***My Latest Mock Draft 4-7-13***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

Re: ***My Latest Mock Draft 4-7-13***

Well now thats the Pats have resigned Edleman and possibly Sanders looks like I will be changing my picks again anyway. In refernce to Dobson I think he is more of a project WR. I don't think he will come in right away and start like Hopkins can. But more of a potential thing. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

DT's are:

Wilfork

Kelly

Love

Deaderick

Armstead

Francis

WR's are:

Amendola

Edelman

Nelson

Jenkins

Slater

Sanders (possibly)

So should the draft, if we minus the 3rd rd pick for Sanders, now be spent on a DE/OLB type pass rusher in rd 1?

Option 1: trade up into the 18-24 range (using 2014 pick(s)) if possible to get Jarvis Jones or Bjoern Werner if they drop that far

Option 2: stay where we are and pick a DT/DE type pass-rusher in Datone Jones or Margus Hunt (1 should be there at 29)

Option 3: trade down to pick up a extra 4th or 5th rd pick into the 34-42 range and select Tank Carradine or Alex Okafor

Then in round 2 solidify the interior or the offensive line or the depth of the secondary?

Pray for more picks through a Mallett trade

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

This post is directed at TEXASPAT. TP I usually enjoy reading most of your posts and your game analysis, but I got to tell you I think you have gone off the deep end lately. Dont get me wrong I am not the forum police, I try to be direct but also polite to everybody here. The only person I think I am outwardly rude to is CC but that is just because I am tired of his looney attention seeking threads. (and I admit I shouldnt even be rude to him. If your reading CC I apologize and will just ignore you rather than post unbecoming remarks). But TP as much as I enjoy reading you I think you have really been rude and condescending to some posters lately. A short while ago you engaged a respected poster here TFB12 in a long drawn out namecalling ridiculous thread just because you disagreed with him. Above your name calling and outwardly rude to another respected poster just because you disagree with him?! I really think if your  supposed to be on meds you should take them, and not skip any days. BrdBreu said it perfectly in the above post; we can all disagree politely without going banannas on each other. Personally I read this thread every day but dont post on it much because i like hearing others opinions about the draft. I enjoy reading all the posts here even yours most of the time. Please remember the words of Plato; "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” We all got our own battles going on, this forum is supposed to be an escape not create more! Stay well!

thanks for this post quags!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

How old is wilfork? 32?  So we will have 2old nose tackles very soon. Story wr guys we need to get a dt so we can transition him to a starting role in a couple years. That was brace. Think if he was still here and any good tht would have been better then great. so now we look at the d's future in a rich draft. I know that I'll get flamed but it wouldn't hurt my feelings if we took a DT in round 1and2.  

bb should have thought of thatg before trading away these picks for guys wed drop later.

we need the pass rushing de NOW  or we waste a year. will have to get dt next year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

DT's are:

Wilfork

Kelly

Love

Deaderick

Armstead

Francis

WR's are:

Amendola

Edelman

Nelson

Jenkins

Slater

Sanders (possibly)

So should the draft, if we minus the 3rd rd pick for Sanders, now be spent on a DE/OLB type pass rusher in rd 1?

Option 1: trade up into the 18-24 range (using 2014 pick(s)) if possible to get Jarvis Jones or Bjoern Werner if they drop that far

Option 2: stay where we are and pick a DT/DE type pass-rusher in Datone Jones or Margus Hunt (1 should be there at 29)

Option 3: trade down to pick up a extra 4th or 5th rd pick into the 34-42 range and select Tank Carradine or Alex Okafor

Then in round 2 solidify the interior or the offensive line or the depth of the secondary?

Pray for more picks through a Mallett trade

agree on that mallet prayer.

hoping pitt matches.

dont expect we have a shot at werner

d jones may be gone but may be there at 29.

carradine my top choice.

swinging for hopkins and rogers and carradine, using mallet pick is my preference.

if we dont get hopkins, getting 2 of remaining wrs ie rogers and allen, woods, dobson williams, or even bailey.

last option de, rogers, cb with 3 picks.

if we get sanders, then carraadine (2nd pref d jones, okafor, hunt), rogers, (and 2nd wr or cb if we get pick with mallet).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

I hate to break the news to Pats fans, but Mallet is not going anywhere. This dream that hes going to be traded for a 2nd round pick is not going to happen. He has yet to prove anything in the NFL and no team is going to risk a 2nd round pick on a player that has virtually no stats in the NFL.

And better yet I don't want him going anywhere. He's has a lot to prove and you never know if the Pats are going to need him. I'd leave him here in New England as a back up.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to maine12's comment:

I hate to break the news to Pats fans, but Mallet is not going anywhere. This dream that hes going to be traded for a 2nd round pick is not going to happen. He has yet to prove anything in the NFL and no team is going to risk a 2nd round pick on a player that has virtually no stats in the NFL.

And better yet I don't want him going anywhere. He's has a lot to prove and you never know if the Pats are going to need him. I'd leave him here in New England as a back up.

Actually the signing of the offer sheet by Sanders means BB has something in the works for someone. All of the indicators are telling me he was waiting for the Steelers to tap out and for a deal to be in place with either Cleveland or Tampa Bay for Mallett. He couldn't enter this draft with 4 picks without the deal already in place. For all the WR starved fans of New England this RFA signing is the best we could hope for, now BB can just bide his time. For the guys who think the Patriots are going Defense with their first pick you guys are probably right. The question that remains is which position? Their biggest need in my opinion are in this order: A cover linebacker,B DB and thirdly a DT.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

In response to TexasPat's comment:

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

Below is my latest Mock... I'm projecting what I, as well as a lot of fans would like to see... an upgrade to the DL and double dipping to add perimeter talent at both WR and CB.  Kayvon Webster is a new name that I found while researching potential Day 3 CB's... certainly looks like a BB type CB due to his physicality, speed and triangle #'s:

Let me know what you think:

Rd 1- DT Jesse Williams (6-3 320)- Alabama:   I haven't moved off of this pick in a long, long time... I just think his size, power, versatility, pedigree and upside makes too much sense if he's available.  Alternatives: DE/OLB- Tank Carradine - DT- Sylvester Williams UNC - WR- DeAndre Hopkins - WR- Keenan Allen - DT- John Hankins   - DL- Datone Jones

RESPONSE: Please explain WHY?? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that the Pats' greatest needs were for a pass-rusher, help in the secondary, deep-threat WR, interior DL help to back up Vince Wilfolk, and OL depth. I haven't read where BB plans to go back to a 3-4 base defense? Why select a two-down, run-stuffing NT? Especially a one dimensional one, with short-arms, and no track record for collapsing the pocket on passing downs? NT is the deepest position talent-wise in this draft. A good one like Williams likely could be had late in the second round. I see the Pats trading down. 

Rd 2- WR Stedman Bailey (5-10 193)- WVU:  As underrated a kid as there is in this class, IMO.  He looks like a complete WR to me:  Very good route runner, seperates consistently, excellent hands and ball skills, good quicks/RAC ability, competitive, can play on the outside, productive, good effort as a blocker, playmaker.  Alternatives:  CB- DJ Hayden  - CB/S- Johnthan Banks  - WR- Quinton Patton  - CB- Logan Ryan  -   CB Darius Slay - WR-Markus Wheaton  

Rd 3- CB/PR Tyrann Mathieu (5-9 186)- LSU:  Extremely competitive and aggressive kid that brings  versatility, physicality and a lot of playmaking potential to the table, both as a defender and return man.    Alternatives:  - WR- Da’Rick Rogers - S-Shamarko Thomas - S- Josh Evans  - CB- Dwayne Gratz - WR- Ryan Swope  - DE/OLB- Michael Buchanan

RESPONSE: If the Pats decide not to sign Steeler WR Manuel Sanders, and keep their 3rd round pick (91st overall), I can live with this selection. Though Mathieu is an airhead, BB and his boys may be able to keep this kid in line. If so, the Pats will have one heck of a punt returner...and a nickel CB, with a nose for the ball. But, why would the Pats want a nickel CB, after investing so much money to resign Kyle Arrington?   

Rd 7- CB- Kayvon Webster (5-10 192)- South Florida:  Looks like the prototype BB CB prospect… physical, fast, very good triangle #’s and is a very good open field tackler.  Alternative:  CB/S- Micah Hyde - DL- Kapron Lewis-Moore - DL- Quinton Dial - S- Orhian Johnson

RESPONSE: An acceptable 7th round project. 

Rd 7-WR TJ Moe (5-11 204)- Mizzou:   A very good quicks/COD type kid that projects to the slot in the NFL.   Alternatives:  RB- Spencer Ware - TE- Michael Williams - WR- Mark Harrison - OL- Tanner Hawkinson

RESPONSE: Another Ebert type. Why roll dice on a slot receiver?

Sorry...don't take this personally, but these are not good picks for the Patriots. None of these selections can possibly improve their pass rush. Williams in round one is an awful pick, even if BB decides to re-commit to a 3-4 defense. The guy likely could be had late in the second round...or even in round three. The 3-4 is not the best scheme to fit the talents of BB's best young defender, DE Chandler Jones. Stedman Bailey doesn't have the elite speed or size to justify taking him over a defender in round 2. The Honey Badger is an intriguing project. He'd be worth the risk, if he can be had with the 91st overall pick.  

That said, I like your alternative selections far better. Datone Jones in round one makes far more sense than Jesse Williams. Jones is a much more scheme versatile player, who can rush the passer. Love CB D.J. Hayden in round 2...and the Honey Badger in round 3, as discussed above. I'd be pleased if the Pats could pull off that trifecta.    

I don't think DE/edge rusher is a must have... could they use some help?  Sure... I'd love Tank Carradine in Rd 1 for that reason... versatile kid with solid vs. the run and has upside as an edge rusher.  Williams has the size and power to push the pocket from the interior which is prob the best you can expect from an interior DL in a BB scheme which focuses more gap control and occupying blockers... he's also one of the strongest players in this class at the POA with a proven ability to eat up doubles... as good as VW (who isn't getting any younger) is, his career high in sacks is 3.5.

RESPONSE: You don't think improving the pass-rush is a must have"? So...I guess that you have enjoyed watching Joe Flacco and Eli Manning have all day to throw, every time they dropped back to pass, in big games against the Pats? Sorry...but Williams is a short-armed, one dimensional guy, who is worthless as a pass rusher. He'll be a two down player at best in the NFL. You're not really going to try to equate Vince with Williams, are you?? Vince can collapse the pocket on passing downs. Williams merely clogs the middle on running plays.    

Wasn't aware that elite speed was a necessity for a good NFL WR... the kid's overall game is what makes him so good and there's a chance that he may not even be available at the end of Rd 2.

RESPONSE: Really?? You pose as a knowledgable draft evaluator, yet you claim that you weren't aware that elite speed is a necessity for a deep threat WR?? FLASH...the Pats need a deep threat...not another slot guy, or possession guy. They could have had Mike Wallace in 2009...and Torrey Smith in 2011. Never mind...don't get me started. 

Put in the tape... kid is an awesome route runner... really knows how to tempo his routes, set his man up... he's constently able to seperate on the outside, can make plays underneath and down the field, plucks the ball with his hands and has excellent ball skills, particularly over his head... reminds me some of a young Deion Branch or maybe Steve Smith (CAR)... have also seen him compared to Greg Jennings.  He also strikes me as a kid that could come in and pick up the offense quickly, get on the same page as TB, something that some previously drafted WR's were lacking.

RESPONSE: So now you're telling me that Stedman Bailey compares to Greg Jennings and Steve Smith?? And you know this because you claim to have watched tape of him performing?? Yeah...okay.

I'm confident that both of these kids could come in and impact/improve their respective positional groups early.

RESPONSE: So...the bottom line is that you feel that a NT with zero ability to rush the passer, should be the Pats' #1 pick...and that a WR under 6'0", who lacks elite speed, is the Pats' answer as a deep threat WR. Got it. 

Agree that trading down is always an option with BB.

RESPONSE: Of course trading down is always an option!! The question is...considering the team needs, and who will likely be available to the Pats at pick #29...should BB do it?  

tp, while you make most of the football points ive been making a good long time, i dont get why your post needs to be an attack on anyone, mb in particualr.

RESPONSE: Excuse me...but since when is anybody on this forum not entitled to be criticized for their opinions? I'm sorry...but your buddy mb passes himself off as some kind of draft expert, and then gives some ridiculous predictions about who the Patriots will take...that make absolutely no sense. He can't defend his choices. So...why should he get a pass?

the cool thing about this thread is posters share thier opinon, inlcudluding disagreements, without making it personal, without irritation, with respect and appreciation for themself and other posters.

RESPONSE: Stop it!! Again, why is this guy immune to criticism? He blathers about the draft for months...and then comes up with these ridiculous choices. If you bother to go back and read my initial response to mb, you'll see that I stated that my responses were nothing personal. In fact, if you look at his mb's response, you'll see that he popped off with an attitude...instead of defending his picks, and addressing my criticisms of them.  

i think an apology is in order and a change in behavior.

RESPONSE: You're out of your mind! Apologize for what? For being right? If you want to worship at his altar, fine. But, I call them as I see 'em...and this guy obviously doesn't know what he's talking about. If this were Rusty or Babe, instead of the self proclaimed "God of the Draft", would you be coming to their aid as well?  

this is how it could look:

i disagree with player x in rd 1, i have player y. here's why i disagree.

and on and on.

RESPONSE: Oh please!! If he can't handle criticism, then he should pontificate as he does. 

respect for oneself and others. that's what it's all about. and that's what makes this fun.

RESPONSE: Sorry...but don't pass yourself off as some sort of draft expert, if you can't defend your picks...and if you can't handle criticism.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

In response to maine12's comment:

Actually the signing of the offer sheet by Sanders means BB has something in the works for someone. All of the indicators are telling me he was waiting for the Steelers to tap out and for a deal to be in place with either Cleveland or Tampa Bay for Mallett. He couldn't enter this draft with 4 picks without the deal already in place. For all the WR starved fans of New England this RFA signing is the best we could hope for, now BB can just bide his time. For the guys who think the Patriots are going Defense with their first pick you guys are probably right. The question that remains is which position? Their biggest need in my opinion are in this order: A cover linebacker,B DB and thirdly a DT.

Well BB likely isn't going to budge on getting 2nd rd value for Mallett, so unless we're getting a 3rd and a 4th or a 3rd, 5th and 6th for Mallett (and maybe our extra 7th tossed in) or something like that, it is very likely he doesn't go anywhere at this point.

I'd see him trading down to add a 3rd or 4th if Sanders is brought in for the 3rd. DT and WR likely would be full at that point. Unless a real stud rusher drops to us at 29 I'd see the Pats trading down.

They could move into the 35-50 range and get a guy at the positions you mentioned that could be as good as guys in the 25-35 range. Say a cover LB (Sio Moore would fit well), another DB (Jamar Taylor has been mentioned a lot) and even a DT like Margus Hunt or Kawann Short (if they want an eventual 3-4 DE who gets to the QB) or one of NT's who are plentiful (Jenkins, Jesse Williams, Hankins) to replace Vince one day, perhaps be better than Love from day 1.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

Below is my latest Mock... I'm projecting what I, as well as a lot of fans would like to see... an upgrade to the DL and double dipping to add perimeter talent at both WR and CB.  Kayvon Webster is a new name that I found while researching potential Day 3 CB's... certainly looks like a BB type CB due to his physicality, speed and triangle #'s:

Rd 1- DT Jesse Williams (6-3 320)- Alabama:   I haven't moved off of this pick in a long, long time... I just think his size, power, versatility, pedigree and upside makes too much sense if he's available.  Alternatives: DE/OLB- Tank Carradine - DT- Sylvester Williams UNC - WR- DeAndre Hopkins - WR- Keenan Allen - DT- John Hankins   - DL- Datone Jones

RESPONSE: Please explain WHY?? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that the Pats' greatest needs were for a pass-rusher, help in the secondary, deep-threat WR, interior DL help to back up Vince Wilfolk, and OL depth. I haven't read where BB plans to go back to a 3-4 base defense? Why select a two-down, run-stuffing NT? Especially a one dimensional one, with short-arms, and no track record for collapsing the pocket on passing downs? NT is the deepest position talent-wise in this draft. A good one like Williams likely could be had late in the second round. I see the Pats trading down. 

Rd 2- WR Stedman Bailey (5-10 193)- WVU:  As underrated a kid as there is in this class, IMO.  He looks like a complete WR to me:  Very good route runner, seperates consistently, excellent hands and ball skills, good quicks/RAC ability, competitive, can play on the outside, productive, good effort as a blocker, playmaker.  Alternatives:  CB- DJ Hayden  - CB/S- Johnthan Banks  - WR- Quinton Patton  - CB- Logan Ryan  -   CB Darius Slay - WR-Markus Wheaton  

Rd 3- CB/PR Tyrann Mathieu (5-9 186)- LSU:  Extremely competitive and aggressive kid that brings  versatility, physicality and a lot of playmaking potential to the table, both as a defender and return man.    Alternatives:  - WR- Da’Rick Rogers - S-Shamarko Thomas - S- Josh Evans  - CB- Dwayne Gratz - WR- Ryan Swope  - DE/OLB- Michael Buchanan

RESPONSE: If the Pats decide not to sign Steeler WR Manuel Sanders, and keep their 3rd round pick (91st overall), I can live with this selection. Though Mathieu is an airhead, BB and his boys may be able to keep this kid in line. If so, the Pats will have one heck of a punt returner...and a nickel CB, with a nose for the ball. But, why would the Pats want a nickel CB, after investing so much money to resign Kyle Arrington?   

Rd 7- CB- Kayvon Webster (5-10 192)- South Florida:  Looks like the prototype BB CB prospect… physical, fast, very good triangle #’s and is a very good open field tackler.  Alternative:  CB/S- Micah Hyde - DL- Kapron Lewis-Moore - DL- Quinton Dial - S- Orhian Johnson

Rd 7-WR TJ Moe (5-11 204)- Mizzou:   A very good quicks/COD type kid that projects to the slot in the NFL.   Alternatives:  RB- Spencer Ware - TE- Michael Williams - WR- Mark Harrison - OL- Tanner Hawkinson

Sorry...don't take this personally, but these are not good picks for the Patriots. None of these selections can possibly improve their pass rush. Williams in round one is an awful pick, even if BB decides to re-commit to a 3-4 defense. The guy likely could be had late in the second round...or even in round three. The 3-4 is not the best scheme to fit the talents of BB's best young defender, DE Chandler Jones. Stedman Bailey doesn't have the elite speed or size to justify taking him over a defender in round 2. The Honey Badger is an intriguing project. He'd be worth the risk, if he can be had with the 91st overall pick.  

That said, I like your alternative selections far better. Datone Jones in round one makes far more sense than Jesse Williams. Jones is a much more scheme versatile player, who can rush the passer. Love CB D.J. Hayden in round 2...and the Honey Badger in round 3, as discussed above. I'd be pleased if the Pats could pull off that trifecta.    

I don't think DE/edge rusher is a must have... could they use some help?  Sure... I'd love Tank Carradine in Rd 1 for that reason... versatile kid with solid vs. the run and has upside as an edge rusher.  Williams has the size and power to push the pocket from the interior which is prob the best you can expect from an interior DL in a BB scheme which focuses more gap control and occupying blockers... he's also one of the strongest players in this class at the POA with a proven ability to eat up doubles... as good as VW (who isn't getting any younger) is, his career high in sacks is 3.5.

RESPONSE: You don't think improving the pass-rush is a must have"? So...I guess that you have enjoyed watching Joe Flacco and Eli Manning have all day to throw, every time they dropped back to pass, in big games against the Pats? Sorry...but Williams is a short-armed, one dimensional guy, who is worthless as a pass rusher. He'll be a two down player at best in the NFL. You're not really going to try to equate Vince with Williams, are you?? Vince can collapse the pocket on passing downs. Williams merely clogs the middle on running plays.    

Jesse Williams is a good football player that's proven in the SEC with size/strength and upside to improve his game as he develops (only started playing football at 15).  You don't like him as a player, I get it and believe it or not, I'm OK with that.

RESPONSE: No...you don't get it. It's not that I don't like Williams as a player. He's a fine prospect...as a run-stuffing NT. But, the Patriots have far greater needs than to waste a first round pick on such a limited player.

You italicizing something isn't gonna change my mind or make me agree with you... solid effort though.

Wasn't aware that elite speed was a necessity for a good NFL WR... the kid's overall game is what makes him so good and there's a chance that he may not even be available at the end of Rd 2.

RESPONSE: Really?? You pose as a knowledgable draft evaluator, yet you claim that you weren't aware that elite speed is a necessity for a deep threat WR?? FLASH...the Pats need a deep threat...not another slot guy, or possession guy. They could have had Mike Wallace in 2009...and Torrey Smith in 2011. Never mind...don't get me started. 

Hahahaha, you should also do a better job of reading what I write there, tough guy... "Wasn't aware that elite speed was a necessity for a good NFL WR."  NE needs WR's that can seperate and make plays down the field, Bailey is a kid that can do that.

I would've liked Wallace or Smith too, but they didn't draft them, so we move on... heck I wanted Randall Cobb and they took Shane Vereen... I wanted Eric Decker and they ended up with Taylor Price... it happens.

RESPONSE: Playing games with words now, are we? The Patriots don't need a WR. They need a deep threat WR...one than can stretch the field. How can you claim to follow this team, and not know that? A deep threat WR is a threat because lof his speed...which forces the opposing secondary to respect that trait...and not cheat up in coverage, or to defense the run. Such a WR forces the opposing secondary to play honest. Is it clear now...tough guy?? 

Keep clinging to your "NE has to have a deep threat to be successful", they'll keep producing like an elite offense and contending, regardless.  

Put in the tape... kid is an awesome route runner... really knows how to tempo his routes, set his man up... he's constently able to seperate on the outside, can make plays underneath and down the field, plucks the ball with his hands and has excellent ball skills, particularly over his head... reminds me some of a young Deion Branch or maybe Steve Smith (CAR)... have also seen him compared to Greg Jennings.  He also strikes me as a kid that could come in and pick up the offense quickly, get on the same page as TB, something that some previously drafted WR's were lacking.

RESPONSE: So now you're telling me that Stedman Bailey compares to Greg Jennings and Steve Smith?? And you know this because you claim to have watched tape of him performing?? Yeah...okay.

I know weird concept... you actually watch a guy play an build an opinion of him.

RESPONSE: Not saying that Bailey is a bad prospect. But, he's not the type of WR that can stretch the field. Got it??

I'm confident that both of these kids could come in and impact/improve their respective positional groups early.

RESPONSE: So...the bottom line is that you feel that a NT with zero ability to rush the passer, should be the Pats' #1 pick...and that a WR under 6'0", who lacks elite speed, is the Pats' answer as a deep threat WR. Got it. 

Williams projects as having the ability to play inside in a 43 as well as the 5 and NT in a 34 and has upside and strength to develop as a passrusher and yes I think he could/should be the Pats #1 pick.  Yes, I think Bailey and his 4.5 speed, good triangle #'s and very good all around game will help them at WR.  Figured that was pretty clear from my original post.

RESPONSE: Who says that Williams projects as such a player? Every projection that I've read has him as a 3-4 NT. What are your sources? Or...is this just your opinion gleemed from watching a highlight film?? Again...Bailey doesn't have the proto-type size or speed to be a deep threat.  

This is my opinion of him based on watching game tape and researching him as a player.

RESPONSE: Of course trading down is always an option!! The question is...considering the team needs, and who will likely be available to the Pats at pick #29...should BB do it?  

No idea, you'd have to ask me when they're on the clock or close to it to see who's available.

RESPONSE: Isn't that why you do a mock draft? If you're objective in doing one, you can formulate a pretty good idea as to who would be available to the Pats at #29. The guys you listed as possible Patriots at #29, Datone Jones aside, are second round caliber prospects. BB is big on getting value for his picks. Doesn't that, and the fact that the Pats have only 5 selections, seem to indicate a good possibility of a trade-down?  

The objective of my mock draft is to provide a list of players that I feel would be good fits at NE's idenitified draft spots, based on research.  Whether you feel that they're Rd 2 talents or not is up to you... I disagree.

This post is directed at TEXASPAT. TP I usually enjoy reading most of your posts and your game analysis, but I got to tell you I think you have gone off the deep end lately. Dont get me wrong I am not the forum police, I try to be direct but also polite to everybody here. The only person I think I am outwardly rude to is CC but that is just because I am tired of his looney attention seeking threads. (and I admit I shouldnt even be rude to him. If your reading CC I apologize and will just ignore you rather than post unbecoming remarks). But TP as much as I enjoy reading you I think you have really been rude and condescending to some posters lately. A short while ago you engaged a respected poster here TFB12 in a long drawn out namecalling ridiculous thread just because you disagreed with him.

RESPONSE: What a croc!! Yes, TFB and I strongly disagreed about him wanted to have a Fantasy Football thread permanently placed above all others. Why don't you go back and re-read those posts...and see who was rude to who. In fact, he at one time apolgized to me for some of his comments. Since that time, he and I have mended fences, and gone on. Sorry...but when I disagree with someone, I'm going to make my points. Sometimes I'll say things to bust their chops (as a native New Englander, isn't busting chops a birthrite...LOL!!)..and if somebody gets snide with me, I'm going to reciprocate in kind. As for being condescending, there's no one (Rusty excluded, of course...LOL!!) who is worse than mb. He started his draft thread at the beginning of  the 2012 season (8 months before the draft), and pontificates as if he's another Mel Kiper. When he's called on his silly predictions, he can't defend them, and catches an attitude...how dare I question him. Sorry...but when I or anyone else gives opinions, they are subnject to criticism. Why should mb be immune?

Above your name calling and outwardly rude to another respected poster just because you disagree with him?!

RESPONSE: Please point out in my posts to him how I called him names?

I really think if your  supposed to be on meds you should take them, and not skip any days.

RESPONSE: Oh please. Is that the best you can do...LOL!! Oh...so it's not okay for me to resort to personal attacks and name calling. But, it's okay if you do it?

BrdBreu said it perfectly in the above post; we can all disagree politely without going banannas on each other.

RESPONSE: Stop it!! Since when has anybody bothered to practice such civility on this board? I've been attacked on numerous occasions for my opinions. It goes with the territory. Look, if you want to worship at the altar of mb, be my guest. But first, why don't you go back and read my posts to him and his to me. You'll see that it was mb who was being condenscending. 

Personally I read this thread every day but dont post on it much because i like hearing others opinions about the draft. I enjoy reading all the posts here even yours most of the time. Please remember the words of Plato; "“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” We all got our own battles going on, this forum is supposed to be an escape not create more! Stay well!

RESPONSE: I'm not fighting any battles. I just get irritated when a guy holds himself out as being some sort of draft expert...and them gives opinions on what the Patriots will do in the draft, that have no basis in logic or fact.  

[/QUOTE]

How is this being rude to mb...when I concluded my intial post to him with this:

Sorry...don't take this personally, but these are not good picks for the Patriots. None of these selections can possibly improve their pass rush. Williams in round one is an awful pick, even if BB decides to re-commit to a 3-4 defense. The guy likely could be had late in the second round...or even in round three. The 3-4 is not the best scheme to fit the talents of BB's best young defender, DE Chandler Jones. Stedman Bailey doesn't have the elite speed or size to justify taking him over a defender in round 2. The Honey Badger is an intriguing project. He'd be worth the risk, if he can be had with the 91st overall pick.

That said, I like your alternative selections far better. Datone Jones in round one makes far more sense than Jesse Williams. Jones is a much more scheme versatile player, who can rush the passer. Love CB D.J. Hayden in round 2...and the Honey Badger in round 3, as discussed above. I'd be pleased if the Pats could pull off that trifecta.

Now...here is a portion of mb's response:

Hahahaha, you should also do a better job of reading what I write there, tough guy... "Wasn't aware that elite speed was a necessity for a good NFL WR." NE needs WR's that can seperate and make plays down the field, Bailey is a kid that can do that.

mb did the underlining. Keep in mind that he solicited responses to his mock. But, obviously, he wasn't expecting anyone to disagree with him. When I did, he got an attitude, as displayed above...and had no basis to support his opinions, other than that he allegedly "watched film" of these players...as if he were some sort of glorified scout.  

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

My thought is as follows: Like it or not, it does'nt matter to me.

I agree with TexPat in general. mbeaulieu07 already has a popular and nice Draft thread. His choice to start another Draft thread on the main floor of threads was too premature IMO. It would have been better and more appropriate, to publish an OP thread, with a pointer back to his original Draft thread, announcing that his current updated mock draft was done and can be viewed there. He could bump it at anytime. Then,  a few days before the actual NFL draft he then could move his final picks only and invite others to participate in one last scramble. Pats Picks only, words and talking are over and done at that point in time after 8 months of talk of wish lists and needs.....

Why compete with 2 other draft threads in which by themselves are different in scope? It's too bad the other two have gone off the charts already.

Have a good night ... ;-)

ps; Some People need to understand that some members do not just offer thier two cents, they offer the whole nine yards.... ;)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Godvernment's comment:

Aaron Dobson, WR (6-3, 211) — Despite a relatively quiet season for the Thundering Herd, Dobson impressed with the spotlight on during Marshall’s pro day. Dobson posted a 4.42 and 4.44 for the 40-yard dash to go along with a 4.29 in the short shuttle ran the three-cone drill in 7.2 seconds. He also put up the bar 16 times in the strength drill. An injury kept the wideout out of a game and a half last season, and the team’s desire to get playing time for some of the younger players led to Dobson’s decreased productivity. Dobson looked great catching the ball during drills. The wide receiver is an excellent athlete who is also a strong basketball player.

been on my backup picks list ricky

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to palookaski's comment:

I agree with TexPat in general. mbeaulieu07 already has a popular and nice Draft thread. His choice to start another Draft thread on the main floor of threads was too premature IMO. It would have been better and more appropriate, to publish an OP thread, with a pointer back to his original Draft thread, announcing that his current updated mock draft was done and can be viewed there. He could bump it at anytime. Then,  a few days before the actual NFL draft he then could move his final picks only and invite others to participate in one last scramble. Pats Picks only, words and talking are over and done at that point in time after 8 months of talk of wish lists and needs.....

Why compete with 2 other draft threads in which by themselves are different in scope? It's too bad the other two have gone off the charts already.

ps; Some People need to understand that some members do not just offer thier two cents, they offer the whole nine yards.... ;)

i hear yoru opinon. i disagree. anyone cna start a thread (that is not abusive) no matter the 

number. if someone, including mb, want to start a thread outside of teh main draft thread, which many dont read or respond to becasue they may not feel they have enough infortamtion to, they are in their perogative to do so. and other s are free to respond. as is eveident it got many reponses and i enjoyed the thread, disagreemnts and agreements.

tp, boorish beahvior is not excused becasue someone else on the board does it. hold  a better standard for yourself. 

my reference to this behavior not being the norm was about the main draft thread. i believe at the moment i thought i was on that thread and that culture there is what i was referring to.

no reason for respectful disagreemement to not spread to the rest of the board.

i dont know any paid nfl stafff who moonlight here, so there is no need to feel insulted or to insult others as if anyone is "the expert". if you feel you have been insulted, you can reference that if you wish, but also take the high road and respond abot topics not the other person. a healthy minde dperson with a healthy psyche shoulkd not feel threatened merely by words from a poster on bdc. if you feel affronted, you cna addres that directly, you dont need to disrespect yourself or others (in tone or verbage). 

how you treat others is truly how you treat yourself (in other words when we disrespect others we are clearly holding ourself in low regard/respect).

peace out.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

I'm pretty sure you didnt have to click the link and read it. MB puts hours in on scouting these players, and I along with many other posters appreciate the job hes doing. The original draft thread has about 5000 post and to be honest, I get lost on it. So Im very glad he started another post and I hope he starts one more about a week from the draft. Who the hellmade you the boss of this website? Would you rather see another TO tread started or how about another troll coming on. I actually agreed with TexasPat that the Pats biggest need is a DE with pass rush capabilities, but that doesnt make my mocks any better than his. Its just my opinion.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

I'm not going to get into an argument over this, but I will chime in and say that I really appreciate that MB starts this thread every year.  Not only that, but I love that he starts it at the beginning of the college football season.  It's cool to come on here and talk about a College player who is looking good during the season and then discuss his Patriots/NFL Draft future.  Tex, you can disagree with MB's, or anyone's mock all you want.  We all disagree with each other's draft thoughts here, that is part of the fun and it makes us all more knowledgeable come draft day.  Don't be a jerk though.  Say what you want, but you clearly have a personal problem with MB, and I have no idea why.  No one spends more time looking at tape and breaking down a player's strengths/weakness than that guy, and I for one am damn glad that he shares his assessments on this board.  A his evaluations perfect?  No.  Is anyone perfect when it comes to assessing draft prospects?  NO.  That's what makes it great.  Keep up the good work, MB.  Don't worry about this clown.  I have two young kids, and I've still never seen a tantrum like the one Tex threw when NE drafted Tavon Wilson last year.  I was embarassed for him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Please refer to my message to toolfinder on tab 1 of this thread.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

TP,

If you can't understand the concept of evaluating a player on tape (which is confusing considering that you're known for your game grade threads which require the same usage of video/other forms of media to evaluate), then researching his background to form an opinion/projection, then there's not much I can do or say to help you.

I personally don't care if you disagree with my evaluations, projections or opinions, you're free to do so... heck it's expected, but it doesn't change anything on my end... as I stated in our original correspondence.

In the meantime, please proceed with your ad hominem fallacies, they're entertaining... and quite flattering.

Best Regards,

Mike Kiper Jr.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Hey TP...

I don't think anyone here claims to be an expert. I consider the people who post on this thread on regular basis to be draft hobbyists in addition to being Pats fans. Some more avid than others. Some more opinionated than others. Bottomline is that nobody here is expert enough to make money out of these comments/opinions. You'll find the "experts" on espn and similar outlets. 

Each one of us could choose to do this hobby in isolation. With or without this thread, I would be doing my mock drafts anyway. The board simply allows us to exercise this hobby in a more social setting. To me, I am glad to know there are others who share the same interest. I find the diversity of ideas and opinions and the exchange of it more enlightening than simply reading the Mel Kipers of the word. 

There is a good reason why this thread shows so much longevity year in year out. People follow it and like the exchange. And despite differences of opinion, people have been respectful of those differences. Seldom do you find people saying the other person is wrong or a moron for saying something different. They say what they think and can agree to disagree. I personally hope it stays that way.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

TP,

If you can't understand the concept of evaluating a player on tape (which is confusing considering that you're known for your game grade threads which require the same usage of video/other forms of media to evaluate), then researching his background to form an opinion/projection, then there's not much I can do or say to help you.

I personally don't care if you disagree with my evaluations, projections or opinions, you're free to do so... heck it's expected, but it doesn't change anything on my end... as I stated in our original correspondence.

In the meantime, please proceed with your ad hominem fallacies, they're entertaining... and quite flattering.

Best Regards,

Mike Kiper Jr.

thanks kipe. i read everythign you write....

(in fun)

:)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

Hey TP...

I don't think anyone here claims to be an expert. I consider the people who post on this thread on regular basis to be draft hobbyists in addition to being Pats fans. Some more avid than others. Some more opinionated than others. Bottomline is that nobody here is expert enough to make money out of these comments/opinions. You'll find the "experts" on espn and similar outlets. 

Each one of us could choose to do this hobby in isolation. With or without this thread, I would be doing my mock drafts anyway. The board simply allows us to exercise this hobby in a more social setting. To me, I am glad to know there are others who share the same interest. I find the diversity of ideas and opinions and the exchange of it more enlightening than simply reading the Mel Kipers of the word. 

There is a good reason why this thread shows so much longevity year in year out. People follow it and like the exchange. And despite differences of opinion, people have been respectful of those differences. Seldom do you find people saying the other person is wrong or a moron for saying something different. They say what they think and can agree to disagree. I personally hope it stays that way.

one lone outpost of decency on a board where indecency is more the norm much of the time.

here here seattle.

im glad for this off main draft thread. and for this discussion about the tp-mb interaction. i hope it allows othes to read it and spread teh culture of respecting others (and oneself) when we communicate (whter agre, disagree or indifferent). the world id  better place as a result.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

tp, while you make most of the football points ive been making a good long time, i dont get why your post needs to be an attack on anyone, mb in particualr.

RESPONSE: Excuse me...but since when is anybody on this forum not entitled to be criticized for their opinions? I'm sorry...but your buddy mb passes himself off as some kind of draft expert, and then gives some ridiculous predictions about who the Patriots will take...that make absolutely no sense. He can't defend his choices. So...why should he get a pass?

the cool thing about this thread is posters share thier opinon, inlcudluding disagreements, without making it personal, without irritation, with respect and appreciation for themself and other posters.

RESPONSE: Stop it!! Again, why is this guy immune to criticism? He blathers about the draft for months...and then comes up with these ridiculous choices. If you bother to go back and read my initial response to mb, you'll see that I stated that my responses were nothing personal. In fact, if you look at his mb's response, you'll see that he popped off with an attitude...instead of defending his picks, and addressing my criticisms of them.  

i think an apology is in order and a change in behavior.

RESPONSE: You're out of your mind! Apologize for what? For being right? If you want to worship at his altar, fine. But, I call them as I see 'em...and this guy obviously doesn't know what he's talking about. If this were Rusty or Babe, instead of the self proclaimed "God of the Draft", would you be coming to their aid as well?  

this is how it could look:

i disagree with player x in rd 1, i have player y. here's why i disagree.

and on and on.

RESPONSE: Oh please!! If he can't handle criticism, then he should pontificate as he does. 

respect for oneself and others. that's what it's all about. and that's what makes this fun.

RESPONSE: Sorry...but don't pass yourself off as some sort of draft expert, if you can't defend your picks...and if you can't handle criticism.

Sorry you're not having a good day.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

Hey TP...

one lone outpost of decency on a board where indecency is more the norm much of the time.

here here seattle.

im glad for this off main draft thread. and for this discussion about the tp-mb interaction. i hope it allows othes to read it and spread teh culture of respecting others (and oneself) when we communicate (whter agre, disagree or indifferent). the world id  better place as a result.

Actually, I got confused there. I mentioned something about the longevity of the thread as I thought I was in the main draft thread.  Oh well. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

TP,

Best Regards,

Mike Kiper Jr.

So now, mb, you're passing yourself off as Mel Kiper, Jr.? Congratulations! You've just graduated, from a fraud to a loon. Seriously friend...seek help.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Hey boys...your draft superhero just passed himself off as Mel Kiper, Jr. You be the judge.

Sections
Shortcuts