My takes from the game tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from quinzpatsfan. Show quinzpatsfan's posts

Re: My takes from the game tonight

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

In response to quinzpatsfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I was at the game tonight got tics on 11 row 40 yard line, not that there was much to see.

Couldn't help but notice how bad Bequette played, he just straight up can't set the edge, he basically is all over the field but doesn't do anything, I only saw him make on tackle all game.

Dane Fletcher was an absolute beast out there, I can see way the pats are so high on him.  He was constantly applying pressure when he rushed, didn't notice his coverage skills, looked good against the run.

I thought Harmon showed good physicallity 

I had never even heard of wynn b4 the game, he's kinda a hybrid of speed and size, I thought he ran hard, hit the hole quick and made some good yards after contact including the touchdown where the former BC LB Herlitz hit him pretty good at the 1 and he still made it in.

People were kinda booing tebow before his TD throw which I thought at least this game was unfair, the first 2 drives he had the ball the Oline screwed him, he had no time to do anything. He created the time to throw the ball when he totally missed ballard, he still totally missed ballard, that was pretty ugly.

Thanks for the recap. Fuaria showed s on the replay that Ballard stopped running. He gave up on the play. That ball was going to hit Ballard in stride for a TD IMO. Didn't help Ballards case of making this team. I think his blocking will earn him the spot but Fells, suds, and Hoomy might just beat him out]

Wow, totally didn't get that at the game, if that's the case tebow totally didn't deserve the boos, the first 2 series totally weren't his fault the oline f$%ed him, they did a little better in the 3rd series but tebow create space by moving up almost straight out of the pocket which was collasping behind him, good move by him to create time for WRs to get open.  He would make a great throw and then a terrible one.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from quinzpatsfan. Show quinzpatsfan's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

[QUOTE]

I was at the game tonight got tics on 11 row 40 yard line, not that there was much to see.

Couldn't help but notice how bad Bequette played, he just straight up can't set the edge, he basically is all over the field but doesn't do anything, I only saw him make on tackle all game.

Dane Fletcher was an absolute beast out there, I can see way the pats are so high on him.  He was constantly applying pressure when he rushed, didn't notice his coverage skills, looked good against the run.

I had never even heard of wynn b4 the game, he's kinda a hybrid of speed and size, I thought he ran hard, hit the hole quick and made some good yards after contact including the touchdown where the former BC LB Herlitz hit him pretty good at the 1 and he still made it in.

People were kinda booing tebow before his TD throw which I thought at least this game was unfair, the first 2 drives he had the ball the Oline screwed him, he had no time to do anything. He created the time to throw the ball when he totally missed ballard, he still totally missed ballard, that was pretty ugly.

Did you notice how A. Wilson looked? They kept commenting on it was a bad sign he was out there in a 4th preseason game (which I agree). He didn't seem to make an impact either way from what I saw - I want to say he couldn't get to the sideline on a special teams play to make a tackle, but other than that I didn't really notice him once again.

It was funny they annouce all the starters before the game and it was all rookies and then 13th year starter A wilson.....  For better or worse didn't notice him once

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from quinzpatsfan. Show quinzpatsfan's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

[QUOTE]

You say Bequette looked really bad out there but Reiss says he had a very good game and may have helped himself make the team?

[/QUOTE]

Well he probably knows a hell of alot more than me, I didn't read anything just wrote what I saw when I got home, he reminded me of >>>>> Shawn Crable at least on run plays, he would always be right in and around the action but you would notice he was never the one to actually make the tackle, and he seemed to always let the RB cut to the outside, are DE OLB suppose to push everything in.   Mike Riesse is an expert, I'm a not.  Well see.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from quinzpatsfan. Show quinzpatsfan's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

i was there also and have to agree with you about Bequette. He just isn't stong enough at the point of attack.

The one guy you didn't mention and would be interested in your take  would be Beuaharnais. I thought the kid played well last night was never out of position and seemed to look like he was in control. I think they may have an inetresting decision on this kid, at the least possibly PS.

yeah that and he was always one step behind, bequetter I mean, Beuaharnis and fletcher both looked determined out there, I was saying to my buddy are those two that good?  Fletcher lookded so good I was thinking maybe both of them looked good because they're playing against 2nd stringers, though the giants had their 1s in there for a while and they were both good at that time as well. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

In response to LuvsThosePats' comment:

Mallett is not getting the job done as a back-up.  He is not an accurate passer and this team will be in trouble if it has to rely on him to win games.  He's like Christian Ponder.  We badly need a better back-up QB.

How many 3rd rounders are starting QBs right now? Russel Wilson is the only one I can think of although Cassel might be starting for the Vikings I guess as a 7th. 

I don't know with a certainty but the good QBs seem to be picked fairly early. If Brady wasn't Brady but a typical 6th round pick there may not have been any Super Bowls in NE.

The Pats are at some point going to have to make an early round pick on a QB.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to stillgridlocked's comment:

In response to LuvsThosePats' comment:

[QUOTE]

Mallett is not getting the job done as a back-up.  He is not an accurate passer and this team will be in trouble if it has to rely on him to win games.  He's like Christian Ponder.  We badly need a better back-up QB.

How many 3rd rounders are starting QBs right now? Russel Wilson is the only one I can think of although Cassel might be starting for the Vikings I guess as a 7th. 

I don't know with a certainty but the good QBs seem to be picked fairly early. If Brady wasn't Brady but a typical 6th round pick there may not have been any Super Bowls in NE.

The Pats are at some point going to have to make an early round pick on a QB.

[/QUOTE]

It takes a great coach and GM to play 6th round draft picks and have them start over the face of the franchise. As you say, there aren't many QB's starting who were picked after rd2. Beisdes Romo, and Buffalo(who would have Manuel) Is Brady the only starting QB in the league drafted after the 2nd round? Maybe Shaub?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

You say Bequette looked really bad out there but Reiss says he had a very good game and may have helped himself make the team?

[/QUOTE]

Well he probably knows a hell of alot more than me, I didn't read anything just wrote what I saw when I got home, he reminded me of >>>>> Shawn Crable at least on run plays, he would always be right in and around the action but you would notice he was never the one to actually make the tackle, and he seemed to always let the RB cut to the outside, are DE OLB suppose to push everything in.   Mike Riesse is an expert, I'm a not.  Well see.

[/QUOTE]

Reiss is not an expert at all. In fact, he started watching footbal in 1991. No lie. He's a latecomer.

He also said he was surprised that Bernard was cut when he struggled in his tryout at DT and did nothing elsewhere at DE or OLB.

[/QUOTE]

You should definitely take his spot at espn. I mean only 22 years of watching football, and he was surprised at the Bernard cut. Pfffft

Sections
Shortcuts