my friends on the board who assured nd win and "sec is overrated", anyone willing to humble up and say maybe they were wrong?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: my friends on the board who assured nd win and

In response to p-mike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Did somebody in here mention the "arrogance" of Alabama fans?

That's pretty funny coming from Fightin Irish honk.

Now, I may not be the most objective person hereabouts on this subject. I was taught to scoff at Notre Dame by my father, who cited -- you guessed it -- arrogance as the reason for his disdain (although my father would never use a word like "disdain"). Most of my adult life, Notre Dame has been a running joke and I have given it much thought, beyond the occasional wry chuckle.

But here's the thing: Notre Dame fan (and I'm talking about a particular type of Notre Dame fan here, which we'll get to in a minute) continues to whinny and bray about the vaunted "tradition," despite the Irish's Keystone Kops performance in recent memory.

That is annoying.

What is also annoying is this nonsense about how Notre Dame "does it the right way." Okay, I'll cede you the graduation rates. That should be applauded, but this business of maintining its football team as a seperate entity while the university markets its "cache'" as a conference member is patently laughable. In case you didn't know, the Notre Dame volleyball team doesn't have cache' . . .  nor do the hockey or basketball teams or any of the other entities that actually deign to join in conference play.

The cache' -- and the cash -- reside solely with the football team, and that will never join your conference.

Frankly, as far as I'm concerned, Notre Dame is everything that is wrong with college football in a nutshell.

Oh yes . . .  say "hey" and by the way . . .   rooting for Notre Dame when you have no (alumni) affiliation with Notre Dame is # 117 on The List of 10,000 Things You Probably Didn't Realize Make You A Deuschebag.

That is all.

[/QUOTE]

"That's pretty funny coming from Fightin Irish honk."

thats what i thought p

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

IrishMob..  you should listen to the Ravens fans about the Pats up here..  I live on Kent Island in MD.  So many of them feel that AFCCG loss was due to favorable calls and think the TD catch which was stripped by the defender was a catch and if the missed FG didn't happen, the Ravens would have won the game.  I guess we feel the same about AFCCG in 2006 or the AZ game this year.

[/QUOTE]

Yup.  Most of my friends are skins fans but I have a few that support the Baltimore Thugs and they were singing that tune all offseason.  It's comical to hear, really.  Anybody with a brain and an ounce of knowledge of football knows that that wasn't a catch.   Pathetic.

But what calls specifically were they referring to aside from their outlandish accusation of the 'completion' by Evans?  I can't remember many controversial calls, just that it was a sloppy game altogether.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thing is when you have a good conference/division all the teams beat up on eachother. If you look at who has the top recruiting classes every year you'll see LSU, Bama, South Carolina and Georgia in the top ten and Bama and LSU specifically in the top 3. This is not by accident. They are the top programs and, at this point, are awfully close to being springboards to the NFL. Go to school for 3 years on a scholarship then declare for the NFL draft. Any high school kid would want to go to a program that makes him essentially NFL ready. Success breeds success; the top programs will garner the top recruits.

I freely admitted that I was routing for ND primarily because all I get where I live is BIG 10 (or whatever) games and the NBC Irish coverage. That said, I also said that this game was the Tide's offensive line vs. the Irish front seven. And the Tide O Line was completely dominant (200 yrds + running + 220+ yrds passing) great run blocking/great pass blocking. Alabama is getting very close to that rarefied air (University of Miami of the Sapp, Lewis, Torretta era) where it is the biggest story in NCAA ball if some team beats them.......you expect them to be the best and to crush all opposition which is what the Tide did last night.

[/QUOTE]

hey hanna,

"Thing is when you have a good conference/division all the teams beat up on eachother"

tis is the thing that those who root teams in other confernces dont get,

nd may beat oaklahoma, or some other avg or above avg team (usc was below avg this year), but they dont play sec teams one after anoher where they beat the crap out of you physically and you have to still win or 1 loss can put you out of the hunt for the title  due to our crrupt system in college football.

"I freely admitted that I was routing for ND primarily because all I get where I live is BIG 10"

i truly get that and would root that way too if my allegiance were to a team outside of the sec. jsut like as a pats fans i hate the giants and baltiomore.

but if i crowed guaranteeing for 6 weeks (or 1 week for some) here on the board that nd would win and prove sec is b.s., id have to own up or hide in shame. of course those who didnt blow so hard about nd definitely would win are those who came round. respect and props to you. good luck to your teams. except the irish. they are the yankees, but worse in a "fixed" system where you dont have to be the best to play for the title (they get shots others dont becasue they are nd // nyawk yankees. 

peace

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Now, I may not be the most objective person hereabouts on this subject. I was taught to scoff at Notre Dame by my father, who cited -- you guessed it -- arrogance as the reason for his disdain (although my father would never use a word like "disdain"). Most of my adult life, Notre Dame has been a running joke and I have given it much thought, beyond the occasional wry chuckle.

But here's the thing: Notre Dame fan (and I'm talking about a particular type of Notre Dame fan here, which we'll get to in a minute) continues to whinny and bray about the vaunted "tradition," despite the Irish's Keystone Kops performance in recent memory.

That is annoying.

What is also annoying is this nonsense about how Notre Dame "does it the right way." Okay, I'll cede you the graduation rates. That should be applauded, but this business of maintining its football team as a seperate entity while the university markets its "cache'" as a conference member is patently laughable. In case you didn't know, the Notre Dame volleyball team doesn't have cache' . . .  nor do the hockey or basketball teams or any of the other entities that actually deign to join in conference play.

The cache' -- and the cash -- reside solely with the football team, and that will never join your conference.

Frankly, as far as I'm concerned, Notre Dame is everything that is wrong with college football in a nutshell.

Oh yes . . .  say "hey" and by the way . . .   rooting for Notre Dame when you have no (alumni) affiliation with Notre Dame is # 117 on The List of 10,000 Things You Probably Didn't Realize Make You A Deuschebag.

That is all.

[/QUOTE]

I agree wholeheartedly.  I used to cheer for Notre Dame, solely because I'm of 100% Irish descent, but the pompousness and self-righteousness of their fans has done me over.  It's sickening and downright hypocritical that they cheer on a football team and act like they're above everybody else when 2 heinous crimes were swept under the rug, solely because ND football players were involved.

I bet you guys never heard about this:

http://m.startribune.com/opinion/?id=182204731

http://deadspin.com/5897809/this-is-what-happens-when-you-accuse-a-notre-dame-football-player-of-sexually-assaulting-you

Of course you didn't.  It was swept under the rug.

[/QUOTE]

i have to say irish mob, i have a policy of not reading or reponding to you beacuse of teh profanity and disrespect i see you hurl at others (even after i pointed it out and requested you stop). but i have to respond to your passinig along this extremely important informatin about this injustice. when facts like these are buried, people's lives are at stake and violence can continue unabated (like child molestation and rape). worse, those who commit think they can get away with it. thank you for mkaing this known here. i hope you shout it everywhere you can so it can become known everywhere. certain universities make rape and its spread possible and ruin the lives of women (and their loved ones) forever. 

thank you

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

That is annoying.

That is all.

[/QUOTE]

word mike

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

Hate to say it, but Ohio State vs. Bama might have been a better match-up, but we all know that was never going to happen.

[/QUOTE]

that may have been better game but oregon and tex a and m deserved it more than ohio state i thought. why do big 10 and big 12 not play any tough teams esp when the teams in their league have down years and are weaker. fbs rewards teh footbalkl team that plays the weakest schedule with a natl title game

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Did anyone seriously think ND would win? Athletically outclassed up and down the lineups.

[/QUOTE]

hey low, yes many here bragged over the board that nd would win, including yesterday afternoon

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to LittleTimmy31's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I wanted ND to win just to have some other team not from the SEC to win. Congrats to Alabama for another dominating year.....except when they played Texas A&M and Johnny Football spanked them silly in their only loss.

[/QUOTE]

i can hear timmy rooting agaisnt sec if yorue nto sec.

i love a and m, but they didnt spank bama silly. they just barely beat them. earned that.

i thoght tehy may have even beat tehm in a title game. maybe. but we'll nver knwo becasue of corrupt college football

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey, teams lose, ND is over it.  Anyway....

I wonder how many players on Alabama would be accepted to play at ND?  I know this is a minor point, but, much is said about where players wind up is a function of the academic acceptance standards of a school.  Generally, when you see a player commit to ND, it is also noted they are very good on the academic side, IE - a scholar all American player.  Can the same be said for most players accepted at SEC schools?  Plus, playing in the south is a heck of a lot better than the north.

[/QUOTE]

yes you are right different schools have diff academic standards. 

sec also though is not a monolith. they are different schools. 

your point is taken.

but as you read irish's post, nd is not uncorrupt. they will apparently do anythighn to chase teh dollar as well. sad. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

[QUOTE]

Hate to say it, but Ohio State vs. Bama might have been a better match-up, but we all know that was never going to happen.

[/QUOTE]

Smart man right there. ^.   Meyer got that team playing.  With better recruiting this year expect ohio state to be a force.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Smart man right there. ^.   Meyer got that team playing.  With better recruiting this year expect ohio state to be a force.  

[/QUOTE]

wasnt happy u got meyer.

surely expect them to improve

what happens to meyer if he does have success. he left florida due to his heaath/stress/serious

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

ND is at a big disadvantage. They expect their players to be able to count to three.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

ND is at a big disadvantage. They expect their players to be able to count to three.

[/QUOTE]

but apprently doesnt care if they rape fellow classmates (and protects them)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

ohio state didnt belong in the convo imo hannah, they nearly got beat by lowly iindiana 52 to 49 was it?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

especially those who shouted the loudest?

[/QUOTE]

ND did best they could but the rednecks won again-hey if all i had was nascar and college football i would be great at them too!  :  )

all that's left now is for Sabin to go back to the NFL to be beat on again

[/QUOTE]

you kbnw you should have stopped after the word "could". i know you hate when others are sore losers. its not becoming.

and the ignorant prejudice is not something i expected from you. "the rednecks won again-hey if all i had was nascar and college football i would be great at them too"

you can do better

[/QUOTE]

also "sore losing" would be making excuses, blaming the refs, calling alabama "lucky" and other ways to deny them their due-none of which i have engaged in so ur off base there

btw does any of that sound familiar? maybe remind u of another fanbase?  ;  )

[/QUOTE]

yes plenty in any fan base

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't know that anything with the word "Alabama" in it should be pointing fingers at anybody about exploiting other people.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't know that anything with the word "Alabama" in it should be pointing fingers at anybody about exploiting other people.

[/QUOTE]

explain.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Email    

The Alabama man who rubbed his genitals on a drunken LSU football fan at the Bourbon Street Krystal Burger after the 2012 BCS Championship game was sentenced Thursday to spend two years in prison. Brian Downing, 33, pleaded guilty last month to two obscenity counts and agreed to the deal, skirting a trial on his original charge of sexual battery, a possible 10-year sentence and registration as a sex offender.

The sentence -- basically a formality -- was imposed by Criminal Court Judge Karen Herman. Herman called Downing a "bully," adding: "You chose wisely to enter into this plea bargain. The actions that you took on Jan. 9 of this year were morally reprehensible, there's no way around it."

Neither Downing nor the victim spoke.

Was justice served in Brian Downing's case? Yes
    No
    Undecided
    Other:
    Vote View Results
    Quantcast   <a href="http://polldaddy.com/poll/6728581/">Was justice served in Brian Downing's case?</a>

The incident, just before midnight on Jan. 9, was caught in a video that went viral across the internet. It showed Downing surrounded by a chanting crowd of red-clad Alabama fans celebrating their victory over LSU.

The drunken LSU fan appears to be alone, passed out on a counter. He remained slumped across the table as the Alabama group balanced food containers on him and shouted "Roll Tide!"

Downing, in the video, then pulls his genitals from his pants and rubs them across the man's neck.

The YouTube video spread across the Internet, finally reaching Downing's cousin, Russell County, Ala., Sheriff Heath Taylor, who called Downing's father and encouraged him to turn himself over to the law.

He was charged with sexual battery and obscenity, facing up to 10 years in prison and registration as a sex offender if convicted at trial. But last month, Downing reached an 11th-hour plea deal with prosecutors just before his trial was set to begin.

He agreed to plead guilty to two counts of obscenity in exchange for a two-year sentence. He will not be required to register as a sex offender under the terms of the deal. His lawyers have said he could be out of prison in nine months.

The victim -- who is not being named by The Times-Picayune -- has filed a lawsuit against Downing and the fast-food chain

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to 56redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Email    

The Alabama man who rubbed his genitals on a drunken LSU football fan at the Bourbon Street Krystal Burger after the 2012 BCS Championship game was sentenced Thursday to spend two years in prison. Brian Downing, 33, pleaded guilty last month to two obscenity counts and agreed to the deal, skirting a trial on his original charge of sexual battery, a possible 10-year sentence and registration as a sex offender.

The sentence -- basically a formality -- was imposed by Criminal Court Judge Karen Herman. Herman called Downing a "bully," adding: "You chose wisely to enter into this plea bargain. The actions that you took on Jan. 9 of this year were morally reprehensible, there's no way around it."

Neither Downing nor the victim spoke.

Was justice served in Brian Downing's case? Yes
    No
    Undecided
    Other:
    Vote View Results
    Quantcast  <a href="http://polldaddy.com/poll/6728581/">Was justice served in Brian Downing's case?</a>

The incident, just before midnight on Jan. 9, was caught in a video that went viral across the internet. It showed Downing surrounded by a chanting crowd of red-clad Alabama fans celebrating their victory over LSU.

The drunken LSU fan appears to be alone, passed out on a counter. He remained slumped across the table as the Alabama group balanced food containers on him and shouted "Roll Tide!"

Downing, in the video, then pulls his genitals from his pants and rubs them across the man's neck.

The YouTube video spread across the Internet, finally reaching Downing's cousin, Russell County, Ala., Sheriff Heath Taylor, who called Downing's father and encouraged him to turn himself over to the law.

He was charged with sexual battery and obscenity, facing up to 10 years in prison and registration as a sex offender if convicted at trial. But last month, Downing reached an 11th-hour plea deal with prosecutors just before his trial was set to begin.

He agreed to plead guilty to two counts of obscenity in exchange for a two-year sentence. He will not be required to register as a sex offender under the terms of the deal. His lawyers have said he could be out of prison in nine months.

The victim -- who is not being named by The Times-Picayune -- has filed a lawsuit against Downing and the fast-food chain

[/QUOTE]

thanks. this crime explains how alabama is like notre dame protecting rapists on their football team from facing consequences for their rapes?

Sections
Shortcuts