My take on the Tim Tebow signing

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

My take on the Tim Tebow signing

There's a very good chance this could not work out, in which case no big deal.  It doesn't hurt the team, and this is yet another one of BB's famous low risk high reward deals.  The problem with most of them lately is that they've pretty much all worked out to be only low risk.  And this could certainly go that route as well.  But there is a real good chance it doesn't and we finally see some high reward again. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlf3CBULOw0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJujm_6t4lo

I've never been a big Tebow fan because I've always seen him as an overachiever, and the hype that surrounds him (or did anyway) was just too much for me to get into.  However, I can't knock him as an athlete, and his heart is straight out of the movie Rudy.  Let's not forget, this guy was pure magic back in college.  And for those who think it didn't transfer to the NFL, you can't seem to see past the black hole that swallowed him last year, that being the NY Jets.  This guy almost single handedly won a fair amount of games in Denver and pulled them into the playoffs just the year prior. 

So here we have a guy who's smart, determined, hard nosed, athletic, has heart, is a great locker room presence and galvanizer, and who also seems to have a horseshoe and rabbit foot lodged firmly up his backside.  The guy wins when given the chance, and now he gets to work behind Brady, and be implemented into the playbook by McDaniels and BB?  This has huge potential written all over it.  Sure I don't expect to see him behind center anytime soon, but he could most certainly be brought in on some plays, and if he works on his mechanics with Brady, who knows?  Sooner or later NE is going to need a new starting QB. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Re: My take on the Tim Tebow signing

I cant wait for BB's Press Conferences NOW!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to agill1970's comment:

There's a very good chance this could not work out, in which case no big deal.  It doesn't hurt the team, and this is yet another one of BB's famous low risk high reward deals.  The problem with most of them lately is that they've pretty much all worked out to be only low risk.  And this could certainly go that route as well.  But there is a real good chance it doesn't and we finally see some high reward again. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlf3CBULOw0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJujm_6t4lo

I've never been a big Tebow fan because I've always seen him as an overachiever, and the hype that surrounds him (or did anyway) was just too much for me to get into.  However, I can't knock him as an athlete, and his heart is straight out of the movie Rudy.  Let's not forget, this guy was pure magic back in college.  And for those who think it didn't transfer to the NFL, you can't seem to see past the black hole that swallowed him last year, that being the NY Jets.  This guy almost single handedly won a fair amount of games in Denver and pulled them into the playoffs just the year prior. 

So here we have a guy who's smart, determined, hard nosed, athletic, has heart, is a great locker room presence and galvanizer, and who also seems to have a horseshoe and rabbit foot lodged firmly up his backside.  The guy wins when given the chance, and now he gets to work behind Brady, and be implemented into the playbook by McDaniels and BB?  This has huge potential written all over it.  Sure I don't expect to see him behind center anytime soon, but he could most certainly be brought in on some plays, and if he works on his mechanics with Brady, who knows?  Sooner or later NE is going to need a new starting QB.  

Pretty much sums up the way I see it. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

I'm sceptical on the Tebow signing. At best he will be the third string QB, who is also used at other positions (TE/H-back) from time to time.

I definitely don't like the idea of using him on certain plays as QB. Why would they ever take snaps away from Brady unless it's garbage time? And if it's garbage time they don't need Tebow doing something special. They just need a guy who can keep the chains somewhat going, and Mallet can do that just fine, IMO.

Even short yardage situations I think Brady is superior. He is the master of the QB sneak, with tons of 4th down conversions and something like 5 TDs over the last couple of years.

I get it that he's a winner, is athletic etc. I just don't understand how they will use him effectively. And if they primarely want him as QB number 3, then why him?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

I see the Tebow signing as a smart move.  If they are able to use his talents on special teams and goal line stands, they have accomplished something.  Just think of the options this allows.  Line him up at half back.  He can run or pass.  He can be used as a running back/ Qb option similar to what Faulk used to do.  Taking the direct snap.  He can be the 3rd QB option on the roster and still be of value on special teams.  Edelman may not be the 3rd QB option this year as he may not be healthy for the start of the season.  There are 90 roster positions available. The current roster is set for about the first 40 players who will make the team.  This leaves about 15 spots available for players to fight for.  The remaining 35 spots are players that will not make the team.  What does it hurt to use one of these spots to bring in Tebow and see what they can do with him?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

One thing is for sure he brings a ton of attention to our team. Fact he is a winning QB in the NFL! His career record is 9-7.  According to everything I've heard over the last 6 months Ryan Mallett is on the trading block, with the acquisition the Patriots will showcase Mallett during the Pre-season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

If they wanted a losing QB, Jamarcus Russell's available.  At least he can throw the ball downfield.  And he's lost a ton of  weight. Distrust "Tebow rule" - no on-field praying.  He'd be we'll advised to  start praying (at home) that he even has a job in September.

"They don't put Ws and Ls on the paychecks" - Sidney Wicks