my observations at the game...................

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

my observations at the game...................

For the first time in years .............the stadium was a morgue........there was no noise at all the whole game. I actually had a lady tell me to sit down and shut up.....you could hear a pindrop in the place.........not good.........obviously something is wrong with Brady bigtime....his pass's were off most of the day....finger / ribs /shouldr takeyour pick but he is hurting bigtime.......my bigthing I have picked up on a lack of anyone stepping up a a third wr.....Edleman and Aiken have tried but its not there.......years past it was Troy Brown, Donte Stallworth, Gaffney.......I thought (don't kill me) Maroney ran hard and well when he could.......I have taken a liken to Brandon McGowan but he didn't play much so I was dissapointed........over all I had a better time tailgating and if we played a better caliber team I think we would have been throttled!!!!!!!  just my thoughts........FANS NEED TO BE LOUDER NO QUESTION!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: my observations at the game...................

Fans cheer when the team plays well, the team doesn't play well because the fans are cheering. 

Teams need to find ways to make plays when they are down because the fans can't get them to do it.  The players started making plays and then they got cheered.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

In Response to my observations at the game...................:
    [QUOTE]For the first time in years .............the stadium was a morgue........there was no noise at all the whole game. I actually had a lady tell me to sit down and shut up.....you could hear a pindrop in the place.........not good.........obviously something is wrong with Brady bigtime....his pass's were off most of the day....finger / ribs /shouldr takeyour pick but he is hurting bigtime.......my bigthing I have picked up on a lack of anyone stepping up a a third wr.....Edleman and Aiken have tried but its not there.......years past it was Troy Brown, Donte Stallworth, Gaffney.......I thought (don't kill me) Maroney ran hard and well when he could.......I have taken a liken to Brandon McGowan but he didn't play much so I was dissapointed........over all I had a better time tailgating and if we played a better caliber team I think we would have been throttled!!!!!!!  just my thoughts........FANS NEED TO BE LOUDER NO QUESTION!!!!
    Posted by EASON11[/QUOTE]

There's a reason that I refer to the place as Gillette Country Club on these boards, and that's because of games like yesterday's.

I agree wholeheartedly - most fans were just there to enjoy the experience. Given Christmas debt, a lot of people were selling their tickets for the game.  The few who were there and wanted to cheer were dumb and inexperienced fans, like the idiots in the last two seats to the left in the fourth row of section 110 who were trying to get people to stand up and make noise when the Patriots were on offense.

Having said this, it wasn't much worse than any other game I've attended.  When I look around, I usually only see 1/10 people cheering.  Throw in the fact that the club seat people stayed inside (resulting in 8,000 less cheering fans, not that the yuppies cheer anyway) and it really exacerbated the problem.  It's the first time I've ever wondered about the Patriots piping in noise... (because, like the shots panning the crowds at Colts games, nobody had their mouths open, yet somehow there was "crowd noise").

At least the people behind me are friendly now, and no longer ask my family to sit and be quiet when the defense faces a third down...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: my observations at the game...................:
    [QUOTE]Fans cheer when the team plays well, the team doesn't play well because the fans are cheering.  Teams need to find ways to make plays when they are down because the fans can't get them to do it.  The players started making plays and then they got cheered.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

Bandwagon fans only cheer when their team is doing well.

Fans should cheer no matter what.  That's pretty much the definition of being a fan in the first place.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I was cheering my but off! I'm in Tucson AZ so you probably did nt hear me. LoL

Go Pats!
    Fans get louder(when we are on D)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: my observations at the game................... : Bandwagon fans only cheer when their team is doing well. Fans should cheer no matter what.  That's pretty much the definition of being a fan in the first place.
    Posted by NickC1188[/QUOTE]

So I guess you were jumping out of your seat cheering after Moss fumbled. 

You are confusing figurative "cheering for your team to win" with literal clapping and cheering.  Fans attend or watch games, want thier team to win, think they will win every game but they don't cheer on bad plays. 

You can disagree with me and obviously you do but the fact is stands get quiet if the team hasn't played well for a while.  You would look stupid if you cheered on every play as the opposing team throws the ball for completions.  I just think teams have to make plays even when things aren't going well and the stadium isn't loud or they will never get themseleves back in a game, or win on the road.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

I was just dissapointed with the fan reaction to a Decemeber game with 1st place at stake . I was expecting more..................... 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

As much as the old stadium was a dump I just liked it better....'cause it was our dump and it was rowdy raucous and full of FOOTBALL fans not families out on a date. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

I've been a Patriots fan in Atlanta for a while and I actually flew up for the Miami game. That was the first thing I noticed, that the crowd wasn't as loud as I had expected. I know it may sound ridiculous, but i'd kill to go see a game at the old stadium. Just to at least experience what it was like. I've read a few books on the Patriots and I've read many, many accounts on how dysfunctional that facility was. Still, I felt it was a better home-field advantage. I think the biggest advantage for Patriots home games is the weather conditions and not necessarily the crowd. Maybe it's normal for people that go to numerous games a year but that was the only one I had been to thus far. Hoping to fly down to Miami...........Laughing

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: my observations at the game................... : So I guess you were jumping out of your seat cheering after Moss fumbled.  You are confusing figurative "cheering for your team to win" with literal clapping and cheering.  Fans attend or watch games, want thier team to win, think they will win every game but they don't cheer on bad plays.  You can disagree with me and obviously you do but the fact is stands get quiet if the team hasn't played well for a while.  You would look stupid if you cheered on every play as the opposing team throws the ball for completions.  I just think teams have to make plays even when things aren't going well and the stadium isn't loud or they will never get themseleves back in a game, or win on the road.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

Yea, well when most of the stadium sits down or goes inside because it's raining and the defense gave up another first down, my comment is warranted.  And that's exactly what happened yesterday.

The crowd was flat from the very beginning, long before they had excuses to be flat.  There's no reason why you shouldn't be standing and screaming when the team is playing defense - that's when home field advantage is supposed to have its greatest effect (messing up opposing offenses' communication).

Stop making excuses for the fact that 9/10 people at Gillette Country Club weren't cheering when they should have been.

And yes, you can jeer them when they mess up, but that's no excuse for staying silent on the plays right after that.  You're no better as fans than you all accuse Moss of being as a player if you check out when you think things aren't going well enough to warranted cheering.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

[QUOTE]As much as the old stadium was a dump I just liked it better....'cause it was our dump and it was rowdy raucous and full of FOOTBALL fans not families out on a date. 
    Posted by harleyroadking103[/QUOTE]

My frat used to run one of the concession stands there; got to see a lot of games...those were the days!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

That one wasnt as bad as the Sunday night game I went to a few years ago against Jake Plummer and the Bronco's. I got asked to sit down by security because I was standing up and cheering on all defensive 3rd downs. Gillette is a joke for noise. The place is truly like a country club.

And I agree Foxboro Stadium was much better for a game. People were on top of the field and no one wanted to sit down in the high school bleachers

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ritchie-az. Show Ritchie-az's posts

Raptor64d,
    How do you like Tucson? You at D-M?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjrpatfan. Show mjrpatfan's posts

Guys.. I can barely speak today... between the cold driving rain and my screaming at the top of my lungs (while D was on the field)..... Last night, drinking water hurt it was so raw!

Seats were all full until the rain came. At that point, the place appeared to be 1/3 full. Rain sucked, but supporting our team was why I was there! I can say that it seemed like at least 100 people in line at all times for the ladies room (what's up with that?).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]I was cheering my but off! I'm in Tucson AZ so you probably did nt hear me. LoL Go Pats! Fans get louder(when we are on D)
    Posted by raptor64d[/QUOTE]

What do you mean? You aren't convinced that they can hear you through the TV? I am sure they can hear me. And they also seem to know if I am wearing my Pats jersey during the game. 

I swear that Bruschi once looked at the camera and said, "Hey Enoch! Keep it up!", but that was a few years ago now and I may not remember correctly.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

I went to the opening game this season against Buffalo and I was at the game last year against Denver. 

I'll be honest about this one.. It was SO MUCH louder this year against Buffalo than any other game i've been to.  I've been to several SEC football games and have never heard a crowd as loud as they got that night when the Pats stripped the ball out on the kickoff and after they scored to take the lead.  Everyone I was with said the same thing about the noise level, they couldn't believe how loud it was because we've been to several SEC football games and everyone talks about how loud those are.. then the Pats crowd was so much louder than that.. we were surprised.

My voice was gone by halftime at the Denver game and the Buffalo game.  I was yelling and cheering the whole time (except when the Pats offense was in the huddle or at the line of scrimmage). 

I would love to go to more games, but since I live in Arkansas it's not that easy/affordable to go to very many games.  Hoping to move up to the Foxboro area after my gf and I get out of college, so maybe i'll get to go to more games then. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

[QUOTE]Raptor64d, How do you like Tucson? You at D-M?
    Posted by Ritchie_az[/QUOTE]

I love Tucson, the Sanoran Desert is nice. I am not at DM, I am a retired from the Army and work as a contractor for the Guard at Silverbell Army heliport in Marana and still get to fly the Longbow!!!!!

Go Pats!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: my observations at the game................... : What do you mean? You aren't convinced that they can hear you through the TV? I am sure they can hear me. And they also seem to know if I am wearing my Pats jersey during the game.  I swear that Bruschi once looked at the camera and said, "Hey Enoch! Keep it up!", but that was a few years ago now and I may not remember correctly.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

LoL. My wife keeps telling me they can't hear me, but what does she know!!! :)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

I was loud.  Booing loud in the 2nd quarter.  Also cheering for the D on 3rd down, as usual.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ritchie-az. Show Ritchie-az's posts

"I love Tucson, the Sanoran Desert is nice. I am not at DM, I am a retired from the Army and work as a contractor for the Guard at Silverbell Army heliport in Marana and still get to fly the Longbow!!!!!"

I lived in Tucson for three years, but just moved to the Phoenix area.
    You say you still fly, what is your call sign (Redhawk?)?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocher. Show rocher's posts

[QUOTE]As much as the old stadium was a dump I just liked it better....'cause it was our dump and it was rowdy raucous and full of FOOTBALL fans not families out on a date. 
    Posted by harleyroadking103[/QUOTE]
     Translation.." it was full of drunk , verbally abusive guys"

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: my observations at the game................... :  Translation.." it was full of drunk , verbally abusive guys"
    Posted by rocher[/QUOTE]

And not pretentious women and their respect-lacking, disinterested, self-entitled children.

I went to games in Foxborough.  I thoroughly miss the days when I, at 4-8 years old, could join the crowd in cussing out Jimmy Johnson when the Dolphins came to town, or getting the Tampa defensive line to flip us the bird along with Keyshawn Johnson.  Were we bad people?  I've done almost a thousand hours of volunteer work since then, sport a 3.5 GPA, work part time, do karate, and never once had my character questioned.

Believe it or not, there are actually much worse things on TV and in movies than a bunch of drunk guys enjoying themselves and the sport they love while dropping the occasional f-bomb.  And if your kids play Grand Theft Auto, you really ought to G*F*Y.

Go burn a bra.  Or better yet, hire a marriage counselor or divorce attorney.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I don't care what happens outside of the 50x120 yd rectangle in the middle of the field.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

[QUOTE]"I love Tucson, the Sanoran Desert is nice. I am not at DM, I am a retired from the Army and work as a contractor for the Guard at Silverbell Army heliport in Marana and still get to fly the Longbow!!!!!" I lived in Tucson for three years, but just moved to the Phoenix area. You say you still fly, what is your call sign (Redhawk?)?
    Posted by Ritchie_az[/QUOTE]

Yes, I work with the Guard and The Singapore AF.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsgirl6. Show patsgirl6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: my observations at the game................... : And not pretentious women and their respect-lacking, disinterested, self-entitled children. I went to games in Foxborough.  I thoroughly miss the days when I, at 4-8 years old, could join the crowd in cussing out Jimmy Johnson when the Dolphins came to town, or getting the Tampa defensive line to flip us the bird along with Keyshawn Johnson.  Were we bad people?  I've done almost a thousand hours of volunteer work since then, sport a 3.5 GPA, work part time, do karate, and never once had my character questioned. Believe it or not, there are actually much worse things on TV and in movies than a bunch of drunk guys enjoying themselves and the sport they love while dropping the occasional f-bomb.  And if your kids play Grand Theft Auto, you really ought to G*F*Y. Go burn a bra.  Or better yet, hire a marriage counselor or divorce attorney.
    Posted by NickC1188[/QUOTE]

Amen!!  I loved going to Foxboro.. I have stopped going to games all together since its been Gillette. The passion for football I have cannot be contained for some perrier soda water drinking panzy.. sorry. Its a tough sport... deal with it.

I hear Matt Light talking about it week after week on the radio.. "the fans need to MAKE NOISE"..

Even Fox said this weeks game was the quietest game they were ever at. Sad.

Sections
Shortcuts