My last attempt here before I decide to leave...

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: My last attempt here before I decide to leave...

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

Personally, I think it's all in good fun . . . I enjoy the back and forth . . . it's sort of like the argument guys on Monty Python . . . 

It's beyond back and forth, it's every post he makes.  It's like he thrives on conflict.  Almost to the point of him posting lies just to get people to disagree.  It's one giant troll job.  If he really, truely believes 100% the things he posts then he really is an ignorant, tow the company line fan.  When someone has to lie in order to try and validate his opinion, and can't admit to being wrong when proven so with factual documentation, and keeps his argument going despite being proven wrong, then there is no hope in getting into a good discussion with him.

I don't think you can take Rusty too seriously.  Sometimes he makes valid points, sometimes he's just spouting crappola.  But most of the time the substance of what he says isn't really the point . . . it's more like he's arguing just for the sake of arguing. If you're in the mood for that, no harm engaging him.  If you're not, just ignore him.  It's just like Monty Python . . . 

I don't argue just to argue. Go look at the Alan Branch thread "Somethign the Board Overlooked" thread, for example.

Literally, 3 people, 2 of them the typical morons (RKrap and Mt Hurl) on economics and cap management completely ignored the reality of why the market is different in 2011 than what it is now, didn't read or want to understand why.

THey want to believe 2+2 = 5 and I am the problem when I know 2+2 = 4? 

It's fine to disagree, but those two (with Pats Lifer pulling the up the rear), either don't get it, don't want to get it and enjoy being ignorant bufoons or are trolls, which we know RKrap and Mt Hurl effectively are.  They just come in with "BB is a big meanie, Kraft is cheap, etc".  Handwringing, sky is falling type commentary as a way to take the anti-BB media bait and spam the board, effectively ruining it for the fans.

These threads should end when any person comes in a makes a strong post. But, they don't.

It's a way for the person who appears to have not done their homework to deflect and spam their way out of it.

So in a free agency period where everyone has mounds a salary cap space, it's too rich to spend 3 million dollars on a quality defensive lineman? God you crack me up! We are not talking about the difference of paying a guy in 1985, 3 million, and a guy from today three million...we are talking about two years ago us paying 4 million for a washed up, ineffective, do nothing Shaun Ellis for 4 million and Buffalo paying 3 million for a guy in his prime. Sorry, but when the league salary cap space average is 9.9 million four weeks AFTER free agency began, spending 3 million on a quality, young defensive tackle is not too rich. What did they/could they of overpaid in terms of money? Five hundred grand? Nothing? Three million? No one knows, and what the hell does Buffalo care? They have cap space...lots.

Hey, how did the league salary cap average become so high when everyone was supposed to be in salary cap hell?

I am not even saying Ellis wasn't overpaid for what he brought. Go read that entire post of mine that you failed to read.

The reason why you didn't iss becuase it exposes your shortsighted take on this whole thing, meaning you lost.

As for us, in a loaded DT draft, and a bloated DT market currently, yes, 3 million is too much for Branch which is why Jax, NE and Minny let Buffalo take him.

Not hard to understand for those who are educated. In essence, we could afford to take on salary off the lockout due to our 2010 and 2011 GREAT overall draft yield, and because we didn''t overspend on an unknown market past 2010 and 2011.  Plus, Ellis wanted a ring. BB overpaying him a bit didn't affect our budget, cap management or playing in the SB waiting for our stars like Brady at 20 million to put a FG on the board in the 4th qtr. lol

Branch took the most money he could get and then tried to sell the public a bag of dung by saying "the lure of playing with the two Williams and Dareus was too enticing".

Please.  His QB is now Kolb or Tavaris Jackson Miami is in better position, with the Pats absolutely loaded in upcoming years. PLus, they have a cheap hack college coach who will be completely overwhelmed. They won't even sniff a wild card his whole time there.  

By the way, since when did Alan Branch become someone you and RKArp like that much anyway? Very suspicious that you both all of a sudden love his play. Very suspicious. lol

Just like when you say Ellis didn't affect our budget on a two year 8 million dollar deal, Branch won't affect their budget one a one year, 3 million dollar deal. 

Im not claiming to be a Branch fan - although his age, size, and quickness intrigues me - it's more about the fact that this is a move that can't hurt Buffalo and may of helped us as well. If we indeed were interested in him (like reports say) and signed him for the same contract, you'd be running around here telling everyone the warnings were out people!! But instead you run around saying how they overpaid. We pay our damn kicker more than that.

Yeah, and I said to cut Gostkowski to save close to 7 mill over the next 2 years, didn't I?

I can see BB cutting him.  But, yes, in general, Ellis being overpaid for what he provided (little more than a good run defender in a rotation), and that signing in 2011, TWO YEARS AGO, cannot be compared the market settling in 2013 with now KNOWN flat cap for the next TWO years.

There's a huge bulge in the market which means the 2011 market wasn't anywhere near as bloated as this one.

Ellis had some leverage, used it, BB was fine with it because he had some big cap room knowing he would by saving into the lockout and he did some shopping. Some players acquired in trades did not work and his 4 FA moves worked generally very, very well overall. 3 out of the 4 players were very nice signings and also VERY CHEAP because those guys wanted to come here and get a ring.

They came close.

Go as Brady and Welker how close, Mr Smart Guy.

Listen I don't care that we signed Ellis - we needed a defensive lineman...still do - but Ellis didn't have any leverage. The Jets didn't want him anymore...no one else did either...certainly not at what we offered. No big deal. So we overpayed for a do nothing...it happens, but saying 3 million is too much (when most of the league has somewhere around 10 million per team in cap space) is not correct. We just payed a corner - who can only pay the slot - six million for next season.

I think part of the problem with not spending for quality free agents is that you end up with a lot of cap space that you end up spending on players that don't deserve the money. It happened with Ellis - we didn't want to pay Seymore...we ended up paying Ellis, Haynesworth, Fenene, and Love...we still haven't come close to replacing him. We will draft another defensive lineman this year...we drafted Brace three years ago. Sometimes it's best to go for the talent when it's there, or you end up spending more money and resources than you should.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

You just swallowed it, hook, line, and sinker . . .Wink

Personally, I think it's all in good fun . . . I enjoy the back and forth . . . it's sort of like the argument guys on Monty Python . . . 

No, it isn't.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

No, it isn't.

Yes, it is.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

No, it isn't.

Yes, it is.

You just like to argue to argue.

lmao

No, I don't.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

No, it isn't.

Yes, it is.

lmao

No, I don't.

Calm down there, Trigger Zippy.  What's up those lame Blue Jays fans by they way?  They've been acting goofy with Farrell's return.  It's almost like a Triple A baseball game with the crowd.

Hey I paid for an argument.  This must be abuse . . .

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Farrell is not well liked anymore.  He's seen as dissing the team (and maybe the whole country) by leaving before his contract was up to go back to Boston.  

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

No, it isn't.

Yes, it is.

lmao

No, I don't.

Calm down there, Trigger Zippy.  What's up those lame Blue Jays fans by they way?  They've been acting goofy with Farrell's return.  It's almost like a Triple A baseball game with the crowd.

Hey I paid for an argument.  This must be abuse . . .

You only paid for a 5 minute argument, times up, sorry.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

TFb12,

I know you have me on ignore, but you cannot deny there are like 3 or 4 times you basically acted like a 12 year old girl

Even if that were so, it pales in comparison to your permanent 12 year old girl state.

The world agrees. You suck.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

No, it isn't.

Yes, it is.

lmao

No, I don't.

An argumment is more than simple contradiction.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

No, it isn't.

Yes, it is.

lmao

No, I don't.

An argumment is more than simple contradiction.

No it isn't . . .

Or maybe we should try "who's on first . . . "

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

This board is full of trolls, it isn't like it used to be.  The biggest fraud and troll here is Rusty and he continues to spam this forum with garbage, lies, and attacking most members here, even the people who have legit points.  There are a lot of people who have left the forum, probably in large part due to Rusty. 

So before I decide to leave I will give the ignore feature a try.  I have never used the ignore feature ever before, this will be a first.  Rusty is ruining this forum and I suggest we take out the garbage by using the ignore feature.  So here I go... See ya Rusty!!  No more garbage to read.

Dont let it bother you, your still fairly new here too and shouldn't let someone who may be a troll bother you. If it does then maybe step away until the season starts. during the offseason there isn't as much to talk about other than building the team through draft and free agency. 

Take a break and then come back again. That's my two cents anyways.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

This post is still going.  Unbelievable.  About 4-5 posters in this thread just wasted hours of your life that you'll never get back.  Yeah I got in my $ .02 as well like 2 days ago.  Do some of you sleep or ever stop checking replies to your posts?   If someone hasn't told some of you this, you take this place WAAAY too seriously.  Try meeting with real people and living life.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

This post is still going.  Unbelievable.  About 4-5 posters in this thread just wasted hours of your life that you'll never get back.  Yeah I got in my $ .02 as well like 2 days ago.  Do some of you sleep or ever stop checking replies to your posts?   If someone hasn't told some of you this, you take this place WAAAY too seriously.  Try meeting with real people and living life.

If a post is made on a thread but there is no one there to read it did the message have value?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

No, it isn't.

Yes, it is.

lmao

No, I don't.

That's not arguing. That is just automatic gainsaying. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to alfred-e-bob-neumier's comment:

King...just can't take anything too seriously on this board...just don't...you take your psyche in your hands putting something out there for any psychotic or malcontent to respond out the side of their neck because their puppy pe@d the floor or wifey wants them to mow the lawn, whatever...I like your posts, as do many here...I even like some of the posts that those who vehemently disagree with you post.....the mental acuity you find here on occassion can be staggeringly wan.....but that's what life is on a sports discussion board...everyone has the right to express and opinion, and I guess by logical extension based on my experiences here,  has the right to be attacked as well...so be it...it sure don't keep me up at night.....when I want an intellectual discussion I have other places to go, other folks to talk too...Thank God...peace dude...

translation: rusty is my buddy boy

Sections
Shortcuts