andre Roberts, WR, Citidel 71- Koa Misi, DE/OLB, Utah 119- Anthony McCoy, TE, USC 134-Chris Marrinelli, OT, Stanford 175- Micah Johnson, MLB, Kentucky 205- Mike Brandtner , P, Iowa State 247, 248, 250- all these compensatories and so deep very hard to tell who is even available at this point. So throw a dart at a board and hopefully one of the three turns into something. What do you think?
    Posted by DaBlade

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

In Response to Re: My final predictions before the draft...:
    something tells me that this is really not your final prediction. In Response to My final predictions before the draft... :
    Posted by sirpinochle

hmmm... well as far as who we're drafting maybe not but I meant as far as any moves to move up back or add picks for 2011 picks we own I am done with those predictions... I don't see the Patriots moving value this year to next year as the 2011 draft will be very weak and the Patriots might make 2 or 3 picks in 2011 and trade the rest into 2012. As deep as this draft is I see them maximising the picks they have and this was why I tried to narrow down what made sense as far as the type of moves I see them making and this is it.

My reasoning is this... First there is a lot of tallent available in the Patriots need areas but there are truly just a couple spots where the Patriots are in need of a starter to improve and for that reason I think if The right guy slips to the area of the 10th or 11th the Patriots work a deal with Jags or Denver to nail at least one guy who they just plug in w/o having to think about it. Then with the number of picks they have even after moving up I think they want to add a third, again to get value they wont find in the next draft maybe the next two drafts.  They can do that and add a 5th as well that they don't own by trading our first round pick to CLeveland and Cleveland will have to throw in a 2nd or 3rd in 2011 when the value might equal the pick. If not they can move it back to 2012's 1st round in 2011.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

I'D BE A LITTLE SURPRISED(IN FACT I WOULD BE SHOCKED)IF THE PATS DEALT WITH THE BROWNS UNLESS B.B. WAS CONVINCED HE COULD COMMIT UNARMED ROBBERY ANMD REALLY STICK IT TO MANGINI.ABOUT THE ONLY THING WE CAN BE RELATIVELY SURE OF IS THAT B.B. WILL PULL OFF A TRADE OR THREE BUT TO TRY TO DIVINE WITH WHO AND FOR WHAT IS LIKELY ANY EXERCISE IN ABSOLUTE FUTILITY.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsGhost. Show RedsGhost's posts

You didn't explain where the 3rd and 5th round picks came from except From Cleveland...was Cleveland bored with the draft already and simply gave us those picks?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsGhost. Show RedsGhost's posts

Also, you talked about trading the 3 round 7 picks to Carolina for a higher 6th round pick, but on your list you have Carolina's 6th rounder AND the 3 7th rounders. You either need to dump the 3 7th's on the list or dump the 6th rounder from Carolina (either you made the trade i.e a 6th rounder with no 7th rounders or you didn't make the trade i.e no carolina 6th rounders and keeping all the 7th's, can't have both.)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Anarchy99. Show Anarchy99's posts

You lost me at trading up "to grab the one guy they think will make the defense into a force " . . . and then taking a RB.  That makes no sense.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I do like yours but after reading about Oak fielding offers for the 8th and what's been floated out there he's my fantasy draft with trades, tell me what you think:

1st Round (10th Overall)-From Trade with Oak's #8 for #47, #119, and Oak's 1st 2011 to Jax for #10 and #143 
    2nd Round (Bills 41st Overall) - From Trade with Bills #22 for #41 and #72
    2nd Round (Titans 44th Overall)
    2nd Round (53rd Overall)
    3rd  Round (72st Overall) -
    From trade to Bills
    5th Round ( Jax 143rd Overall) - From trade with Jax
    5th Round (Clev 146th Overall) - From trade to Clev for #190, 229, and 231
    6th Round (205th Compensatory for Gaffney)
    7th Round (247th Compensatory for Evans)
    7th Round (248th Compensatory for Paxton)
    7th Round (250th Compensatory for Jordan)

Ok a bit confusing but trade #47 and #199 with Oak's 2011 1st pick back to Oak for #8 then sending that #8 to Jax for #10 and #143

"With all the compensatories and especially if they add the two picks from Cleveland trade or something simmilar I would expect them to move at least 2 of the three movable picks in rounds 6 and 7. Maybe all 3. My move would be to trade all 3 for a higher 6th round maybe.  lets say to Carolina (who with Compensatories has a couple 6th round picks) for pick #146 which has a value around 22 and our three together is valued at 19 close enough to make it work as picks moved around this late is about adding boddies that fill out a roster not likely adding a Star." - Really like your thinking here.  

10 - JPP, OLB, S FLorida, the Pats finally get what they need. The best projected OLB for a 3-4 in the draft. (Alt pick Dez Byrant)

41- Damian Williams, WR, USC, the Pats take a step back to their old offensive ways by getting one of the best route runners and possession recievers in the draft. (Alt pick Jerry Hughes)

44 - Alex Carrington, DE, Ark, finding a replacement for both Seymour and Warren (in the future) is hard but with Pyror showing promise platooning him with Carrington builds 2 solid DE's for the long term future. (Alt Ryan Matthews)

53- Jared Veldheer, OT, Hillsdale, might be the next Vollmer might not but having 2 huge beasts that can move on both sides of Brady is to much to pass up (no Alt from here on out cause I really want Veldheer and it's hard to predict alts after 2nd round)

72- Jimmy Graham, TE, Miami, a project with high upside that can train under Crumpler for a couple years. Perfect fit, place, and upside to take him here

143- Sean Lee, ILB, Penn, if it wasn't for knee issues he'd be in talks for a 2nd pick. Worth the risk for such a talent in the later rounds

146- Sergio Render, G, VT, could provide extra depth at the guard position behind Neal

205- Zoltan Mesko, P, Iowa State, finally a punter we can believe with a cool name too!

"247, 248, 250- all these compensatories and so deep very hard to tell who is even available at this point. So throw a dart at a board and hopefully one of the three turns into something." -agree to hard to tell but wouldn't mind if Scott Long, WR, Lou was still around.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Never up to #11 or #10.  After that, my crystal ball says, "You gotta be kidding me!"

The #22 first rounder drops to about #27 and a new third rounder.  At least one of the coaches hoping to jump up will be Norv Turner. 

One of the second rounders, probably #47, takes a walk to 2011 as a first rounder.

Another one takes a walk down to about #60 plus a late third rounder. 

One of the new third rounders shows up as a 2011 second rounder. 

An extra fourth rounder magically appears out of spare parts down in the fifth, sixth or seventh rounds. 

The other fourth rounder gets traded for one year's services from a disgruntled running back.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Anarchy... my personal thought is if CJ Spiller was there the Patriots might take him knowing they have to replace Faulk eventually and he is Faulk on steroids so to speak. He could even be the Next Chris Johnson. I won't go into that anymore that is pretty well disected but I listed Jason Peirre Paul as their likely target if he was there at 10/11 because he is a 100% fit for what Belichick wants to be able to do with his defense... Paul is a prototype elephant 3-4 who could be just as lethal in a 4-3 and we all know Belichick loves to move between fronts in a game. This would be one less piece that he would have to pull out to switch between them. I could see him being better then McGinnest at his peak. My thought is the number of very good 3-4 DE/olb's available means they will be there for the Pats throughout the second round if they chose to go for Spiller.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Oh Yeah and lets not forget every time people say Belichick won't do something he does it... He won't trade up in the 1st to draft someone... Did it, He won't draft an Olineman in the 1st... he did it, I could keep going but you get the point.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I'm not going to try and guess who BB will actually draft,but I'll offer an opinion on who the most likely trading partners will be for the Patriots. Buffalo,Washington,San Diego,Denver all of whom would be trying to move either back into the 1rst round or just trying to move up. I'm sure Jacksonville could added back into the mix but they don't own that all important 2nd round choice so their chances of acquiring a first rounder from NE are virtually non exsistant but they could gamble on acquiring a second round pick if they want to trade through the nose,by this I mean they would have too pay in multiples like a 3rd,5th,and a third next year....So though you all think they move up I'm more inclined too believe that BB will trade down if not all the way out of the first round.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsordie. Show patsordie's posts

Posted by DaBlade

And that guy is C.J.Spiller? How?

EDIT: NM. Saw your second choice and reply to an earlier post. OK.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joakimbrian. Show Joakimbrian's posts

i want jerry hughes! lets trade to the 31 pick or at the bottom in the first round and pick JERRY HUGHES!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

LOL no
    this aint happening

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

kinda a weird evalutaion of players on your behalf. I dont see Ryan matthews ever sliding into the 2nd round especially with the Chargers waiting to pounce. I also dont see Jerry Hughes falling into #44. thats definately wishing for at least a 10-15 spot slide on his stock.

I do like your thinking on the patriots trading their 2011 pick into this draft. I would be more confident in stating that they will trade their 2011 pick for a 2010 2nd round pick in the beginning of Fridays draft.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

patsordie...Holy Moses your dense...I listed JPP as the defensive player the Patriots will go after if available at 10 or 11. I also very plainly stated here and more so on other threads that I have a sneaky suspicion Belichick might be looking to draft C.J. Spiller as he can be the replacement for Faulk when he retires after this contract and until then he can be a change of pace back with Morris and Taylor being the brutes and they can even split him out on 5 wide plays.

He could be in the mix as a return guy he is a perfect fit for this offense.  Then they still can get a defensive piece with one of our 2nd round or move up using our 2011 1st rounder to move up to first pick in second round or end of first round for the DE/OLB where there will be several. 
    Reasons I am suspicious...

#1. Belichick usually drafts against what ever type people think he is and people are saying defense so I say offense.

#2. People say he won't take a RB that high (I say he will they said the same thing about him not drafting a Olineman in the first then he went out and got Mankins.) 

#3. He does have one thing he always does he drafts guys early he usually had little if any contact with... So far he hasn't been invited in for a workout. but you can bet Dabo has told him all about CJ.

#4. He tends to draft from programs/coaches he trusts... and Dabo is a guy he trusts... he is a Belichick disciple who actually had a relationship with him while at Alabama.

Maybe I am wrong but if this was something I could put money on I would... the odds are better then you think as long as CJ is there at 10 or 11.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Oh as far as Mathews being there at the end of round one or early second round... maybe he won't be but there are a few RB's equal to him that will be so either way they get a solid RB at 44 if they don't get CJ at 11.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Jason Pierre-Paul, DE/OLB, South Florida
    Very raw, explosive pass-rusher, with shades of a guy named Demarcus Ware. JPP can play the 3-4 elephant while also being big enough to stand tall against the run at the 4-3 DE position.

Jason Peirre-Paul is A perfect fit, at 6' 6" 262, to be the elephant in a 3-4 as he is a supreme pass rusher and has the ability to drop back into coverage. Teams who play 4-3 may look at him as a 4-3 end as well.

Jason Pierre-Paul: South Florida, 6-6, 265,  Pierre-Paul is a well-traveled work in progress, and the jury is out as to whether he can become something special when he settles into a full-time job in the NFL. He focused on basketball in high school until his junior season, and his learning curve in college was challenged because he had been to three schools, including two junior colleges, in three years.  But his freakish pass-rush ability is amazing, especially if he lines up in space. His first step is more of a blink-quick long jump, and keeping up with him is a major challenge for tackles. But he doesn't use his hands well to shed blockers.

Anyway here are the three blurbs I went out and grabed 2 from scouts I trust (first two) and one from one I had heard of but don't know much about.

Nothing there makes me believe he wouldn't be a Hybrid 3-4 Elephant who is equally impressive in a 4-3 setting like McGinnest was.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

Oh as far as Mathews being there at the end of round one or early second round... maybe he won't be but there are a few RB's equal to him that will be so either way they get a solid RB at 44 if they don't get CJ at 11.
    Posted by DaBlade

As I have stated in other posts, I am with you on the Spiller move. People can shoot it down all they want, but the fact is exactly what you said, and that is Belichick always picking the opposite of what everybody thinks he will. People need to realize that we have two first rounders next year. Just because RB is not the biggest hole doesn't mean he won't take one at any spot in the draft, high or low. When Bill likes somebody, he doesn't care where he takes them as long as he gets them. Spiller would make this offense way more potent. The kid has receiver skills as a RB and the speed of one too.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsordie. Show patsordie's posts

patsordie...Holy Moses your dense...I listed JPP as the defensive player the Patriots will go after if available at 10 or 11. I also very plainly stated here and more so on other threads that I have a sneaky suspicion Belichick might be looking to draft C.J. Spiller as he can be the replacement for Faulk when he retires after this contract and until then he can be a change of pace back with Morris and Taylor being the brutes and they can even split him out on 5 wide plays. He could be in the mix as a return guy he is a perfect fit for this offense.  Then they still can get a defensive piece with one of our 2nd round or move up using our 2011 1st rounder to move up to first pick in second round or end of first round for the DE/OLB where there will be several.  Reasons I am suspicious... #1. Belichick usually drafts against what ever type people think he is and people are saying defense so I say offense. #2. People say he won't take a RB that high (I say he will they said the same thing about him not drafting a Olineman in the first then he went out and got Mankins.)  #3. He does have one thing he always does he drafts guys early he usually had little if any contact with... So far he hasn't been invited in for a workout. but you can bet Dabo has told him all about CJ. #4. He tends to draft from programs/coaches he trusts... and Dabo is a guy he trusts... he is a Belichick disciple who actually had a relationship with him while at Alabama. Maybe I am wrong but if this was something I could put money on I would... the odds are better then you think as long as CJ is there at 10 or 11.
    Posted by DaBlade

Thanks for letting me know, but what do call yourself for not noticing that I did edit my earlier response immediately(before you made the psych analysis on me) to note that I saw your JPP listing and that I agree with you.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

patsordie... sorry didn't notice the edit and I was a bit frustrated (work sucked) and I was escaping online for a few minutes and then I just pinched my last nerve when I thought you were missing my point on purpose.  Not a typical day for me so I hope you accept my appology. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsordie. Show patsordie's posts

patsordie... sorry didn't notice the edit and I was a bit frustrated (work sucked) and I was escaping online for a few minutes and then I just pinched my last nerve when I thought you were missing my point on purpose.  Not a typical day for me so I hope you accept my appology. 
    Posted by DaBlade

Absolutely man - water under the bridge.

Sections
Shortcuts