***My Latest Mock Draft 4-7-13***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

***My Latest Mock Draft 4-7-13***

Below is my latest Mock... I'm projecting what I, as well as a lot of fans would like to see... an upgrade to the DL and double dipping to add perimeter talent at both WR and CB.  Kayvon Webster is a new name that I found while researching potential Day 3 CB's... certainly looks like a BB type CB due to his physicality, speed and triangle #'s:

Let me know what you think:

Rd 1- DT Jesse Williams (6-3 320)- Alabama:   I haven't moved off of this pick in a long, long time... I just think his size, power, versatility, pedigree and upside makes too much sense if he's available.  Alternatives: DE/OLB- Tank Carradine - DT- Sylvester Williams UNC - WR- DeAndre Hopkins - WR- Keenan Allen - DT- John Hankins   - DL- Datone Jones

Rd 2- WR Stedman Bailey (5-10 193)- WVU:  As underrated a kid as there is in this class, IMO.  He looks like a complete WR to me:  Very good route runner, seperates consistently, excellent hands and ball skills, good quicks/RAC ability, competitive, can play on the outside, productive, good effort as a blocker, playmaker.  Alternatives:  CB- DJ Hayden  - CB/S- Johnthan Banks  - WR- Quinton Patton  - CB- Logan Ryan  -   CB Darius Slay - WR-Markus Wheaton  

Rd 3- CB/PR Tyrann Mathieu (5-9 186)- LSU:  Extremely competitive and aggressive kid that brings  versatility, physicality and a lot of playmaking potential to the table, both as a defender and return man.    Alternatives:  - WR- Da’Rick Rogers - S-Shamarko Thomas - S- Josh Evans  - CB- Dwayne Gratz - WR- Ryan Swope  - DE/OLB- Michael Buchanan

Rd 7- CB- Kayvon Webster (5-10 192)- South Florida:  Looks like the prototype BB CB prospect… physical, fast, very good triangle #’s and is a very good open field tackler.  Alternative:  CB/S- Micah Hyde - DL- Kapron Lewis-Moore - DL- Quinton Dial - S- Orhian Johnson  

Rd 7-WR TJ Moe (5-11 204)- Mizzou:   A very good quicks/COD type kid that projects to the slot in the NFL.   Alternatives:  RB- Spencer Ware - TE- Michael Williams - WR- Mark Harrison - OL- Tanner Hawkinson

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: ***My Latest Mock Draft 4-7-13***

In response to alfred-e-bob-neumier's comment:

Love the Williams selection in rd.1...hope he's there and they get him...sounds like a cornerstone DL to transition into the future...he's got alot of upside because on his lack of experience...the SEC is a heck of a place to start your football career...

Rd. 2 WR is a good pick, but I'd be just as happy with Wheaton...I'm a bit troubled with Mathieu, he's very young and saying the right things, but that$$$$ makes a young man go nutty in a hurry...

Mark Harrison in Rd.7 if he's there? Worth a flier if he decides to play, and being from Rutgers he'd be easy for BB to get inside info on.

I hear ya on Mathieu and I have the same concerns... def presents some risk.

Yep, have Harrison listed above as an alternative in Rd 7... I like the size/speed/upside... agree that he should be able to get some good intel in the kid.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

MB you have an abundance of knowledge on all of the players in this draft but I don't think BB will select anyone in the first Rd. They need additional pks and the only bargaining chips he has is his pick in round one, Mallett , and maybe Hooman and with Gronk having trouble recovering from surgery Hooman may not be a chip at this time. Nice to see you like Williams but this is a deep draft at three positions DL,CB/S and WR. which happens to be the 3 things the Patriots need. I don't think it's a coincedence that the needs for the Patriots just happen to be the same as the strength of the draft about the only other need would be a cover OLB.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

great Mock MB, I think you put all the names that the Pats could select in every rounds, the only problem is that we never know the picks we will have ,we`ll probaly see some changes to this draft spots, and we don`t know what will happen with Mallet or Sanders, but assuming we will have these spots, if the Pats select the names u put here, this will be a very good draft for us.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

MB you have an abundance of knowledge on all of the players in this draft but I don't think BB will select anyone in the first Rd. They need additional pks and the only bargaining chips he has is his pick in round one, Mallett , and maybe Hooman and with Gronk having trouble recovering from surgery Hooman may not be a chip at this time. Nice to see you like Williams but this is a deep draft at three positions DL,CB/S and WR. which happens to be the 3 things the Patriots need. I don't think it's a coincedence that the needs for the Patriots just happen to be the same as the strength of the draft about the only other need would be a cover OLB.

Well I certainly don't think it's a lock for BB to make a pick at #29; could easily see him moving down to pickup more chips... but I prefer to project based on players that I think coud interest them and be avaiable at their assigned draft slots vs. trying to come up with a hypothetical trade scenario... just for the sake of doing so.  If you have a specific trade in mind that makes sense for both parties, it'd be fun to discuss...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

great Mock MB, I think you put all the names that the Pats could select in every rounds, the only problem is that we never know the picks we will have ,we`ll probaly see some changes to this draft spots, and we don`t know what will happen with Mallet or Sanders, but assuming we will have these spots, if the Pats select the names u put here, this will be a very good draft for us.

Thanks, man... yeah, I had mentioned this to sb as well... I'd rather project based off of known draft slots... though hypothetical/realistic scenarios are fun to discuss as well.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

MB,

like the mock, especially your 7's. nice find on Webster. 

question, do you think Logan Ryan will be there with our round 3 pick? And if so, do you like him over Matthieu?  curious if bb goes back to Rutgers.

i am putting my 1st mock together at the moment.....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

LOL, more short CBs and hobbit WRs. I we need bigger CBs and bigger WRs. The AFCCG proved that. Our CBs were getting abused by Boldin and Torrey Smith once Talib went down, and we had no big fast WRs who go could man to man with their physical CBs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

MB,

like the mock, especially your 7's. nice find on Webster. 

question, do you think Logan Ryan will be there with our round 3 pick? And if so, do you like him over Matthieu?  curious if bb goes back to Rutgers.

i am putting my 1st mock together at the moment.....

Thanks man... yeah, really like what I read/saw with Webster.

At the end of the day, I think Logan Ryan is a Top 75 type kid and don't think he'll be available at the end of Rd 3... if he is, I'd take him over Mathieu, yes.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

LOL, more short CBs and hobbit WRs. I we need bigger CBs and bigger WRs. The AFCCG proved that. Our CBs were getting abused by Boldin and Torrey Smith once Talib went down, and we had no big fast WRs who go could man to man with their physical CBs.

Yeah, forget if a kid can play or not, or has the skill set that they're looking for... just worry about height.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

mbeaulieu, 

The more I read about this kid Dobson from Marshall the more he seems to fit the Pat's type profile for a football player. Besides the physical attributes... 4.5 40, good hands, good route runner, good size, good downfield blocker he possess the intangibles BB usually tragets... voted captain at Marshall, good locker room kid, coaches said he loves football and is a sponge when absorbing the playbook.

Do you think he lasts late into the 2nd round???

I think there's a decent chance that he's avaiable when NE is on the clock at the end of Rd 2, yes.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

MB I don't know what Rabbit BB will pull out the magic hat this season though I truly wish I was a fly on his office wall. I have heard the same rumors as everyone else! Mallett to Cleveland unfortunately Cleveland Browns don't have the 2nd round choice that BB alledgedly wants in return for the potential franchise QB,the only other team that has even been mentioned as a potential landing spot is TB Schiano is not in love with the QB he inherited so I could see BB trying to get a bidding war going between the two teams. The best scenario that could happen is Cleveland offers a swap of firsts and an additional pick in either the 4rth or fifth rounds, then BB finds another partner for the 6th pk and he picks a couple extra picks up and maybe he winds up some where's between 15-25 in the first round and an extra second or third,God only knows whether he keeps the first he acquires via any of these proposed trades because his team as presently constructed needs help in 4 known areas. The same areas you have already outlined. I also agree with Kansas Patriot,no more midgets! Look I loved WW and Danny Woodhead but lets face it bigger might actually be better. I like both of the DT's named Williams so if either is availible when the Patriots draft I would be ok with them being the choice of BB and the Patriots. As I stated earlier they are fortunate do have needs in each of the strong points of this draft class...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

This is a DT heavy draft.

I think if the Pats are unable to move Mallett for the 2nd rd value they have him pegged at AND there are several DT's left on the board when they are on the clock at 29, that they will try to trade down into the 34-44 range and pick up a 4th or a 5th.

Now if one of Sheldon Richardson or Sylvester Williams falls they should take him... maybe even if they slip into the 22-26 range move UP, like w/ Jones last year (not with this years pick but one, or ones, from next year).

But between Kawann Short, Jesse Williams, Johnathan Hankins, Margus Hunt, Bennie Logan and John Jenkins the Pats should still have 3-4 of those guys to choose from in the 34-44 range. Additionally 1-2 out of the DE group of Tank, Werner, Datone Jones and Okafor should be there.

Looking at those 10 names... if you'd be happy with any of them as the first player taken and joining the Pats D-line this year, then team might as well trade down and try and pick up an early 4th rd pick since this draft is apparently very deep in the middle rounds.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

MB I don't know what Rabbit BB will pull out the magic hat this season though I truly wish I was a fly on his office wall. I have heard the same rumors as everyone else! Mallett to Cleveland unfortunately Cleveland Browns don't have the 2nd round choice that BB alledgedly wants in return for the potential franchise QB,the only other team that has even been mentioned as a potential landing spot is TB Schiano is not in love with the QB he inherited so I could see BB trying to get a bidding war going between the two teams. The best scenario that could happen is Cleveland offers a swap of firsts and an additional pick in either the 4rth or fifth rounds, then BB finds another partner for the 6th pk and he picks a couple extra picks up and maybe he winds up some where's between 15-25 in the first round and an extra second or third,God only knows whether he keeps the first he acquires via any of these proposed trades because his team as presently constructed needs help in 4 known areas. The same areas you have already outlined. I also agree with Kansas Patriot,no more midgets! Look I loved WW and Danny Woodhead but lets face it bigger might actually be better. I like both of the DT's named Williams so if either is availible when the Patriots draft I would be ok with them being the choice of BB and the Patriots. As I stated earlier they are fortunate do have needss in each of the strong points of this draft class...

If I'm being realistic, I don't see Lombardi giving up the #6 pick... NE has size in it's receiving corps, it just so happens that their best receiving weapon has been injured for the (2) biggest games that NE has played in recently (2011 SB, 2012 AFCCG).

Look, I'm not against "big" or "tall" WR's... in fact, I have (4) in my mock (Hopkins, Allen, Rogers & Harrison) but I think the skill set is the most important thing... if there's a "big" or "tall" WR that posseses said skill set, great... go get'm.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

This is a DT heavy draft.

I think if the Pats are unable to move Mallett for the 2nd rd value they have him pegged at AND there are several DT's left on the board when they are on the clock at 29, that they will try to trade down into the 34-44 range and pick up a 4th or a 5th.

Now if one of Sheldon Richardson or Sylvester Williams falls they should take him... maybe even if they slip into the 22-26 range move UP, like w/ Jones last year (not with this years pick but one, or ones, from next year).

But between Kawann Short, Jesse Williams, Johnathan Hankins, Margus Hunt, Bennie Logan and John Jenkins the Pats should still have 3-4 of those guys to choose from in the 34-44 range. Additionally 1-2 out of the DE group of Tank, Werner, Datone Jones and Okafor should be there.

Looking at those 10 names... if you'd be happy with any of them as the first player taken and joining the Pats D-line this year, then team might as well trade down and try and pick up an early 4th rd pick since this draft is apparently very deep in the middle rounds.

Most of the names I agree on, though I don't see Bennie Logan as anymore than a 43 type DT... prob not a kid that they'll wanna 2-gap with... I also think he's at best a Rd 3 kid though would be more comfortable in Rd 4.  Short is another name that I'm lukewarm on... def has some ability and can make plays in the backfield, but you hear/read way too man reports of his hot/cold motor/effort.  Would I be pissed if they take him?  No, but I'd much prefer the others first (Either Williams or Hankins, etc).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

The one possibility I see re Cleveland is if they find a trade partner in the teens or twenties and get a few other picks including a second and then Cleveland moving the second to BB plus maybe something later for Mallett.

Honey Badger scares me, but otherwise right on! And absolutely agree - size only matters if you are in the right position to use it. I would take a great route runner with hands over a big receiver with bricks at the end of his arms or between his ears any day. And same goes for DBs. Tall is great when combined with speed, quicks, reaction time, etc. - not a very common combination. Difference between 5'10 and 6'1 is meaningless without the skill.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I'm still hoping mallet for phil Taylor.  The only ones that need to trade pics are St. Louis and sf.  I hope no one trades with them and they purge all their picks.   

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

I'm still hoping mallet for phil Taylor.  The only ones that need to trade pics are St. Louis and sf.  I hope no one trades with them and they purge all their picks.   

If they end up making that trade, then I'd strongly consider taking (2) WR's on Day 1/2... Tank would also be very high on my list in Rd 1.

Something like this:

Rd 1:  WR Hopkins or Allen

Rd 2:  CB DJ Hayden or CB Logan Ryan

Rd 3:  WR Rogers (if he's there) or Swope or maybe a Chris Harper, etc.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toolfinder. Show toolfinder's posts

Who Cares!  Another attention seeking thread.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to toolfinder's comment:

Dear toolfinder,

Please message me your email address so next time I can reach out to you, get your permission/approval to post a thread topic to this forum... I promise your response won't route automatically to my junkmail folder.

Best Regards,

mbeaulieu07

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

In response to toolfinder's comment:

dude you`re a troll, MB does a great job, showing us the best prospects this guy is a draft master. you should go away!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

my thougths as well kansas (in sure youve seen my posts)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

If they end up making that trade, then I'd strongly consider taking (2) WR's on Day 1/2... Tank would also be very high on my list in Rd 1.

Something like this:

Rd 1:  WR Hopkins or Allen

Rd 2:  CB DJ Hayden or CB Logan Ryan

Rd 3:  WR Rogers (if he's there) or Swope or maybe a Chris Harper, etc.

holy crap, if we got hopkins in rd 1, a cb who is a #1 when all is said and done AND rogers in rd 3. holy sh@t! id be ecSTATIC. however id only do this if we had an extra pick and could get a pass rusher (my top preference being carradine (alt detone jones, okafor, hunt).

my ideal sceanrio is: carradine or hopkins at 29, the other with our #2 received from mallet trade (possibly along with a 2014 pick to move up in rd 2), then rogers and an elite press man cb (ideally big) to roundoff the draft and im in heaven.

Sections
Shortcuts