my friends on the board who assured nd win and "sec is overrated", anyone willing to humble up and say maybe they were wrong?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

my friends on the board who assured nd win and "sec is overrated", anyone willing to humble up and say maybe they were wrong?

especially those who shouted the loudest?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Re: my friends on the board who assured nd win and

I just won $150 IN BWIN   :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to auchhhhhhhhhhh's comment:

I just won $150 IN BWIN   :)

good job auchhhh!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

how old is that dude. he looks 38 and is 61

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

saban is almost as dour as bb and after a nc.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

ND did best they could but the rednecks won again-hey if all i had was nascar and college football i would be great at them too!  :  )

all that's left now is for Sabin to go back to the NFL to be beat on again

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

ND did best they could but the rednecks won again-hey if all i had was nascar and college football i would be great at them too!  :  )

you kbnw you should have stopped after the word "could". i know you hate when others are sore losers. its not becoming.

and the ignorant prejudice is not something i expected from you. "the rednecks won again-hey if all i had was nascar and college football i would be great at them too"

you can do better

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

you kbnw you should have stopped after the word "could". i know you hate when others are sore losers. its not becoming.

and the ignorant prejudice is not something i expected from you. "the rednecks won again-hey if all i had was nascar and college football i would be great at them too"

you can do better

its all in good fun bredbru lighten up

tho alabama fans are the yankees fans of the sec-they are the best but also arrogant/obnoxious (pats fans??)

btw it's not "prejudice" to call someone a redneck and also it's true that they have college football and car racing and anything else is a distant second

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

you can do better

also "sore losing" would be making excuses, blaming the refs, calling alabama "lucky" and other ways to deny them their due-none of which i have engaged in so ur off base there

btw does any of that sound familiar? maybe remind u of another fanbase?  ;  )

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

you can do better

tho alabama fans are the yankees fans of the sec-they are the best but also arrogant/obnoxious (pats fans??)

btw it's not "prejudice" to call someone a redneck and also it's true that they have college football and car racing and anything else is a distant second

your definition of prejudice is different than the one i know. (notice i didnt call you racist. racism means prejudice plus institutional power of one group of people over another.)

you inded are creating a picture of everyone in the south as one caricature.

re your metaphors, you missed. research college football, notre dame is teh only possible new york yankees of college football.

other than that we have and can continue to exchange opinons and have "fun".

you are telling me to lighten up.... i can be light ......about football and fun stuff (not carricatures).

appareently bobbysu cant. 

i created one thread to talk to those who were bragging up nd (and yeah they did their best) and that tehy would win and bobbysu created a whole thread to say "stoooooooop" 

and

dont blabber over the whole board. 

really bobbysu.

be a decent human being and just say my team lost. i was wrong.

feel better jint.

the pain eventually fades. trust me, i know

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Anybody who thinks the SEC is over rated is missing something.  Just a silly thing to say right off the bat.  Saban isn't going anywhere.  This is where he's successful and it didn't transfer to the NFL very well.  Alabama is going to be very good for a while.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

you can do better

Jints, you're really starting to get annoying again.  Stop being so hypocritical and passive-aggressive all the damn time. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Did somebody in here mention the "arrogance" of Alabama fans?

That's pretty funny coming from Fightin Irish honk.

Now, I may not be the most objective person hereabouts on this subject. I was taught to scoff at Notre Dame by my father, who cited -- you guessed it -- arrogance as the reason for his disdain (although my father would never use a word like "disdain"). Most of my adult life, Notre Dame has been a running joke and I have given it much thought, beyond the occasional wry chuckle.

But here's the thing: Notre Dame fan (and I'm talking about a particular type of Notre Dame fan here, which we'll get to in a minute) continues to whinny and bray about the vaunted "tradition," despite the Irish's Keystone Kops performance in recent memory.

That is annoying.

What is also annoying is this nonsense about how Notre Dame "does it the right way." Okay, I'll cede you the graduation rates. That should be applauded, but this business of maintining its football team as a seperate entity while the university markets its "cache'" as a conference member is patently laughable. In case you didn't know, the Notre Dame volleyball team doesn't have cache' . . .  nor do the hockey or basketball teams or any of the other entities that actually deign to join in conference play.

The cache' -- and the cash -- reside solely with the football team, and that will never join your conference.

Frankly, as far as I'm concerned, Notre Dame is everything that is wrong with college football in a nutshell.

Oh yes . . .  say "hey" and by the way . . .   rooting for Notre Dame when you have no (alumni) affiliation with Notre Dame is # 117 on The List of 10,000 Things You Probably Didn't Realize Make You A Deuschebag.

That is all.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Thing is when you have a good conference/division all the teams beat up on eachother. If you look at who has the top recruiting classes every year you'll see LSU, Bama, South Carolina and Georgia in the top ten and Bama and LSU specifically in the top 3. This is not by accident. They are the top programs and, at this point, are awfully close to being springboards to the NFL. Go to school for 3 years on a scholarship then declare for the NFL draft. Any high school kid would want to go to a program that makes him essentially NFL ready. Success breeds success; the top programs will garner the top recruits.

I freely admitted that I was routing for ND primarily because all I get where I live is BIG 10 (or whatever) games and the NBC Irish coverage. That said, I also said that this game was the Tide's offensive line vs. the Irish front seven. And the Tide O Line was completely dominant (200 yrds + running + 220+ yrds passing) great run blocking/great pass blocking. Alabama is getting very close to that rarefied air (University of Miami of the Sapp, Lewis, Torretta era) where it is the biggest story in NCAA ball if some team beats them.......you expect them to be the best and to crush all opposition which is what the Tide did last night.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to p-mike's comment:

Now, I may not be the most objective person hereabouts on this subject. I was taught to scoff at Notre Dame by my father, who cited -- you guessed it -- arrogance as the reason for his disdain (although my father would never use a word like "disdain"). Most of my adult life, Notre Dame has been a running joke and I have given it much thought, beyond the occasional wry chuckle.

But here's the thing: Notre Dame fan (and I'm talking about a particular type of Notre Dame fan here, which we'll get to in a minute) continues to whinny and bray about the vaunted "tradition," despite the Irish's Keystone Kops performance in recent memory.

That is annoying.

What is also annoying is this nonsense about how Notre Dame "does it the right way." Okay, I'll cede you the graduation rates. That should be applauded, but this business of maintining its football team as a seperate entity while the university markets its "cache'" as a conference member is patently laughable. In case you didn't know, the Notre Dame volleyball team doesn't have cache' . . .  nor do the hockey or basketball teams or any of the other entities that actually deign to join in conference play.

The cache' -- and the cash -- reside solely with the football team, and that will never join your conference.

Frankly, as far as I'm concerned, Notre Dame is everything that is wrong with college football in a nutshell.

Oh yes . . .  say "hey" and by the way . . .   rooting for Notre Dame when you have no (alumni) affiliation with Notre Dame is # 117 on The List of 10,000 Things You Probably Didn't Realize Make You A Deuschebag.

That is all.

I agree wholeheartedly.  I used to cheer for Notre Dame, solely because I'm of 100% Irish descent, but the pompousness and self-righteousness of their fans has done me over.  It's sickening and downright hypocritical that they cheer on a football team and act like they're above everybody else when 2 heinous crimes were swept under the rug, solely because ND football players were involved.

I bet you guys never heard about this:

http://m.startribune.com/opinion/?id=182204731

http://deadspin.com/5897809/this-is-what-happens-when-you-accuse-a-notre-dame-football-player-of-sexually-assaulting-you

Of course you didn't.  It was swept under the rug.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Hate to say it, but Ohio State vs. Bama might have been a better match-up, but we all know that was never going to happen.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

I wanted ND to win just to have some other team not from the SEC to win. Congrats to Alabama for another dominating year.....except when they played Texas A&M and Johnny Football spanked them silly in their only loss.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

That is annoying.

That is all.

Exactly my thoughts.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Hey, teams lose, ND is over it.  Anyway....

I wonder how many players on Alabama would be accepted to play at ND?  I know this is a minor point, but, much is said about where players wind up is a function of the academic acceptance standards of a school.  Generally, when you see a player commit to ND, it is also noted they are very good on the academic side, IE - a scholar all American player.  Can the same be said for most players accepted at SEC schools?  Plus, playing in the south is a heck of a lot better than the north.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

I agree wholeheartedly.  I used to cheer for Notre Dame, solely because I'm of 100% Irish descent, but the pompousness and self-righteousness of their fans has done me over.  It's sickening and downright hypocritical that they cheer on a football team and act like they're above everybody else when 2 heinous crimes were swept under the rug, solely because ND football players were involved.

So, the ND TEAM and their players is not the cause of your disdain, huh?  The fan base does it?  There are legions of pompous fans all around the country... and you let them decide which team to support.  Go with what YOU like and don't let your neighbor sway you just to "get back at them" which is the attitude you appear to profer here.  The Pats as a team exemplify professionalism and team ethic which is great for sports, yet, many folks do not like the Pats because they win so much and they hate the "pompous" fan base of the Pats.  Just sayin'.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

So, the ND TEAM and their players is not the cause of your disdain, huh?  The fan base does it?  There are legions of pompous fans all around the country... and you let them decide which team to support.  Go with what YOU like and don't let your neighbor sway you just to "get back at them" which is the attitude you appear to profer here.  The Pats as a team exemplify professionalism and team ethic which is great for sports, yet, many folks do not like the Pats because they win so much and they hate the "pompous" fan base of the Pats.  Just sayin'.

You might have misinterpreted my post.  I am sickened by the actions of these players, and the response by many of their fans in regards to the sexual assault/rape incident.  They point their fingers at the girl instead of making the players responsible for their actions.  As many people who know ND football, "You don't mess with Notre Dame football."  The fact that many of their fans, including a couple buddies of mine, have not condemned these actions but instead deflected them, speaks volumes of some of their fanbase and their organization.

P-mike was discussing their fanbase, so I added my thoughts about the fanbase as well in regards to absolutely henious acts carried out by their football team.  Please do not think that I am dismissing the actions of these players; I am not.

And lastly, on your final point, believe me, I live it everyday down here in VA.  Most of my buddies absolutely hate the Pats because of their continued success; however, my more rational friends who admire success and professionalism have nothing but great things to say about the Pats.  They don't think that we are pompous but rather we are very fortunate to root for a franchise with continued success.  They are envious but not in a disdainful way.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Did anyone seriously think ND would win? Athletically outclassed up and down the lineups.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

IrishMob..  you should listen to the Ravens fans about the Pats up here..  I live on Kent Island in MD.  So many of them feel that AFCCG loss was due to favorable calls and think the TD catch which was stripped by the defender was a catch and if the missed FG didn't happen, the Ravens would have won the game.  I guess we feel the same about AFCCG in 2006 or the AZ game this year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to COMMIE-CONTRARIAN's comment:

contrarian knows nfl, not ncaa for basketball or football.. first rule of wisdom is to stick to what you know or do BEST! do not be bold where you have no wisdom! when right, i remind ya so when i'm wrong i'll stand up and admit it.. no cookie or soup for moi!

well props to ya for the move cc

Sections
Shortcuts