***My Latest Mock Draft 4-7-13***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: ***My Latest Mock Draft 4-7-13***

In response to mia76's comment:

The one possibility I see re Cleveland is if they find a trade partner in the teens or twenties and get a few other picks including a second and then Cleveland moving the second to BB plus maybe something later for Mallett.

Honey Badger scares me, but otherwise right on! And absolutely agree - size only matters if you are in the right position to use it. I would take a great route runner with hands over a big receiver with bricks at the end of his arms or between his ears any day. And same goes for DBs. Tall is great when combined with speed, quicks, reaction time, etc. - not a very common combination. Difference between 5'10 and 6'1 is meaningless without the skill.

there ar several bigger wrs in ths draft with hands. bigger bodies (and hands) mean more catches becasue you cant box them out. add height and length adn you have a guiy you can throw the ball up to who can go and get it in  a crowd.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

I'm still hoping mallet for phil Taylor.  The only ones that need to trade pics are St. Louis and sf.  I hope no one trades with them and they purge all their picks.   

That would be sweet. I don't remember how or where that Rumor started...did you see it somewhere?

Anyhow, assuming that happened, the draft for me would look like this,

1. Trade 1st round pick, pick up a 2nd and 4th

2. 2nd, stedman bailey

3. 2nd, Okafor or Hunt

3. 3rd, trade for Sanders or Da'rick Rogers

4. 4th Mathieu 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

In response to toolfinder's comment:

Who Cares!  Another attention seeking thread.

Dear toolfinder,

Please message me your email address so next time I can reach out to you, get your permission/approval to post a thread topic to this forum... I promise your response won't route automatically to my junkmail folder.

Best Regards,

mbeaulieu07

LOL! Anyways, nice mock. I would be pretty happy with that overall, although the Honey Badger does concern me a bit. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Below is my latest Mock... I'm projecting what I, as well as a lot of fans would like to see... an upgrade to the DL and double dipping to add perimeter talent at both WR and CB.  Kayvon Webster is a new name that I found while researching potential Day 3 CB's... certainly looks like a BB type CB due to his physicality, speed and triangle #'s:

Let me know what you think:

Rd 1- DT Jesse Williams (6-3 320)- Alabama:   I haven't moved off of this pick in a long, long time... I just think his size, power, versatility, pedigree and upside makes too much sense if he's available.  Alternatives: DE/OLB- Tank Carradine - DT- Sylvester Williams UNC - WR- DeAndre Hopkins - WR- Keenan Allen - DT- John Hankins   - DL- Datone Jones

Rd 2- WR Stedman Bailey (5-10 193)- WVU:  As underrated a kid as there is in this class, IMO.  He looks like a complete WR to me:  Very good route runner, seperates consistently, excellent hands and ball skills, good quicks/RAC ability, competitive, can play on the outside, productive, good effort as a blocker, playmaker.  Alternatives:  CB- DJ Hayden  - CB/S- Johnthan Banks  - WR- Quinton Patton  - CB- Logan Ryan  -   CB Darius Slay - WR-Markus Wheaton  

Rd 3- CB/PR Tyrann Mathieu (5-9 186)- LSU:  Extremely competitive and aggressive kid that brings  versatility, physicality and a lot of playmaking potential to the table, both as a defender and return man.    Alternatives:  - WR- Da’Rick Rogers - S-Shamarko Thomas - S- Josh Evans  - CB- Dwayne Gratz - WR- Ryan Swope  - DE/OLB- Michael Buchanan

Rd 7- CB- Kayvon Webster (5-10 192)- South Florida:  Looks like the prototype BB CB prospect… physical, fast, very good triangle #’s and is a very good open field tackler.  Alternative:  CB/S- Micah Hyde - DL- Kapron Lewis-Moore - DL- Quinton Dial - S- Orhian Johnson  

Rd 7-WR TJ Moe (5-11 204)- Mizzou:   A very good quicks/COD type kid that projects to the slot in the NFL.   Alternatives:  RB- Spencer Ware - TE- Michael Williams - WR- Mark Harrison - OL- Tanner Hawkinson

Love the 1st 3--can't say anything about the 7th rounders - don't really know about them-but would be Very happy with 1-3----good draft!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

I'm still hoping mallet for phil Taylor.  The only ones that need to trade pics are St. Louis and sf.  I hope no one trades with them and they purge all their picks.   

That would be sweet. I don't remember how or where that Rumor started...did you see it somewhere?

Anyhow, assuming that happened, the draft for me would look like this,

1. Trade 1st round pick, pick up a 2nd and 4th

2. 2nd, stedman bailey

3. 2nd, Okafor or Hunt

3. 3rd, trade for Sanders or Da'rick Rogers

4. 4th Mathieu 

assuming rogers no sanders,

that would be absolutley stellar!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

If Mallett is traded who is the back up QB?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

If Mallett is traded who is the back up QB?

there's a kid I like a lot in the 7th named Tuel. He was injured in 11' and as such was platooned in 12' as Washington was getting ready for the next QB. However, prior to the injury he had late 1st early 2nd round type of talent and upside. The injury and being platooned is going to really hurt his stock but this kid has tremendous upside, is a consistent high completion passer, and is smart in the pocket. He seems like a perfect kid to sit behind Brady.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

If you think DT is a top need and Williams is the one the Pats could probably slide out of round 1 if they can find any takers.    It would probably have to be their first pick of the draft too as they don't have the picks to move around.

Although Bailey doesn't seem to get the attention of the people who do prospect rankings it seems he's not a secret to draftniks.  I thought the 2nd round to be a bit high but if the Pats want him that's what they are going to have to do.  Again, trade down a bit?

Mathieu.  Geez, he's small.  I don't know if his college skills transfer to the pro's or not.  Not only does his size raise quesitons but his off field issues are still pretty fresh.  The last rumor I heard on him was that NFL teams were not sold that he was far enough away from his problems as he thinks he is.  I think he falls and the Pats don't touch the kid.  But then again I start to question myself but I believe it's because it's such a high need area for the Pats.  I hated to walk away from this one.

Nice find on the 7th round picks.  I like Moe personally. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

I think we can all agree that whenever toolfinder posts  ...

We all become toolfinders .

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

I wonder if Lawrence Okoye ( discuss guy who wants to play D-Line in the NFL ) will get any consideration in NE ?

BB's track record shows he's not averse to rolling the dice on football newbies so it wouldn't surprize me to see the Pats take a late round flyer on him .

Thoughts ?

http://blogs.nfl.com/2013/04/07/lawrence-okoye-impresses-at-super-regional-combines-first-day/

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I hope if they were to draft 2 CBs that one would atleast be 6 ft. I know BB had a long stint of only picking guys 5'10" or shorter, than after Hobbs left, he seemed to go after some bigger guys like C.Scott, S.Springs, Ras I, with mixed results. Other than Talib, all our CBs are small, unless you consider Ras I a contributor but I would like to see Trufant drafted. He has the size(6ft) you need to fight with bigger guys and the speed to make up for mistakes(4.39) and he competes. I wouldnt mind if they took Honey Badger in the 3rd cuz that would be good value, but I would have liked to go bigger and thats why Im shocked they havent signed a Vet. CB yet to allow them to be more flexible in the draft. I sure hope BB isnt feeling comfy going in with the roster the way it is and just drafting a CB. I think we still need a vet to compete and some depth players...,..THAT CAN PLAY!  not malcom williams, M.Cole and Ebner.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Dear toolfinder,

Please message me your email address so next time I can reach out to you, get your permission/approval to post a thread topic to this forum... I promise your response won't route automatically to my junkmail folder.

Best Regards,

mbeaulieu07

LOL! Anyways, nice mock. I would be pretty happy with that overall, although the Honey Badger does concern me a bit. 

Haha, thanks... Yeah I too have the same concerns as most... I'm sure they'll do their homework... UConn CB Dwayne Gratz would be another solid option at that point in the draft as well... good size/speed/triangle #'s... active kid.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to CaptnFoxboro's comment:

I wonder if Lawrence Okoye ( discuss guy who wants to play D-Line in the NFL ) will get any consideration in NE ?

BB's track record shows he's not averse to rolling the dice on football newbies so it wouldn't surprize me to see the Pats take a late round flyer on him .

Thoughts ?

http://blogs.nfl.com/2013/04/07/lawrence-okoye-impresses-at-super-regional-combines-first-day/

I think the combo of size and athleticism certainly warrants checking this kid out, yeah... sure they'll perform their due dilligence.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

The latest CB news is the Pats having interest in UConns Wreh-Wilson. He's a 6'1" 195 man coverage kid who has similar intangibles to McCourty. Fluid hips, great backpedal, good recovery speed, plays run well, but not really a ballhawk. Can play inside or outside and is a late 2nd round type of pick

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to garytx's comment:

If you think DT is a top need and Williams is the one the Pats could probably slide out of round 1 if they can find any takers.    It would probably have to be their first pick of the draft too as they don't have the picks to move around.

Although Bailey doesn't seem to get the attention of the people who do prospect rankings it seems he's not a secret to draftniks.  I thought the 2nd round to be a bit high but if the Pats want him that's what they are going to have to do.  Again, trade down a bit?

Mathieu.  Geez, he's small.  I don't know if his college skills transfer to the pro's or not.  Not only does his size raise quesitons but his off field issues are still pretty fresh.  The last rumor I heard on him was that NFL teams were not sold that he was far enough away from his problems as he thinks he is.  I think he falls and the Pats don't touch the kid.  But then again I start to question myself but I believe it's because it's such a high need area for the Pats.  I hated to walk away from this one.

Nice find on the 7th round picks.  I like Moe personally. 

Hey gt,

Thanks for the feedback.

I view Jesse as a Rd 1 talent so I think 29 is a good spot for him, assuming he's still available.

I also view Bailey as a Rd 1 talent, but don't think he'd be drafted that high... instead I think he could easily be off the board inside the Top 50, so I'd be psyched to land him at the end of Rd 2.

I too have the same concerns about Mathieu off the field... def a realistic concern though I also wouldn't put too much stock in what any team says leading up to draft day as it's likely posturing in the hopes that a kid could fall to them.  I'm sure BB will do his research.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Dear toolfinder, 

Best Regards,

mbeaulieu07

You didn't confer with me either before you started this thread and my feelings are hurt. Frown

Truthfully, I enjoy your mocks.  I have nowhere near your depth of knowledge and I find it interesting to compare what you put up with how it actually unfolds.  

Thanks for the thread.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

Dear toolfinder,

Best Regards,

mbeaulieu07

MB, Thanks for getting me through the late winter/early spring. When you and Faucet get it going, it's music to my eyes.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

For DBs, it all comes down to what BB likes in CB (scheme versatile?) Sometimes you find guys that are physical and good in man who looked lost in zone and vice versa. Matheiu seems to have decent measurables and I think he knows that he has to dispel some character questions. Do you see Matheiu in the slot or as return man or both? BTW I like this mock and agree on Logan Ryan (not there in the 3rd).  Haven't seen film on Hayden..so I can't really say. It;s kinda funny; all the mocks and still we arrive with Williams in top slot. I say it every year...MB, Low, and Faucet do great work.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1807930. Show user_1807930's posts

Below is my latest Mock... I'm projecting what I, as well as a lot of fans would like to see... an upgrade to the DL and double dipping to add perimeter talent at both WR and CB.  Kayvon Webster is a new name that I found while researching potential Day 3 CB's... certainly looks like a BB type CB due to his physicality, speed and triangle #'s:

Let me know what you think:

Rd 1- DT Jesse Williams (6-3 320)- Alabama:   I haven't moved off of this pick in a long, long time... I just think his size, power, versatility, pedigree and upside makes too much sense if he's available.  Alternatives: DE/OLB- Tank Carradine - DT- Sylvester Williams UNC - WR- DeAndre Hopkins - WR- Keenan Allen - DT- John Hankins   - DL- Datone Jones

Rd 2- WR Stedman Bailey (5-10 193)- WVU:  As underrated a kid as there is in this class, IMO.  He looks like a complete WR to me:  Very good route runner, seperates consistently, excellent hands and ball skills, good quicks/RAC ability, competitive, can play on the outside, productive, good effort as a blocker, playmaker. 

For the sake of discussion, if Hopkins is still available when the Pats pick in the first, I hope they pick him and not some guy named Stedman. It is like taking the SAT Test, always go with the one you know and don't go back and change your answer.

I could not imagine this board if some unknown is picked again at WR. 

Hoping for no surprises, but staying ready for the what the FK fireworks!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to teegee's comment:

Dear toolfinder,

Best Regards,

mbeaulieu07

MB, Thanks for getting me through the late winter/early spring. When you and Faucet get it going, it's music to my eyes.

Haha, happy to contribute.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I like your first 2 picks.

Mathieu....at 3...I just can't see it. He showed up at the combine in poor shape and did poorly. Most thought he needed to step up to show the off field stuff is behind him. Scouts said that it's telling when a kid needs to show up at the combine and hit a home run and they show up in poor shape. He benched like 2 reps or something like that.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Dear toolfinder, 

Best Regards,

mbeaulieu07

You didn't confer with me either before you started this thread and my feelings are hurt. Frown

Truthfully, I enjoy your mocks.  I have nowhere near your depth of knowledge and I find it interesting to compare what you put up with how it actually unfolds.  

Thanks for the thread.

Haha, I'll add your email addy to the distribution.

Happy to contribute!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:

For DBs, it all comes down to what BB likes in CB (scheme versatile?) Sometimes you find guys that are physical and good in man who looked lost in zone and vice versa. Matheiu seems to have decent measurables and I think he knows that he has to dispel some character questions. Do you see Matheiu in the slot or as return man or both? BTW I like this mock and agree on Logan Ryan (not there in the 3rd).  Haven't seen film on Hayden..so I can't really say. It;s kinda funny; all the mocks and still we arrive with Williams in top slot. I say it every year...MB, Low, and Faucet do great work.

I think versatility is the name of game in Foxboro... the more you can do, the more likely your chances of sticking around.

Mathieu is a kid that can prob handle some outside duties, but is prob better suited for the slot/nickel/dime type coverages... he'll also bring value as a blitzer and certainly as a PR man.

Thanks man.