My last thoughts on the call.. YES, LAST!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

My last thoughts on the call.. YES, LAST!!!

It won't change the results, but, this "non-call" is still making the rounds among the talking heads today.  What is even better, there are many screen shots showing the ball in the air well before it reaches the endzone showing Gronk in Kuechly's grasp being prevented from completing his route.  More and more info comes out that the call was incorrect in that there was no penalty call at all of some sort.  One thing we'll never know, would the Pats have won if the call stood?  A question which will go unanswered forever.  With that said.....

What I have noticed is those folks who support this non-call, for the most part, are happy to see it happened to the Pats.  Read the comments at the end of articles on USAToday, SI, ESPN articles etc..  you see so many comments about Karma and the tuck rule, blah blah blah.  Years of watching NFL football has seen this exact type of play called PI game after game after game.  Somehow, this time it is different?  Come on!

But, change the location and the teams.  Have this happen in Foxboro and the Panthers are the opponent (or the team any NFL fan roots for).  Wouldn't surprise me the poll on USAToday about this call would have seen a lot more towards the call being wrong than the percentage I last saw of 55% to 45% or so. Add to that, the furor that would have resulted saying the Patriots got ANOTHER call in their favor!!!

OK, I'm done...  now... let's see the Pats corral the Broncos!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Re: My last thoughts on the call.. YES, LAST!!!

True. That. And so annoying.

Let's hope the Pats can channel all their frustration and run up the scoore on Broncos. I expect Brady will be on fire!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

brady will lead a game winning score and leave 4 min on the clock.  manning will lead a game winning score and leave 58 seconds on the clock.  brady to be called a choke for not scoring in 58 seconds.  whats new?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It won't change the results, but, this "non-call" is still making the rounds among the talking heads today.  What is even better, there are many screen shots showing the ball in the air well before it reaches the endzone showing Gronk in Kuechly's grasp being prevented from completing his route.  More and more info comes out that the call was incorrect in that there was no penalty call at all of some sort.  One thing we'll never know, would the Pats have won if the call stood?  A question which will go unanswered forever.  With that said.....

What I have noticed is those folks who support this non-call, for the most part, are happy to see it happened to the Pats.  Read the comments at the end of articles on USAToday, SI, ESPN articles etc..  you see so many comments about Karma and the tuck rule, blah blah blah.  Years of watching NFL football has seen this exact type of play called PI game after game after game.  Somehow, this time it is different?  Come on!

But, change the location and the teams.  Have this happen in Foxboro and the Panthers are the opponent (or the team any NFL fan roots for).  Wouldn't surprise me the poll on USAToday about this call would have seen a lot more towards the call being wrong than the percentage I last saw of 55% to 45% or so. Add to that, the furor that would have resulted saying the Patriots got ANOTHER call in their favor!!!

OK, I'm done...  now... let's see the Pats corral the Broncos!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Right ...  now we have to worry about the haters multiplying over a correct call that went in Pats favor....?   Wow , not buying that.    they can GFT.    Having a league that calls games according to rules established and proven out over decades ...?  Seems reasonable.  All the irrational haters along with the Jets trolls on this baord can GFT.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

In response to themightypatriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This is a great shot and dagger to the heart. Clearly headed for Gronk and a text book holding penalty. Really Refs? Really NFL?  Won't whine like the Raiders for years and years and years but won't forget this either. Just so wrong- every which way you look at it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to darwk's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Let's hope the Pats can channel all their frustration and run up the scoore on Broncos. I expect Brady will be on fire!

[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This is a great shot and dagger to the heart. Clearly headed for Gronk and a text book holding penalty. Really Refs? Really NFL?  Won't whine like the Raiders for years and years and years but won't forget this either. Just so wrong- every which way you look at it.

[/QUOTE]

Yep

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

It seems like it really was a bad call, but it's just another reason why you never want to let yourself get in the position of being down four points with one play to go. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

The pats have had a ton of bad calls over the years, yes we've had a few go our way, yes the Tuck rule, but it was correct

The calls like Hobbs face guarding, the fg kick push and now the Gronk call. I can only hope that we get the calls in the playoffs

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

My only 'last thought' is that most NFL fans tuned in the game and saw what happened, a mug job. From now onward, when the refs call a PI, in the EZ for just a push off or a touch, the one on Gronk will forever be the Gold Standard. The ball was catchable with no interference.

The Refs have no case now .....  there will be many PI calls - around the league -  reminding folks about the Gronk Mugging, where a pass in the EZ too high/low to catch but the Reciever being touched nevertheless, will be called a PI. It will be interesting to observe from now on ... In the end the REFs will pay for this, they made thier job that much harder.

Like the call or not, all other NFL fans will always have the Gronk mugging in mind. SMH

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Great image mighty

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

YES!

[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

torch those bronco beatches...!

Sections
Shortcuts