My Point of View

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

My Point of View

You guys may know me from the B's side of things.  I rarely post on your side other than to kick dirt at Rusty, but do read here often.  To say the least, I'm a Pats fan.  I have been all my life.

Anyway, this Hernandez stuff is pretty bad news, but not all that surprising.  He's a bad guy, plain and simple.  After reading about all of his failed drug tests, I never wanted him to make the team.  That's just not the type of player that I like to cheer for...ever. 

This embarrassment to the franchise and to us fans will hopefully be the final embarrassment that Belichick has the opportunity to create.  Aside from his poor personnel decisions and current streak of seasons ending without Superbowl victories, change is good. 

To me (and many fans), Belichick isn't the Patriots.  Tom Brady is. 

I think it's time to send Belichick on his way.  This opinion may or may not be shared here.  Some of my friends agree, others don't.  I just wanted to check in with an opinion from a regular, everyday Pats fan.  You guys are hardcore, just like we are for hockey over at the B's side.  I can fully respect that.

(And to my fellow Pats fans, I'm sorry this is happening to you/us.  We all take great pride in our teams.  This is terrible.)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Re: My Point of View

I understand your frustration...upsets me as well. If I may say though...BB and TB have created this great run as a duo. I don't believe one would have succeded without the other. Whatever it is it has worked for them.

I believe that giving guys a chance is worthy....when you have sucess you get a bit bolder and take deeper and riskier chances...again I lay no blame.

There will always be the straw that breaks the Camels back and Hernandez will be it. The Patriots will be more cautious going forward.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Hey Not-A-Shot. There are a few here who share your opinion but not me. It's negative press, yes but I don't see how it's an embarassment. The Patriots did nothing but give the guy a chance. If not the Patriots then some other team would have. Hernandez is a marvelous football player and that's what puts fans in the stands. He apparantly is a bad human. Many football players are not good people but they keep their noses clean to keep the paychecks coming. Hernandez could not. It's not the fault of the Patriots for taking a chance on him.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

You guys may know me from the B's side of things.  I rarely post on your side other than to kick dirt at Rusty, but do read here often.  To say the least, I'm a Pats fan.  I have been all my life.

Anyway, this Hernandez stuff is pretty bad news, but not all that surprising.  He's a bad guy, plain and simple.  After reading about all of his failed drug tests, I never wanted him to make the team.  That's just not the type of player that I like to cheer for...ever. 

This embarrassment to the franchise and to us fans will hopefully be the final embarrassment that Belichick has the opportunity to create.  Aside from his poor personnel decisions and current streak of seasons ending without Superbowl victories, change is good. 

To me (and many fans), Belichick isn't the Patriots.  Tom Brady is. 

I think it's time to send Belichick on his way.  This opinion may or may not be shared here.  Some of my friends agree, others don't.  I just wanted to check in with an opinion from a regular, everyday Pats fan.  You guys are hardcore, just like we are for hockey over at the B's side.  I can fully respect that.

(And to my fellow Pats fans, I'm sorry this is happening to you/us.  We all take great pride in our teams.  This is terrible.)

[QUOTE]

Good to hear from the Bs side of the house. Can we end the next game in regulation? My heart can't take any more OT. Not to mention the lack of sleep...great series so far.

But about BB...this is what you (and others advocating BB's removal as GM) need to consider. First, if you remove him as GM he's gone period. Neither his contract nor his ego would permit him to work for someone else. It aint happening. He can go to about 23 teams and they'll happily give him the keys to the kingdom. He's not playing second banana to anyone at this stage of his life, he doesn't need to.

You can say what you want about this Hernandez deal or Spygate or whatever else you want to bring up, he is enormously respected in the NFL.

Also, think about how much money he has made for Kraft and how much he continues to make year after year. Do you think Kraft wants to break that up? Over this? So an employee went bad, so what? Are they going to sell fewer tickets because of this?

This is a temporary situation, Hernandez is disposable.  Belichick is the best thing that ever happened to Bob Kraft (as far as the Patriots are concerned). He's a damn good earner.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Good to hear from the Bs side of the house. Can we end the next game in regulation? My heart can't take any more OT. Not to mention the lack of sleep...great series so far.

No doubt!  A 4-0 win in regulation is what I want to see negt game.  Actually the next 2 games!

[QUOTE]

But about BB...this is what you (and others advocating BB's removal as GM) need to consider. First, if you remove him as GM he's gone period. Neither his contract nor his ego would permit him to work for someone else. It aint happening. He can go to about 23 teams and they'll happily give him the keys to the kingdom. He's not playing second banana to anyone at this stage of his life, he doesn't need to.

You can say what you want about this Hernandez deal or Spygate or whatever else you want to bring up, he is enormously respected in the NFL.

Also, think about how much money he has made for Kraft and how much he continues to make year after year. Do you think Kraft wants to break that up? Over this? So an employee went bad, so what? Are they going to sell fewer tickets because of this?

This is a temporary situation, Hernandez is disposable.  Belichick is the best thing that ever happened to Bob Kraft (as far as the Patriots are concerned). He's a damn good earner.

[/QUOTE]

I would like to see BB step down as GM and focus on just coaching, let someone else handle the GM part.  But you are right, no way will BB let go of any control.  If he is asked to give up the GM position then yeah, he is gone.   So since I want him to still be the HC, I guess we can just hope he learns from his mistakes and makes better decisions, maybe listens to others a bit more.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

No doubt!  A 4-0 win in regulation is what I want to see negt game.  Actually the next 2 games!

I would like to see BB step down as GM and focus on just coaching, let someone else handle the GM part.  But you are right, no way will BB let go of any control.  If he is asked to give up the GM position then yeah, he is gone.   So since I want him to still be the HC, I guess we can just hope he learns from his mistakes and makes better decisions, maybe listens to others a bit more.

Then, Tom Brady, go into his office and say it to his face. You are afterall, Tom Brady. Right? Strange. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

(I hope the guys can win in regulation.  My heart cannot take many more overtime minutes!)

I'm not suggesting that they take his title away.  I'm suggesting that they take his parking spot.  Send him packing.  If you don't change with the times, the times change around you.  People can hold him to the highest regard for his cap management and his regular season success. 

The Pats have long held out for public adoration with their projected honor.  This reduces it significantly.  He shouldn't have been drafted, nor should he ever have shook Bob Kraft's hand.  Only one person is to blame for that.

They won't sell fewer tickets because of this, but mistakes are piling up, so are the years between SB victories.  The love will not last forever, just ask the Cleveland Indians.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

There were more people invloved than just BB with a contract that big. The Krafts were intimately involved. For all you know, the idea of the extension at that time might have come from Robert Kraft.  Whe Hernandez go he extension, he singled out Kraft for thanks, and not BB.

Living well is the best revenge.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

Then, Tom Brady, go into his office and say it to his face. You are afterall, Tom Brady. Right? Strange. 

Yes, I'm really Tom Brady since my user name on a fan forum is TFB12!  Good one!

So did your parents really name you RallyC?  You are really RallyC aren't you? Bwahahahahaha!!  Keep it up RallyC, I will keep embarrassing you like the last time you were on here before you took that forum vacation.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I'm not suggesting that they take his title away.  I'm suggesting that they take his parking spot.  Send him packing.  If you don't change with the times, the times change around you.  People can hold him to the highest regard for his cap management and his regular season success. 

The Pats have long held out for public adoration with their projected honor.  This reduces it significantly.  He shouldn't have been drafted, nor should he ever have shook Bob Kraft's hand.  Only one person is to blame for that.

They won't sell fewer tickets because of this, but mistakes are piling up, so are the years between SB victories.  The love will not last forever, just ask the Cleveland Indians.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but they keep winning 11-plus games every year and along with the mistakes, the money is piling up too. And there is nothing else more important than that to Kraft. He's a lot like Jacobs in that regard. In fact, he's exactly the same. If any of this caused him to lose money, he'd be gone.

Not sure what the Indians have to do with it, they haven't won since what was it, 1948? Denny Galehouse, right?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]

Yes, I'm really Tom Brady since my user name on a fan forum is TFB12!  Good one!

So did your parents really name you RallyC?  You are really RallyC aren't you? Bwahahahahaha!!  Keep it up RallyC, I will keep embarrassing you like the last time you were on here before you took that forum vacation.

[/QUOTE]
    Yes Mr Brady, i am RallyC. An original. Did u know you have the same name, face, and wear the same uniform as Tom Beady? What a coincidence, you strange, sad, little fantasizer. R u embarrassed of being you? Pretty lucky to be Tom Brady, Tom! Feel good? Must be better than who you really are eh? Freak. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Yes Mr Brady, i am RallyC. An original. Did u know you have the same name, face, and wear the same uniform as the Tom Brady? What a coincidence, you strange, sad, little fantasizer. R u embarrassed of being you? Pretty lucky to be Tom Brady, Tom! Feel good? How do the wife and kids feel about their Dad wanting to be Tom Brady so badly that be went the full distance? Must be better than who you really are eh? Freak. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In Belichick I Trust...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Yes Mr Brady, i am RallyC. An original. Did u know you have the same name, face, and wear the same uniform as Tom Beady? What a coincidence, you strange, sad, little fantasizer. R u embarrassed of being you? Pretty lucky to be Tom Brady, Tom! Feel good? Must be better than who you really are eh? Freak. 

[/QUOTE]

RallyC!  So everyone calls you Rally?  LOL!  Um, ok!  I hope you did better when you named your kids. Do you have kids?

What's funny is looking at all the different screen names and avatars on here your little schtick is embarrassing you.  If you have not noticed most people here use pictures of other people, players, places and made up names... That's what you do on a forum, that's part of the fun.  You have a silly blank square and use your funny name.  Sorry you don't know how to change your avatar, I am sure there are instructions or someone can walk you through it.  Don't feel ashamed to ask for help around here.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Yeah, but they keep winning 11-plus games every year and along with the mistakes, the money is piling up too. And there is nothing else more important than that to Kraft. He's a lot like Jacobs in that regard. In fact, he's exactly the same. If any of this caused him to lose money, he'd be gone.

Not sure what the Indians have to do with it, they haven't won since what was it, 1948? Denny Galehouse, right?

I have no issue with a team owner being all about the money.  They are business owners.  I don't know any business owners who don't want to make every dime they can.  Whether or not this causes them to lose any money is unknown as of yet.  If the Pats image continues to be tarnished, it may cost more in the long run.  Who knows.  Not me.

The Indians opened the Jake and sold out for years while they were winning.  Many years later, the place is a ghost town.  I'm not suggesting that Hernandez will open up season tickets for the rest of us, but without changes, errors and losses pile up, so do the empty seats.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

The Indians opened the Jake and sold out for years while they were winning.  Many years later, the place is a ghost town.  I'm not suggesting that Hernandez will open up season tickets for the rest of us, but without changes, errors and losses pile up, so do the empty seats.

Well, the Indians stopped drawing because they stopped winning. So if losses do indeed pile up for the Pats, then yes BB will be fired (or more likely will just retire). That's the nature of the sports business, I don't care who you are or what you've accomplished in the past.

But if that happens, it won't have a thing to do with Aaron Hernandez and it won't be any time soon. With or without Hernandez, they'll win 12 this year and another AFCE title. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In Muzwell I Trust...good post.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

But if that happens, it won't have a thing to do with Aaron Hernandez and it won't be any time soon. With or without Hernandez, they'll win 12 this year and another AFCE title. 

I certainly hope you are right, but I am not as confident.

Obviously the defense has been less than high quality recently (poor drafting) and the offense is going to be missing three top targets.  Hopefully Whats-His-Name will do well in replacing Welker, but that's unknown. 

The running game is...a sixteen sided die.  Christ knows what'll happen there.

With questionable offense and questionable defense, it'll be interesting to see what happens this year.

Maybe it's time for Tebow at TE?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think the possibility exists that Belichick will not be allowed to do what he wants as a GM any longer - no more ignoring a scouting department ( that Kraft pays for) so he can draft player, after player from his buddies university. I wonder what his scouting department said about Hernandez? Or what they said before he decided to draft half of Rutger's football team this off season?

Brady has kept this team afloat for the past 7 years...every target he threw to last year will be gone this season. Even Brady may not be able to save them this season. And another thing...how the hell does a GM give a player like Hernandez 41 million two years before his contract is up?! Are you kidding me? How can any human being not know (or have a clue) of the type of person this guy was when they spent so much time with him? Dumb stuff right there. Our GM just tied up 90 million in cap space to two tight ends that may never play meaningful football again...think about that. Most GMs would be fired for that. Most GMs would of been fired for spending the last five years unsuccessfully trying to build a defense while bringing in thugs like Heynesworth.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Good to see a post from you on the Pats forum, Not-A-Shot.  However, I, too, do not concur in the assertion that it's time for BB to go.  Muz pretty much reflects my views in his post.  As I've posted elsewhere, AH was a calculated risk when drafted and from what the Pats were able to discern had kept his nose clean prior to the contract extension.

My preference would be that the B's take care of business in the next 2 games and handily.  See if you talk to Claude about this if you would please.

Thanks for stopping by.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I think the possibility exists that Belichick will not be allowed to do what he wants as a GM any longer - no more ignoring a scouting department ( that Kraft pays for) so he can draft player, after player from his buddies university. I wonder what his scouting department said about Hernandez? Or what they said before he decided to draft half of Rutger's football team this off season?

Brady has kept this team afloat for the past 7 years...every target he threw to last year will be gone this season. Even Brady may not be able to save them this season. And another thing...how the hell does a GM give a player like Hernandez 41 million two years before his contract is up?! Are you kidding me? How can any human being not know (or have a clue) of the type of person this guy was when they spent so much time with him? Dumb stuff right there. Our GM just tied up 90 million in cap space to two tight ends that may never play meaningful football again...think about that. Most GMs would be fired for that. Most GMs would of been fired for spending the last five years unsuccessfully trying to build a defense while bringing in thugs like Heynesworth.

They can't take away his control over everything to do with football without changing his contract. He will just leave if they try to do that, because he can get control somewhere else. Or he'll go hang with JJ down in Tavernier. 

Where do you get $90 mil in sal cap space from those contracts? Maybe if they play out the entire deals that's what they'd get, but that won't happen. That was never going to happen. Frankly, I wish it would happen because those two players are well worth every penny when healthy (and not incarcerated).  

I can't recall anybody anywhere complaining when they signed those guys. I think Pats fans were universally pleased, and the media coverage was highly favorable. It was along the lines of this (from a guy who isn't always pro-Pats by the way): http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d829ab418/article/rob-gronkowski-breaks-mold-with-patriots-extension

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I agree that there has to be some sort of change. The problem with having a coach/GM ithe same person is that it doesn't have certain checks and balances needed to challenge strategy and action. Case in point, drafting. The GM overruled his scouting folks on more than a few occasions, because the coach wanted a certain player or maybe the GM did for whatever reason. I think a system with the proper checks and balances is needed. Too many crucial decisions being made by 1 person with little to none challenges. 

There is no coach in football I would want more than bb. I still think he is top notch when it comes to game planning and getting the most from his players. Bb the GM has mixed results. When you total the GM body of work over the past decade in terms of personnel decisions, he is slightly better than average but not much.where he excels at GM is in financial management. The pats haven't been hamstrung by the cap like other teams. They put out a competitive product every year. How much of that has to do with bb or tb is up for debate. My personal opinion is that tb for the most part has kept the wheels on the bus for some time, as the teams rebuilt and is still rebuilding. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Some fine posts in this thread but it all  simply boils down to this as a few have pointed out so far... Wins and losses and how those translate into moeny. I also am in the Muz camp BB needs to stay in the same capacity that he is in presently. BB, TB and Bob Kraft are the best things to happen to this franchise and as a season ticket holder I for one am not ready for the ride to end. Everybody makes mistakes but when your organization is as successful as the Pat's they just seem to stick out more than other organizations mistakes. just my 2 cents.