my keys to the game....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

my keys to the game....

I am leaving for the game soon . My 3 keys to the game for what its worth. 1 ) I feel we need to have Blount / Ridley/ Bolden /Vareen run the ball 30-35 times collectively ..... 2) we have to get off the field on third down ....this always seems like an issue and when I look at the scoreboard and its 3rd and 17 ...someone alway converts...dont know the stats and we cant be very good at it....3) is the obvious .TURNOVERS ....with the bad weather they are gonna happen ...its just a matter of them doing more ...which the Colts are last in the league at turnovers ...and penaltys for that matter.......enjoy the game Pats faithful.....I know I will........we are blessed to have a great coach and qb..........Its not gonna last forever.........Pats 31...Colts 21

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Re: my keys to the game....

I going also will be leaving to tailgate around 3 or so. 

You hit the nail on the head regading 3rd down defense. It has become an issue over the course of he 2nd half of the season. With the wind and weather forecast, turnovers are going to be a major factor in this game. IMHO it is about being mentally tough in regards to the weather and holding on to a slipperry ball.

Try to stay dry and warm!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

look for them to take away or limit Hiltons touches , others like Fleener , Brazil and do I dare say Branch will have chances to make plays. It is nasty out here...........

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to EASON11's comment:

look for them to take away or limit Hiltons touches , others like Fleener , Brazil and do I dare say Branch will have chances to make plays. It is nasty out here...........

The wind has really kicked up. IMHO I think the weather is going to be  bigger factor than most thought.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

the weather will be a factor.....there is a wind advisory till midnight

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

The key battle when the Colts are on Offense is:

Donald Brown, Andrew Luck, and Coby Fleener vs. the Pats' bevy of back-up LBs.  You're going to see Luck running like it's the SB, whereas the O has typically been designed to have him run as a last resort.  That's my bold prediction, anyway...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to EASON11's comment:

the weather will be a factor.....there is a wind advisory till midnight

I posted this under the Game Thread and felt a good copy & paste here.

Amazing that 3000 miles apart in the NE & NW the weather is practically the same.

In Seattle the weather conditions could be less than ideal. For the two hours leading up to kickoff, the weather forecast shows a 100 percent chance of precipitation and there is no sign of the rain slowing down during the game.

Up until 7 p.m. local time, there is a 70 percent chance of precipitation which means the field conditions could be sloppy and players could have difficulty finding their footing.

To make matters worse, wind gusts in the afternoon could be reaching up to 30 miles per hour.

As a 49er fan, Pats' fan 1st, I'm rooting for the Saints. Could be a longshot but I want a Pats-49ers SB. In last 2 years the Giants( won NFC title game) & Ravens(won AFC title game) both prevented SF & Pats from winning the SB.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

[/QUOTE]

You have a CFL player at LB, Angerer is done and whoever else you have there, blows. Your D is also poor vs the run because they;re playing a 3-4 the wrong way. It's a finesse, GB Packers style 3-4 where your edge setting abilities blow.

This is why we blasted Denver with the run or Balimore. Von Miller, DUmervil, etc, are only pass rushers like Clay Matthews or Mathis.

[/QUOTE]

Hahaha.  You wish the Patriots had a single LB as good as the Colts' "CFL player"!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Given the weather presently and as forecasted, the team that runs the ball best will probably win.  Got to think the passing game and kicking games will suffer in this rain and wind gusts.  Turnovers (fumbles) may be an issue also - GO PATS!

Sections
Shortcuts