***My Latest Mock Draft 4-7-13***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Re: ***My Latest Mock Draft 4-7-13***

Incidently, the real Mel Kiper has Jesse Williams rated as a mid second day selection...pegging him as a 3-4 NT. He has WR Steadman Bailey Going in round three. Kiper lists the Pats' greatest needs at WR and CB. He had the Pats taking WR Justin Hunter at #29, and CB Tyrann Mathieu at #61. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Action-Jackson. Show Action-Jackson's posts

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

Death of a thread.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OutofTownPATS Fan. Show OutofTownPATS Fan's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

Well I certainly don't think it's a lock for BB to make a pick at #29; could easily see him moving down to pickup more chips... but I prefer to project based on players that I think coud interest them and be avaiable at their assigned draft slots vs. trying to come up with a hypothetical trade scenario... just for the sake of doing so.  If you have a specific trade in mind that makes sense for both parties, it'd be fun to discuss...

seeing that the Skins have no first round pick, how about our first to Wash for their 2nd (51) and 4th (119)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to OutofTownPATS Fan's comment:

Well I certainly don't think it's a lock for BB to make a pick at #29; could easily see him moving down to pickup more chips... but I prefer to project based on players that I think coud interest them and be avaiable at their assigned draft slots vs. trying to come up with a hypothetical trade scenario... just for the sake of doing so.  If you have a specific trade in mind that makes sense for both parties, it'd be fun to discuss...

seeing that the Skins have no first round pick, how about our first to Wash for their 2nd (51) and 4th (119)

Looks like a deal BB might try to engineer.  Given that scenario he might even try to wangle a 2014 pick as well although that might be pushing it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

Hey boys...your draft superhero just passed himself off as Mel Kiper, Jr. You be the judge.

MB dont do that to yourself!! Thats a step down.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

TP,

If you can't understand the concept of evaluating a player on tape (which is confusing considering that you're known for your game grade threads which require the same usage of video/other forms of media to evaluate), then researching his background to form an opinion/projection, then there's not much I can do or say to help you.

I personally don't care if you disagree with my evaluations, projections or opinions, you're free to do so... heck it's expected, but it doesn't change anything on my end... as I stated in our original correspondence.

In the meantime, please proceed with your ad hominem fallacies, they're entertaining... and quite flattering.

Best Regards,

Mike Kiper Jr.

So now, mb, you're passing yourself off as Mel Kiper, Jr.? Congratulations! You've just graduated, from a fraud to a loon. Seriously friend...seek help.

What's up ur arss? MB is one of the best contributors on this board, and many including myself appreciate his draft thread For what it is. A chance to learn about and discuss potential Pats picks without the childish banter of most of the threads on this board. 

Maybe you have too much time on your hands, or maybe you are jonesing because you haven't done a scorecard in some time. Whatever it is, your antics are turning folks off. Quit while your behind TP.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

One request to the posters on the thread...

Let's move on and focus discussions on draft ideas and opinions. I think several people have already made the point of wanting to keep the conversations the way they were.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I, for one, am interested in what everyone's thoughts might be on the various trade/draft scenarios.  For example:

*Mallett for whatever value (2nd, 3rd, whatever)

*BB trading out of the 1st rd - will he go for another second and a fourth or perhaps a 2nd or 3rd and a 2014 pick

*Is there someone other than Mallett on the roster that he'd offer up for a pick

Or whatever other off the wall (or not) BB-contrived (or not) trade possibility you can conjure up.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey ATJ,

My responses below:

I, for one, am interested in what everyone's thoughts might be on the various trade/draft scenarios.  For example:

*Mallett for whatever value (2nd, 3rd, whatever)... As far as draft pick compensation goes, I think Day 2 is the ceiling... don't see them landing a Rd 1 pick.

*BB trading out of the 1st rd - will he go for another second and a fourth or perhaps a 2nd or 3rd and a 2014 pick

Tough to project... I still think it depends who's on the board/available and if he believes his identified target could be available a bit later.  I think he's always looking to trade back where he can to pickup additional picks.

*Is there someone other than Mallett on the roster that he'd offer up for a pick.

No one that comes to mind, IMO... people have talked about trading Spikes, but I think he's one of the few players on the current defense that's willing to come up and punch the other team in the face and I think BB values that edge and toughness. 

Or whatever other off the wall (or not) BB-contrived (or not) trade possibility you can conjure up.

I do like the idea of trading Mallet to Cleveland for DT Phil Taylor or WR Josh Gordon as a few others have mentioned (in lieu of their Rd 2 pick), but I don't know how willing Lombardi would be.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey ATJ,

My resonses below:

*Mallett for whatever value (2nd, 3rd, whatever)... As far as draft pick compensation goes, I think Day 2 is the ceiling... don't see them landing a Rd 1 pick.

Tough to project... I still think it depends who's on the board/available and if he believes his identified target could be available a bit later.  I think he's always looking to trade back where he can to pickup additional picks.

*Is there someone other than Mallett on the roster that he'd offer up for a pick.

No one that comes to mind, IMO... people have talked about trading Spikes, but I think he's one of the few players on the current defense that's willing to come up and punch the other team in the face and I think BB values that edge and toughness. 

I do like the idea of trading Mallet to Cleveland for DT Phil Taylor or WR Josh Gordon as a few others have mentioned (in lieu of their Rd 2 pick), but I don't know how willing Lombardi would be.

MB

Agree - Mallett trade is definitely a day 2 scenario if it happens; sometimes I think a 2 for sure, other times I'm not so sure

Pretty much agree on that it will depend on the landscape at the time re: stay or trade out of first round.  Who knows what BB has in mind but I'm of the opinion he's trading that first pick

RE: trading a player for a pick, before Gronk's status became more uncertain I was toying with the idea that he'd consider trading Ballard for the right offer

Otherwise the only current roster player I think he'd trade is Mallett.

My 2 cents adjusted for sequester.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Incidently, the real Mel Kiper has Jesse Williams rated as a mid second day selection...pegging him as a 3-4 NT. He has WR Steadman Bailey Going in round three. Kiper lists the Pats' greatest needs at WR and CB. He had the Pats taking WR Justin Hunter at #29, and CB Tyrann Mathieu at #61. 

i believe walter fooball had j williams in the 3rd rd, if i wasnt on drugs when i read it that day (i jest, of course. i only put in my body what it thrives on). 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

One request to the posters on the thread...

Let's move on and focus discussions on draft ideas and opinions. I think several people have already made the point of wanting to keep the conversations the way they were.

absolutlely.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

TP,

If you can't understand the concept of evaluating a player on tape (which is confusing considering that you're known for your game grade threads which require the same usage of video/other forms of media to evaluate), then researching his background to form an opinion/projection, then there's not much I can do or say to help you.

I personally don't care if you disagree with my evaluations, projections or opinions, you're free to do so... heck it's expected, but it doesn't change anything on my end... as I stated in our original correspondence.

In the meantime, please proceed with your ad hominem fallacies, they're entertaining... and quite flattering.

Best Regards,

Mike Kiper Jr.

So now, mb, you're passing yourself off as Mel Kiper, Jr.? Congratulations! You've just graduated, from a fraud to a loon. Seriously friend...seek help.

What's up ur arss? MB is one of the best contributors on this board, and many including myself appreciate his draft thread For what it is. A chance to learn about and discuss potential Pats picks without the childish banter of most of the threads on this board. 

Maybe you have too much time on your hands, or maybe you are jonesing because you haven't done a scorecard in some time. Whatever it is, your antics are turning folks off. Quit while your behind TP.

I have too much time on my hands? This "major BDC contributor" started his draft thread eight (8) months before the draft, at the start of the 2012 football season. Isn't Rusty also a "major BDC contributor", also? But hey, go ahead and worship Mr. Wonderful, mb, if you want to. It wasn't I who claimed to be Mel Kiper, Jr. Why don't you go back and read the posts before you shoot off your mouth. This guy is both a fraud, and a loon. Sorry if I'm disturbing your BDC world view. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

TP,

Best Regards,

Mike Kiper Jr.

I have too much time on my hands? This "major BDC contributor" started his draft thread eight (8) months before the draft, at the start of the 2012 football season. Isn't Rusty also a "major BDC contributor", also? But hey, go ahead and worship Mr. Wonderful, mb, if you want to. It wasn't I who claimed to be Mel Kiper, Jr. Why don't you go back and read the posts before you shoot off your mouth. This guy is both a fraud, and a loon. Sorry if I'm disturbing your BDC world view. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

Matt Elam. I was high on him before and I think he is just as good as Vacarro. I think BB is going to have a very hard time passing on him if he is there there at 29. It could also be a spot for the Pats to trade with Baltimore because they could be looking for a safety. San Fran will also need a safety and this will allow the Pats trade 3 picks back and gain a 4th rounder. Look for Baltimore to trade in front of San Fran to grab Elam.

Sections
Shortcuts