My last day

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: My last day

In Response to Re: My last day:
    One other technique, that is probably frowned upon in 2011, is just dropping your wife off and going straight to the bar.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

hahaha King, that is the best advice yet!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Hope all goes well. Enjoy every minute with your kids, it goes so fast... My baby is graduating high school in a few short weeks... Maybe that just means I am getting old.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Good luck, Killa; being a Dad is an amazingly wonderful thing.  The new daughter will be the center of attention and appropriately so for awhile.  As soon as you are able, however, take your wife to dinner, just the two of you.  Be a good thing all around.  Has been in my experience in any case.

My humble 2 cents.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

Congratulations to you both!!!

The posters who said be prepared for some hateful words or negative behavior are on the money. Rember what happens in the delivery room gets an automatic Mulligan and is never spoken of outside the couple. ;)
    Hold her hand, caress her face, tell her how great she is but KEEP A SHARP EYE on your fingers and anything else that you don't want to lose.

Best times of your life are ahead and I hope your family enjoys every second of it all!!! Welcome to the world newest Pats fan!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

Killa,

This will be the finest moment of your entire life.  Soak the moment in and enjoy it to the fullest. 

And remember, you may have a hangover come one of these days - but your kids won't! 

God Bless!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

dayum, I wish I hadnt missed this post yesterday.

My wife was induced for most of our kids and never needed a c-section.  Best of luck and no matter what happens in labor, it will be all worth it when you hold your kid for the first time.

They feel almost weightless and is like holding love.

Since you wont read this until after, if you can take Rusty's advice, DO IT.  the labor part sucks, but that could be because my wife insisted on going natural...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Congrats.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

I have a 4 yr old girl and she is by far the best thing I've ever done. Its funny. You love your family, and wife, and friends and it's not even going to scratch the surface in comparison to how much you are going to love that kid. Seriously its amazing how information much they can process and obtain all at once. It also amazing how much of a mess 1 child unattended for 30 seconds can make.

If I can give you one bit of advice it is this. After you have the baby go above and beyond the call of duty for your wife. No matter how tired or beat down you feel go out of your way to do as much as you can with the baby the first couple of years. I know you're thinking no sh@t sherlock but you'd be suprised how hard it is to operate on little to no sleep over a several year span. I was unfortunate enough to have been put onto second shift (4pm-4am) 6 months after my daughter was born for a year and therefore I didnt get to do as much with her as I'd have liked or should have. Between working all the hours and having to sleep some during the day it made it harder on my wife than it needed to be at that time. Its actually causing problems in my marriage now. Even though I was providing for my family(she is a stay at home mom), she felt like she was alone raising our child for the better part of the year and as you can imagine has been a strain on her. Understand that 2 years have since passed with me back on first shift doing all the awesome dad things that your going to get to do and these feelings of hers come creeping out of the woodwork. In hindsight I wonder if I could have gotten up 15 minutes earlier, or changed that one extra diaper, or etc.etc.etc. you see where Im going with this. Do all the little things for your kid because in actuality your doing them for momma too. Trust me it wont go unnoticed. Best of luck with a happy and healthy delivery, and remember when momma's happy everyone is happy. Go Pats!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

Best wishes 'Killa ...

You'll walk out of that hospital door you'll be walkin this earth a better man

PS - Billy would be a really cool name for a girl
    (juzt a thought )

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

In Response to Re: My last day:
    I have a 4 yr old girl and she is by far the best thing I've ever done. Its funny. You love your family, and wife, and friends and it's not even going to scratch the surface in comparison to how much you are going to love that kid. Seriously its amazing how information much they can process and obtain all at once. It also amazing how much of a mess 1 child unattended for 30 seconds can make. If I can give you one bit of advice it is this. After you have the baby go above and beyond the call of duty for your wife. No matter how tired or beat down you feel go out of your way to do as much as you can with the baby the first couple of years. I know you're thinking no sh@t sherlock but you'd be suprised how hard it is to operate on little to no sleep over a several year span. I was unfortunate enough to have been put onto second shift (4pm-4am) 6 months after my daughter was born for a year and therefore I didnt get to do as much with her as I'd have liked or should have. Between working all the hours and having to sleep some during the day it made it harder on my wife than it needed to be at that time. Its actually causing problems in my marriage now. Even though I was providing for my family(she is a stay at home mom), she felt like she was alone raising our child for the better part of the year and as you can imagine has been a strain on her. Understand that 2 years have since passed with me back on first shift doing all the awesome dad things that your going to get to do and these feelings of hers come creeping out of the woodwork. In hindsight I wonder if I could have gotten up 15 minutes earlier, or changed that one extra diaper, or etc.etc.etc. you see where Im going with this. Do all the little things for your kid because in actuality your doing them for momma too. Trust me it wont go unnoticed. Best of luck with a happy and healthy delivery, and remember when momma's happy everyone is happy. Go Pats!
    Posted by wonderdrums

man, you worked a 12 hour graveyard shift so your wife could be a stay at home mom. I wouldnt apologize for it.  your wife had a job too, a stay at home mom and that is a 24/7 job so it shouldnt be minimized but she shouldnt beat you up over it. just my opinion. was your kid colicky or something? if not she should be thankful that she has that opportunity to be a stay at home mom and has a healthy child.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla-2010. Show MVPkilla-2010's posts

So I finished the first night at the hospital....still no baby. Most uncomfortable bed ever! lol

Laz your the man, Harley your a d*ck lol in a good way, and everyone else thanks for the storys, it was a good read while I waste time while my wife gets some sleep. Her contractions are looking good so hopefully we will get this thing going soon enough.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

she got an epidural???

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

I feel like I was just doing this a month ago, congrats to you and Mrs. Killa, I hope everything goes great.

btw-you still owe me a cigar from you first! maybe eyou can get one from Laz's buddy

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Get through the first 6 months, and then it gets much easier... if your baby starts sleeping through the night.  Good luck, it's worth it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

congradulations. your child picked a good year to get here.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Tas - best wishes for smooth delivery and a healthy baby girl.  Told you it would be a girl.  Laughing

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla-2010. Show MVPkilla-2010's posts

No epidural yet, her contractions are just now at 5 minutes apart so we are not quite there yet.

South Shore Hospital in Weymouth Mass. I have no idea if thats stomps old stomping ground or not you tell me lol

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

great, it gets tough at 3-4 centimeters dialated, goes to 7 pretty quickly after that.  get the epidural at 3-4 centimeters and you are home free. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

Good Luck Killa, kids are great, grand kids are even better! Look forward to it!!!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

ANY WORD????? ANYONE?????

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

I see my last post cut you pretty deep there rusty, just know I tried to avoid it.

As for him being busy, I know that but he did pop on for a minute yesterday and I wouldnt be shocked to see a pic up here soon : )

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts