***My Post-Combine Draft Board***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

***My Post-Combine Draft Board***

These aren't the Top 60 players in the draft, but instead are the 60 players that I think make the most sense for NE and could be available in the range of their slotted draft picks.  This list remains fluid and can/will change as more info/tape becomes avaialble.

Feedback is welcome:

Rd 1 (6):

S- Calvin Pryor

DE/OLB- Kony Ealy

DT- Stephon Tuitt

DT- Aaron Donald

DT- Ra'shede Hageman

WR- Brandin Cooks

Rd 1-2 (6):

CB- Bradley Roby

CB/S- Kyle Fuller

DE/OLB- Marcus Smith

OLB- Kyle Van Noy

TE- Troy Niklas

TE- Jace Amaro

Rd 2 (8):

DT- DaQuan Jones

CB/S- Lamarcus Joyner

DE/OLB- Trent Murphy

DT- Kelcy Quarles

LB- Telvin Smith

OG- Xavier Su’a-Filo

ILB- Shayne Skov

DE/OLB- Trevor Reilly

Rd 2-3 (8):

OT/OG- Joel Bitonio

S- Deone Bucannon

C/OG- Weston Richburg

DT- Ego Ferguson

TE- CJ Fiedorowicz

QB- AJ McCarron

ILB- Yawin Smallwood

CB- EJ Gaines

Rd 3 (10):

WR- Cody Latimer

CB- Stanley Jean Baptiste

WR- Bruce Ellington

WR- Jared Abbrederis

RB- Devonte Freeman

ILB- Chris Borland

OG- Anthony Steen

TE- Arthur Lynch

DT- Brent Urban

LB- Adrian Hubbard

Rd 4-7 (22):

DE/DT- Ed Stinson

S- Antone Exum

DE/OLB- Will Clarke

DT- Justin Ellis

OG- Chris Watt

QB- Aaron Murray

C/OG- Bryan Stork

DT- Bruce Gaston

S- Vinnie Sunseri

DE/OLB- Cassius Marsh

QB- Bryn Renner

WR- TJ Jones

WR- Michael Campanaro

CB- Dexter McDougle

S- Jason Hendricks

TE- Rob Blanchflower

DT- Ryan Carrethers

S- Shamiel Gary

DT- Beau Allen

RB- Alfred Blue

TE/HB/FB- Trey Millard

TE/HB- Gator Hoskins

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: ***My Post-Combine Draft Board***

I get your board completely as you are dealing with only guys who could possibly be in position for the Patriots when they are selecting. Because we know all the guys who won't be available in round one. I agree the #1 guy on their board should be Pryor, rarely am I shocked by film, but if Rodney Harrison Jr. is available they will have to pass on TE's and DE's in round 1.

As for guy number two, I put Hageman in that spot and after watching the combine I don't have any TE's who should be available to the Patriots at that 29 pick as a good value. Ebron won't be there, and though everyone else raves about his potential, I'm a little sceptical. Unlike everyone else on this board I like Colt Lyerla , but I have him as a 3-4 round pick. I was not there to hear his side of the story, and unlike everyone else here, I know there are two sides to every story. Like I learned many years ago it's not the telling of the story, but usually the person who tells their side first who wins the story award.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Looks good, MB.  I noticed that you didn't include Amaro or ASJ.  I know you aren't as high on ASJ as I am, but do you not think they are good fits for NE, or do you not think they will be there?  I really like Niklas, too, but I think 29 would be too early to take him, and I don't think he will be there at 62.  Mid-2nd is the range where I believe he should be drafted.  We would either have to trade back from 29, up from 62, or acquire a mid 2nd somehow.  Also, don't sleep on Xavier Su'a-Filo to go in the late first.  Guy is a flat out nasty Guard, and maybe the most NFL ready OL prospect in this class.  That is a pick that BB would make at 29 that would have most peole cussing, but I think it would be a solid move.  By the way, I love Pryor, too, but I'm not as optimistic that he will last past 20, let alone 29.  Guy's stock is on the rise, and rightfully so.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

Ive been reading some reports that Timmy Jernigan could fall in the draft. Don't think he will make it to the Pats but if he did I would love to draft him.

I also dont understand the entire second TE thing that everyone is obsessed about. Aaron Hernandez was much more than a TE. He was more of a H-back. He lined up everywhere was an absolute matchup nightmare. Amaro on tape gets covered by safeties and he's average with the ball in his hand but not even close to what Hernandez was. A guy who I think can fill the void of Hernandez was the guy who got recruited by Urban Meyers to take over Hernandez at Florida. Trey Burton! This kid can line up all over the field, plays some WR, lined up as FB and RB and also takes snaps as a QB in the wildcat. But mostly played TE at Florida, he lacks the height of Hernandez but he plays very simular, almost like a RB in a TE body. Could be around in later rounds and have  a huge impact on the Pats team. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I don't think there is any chance Aaron Donald will be there when we select, which is too bad because he looks like a guy that would help. I'm not saying Donald is a can't miss prospect, but the guy ran a 4.68 and he has the production to go with it. I do think Donald had better realize he can't just slip blocks his whole career in the NFL and expect to be a great player, but I imagine that will change when he gets some NFL coaching (and a NFL offensive line in front of him). As good as this guy looks, when he get's blocked...man does he get blocked...like knocked back 5 yards.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Thnx for its post, I really had no idea who to look out for and now I can go back to the combine results and see what's there

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

Jeff Janis out of Saginaw Valley State had a solid combine. He's not as short as BB likes to go, but he's an interesting prospect for a late round pick or undrafted free agent.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

Looks good, MB.  I noticed that you didn't include Amaro or ASJ.  I know you aren't as high on ASJ as I am, but do you not think they are good fits for NE, or do you not think they will be there?  I really like Niklas, too, but I think 29 would be too early to take him, and I don't think he will be there at 62.  Mid-2nd is the range where I believe he should be drafted.  We would either have to trade back from 29, up from 62, or acquire a mid 2nd somehow.  Also, don't sleep on Xavier Su'a-Filo to go in the late first.  Guy is a flat out nasty Guard, and maybe the most NFL ready OL prospect in this class.  That is a pick that BB would make at 29 that would have most peole cussing, but I think it would be a solid move.  By the way, I love Pryor, too, but I'm not as optimistic that he will last past 20, let alone 29.  Guy's stock is on the rise, and rightfully so.

I have Amaro as a Rd 1/2 kid... yeah, not a huge ASJ guy, certainly skilled, but just seems tp go through the motions, IMO.  If they snagged him at some point on Day 2 I'd be fine with it though.  Agree... Su'a-Filo is a very good player... believe he's plaued some LT too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I don't think there is any chance Aaron Donald will be there when we select, which is too bad because he looks like a guy that would help. I'm not saying Donald is a can't miss prospect, but the guy ran a 4.68 and he has the production to go with it. I do think Donald had better realize he can't just slip blocks his whole career in the NFL and expect to be a great player, but I imagine that will change when he gets some NFL coaching (and a NFL offensive line in front of him). As good as this guy looks, when he get's blocked...man does he get blocked...like knocked back 5 yards.

He could easily be gone by 29, I agree.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

I get your board completely as you are dealing with only guys who could possibly be in position for the Patriots when they are selecting. Because we know all the guys who won't be available in round one. I agree the #1 guy on their board should be Pryor, rarely am I shocked by film, but if Rodney Harrison Jr. is available they will have to pass on TE's and DE's in round 1.

As for guy number two, I put Hageman in that spot and after watching the combine I don't have any TE's who should be available to the Patriots at that 29 pick as a good value. Ebron won't be there, and though everyone else raves about his potential, I'm a little sceptical. Unlike everyone else on this board I like Colt Lyerla , but I have him as a 3-4 round pick. I was not there to hear his side of the story, and unlike everyone else here, I know there are two sides to every story. Like I learned many years ago it's not the telling of the story, but usually the person who tells their side first who wins the story award.

Pryor def has some Rodney to him... kid likes to mash.  Hageman could easily be #1 with the ability that he flashes.

I've heard/read nothing but bad things about Lyerla... we'll never agree on him.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to jgallag1's comment:

Jeff Janis out of Saginaw Valley State had a solid combine. He's not as short as BB likes to go, but he's an interesting prospect for a late round pick or undrafted free agent.

Agreed, he's on the cusp of my board.  very good combo of size, speed and triangle #'s.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:

Thnx for its post, I really had no idea who to look out for and now I can go back to the combine results and see what's there

No prob, let me know if you have any questions.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to maine12's comment:

Ive been reading some reports that Timmy Jernigan could fall in the draft. Don't think he will make it to the Pats but if he did I would love to draft him.

I also dont understand the entire second TE thing that everyone is obsessed about. Aaron Hernandez was much more than a TE. He was more of a H-back. He lined up everywhere was an absolute matchup nightmare. Amaro on tape gets covered by safeties and he's average with the ball in his hand but not even close to what Hernandez was. A guy who I think can fill the void of Hernandez was the guy who got recruited by Urban Meyers to take over Hernandez at Florida. Trey Burton! This kid can line up all over the field, plays some WR, lined up as FB and RB and also takes snaps as a QB in the wildcat. But mostly played TE at Florida, he lacks the height of Hernandez but he plays very simular, almost like a RB in a TE body. Could be around in later rounds and have  a huge impact on the Pats team. 

Kid can play... tough, stought amd displays active, heavy hands... very good vs the run. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

Pryor def has some Rodney to him... kid likes to mash.  Hageman could easily be #1 with the ability that he flashes.

I've heard/read nothing but bad things about Lyerla... we'll never agree on him.  

Yeah I realize that you don't agree with me about Lyerla and I'm OK with folks not being on the same page as I am. I just believe in seeing rather than reading what others say. I like your evals for the most part, I was reading on another site that gilbert is a late first maybe he drops into the Patriots area also, based upon his combine he's not going to make it past 25.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Heard from my sources (actually a radio show, relax Commie) that McCarron is a head case and did poorly in interviews. Anybody else hear that?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Heard from my sources (actually a radio show, relax Commie) that McCarron is a head case and did poorly in interviews. Anybody else hear that?

I have not, what radio show?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

I have Amaro as a Rd 1/2 kid... yeah, not a huge ASJ guy, certainly skilled, but just seems tp go through the motions, IMO.  If they snagged him at some point on Day 2 I'd be fine with it though.  Agree... Su'a-Filo is a very good player... believe he's plaued some LT too.

My bad.  Missed Amaro on the list.  Good call.  He should be drafted between 25 & 40, IMO.  Not a perfect player, but certainly a dangerous weapon.  Honestly Amaro is similar to ASJ to me.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

I have not, what radio show?

On local show here in Tampa. A writer who covered combine said that was the buzz from inside.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

I  am with you on Colt Lyerla, only I feel he will be available in round 7 or possible a FA (similar to Da'Rick Rodgers WR last year). Huge talent but alot of off field red flags. He needs a structured environment like New Englands.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Haven't heard or read that, but I'll take note and will check it out.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

I  am with you on Colt Lyerla, only I feel he will be available in round 7 or possible a FA (similar to Da'Rick Rodgers WR last year). Huge talent but alot of off field red flags. He needs a structured environment like New Englands.

After the garbage that Lyerla spewed about Sandy Hook, I would be absolutely shocked if ended up in Foxboro... don't believe the Kraft Family would allow for it.

Sections
Shortcuts