My humble synopsis of the game, from a new friend

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from In_BB_We_Trust. Show In_BB_We_Trust's posts

My humble synopsis of the game, from a new friend

You could say I'm a regular here like the rest of you all but chose to be a reader and held back my posts untill now. 

Here it goes folks...

I still think its too early to throw Gotskowski out of Boston, hes still a high percentage kicker and has been one of the best in the league for a while now. Let's wait and see how his early-mid season struggles pan out...

Brady CANNOT throw an accurate deep ball anymore. I know he still does not have that elite down field reciever that will make all of those splashy plays, but every game at least once or twice he will get a man open downfield and overthrow his reciever. Something I believe he needs to work on.

This defense is on its way to being top tier in the NFL. Mayo played well and I dont think he deserves any of the scrutiny some of you folks like to give him. He is a sound tackler and a key leader in our defense. Spikes and Wilfork are having their best year in my opinion. Dennard is improving week by week and I love Talib on the other end, he is for sure a ball hawk. Still disagree with most of you guys it looks like on his tackling skills. I may be wrong, but we'll see. 

Brady did not have his best day today but he played well enough. The offensive line struggled early with Miami's pass rush, but got it's groove back when it counted most with the running game.

I agree we need to establish the run early... don't understand what Mcdaniels was thinking for most of the game... Brady was getting killed out there... too much shotgun.

I believe we need to use Vereen more, but not out wide at split end. I understand he works best in space but I think because of his size it will be hardest to get him the ball when hes lined up on the outside as a split end.

Love Ridley even though he has atleast two or three plays in which he tries to cut outside and looses yardage. He always fights for extra yards and I believe is a fantastic premiere back.

Any thoughts?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from In_BB_We_Trust. Show In_BB_We_Trust's posts

Re: My humble synopsis of the game, from a new friend

Maybe substitute him for Woodhead? I'm not sure because Woodhead has proven to make plays in key situations for us like last years superbowl and some key third downs this year.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Interesting.  I hope you post more, curious to read more of your thoughts.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from In_BB_We_Trust. Show In_BB_We_Trust's posts

Haha no I'm not rusty although I got the idea of the name from him when that was his screen name a long ways back. Im just a student in New Hampshire but from New York... consiquently the Pats are my life haha

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

In response to In_BB_We_Trust's comment:

Brady CANNOT throw an accurate deep ball anymore.

Nice try Rusty.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Hmmm, agrees with Rusty.  What does that say?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from In_BB_We_Trust. Show In_BB_We_Trust's posts

haha you guys will see. I dont usualy agree with everything he says and I know he likes to call a lot of people out on here and it does get nasty sometimes lol... I try to keep it all about the pats seeing as thats the reason were all here right now...

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from In_BB_We_Trust. Show In_BB_We_Trust's posts

But back to the pats...

I think the one piece were missing on our defense is a hard hitting safety, like a Bernard Pollard type. Not only does he make plays but his presence alone has to be a thought in recievers' minds coming into his area. 

I like Steve Gregory, but I think he is undersized for the NFL and quite honestly sometimes he shy's away from a big hit. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I agree with most of your points.  BUT I do think they tried to run early and couldn't, and decided to just put points on the board and run later when the D wore down more.  They did exactly that.  No point bashing your head against a brick wall if you can just go around it.  I liked much of what I saw out of the defense, except Talib looking too much like McCourty.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to Davedsone's comment:

I agree with most of your points.  BUT I do think they tried to run early and couldn't, and decided to just put points on the board and run later when the D wore down more.  They did exactly that.  No point bashing your head against a brick wall if you can just go around it.  I liked much of what I saw out of the defense, except Talib looking too much like McCourty.  

What happened to your grand farewell from the board a few weeks ago?  I thought you were done here because everyone was bickering all the time.  You even went out of your way to start a thread about it...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to themightypatriots' comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

Hmmm, agrees with Rusty.  What does that say?

Does Rusty like you?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Russ got banned again? What happened? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from In_BB_We_Trust. Show In_BB_We_Trust's posts

In response to Davedsone's comment:

Agreed and it will be important to establish a solid run game early next weekend because if they're forced to pass everydown Brady's going to have a tough time with Houston's pass rush.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

SOOOOOOOOOOO sick and tired of junior and his idiotic fake accounts.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ejb222. Show ejb222's posts

I like Vareen too. I would like to see a bit more split back formations with both Ridley and Vareen back there. With Gronk out, this will help to secure LBs. YOu can run with either and both can catch in the flat or on a wheel. I'm not saying to make this your base formation, but it could be a good change from having Fells on the field consistantly. Actually not a bad package to have fells on the line strong right with Hernadez and Welker to the left with Ridley and Vareen in the backfield split behind Brady under center....seems pretty versatle.

But good call with Mayo. I think people underrate him because he's not flashy, but he is solid and consitant. Best LB on the team for sure. The screen he blew up in the second half was a huge play.

Sections
Shortcuts