My last attempt here before I decide to leave...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Re: My last attempt here before I decide to leave...

I believe they are referring to RidewithKing--I myself don't have a problem with any poster-heck it's football we are talking about, not saving the World hunger crisis. I would think if a person doesn't care for someones thread then skip over it and address the people you resonate with-no big deal? Can't understand why some allow other people to get them all worked up? I'm sure we all have some real problems like keeping our jobs, paying bills, finding affordable healthcare, etc. I enjoy this forum to get away from the drudgery-to me it's enjoyable and at times very insightful.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

TFB12 your a good poster and I usually enjoy reading your posts. But, quite frankly, you sound like Babe in this thread! Take a deep breath and repeat after me...."goosefraba!" haha Dont let Rusty get to you keep posting good stuff man!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

I also enjoy your posts and cool pics TFB-nothing outside yourself can effect you unless YOU let it-hang around, you're kind of a staple on the board. Everyone has a right to their opinion and everyone has a right to disagree with said opinion. That's why I served my Country back in the 70s for the right to have freedom of speech, for ALL American Citizens. Plus it's gonna be real hard to stay away once the draft gets here-this site is addicting once you're hooked it's tough to let it go-take a break fine but to leave for good now that's another story-hope you stick -GO Pats!!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I blog on more than a dozen sites, and have so for over 15 years.

I have never, nor would I, put anyone on ignore. It simply makes no sense to me.

Don't respond, presto, their on ignore.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

TFB... Ignore is by no means perfect. Don't expect it to be because you will be disappointed. It does help some. What helps most for me is learning to mentally ignore (i.e., ignore not through the tool).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

TFB12, as the leader of the BDC FFL, you need to stick around so I can defend my title this season...

I used to get upset about a lot of the things Babe Parilli would write on here. He, along with the other guy that everyone keeps mentioning (but who can't seem to understand that his personality and writing style really grate on people), are the posters who I think make things way too personal in their attacks on other posters. But then I thought, wtf do I care what anyone else posts on here. I enjoy reading other peoples thoughts and opinions about the team. I try to only post when I have something different or humerous to say (there is NO topic here I feel compelled to respond to EACH and EVERY other post). And when the discussion heads down insult boulevard or I'm smarter than you street, I take an exit (unless someone is dissing my 1010 SAT scores)...

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

TFB... Ignore is by no means perfect. Don't expect it to be because you will be disappointed. It does help some. What helps most for me is learning to mentally ignore (i.e., ignore not through the tool).

Yes I agree. I have had "he who ruins every thread" on ignore for a while, but I still see his moronic comments attached to other posts. 

I am enjoying the boards more however only seeing very few of his comments 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

TFB go ahead and stick around. 

I'm not a fan of the "I'm leaving" announces unless it's actually "so long" and "for good" and the poster never comes back. Otherwise this kind of post costs you a lot of credibility. 

I enjoy your photos and your sense of humor. I think you took the Welker thing way too hard, though I understand, but at some point you have to wait on these judgements until some games are actually played. 

Despite that, you've been a valuable poster here and by all means should stick around....

I'm not sure if I agree Rusty is a troll, he does have some trollish tendencies, particularly his rigid decisions on certain issues that seem to have closed his mind to real discussion and how he gets into personal feuds with other Pats fans beyond what is needed to discuss football, but he does also represent some points of vlew well in this board and unlike some other fools on this board he is a passionate football fan. You two actually have a lot in common - you took the Welker loss way too hard and he has taken our Super Bowl losses way too hard. 

But sure, try ignoring him. The forum is bigger than any one person and you have that right. 

It would be a sad day when any Pats fan left due to other genuine Pats fans. You are both that, despite your huge differences on certain issues. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

People aren't always going to agree on everything, that's just life. When the board becomes an irrational shouting match is when I tend to tune out. If you can attain and maintain a cogent argument or debate then I usually listen or read, however, when posters resort to name-calling it denigrates the forum a little to the point it more resembles a twitter fight between Star Wars fans with everyone claiming to know more than Emperor Belichick. I suspect,as fans, nearly everyone wants to see the team succeed, but, believe or not, their success is clearly not predicated on the coalesced opinions of fans.  If it was Mazz would be running the Red Sox and Zolak would run the Patriots. Thank god this never happened. Maybe temper some comments with humor and throw in some old school references and enjoy the dialogue.

I have absolutely no explanation as to why fans of other teams troll here. I have no time for people who pop off about how great their team is and why anyone and everyone should hail them as great. To reiterate, I have never, nor will I ever go to another team's board and talk smack or write some vitriolic diatribe about why and how their team s--ks; just seems like a waste of time and energy. Any information I glean will be from a source other than some drunken, irrational yahoo who didn't get the call into Francesca this morning and can't what to voice his attention starved opinion.

You want discuss BB converting from a 4-3 base to a 3-4 base, then I'll read. Same goes with trades and the draft. Just try not to dwell on negativity.....it's exhausting and at some point (just like in real life) people get tired of negativity coupled with egotism and vitriol.

Just my two cents.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Hey guys, thanks for the cool posts.  No, this wasn't an attempt to get attention, I have other ways to do that, hahahahahaha!  This is more of a hey, here is a big problem type post.  Since I have been here, I have seen a lot of good posters leave, and it's getting worse.  There are certain people driving good posters away.  I have noticed so much garbage here over the last few weeks, more so then ever before and this place used to be much better then it currently is.

Sure, I'm probably a little to blame too and I didn't like how it was getting, I enjoy good discussion, fun discussion, not back and forth arguments all day long, every day.  So it's either time to use the ignore feature and hope it works or time to do something else.  Hopefully the ignore feature works because I really enjoy this place and most everyone here.  I must say so far, so good.  I should have used the ignore feature a few weeks ago.  Sorry to all that was offended by any of my posts the last few weeks.  

There have been several heated arguments over the last few weeks by several people here so I hope others will take this approach and use the ignore feature on certain people too.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:

WHAT?? NO BB riding the Bear? You cant leave, take it easy my friend. Relax.
    You know TFB12 that Photo saved me from going crazy that day with my wife. She was going nuts on me, saw that Photo, and really you helped me. Laughed so hard, she just left me alone.

No, no no, hang around for the fun.

I remember that day, That was awesome when you told me about it and I will never forget that.  I laugh about that day everytime I come accross that photo, LOL!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CornHole12. Show CornHole12's posts

Typical whining from patsie girls... Carry on!    Cry

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:

TFB12, as the leader of the BDC FFL, you need to stick around so I can defend my title this season...

I used to get upset about a lot of the things Babe Parilli would write on here. He, along with the other guy that everyone keeps mentioning (but who can't seem to understand that his personality and writing style really grate on people), are the posters who I think make things way too personal in their attacks on other posters. But then I thought, wtf do I care what anyone else posts on here. I enjoy reading other peoples thoughts and opinions about the team. I try to only post when I have something different or humerous to say (there is NO topic here I feel compelled to respond to EACH and EVERY other post). And when the discussion heads down insult boulevard or I'm smarter than you street, I take an exit (unless someone is dissing my 1010 SAT scores)...

I think my writing style is clean, concise and articulate backed by facts, reality and reason.

But, to each his own.

I think some just don't like the content of my opinions. Sometimes the truth hurts.

Here is an direct example of the crap that you post every day in almost every thread that RUINS the board for everyone. Its not clean, concise, based in fact, reality or reason. Its a rambling rant that is a direct attack on someone, actually multiple people. If you would grow TF up and stick to talking about football instead of insulting people, maybe fewer people would be so sick of seeing your name all over the boards.

"Do you realize how ridculous you sound?  All we've heard about since SB 42 is how evil BB is and how bad of a GM and coach he is BECAUSE he is a defensive coach.

You're not fooling anyone.

In fact, all people like you do is enable absolute morons like Bdbreu. Ask Bdbreu where he went to college and what he does for a living. I bet he won't answer. He won't answer such a simple question because he's a 20 year old kid who lives with mommy and works part time at a convenience store.

Yet, Bbdreu is warning BB and us that BB had a mistake not paying Brent Grimes 5 million to compete with Arrington in the nickel or back up Talib? Dumbest premise ever.

The picture isn't complete yet!  Deepest FA pool in years.

All this knee jerk analysis is that of a 12 year old.  It's pathetic for any adult to agree with Bdbreu here. Ever."

GET IT???

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurienyc13. Show laurienyc13's posts

Living in NYC & being a die hard Boston fan I take it as a compliment that people take the time to post on this board and pretend to be fans just to get a reaction, I proudly wear my team hats into my local Starbucks and get a comment or two each time, doesn't bother me one bit..In fact I enjoy it, if people take all of this so serious than they need to get a life. While I get upset when my teams lose or favorite players leave I understand that it's a business plus with the current state of our Country it seems kinda trivial... 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

Yes I agree. I have had "he who ruins every thread" on ignore for a while, but I still see his moronic comments attached to other posts. 

I am enjoying the boards more however only seeing very few of his comments 

This is hilarious right here, folks.^^

We have a guy who works for ESPN and has used this board for 3 years to promote the Jets via ESPN's orders, while he bashes BB.

Yet, you still won't follow our bet paramters fairly like an adult.

Start a thread right now for who people like more, you or me. Go ahead and do it.

Yes!! I'm going for rkarp's!

This is what I find funny..."Yet, you still won't follow our bet paramters fairly like an adult.". You tell someone they're not acting like an adult, then you suggest a thread started to see who's more liked and popular. Childish behavior from our village idiot. 

This type of behavior can't be made up...it just can't. I could search the entire internet and not find a moron as big as you:)   This is a special place - the village idiot ensures that.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Hey guys, thanks for the cool posts.  No, this wasn't an attempt to get attention, I have other ways to do that, hahahahahaha!  This is more of a hey, here is a big problem type post.  Since I have been here, I have seen a lot of good posters leave, and it's getting worse.  There are certain people driving good posters away.  I have noticed so much garbage here over the last few weeks, more so then ever before and this place used to be much better then it currently is.

Sure, I'm probably a little to blame too and I didn't like how it was getting, I enjoy good discussion, fun discussion, not back and forth arguments all day long, every day.  So it's either time to use the ignore feature and hope it works or time to do something else.  Hopefully the ignore feature works because I really enjoy this place and most everyone here.  I must say so far, so good.  I should have used the ignore feature a few weeks ago.  Sorry to all that was offended by any of my posts the last few weeks.  

There have been several heated arguments over the last few weeks by several people here so I hope others will take this approach and use the ignore feature on certain people too.

Here's your problem tfb12...you started having an opinion. Once you did that and stopped just posting funny pictures, rusty jumped all over you. See when you were providing nothing but the pictures and a feel good/everything is just ducky attitude, he didn't notice and didn't feel the need to police you and try to call you a troll. Now that you don't just sit there and guzzle koolaid, he get's upset...it happens to everyone with him.

Think of it this way, the only people that really agree with him are his fake accounts and a few people that quite frankly are afraid that he'll start picking on them. Don't let him ruin your time on here - no one gives a crap what he says - there's a reason why he posts 500 hundred argumentive posts a day...he's a moron.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

All hail the king!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

So, you're in favor or enabling trolls, people who spam with stupidity (Bdbreu and others) and not challenging that stupidity?

Bdbreu is notorious for having paragraphs for thread titles, being ultra negative and showing absolutely no understanding of basic economics and a salary cap, yet the board is supposed to put up with that? 

How about he learn something for once?! It won't hurt the young, little guy. lol

He's one of those people who are Felger and Mazz's wet dreams.

Yet, you want this to thrive here?  Why?

You are obviously very knowledgable on several subjects but the way you deliver your message leaves a lot to be desired. Different points of view for different fans. Why can't you just let all of these grudges go and interact with the fans you do enjoy?

Here's an idea, don't even read threads started by bredbru if they bother you that much. I've been frequenting this place a lot less lately because of the constant back and forths you have to sift through to find the posts worth reading. 

I have to say though, I think its hilarious how despised you are on the Bruins forum as well.

Here's a typical thread:

Poster X shares opinion

Rusty replies

Poster Y agrees with Rusty

Jints jumps in and accuses poster Y of being Rusty

Poster Z begs everyone to just get along

Argument goes on for 5 pages and some good posts get lost in the debris...

Now that I'm done giving my two cents, feel free to call me a milennial dork :)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

Over on the sox board it's like an English croquette match compared to the gladiator gut slicing that occurs over here on occasion. Better than The Walking Dead sometimes! 

Sections
Shortcuts