My Predicted super bowl Matchup was a pretty good game.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

My Predicted super bowl Matchup was a pretty good game.

Picked NE and Saints in preseason to make it to SB...  This game showed their worthiness.  The injuries were troubling but the silver lining is the backups are getting important reps and holding down the fort...

Great plays all around. Wow , what a game.  Unbelievable...  hope mayo, DA, and Talib are OK.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Re: My Predicted super bowl Matchup was a pretty good game.

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

In response to coolade2's comment:

Picked NE and Saints in preseason to make it to SB...  This game showed their worthiness.  The injuries were troubling but the silver lining is the backups are getting important reps and holding down the fort...

Great plays all around. Wow , what a game.  Unbelievable...  hope mayo, DA, and Talib are OK.

Agreed, but I went with Seattle, but NOs is a solid choice. I just don't think that bat out of hell D is as built as the one in Seattle. We saw why NOs D is overrated yesterday. Can't sustain.

Rob and Rex Ryan are not the most cerebral of defensive minds.

Great game, though.

We also should learn about Armstead and my gut tells that Kelly just had a sprain and can get back to praticing in limited fashion this week.

Seattle is a good choice for sure.  The reasons I went with NO is the psychology of getting their coach back after the league screwjob penalties.  Similar to Patriots 2007 season where they just took an attitude into every game .

Not a Rob Ryan fan either.  But at least he coached under BB for a few years so isn't he considered part of Belichick's coaching tree...?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

I think NO can make it....if thye can lock up the #1 seed and are able to play all of their playoff games in the Superdome, since they are a far superior team in there then they are on the road. If they have to go someplace like Seattle, Chicago, or Green Bay in January, I don't think they pull it off. Remember when they lost to the 7-9 Seahawks in the playoffs? They won't get to play a team like that this time around.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from whoremaster. Show whoremaster's posts

Crusty it does bring up the point of how many serial killers post on the front burner. my best guess is three, including myself.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Agreed, but I went with Seattle, but NOs is a solid choice. I just don't think that bat out of hell D is as built as the one in Seattle. We saw why NOs D is overrated yesterday. Can't sustain.

Great game, though.

We also should learn about Armstead and my gut tells that Kelly just had a sprain and can get back to praticing in limited fashion this week.

Seattle is a good choice for sure.  The reasons I went with NO is the psychology of getting their coach back after the league screwjob penalties.  Similar to Patriots 2007 season where they just took an attitude into every game .

Not a Rob Ryan fan either.  But at least he coached under BB for a few years so isn't he considered part of Belichick's coaching tree...?

Agree. I just don't like their depth on D. I think as the season goes, it will be exposed and I think Seattle gets the 1 seed, where it's really hard to win in Seattle.

Rob Ryan would be an ideal DL or LBs coach like Pepper Johnson has been here.  I just think the Rex/Rob Ryan act wears thin as a season goes on.

I made this point to our Asylum Guido Saints guest on numerous occasions, and he ignored it.

BB now has the blueprint on the Saints offense which will slow their offense down, at least when the Saints face good opponents.

Rob Ryan was linebackers coach for BBs 2000 -2003 defenses.  So that means 2 rings unless position coaches do't get rings....   I hope not...  lol.

But very true ,  as  a DC he has not shown any real results only flashes...  except this years Saints team could be his first accomplishment.

25- rafael Bush is the quintessential SS.  He knocked out AD, then jolted Edelman into a drop or 2.  Just missed Collie on another play.  Big thumpiing safeties are the cornerstone of an effective defense IMO. (Feel bad for amendola...)  Bush was looking a little like Pollard the way he was walking around almost in a stalking manner.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

NO won't make it to the SB. They'd been playing cupcakes until the Patriots. As we saw a decent defense and offense can shut them down.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazilnut. Show brazilnut's posts

Great game, though.

Seattle plays a lot better at home than on the road, so they better he they get home field.

Sections
Shortcuts