My prediction for Pats first and second round

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prob2236. Show prob2236's posts

My prediction for Pats first and second round

Yes I know it's impossible to make these predictions but its fun for me so BACK-OFF.

1.  Pats trade pick 17 and 60 to move up to #11 and draft Robert Quinn.

2.  Pats move 28th pick out of first round for Washingtons #41 pick and a 2nd next year.  Washington grabs Jake Locker.

3.  Withh pick 33 Pats grab C/G Stephen Wisniewski.

4.  With pick 41 Pats grab Adrain Clayborn

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

Re: My prediction for Pats first and second round

based on what history do you see that BB moves up in the first round to the #11 spot?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prob2236. Show prob2236's posts

Bellicheck moves up all the time in drafts, not yet in the first but why wouldnt he.  This team has stockpiled 2nd and 3rd round talent for years now, some are paying off some arent.  Now they need a difference maker.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In Response to Re: My prediction for Pats first and second round:
    Bellicheck moves up all the time in drafts, not yet in the first but why wouldnt he.  This team has stockpiled 2nd and 3rd round talent for years now, some are paying off some arent.  Now they need a difference maker.
    Posted by prob2236

BB moved up in the first round from pick #32 to pick #24 to Select Danlel Graham.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prob2236. Show prob2236's posts

Its wasnt the first round but last year he moved up to grab Gronkowski.  My point is that if he sees someone he likes he certainly has firepower to make it happen and still have a solid 2nd and 3rd rnd.  Not only that but it sounds like once everything is worked out with the labor talks there will be a rookie wage scale, so Bellicheck wont have to worry about dishing out huge cash by moving up.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

his system of moving up only in the late first and beyond, trading down high picks seems to be working. let's keep it going. it got us players such as mayo, vollmer, gronk, hernandez, endleman, tate, etc.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prob2236. Show prob2236's posts

We need a stud pass rusher, thats not a position you can draft in late rounds expect to get.  Rarely does that happen.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

i think #33 is the pick that gets flipped into a 1st rounder for next year from one of those QB desperate teams. i think BB will make two picks in the 1st round but i have no idea the player, position, or slot. but i will be seriously disappointed if both players are not on the defensive front 7. that part of the team is desperate for true talent. the rest of the team can wait for the subsequent rounds. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from USMCM1A1. Show USMCM1A1's posts

BB moves up or down, trying to get one of his targeted players at the lowest possible pick/acquiring more picks.  He might move up, and he might move down.  Likely he'll move quite a bit, if history is any indication :)

That being said, I really hope we stay put.  Giving up two great 1st round choices--let's say Cameron Jordan and Nate Solder--for one dud (Robert Quinn) would just be phenomenally stupid.  With 17, 28 and 33 we have a chance to get three top-notch players to upgrade us within OT/OG/DE/OLD.  Getting top talent at three of those four positions would make us dominant.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

his system of moving up only in the late first and beyond, trading down high picks seems to be working. let's keep it going. it got us players such as mayo, vollmer, gronk, hernandez, endleman, tate, etc.
    Posted by natesubs

edelman and tate are very marginal players. both strtategies work. there is nothing wrong with moving up to get a perrenial all star or all pro.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

I don't think BB trades anything for 2012 picks.  there might not even be a draft.

I hope he either stays put or trades up.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

I believe that the Pats traded up to the 13th spot to draft Ty Warren.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

Re: pick 33 - I'd be shocked if BB isn't made an offer he can't refuse. Probably get 2nd round pick in 2011 and 3rd round in 2012 at a minimum. Love the trade up/trade down with 17 and 28. However, Pats more likely to trade with Washington at 10 than Houston at 11.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ben-umass. Show ben-umass's posts

however this weekend shakes out, the New England patriots are going to get better. and thats a good feeling.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BamaPat. Show BamaPat's posts

This is about what I think will happen - not what I think should happen. We only have a handful of 2012 picks, which is not the BB/Patriots way. 
        And, unlike past years, free agency has not happened. BB will target some help in free agency, which will happen once a CBA is in place. He could use one of the high 2012 picks acquired below and other picks to get a high impact player like Larry Fitz or someone on defense if he could get the right deal:

Pick 17: Trade for 2012 1st round pick; 2012 4-5 rounder and, if he can get it, one pick in 6-7 range this year or next

Pick 28: Trade back for either pick 29, 31 or 32 this year and a pick in the 5/6/7 range this year

Pick: 29, 31 or 32 (via trade): Selects Muhammad Wilkerson, DL, Temple.

Pick: 33: Trade for 2012 2nd round pick (with a quarterback-hungry rebuilding team so the pick will probably be comparable), a 2012 third rounder and 2012 5-7 rounder

Pick 60: Traded back to mid third round this year and a lower pick this year or next

Pick 74: Best RB available

Pick 82 to 85 (via trade): Best olb available

Pick 92: Trade for one lower 2011 pick and one lower 2012 pick

Rounds 4-7: In this order of priority: Best OL, linebacker, DL, DB available

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

i think we trade one of our early picks this year for a 1st in next years draft.  I thinik belichick thinks that this years rookies' progress will be put in joeprady because of the lockout, so i think he goes the safe rout and build for next draft, where there will hopefully be a CBA and supposedly a rookie wage scale....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

I don't think BB trades anything for 2012 picks.  there might not even be a draft. I hope he either stays put or trades up.
    Posted by Army2LT

Even the 2011 season will not happen without an agreement to continue with drafts. That is so key to the sucess of the league, I don't think owners will let that go. Without a draft, the economics of the league will change - likely, appeal will narrow to the wealthiest cities. That is a trend that runs opposite to what the league has been trying to accomplish over the last decade.

The corollary is that if the 2011 season actually happens, you can bet that there will be a 2012 draft.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

This is about what I think will happen - not what I think should happen . We only have a handful of 2012 picks, which is not the BB/Patriots way.      And, unlike past years, free agency has not happened. BB will target some help in free agency, which will happen once a CBA is in place. He could use one of the high 2012 picks acquired below and other picks to get a high impact player like Larry Fitz or someone on defense if he could get the right deal:     Pick 17: Trade for 2012 1st round pick; 2012 4-5 rounder and, if he can get it, one pick in 6-7 range this year or next     Pick 28: Trade back for either pick 29, 31 or 32 this year and a pick in the 5/6/7 range this year     Pick: 29, 31 or 32 (via trade): Selects Muhammad Wilkerson, DL, Temple.     Pick: 33: Trade for 2012 2nd round pick (with a quarterback-hungry rebuilding team so the pick will probably be comparable), a 2012 third rounder and 2012 5-7 rounder     Pick 60: Traded back to mid third round this year and a lower pick this year or next     Pick 74: Best RB available     Pick 82 to 85 (via trade): Best olb available     Pick 92: Trade for one lower 2011 pick and one lower 2012 pick     Rounds 4-7: In this order of priority: Best OL, linebacker, DL, DB available
    Posted by BamaPat

But the thing is, BB has never traded THAT many picks into the next year.  He likes making tons of picks in the 2nd and 3rd round.  BB isn't stupid, he knows that you build a team through the draft, not Free Agency.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

If we don't trade down, which is not going to happen, BB will trade down, but if he doesn't:

@17 JJ Watt
    @28 Danny Watkins
    @33 Brooks Reed

DE/G/OLB. three major needs, all addressed with quality players.

IMO BB will stay put at 17 or trade up/down a spot or two, 15-20 range. 28 is as good as gone and I doubt we stay put at 33. I expect him to grab at least one second or third rounder for next year, which could be possible if we trade 33 to a team like Minnesota for 43 and their 2nd next year or something along those lines.

One thing I learned from watching BB drafts is that he goes against the grain more often then not and predicting his picks is almost impossible. IMO, that makes this draft that much more exciting because of how many quality picks BB has amassed. I can't wait for the draft, and I for sure won't question his picks like I did last year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BamaPat. Show BamaPat's posts

But BB has NEVER faced a draft like 2012 when he has so few picks.

He's going to trade as much as he can into 2012, taking advantage of the conventional wisdom by others in the league that this is the year to make a bunch of picks because FA hasn't happened yet and that there will eventually be a rookie wage scale for this year's crop of rookies.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

If we don't trade down, which is not going to happen, BB will trade down, but if he doesn't: @17 JJ Watt @28 Danny Watkins @33 Brooks Reed DE/G/OLB. three major needs, all addressed with quality players. IMO BB will stay put at 17 or trade up/down a spot or two, 15-20 range. 28 is as good as gone and I doubt we stay put at 33. I expect him to grab at least one second or third rounder for next year, which could be possible if we trade 33 to a team like Minnesota for 43 and their 2nd next year or something along those lines. One thing I learned from watching BB drafts is that he goes against the grain more often then not and predicting his picks is almost impossible. IMO, that makes this draft that much more exciting because of how many quality picks BB has amassed. I can't wait for the draft, and I for sure won't question his picks like I did last year.
    Posted by GadisRKO

RKO - I am with you, dude, on those prime picks!!!  If JJ is gone, I want Cam Jordan.  If both gone, I want Mohammad Wilkerson there and then we go on your way.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

My prediction (caveats about predicting BB apply): I think we will likely trade one of our 2nd rounds for next year's first, but stay put at #17 and #28.

Top 3 picks will be 1 each on the defensive line, offensive line and OLB.

PS: should be lots of fun revisiting this thread after the draft :-)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlderbutWiser. Show OlderbutWiser's posts

Because of the available talent pool I don't think there will be much movement between teams on draft day. I predict Pats will draft DL, OG, OLB, OT with the first four picks but not necessarily in that order. I also believe that a RB may be substituted for one of these picks in the first or second round.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

Remember Dez Bryant?  He was kind of our Mark Ingram of this year, we all thought thats who they were targeting, and we end up trading down a few times and land a CB that most of us didnt see coming at all.  But it worked out, and now im very excited to see what BB can do with this many picks.

I expect a lot of trading, and I hope for something like this..

#17... Cameron Jordan or JJ Watt
    #28... Best O Lineman available or If by some divine intervention Akeem ayers or Aldon smith drop here... yup!
    #33... Mikel Leshoure or best available OL.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

But BB has NEVER faced a draft like 2012 when he has so few picks.       He's going to trade as much as he can into 2012, taking advantage of the conventional wisdom by others in the league that this is the year to make a bunch of picks because FA hasn't happened yet and that there will eventually be a rookie wage scale for this year's crop of rookies.
    Posted by BamaPat

after this year we will have so many young players we wont want alot of picks next year.

Sections
Shortcuts