My Keys to the Game - Big Game Predictions!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

My Keys to the Game - Big Game Predictions!

Offense - The whole game hinges on the big uglies up front. I believe that out the bye week, the Pats come out slinging it in the gun and exposing the weak secondary. (cover your eyes rusty) we looking at 40 plus. quick throws to beat the rush, maybe vareen as lead back.

Not gonna be much running till after we seal it. Screens and quick passes. mix in runs.

Defense - Load UP on the RUN!  This is a RUNNING TEAM. LOAD UP , make Cam throw the ball. If Pats cant stop run early, its gonna be a long night.

Big Game prediction

Offense - Brady, Amendola, Vareen. O line has to play above their heads

Defense - Harmon, Spikes... I believe these two have to have a monster game in order to win. Our line cant stop the run so extra bodies are needed. Nink and CJ will have to be discipline in their rushes and keep Cam in the pocket.

Pats pull away late

27-13

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Re: My Keys to the Game - Big Game Predictions!

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Offense - The whole game hinges on the big uglies up front. I believe that out the bye week, the Pats come out slinging it in the gun and exposing the weak secondary. (cover your eyes rusty) we looking at 40 plus. quick throws to beat the rush, maybe vareen as lead back.

Not gonna be much running till after we seal it. Screens and quick passes. mix in runs.

Defense - Load UP on the RUN!  This is a RUNNING TEAM. LOAD UP , make Cam throw the ball. If Pats cant stop run early, its gonna be a long night.

Big Game prediction

Offense - Brady, Amendola, Vareen. O line has to play above their heads

Defense - Harmon, Spikes... I believe these two have to have a monster game in order to win. Our line cant stop the run so extra bodies are needed. Nink and CJ will have to be discipline in their rushes and keep Cam in the pocket.

Pats pull away late

27-13

[/QUOTE]

Wendell needs to allow Brady to step up he can not be pushed directly back into Brady's face.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Yeha, I was saying that earlier. Interior line play will be crucial in both running and passing. 

Slot pla will be huge, because in order to tire out a four man rush you need to keep making them work but keep moving the chains. 

Defense needs to contain the run on first and second down and stick Newton with long yardage where he needs to throw. Gap discipline is huge too. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Welp the line def. had  few hiccups in the first half but overall they settled in. ridleys fumble was a killa but were good. just rusty. if the d holds to a fg and we get it crankin, my prediction will stand.

need to adjust and hunker down on D and spread em out on O n go w/vareen, blount, vareen when running.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

That was a tough one but we did have our chances. Can't be mad at that.  I think the biggest play for us was joshy calling a shot to the endzone on 3rd and one after Blount was ripping them for 5 yards every run and they were reeling. That was the ball game. Instead of running for a 1st down and continuing to run until we scored , killin' a couple more minutes, cam would have  had to go 80 plus yards to score in 2 or 3 minutes. Instead we made a very quick to call to kick a fg on 4th and one as if they planned on getting right back to the endzone again. Very strange set of events there that really did us in.

Yes the refs scr*wed us in the end and we should have  had one more play from one yard out but even thats no garauntee with that team so no use crying about refs, they aint gonna change the game so time to move on because forehead and baldy are coming to town.

I liked the 2nd half adjustments and the way they catered to blounts running style with power plays instead of stretrches n the D hung in there but once again talib couldnt finish which likely changed our scheme. Good effort but i knew this would be a tough game. They have a lot of weapons but still play the balance. They actually play how we should be playing, and did play minus the option stuff obviously, but we just didnt execute as much and the fumble was the difference as well as that bad call on 3rd n one

Time to get ready for Denver

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

That was a tough one but we did have our chances. Can't be mad at that.  I think the biggest play for us was joshy calling a shot to the endzone on 3rd and one after Blount was ripping them for 5 yards every run and they were reeling. That was the ball game. Instead of running for a 1st down and continuing to run until we scored , killin' a couple more minutes, cam would have  had to go 80 plus yards to score in 2 or 3 minutes. Instead we made a very quick to call to kick a fg on 4th and one as if they planned on getting right back to the endzone again. Very strange set of events there that really did us in.

Yes the refs scr*wed us in the end and we should have  had one more play from one yard out but even thats no garauntee with that team so no use crying about refs, they aint gonna change the game so time to move on because forehead and baldy are coming to town.

I liked the 2nd half adjustments and the way they catered to blounts running style with power plays instead of stretrches n the D hung in there but once again talib couldnt finish which likely changed our scheme. Good effort but i knew this would be a tough game. They have a lot of weapons but still play the balance. They actually play how we should be playing, and did play minus the option stuff obviously, but we just didnt execute as much and the fumble was the difference as well as that bad call on 3rd n one

That was two redzones...actually < 10 yrd line coming away with 3 points total.

Secondly defense had them stopped but got burned 3x  by Cam runs. Notice each run the pocket was not collapsed with keeping the edge. One was an extended play but a lunging DE going past CAM left daylight around the side each time. This could have been avoided.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That was two redzones...actually < 10 yrd line coming away with 3 points total.

Secondly defense had them stopped but got burned 3x  by Cam runs. Notice each run the pocket was not collapsed with keeping the edge. One was an extended play but a lunging DE going past CAM left daylight around the side each time. This could have been avoided.

[/QUOTE]

well one in particular was when hightower looked like we was doing a delayed blitz but at the last minute left a gaping hole for cam to go thru while he got caught up inside for no reason. Hi job was likely to protect that gap or act as a spy but he forget who he was playing against. He had a poor game and showed me NO effort outside of trying to stop the run. At 270 lbs the pats need to decide what they want him to be. He isnt a 4-3 olb imo right now in this passing league. They need to put him on the line and let him rush the passer. He is lost and disinterested right now. We gave up other runs being in man coverage and noone seeing him take off. We can def. play it better. I saw a stunt which was like seeing a comet and it ended with a sack. Need more of that.

Sections
Shortcuts