My Thoughts going into Season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: My Thoughts going into Season

In response to TripleOG's comment:

It wouldnt be fair for me to come here and only post negative, so I will say what Im concerned about.( I know, who cares) and things Im Excited about. Unfortunately my Concerns have been validated by just about everyone here. Just last week at this time, I was giving my roster predictions and  it was not taken well. Now that you all have had time to absorb it, what do you think? Did I not say Ballard looked Done and would be cut, Same for A.Wilson(putting him on i/r was better than cutting him) You dont play the whole preseason game week 4 with a hammy injury so I hope noone believed that.

Sooo, Im still concerned with our lack of depth at the DT position which was the case ALL preaseson as I wasnt sold on the scrubs we picked up. We are good, but very thin after 2 guy. I cant remember ever only having 2 tackles on a team. (I dont care for Fortson)

I still have concerns about lack of a real Safety back there and the idea of Gregory starting frightens me. Im dissapointed in the development of Tavon Wilson and the failure of Ras I which is gonna trickle down.

I LOVE THE FRONT SEVEN! I love the versatility that BB will have with linebackers he has. I like the Collins pick. He should help this year. Donte Hightower is gonna break out this year if he trusts his eyes and they turn him loose. Jones is Legit. Mayo should be better this year and make more plays. Dont know what to expect from # 32, but we need him to play at a high level and be consistent and healthy. Thats a tall task, but I believe in him.

On offense, Whats NOT to like!??  I thnk K.T. will emerge as the # 1 WR on the team. Maybe not production wise but he is the # 1, meaning most complete guy, starting outside. Amendola may catch more balls, but I think KT has bigger impact if he continues to progress. I like Boyce, and he is better than I thought. Smaller too, but thats ok. He has legit Speed and a knack for getting open. Dobson is really gonna shine next year, but will probably make some big catches this year and maybe do 35-50 for 500 and 4 td's. I think KT is good for 50 balls and Amendola gets 80-90 barring injury.  Im excited about Vareen but would have liked to keep Leon to back him up as he is still an injury concern to me. I wasnt happy about Mesko going. I think it was minor money and he was a great teamate and holder. lets hope it works out. I like Buchanan, looking like a young ,taller Andre Carter. He could help this year if given the chance.(maybe take some of ninks snaps on later downs)

All in All, I see this team doing the usual. BB and Brady leading this team to another playoff run. We know # 12 will get us to the dance, and I dont mind watching the ups and downs of playing with a young team. Just want to enjoy another exciting season and not talk about postseason till it gets here. Lets see how the team comes together. I have mixed feeling about the roster and our lack of a real SS and some DT depth, but I will trust BB to get it right.

Nice, I pretty much feel the same and I'm looking forward to watching real football to get a better grasp of how we'll be.

I think we can expect the offense to struggle at times - it's just a matter of what the defense can do to help out. I think the D has a chance to be better, but they are going to have to bring in something along that defensive tackle position.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

I like these threads - Everyone can get their thoughts out-

Offense

QB - TB is TB, and I am fine with Mallett - hoping we have a Telephone Directory after that - No Tebow - although it wouldn't matter at that point.

RB-  Best group in awhile - Very versatile - Only concern are TO's - wouldn't mind seeing a  FB - Can someone tell me at 250#'s why Blount cannot do that?

WRs - Finally some speed with hands - Finally - but they are rookies. Hope for 1 total season from Amenendola and Endleman combined ,  even then Boyce would be #3. I don't worry about speed guys - speed kills. I cannot wait to see Thompkins against Revis.

TEs - Hope Gronk isn't in too early. Sudfeld has hands and I have no idea on Hooy, and of course BB is still playing with the Big blocking TE - (remember a few years ago we had a few rookies UFDAs and they all got picked up, BB seems to find them)

Oline-  At least this year its clear who we have - I hope Mankins is back 100 %. We need him and the rest to be tough - its against the great D's I wonder - BB is still playing with the bottom end.

They came out running in the first Pre-season game- I think they will run more. They will dazzle the average team. It’s only against the big Dlines I worry, when it becomes more like old time football. It is why I want a FB, not so much for the regular season but for the PO's - If there is one to be had.

My belief is that we are going to see it all this year. I believe TB is at his best at play action and seam routes. So more under center? And then there will be the times that with the right Defensive guys on the  field. TB will go hurry up and then light them up, while tiring out the big guys. And it's why youth is good for us.

Defense
    Dline: I am not as concerned about the D Tackle as others here, I think the number of times both VW and Kelly will be on the field at the same time will be limited. The other 2 guys I think will develop. I like Francis - he has a tough streak. I love Nink and Jones looks like the real deal. I don't know about Bequette - he was lined up all over in the last game- We got mixed reviews on him good and bad. I like Buchanan.

And 2 of them can be play in "space" - Nink and VW - who else has that?

LB's - I love this group. I love Spikes coz he is a run slammer - I know. I know. Pass defense - but Ravens had Ray Lewis and he wasn't even a rusty gate- We need meanness on the field. The rest are all athletic and coming into their own. Collins the new guy is going to be all over the place

CB's- Talib and Dennard are a good pair, Arrington is a good nickel cb. Ryan I don't know yet. Health here is critical

Safeties - Everyone says McCourty is good and we are waiting on the SS. At worst from what I hear from other places they are average. The jury is still out on AW. The Pre-season might just to have been to get him to play a lot and learn the system, Then he comes later in the year fresh. A lot of people here say he is washed up - I cannot tell you. If he is one of those guys on BB's brainwave he could still be good - So for now that is a push.

This is also where I wonder if Collins may play a role - And I am wondering about the kid on the PS
    There were a few times in preseason we heard coverage sack- (__) Front 7 can help them in return.

Special Teams

Kicker - Ghost hasn't been the same since his injury - It seemed that the other kickers we saw were more consistent in KO's - but from TV I couldn't tell on the conditions.

Long Snapper - No problem and there is now some depth
    Place Holder - The gamble? - Ryan, the new center, or even Mallett (who has experience)

Punter - Ryan - with the number of times we move the ball down the field we need some one who can kill it inside the 20 - he seems to be good- He has a leg. I will miss Zoltan and hope he doesn't hurt us against Pittsburg

Kick Returner - Is it Boyce? or who? You would think that we could get one of the new wr's here- I will settle for catching the ball and not being stupid in running it out - who else? Thompkins?

Punt Returner - Endlemen is very good - but who else?
    There have been comments made here about the ST blocking. I had that question too. The times I saw Washington I questioned the blocking. I couldn't tell you if he was fast enough or not. They say he is coming back??? - but for now it was a lost bet -and if he does come back its a push

Very young team - But John Wooden was once was asked - Would you want more experience or more talent? He said "talent". I think with the Cap, and the up tempo it will drive the league in that direction. BB is just ahead of the curve.  Really, at non starter positions, is the difference in talent that great? And besides I think BB may have now taken care of the AH induced cap problems. budgeted or not - He was supposed to be there and isn't.

There are only a few teams with styles that concern me - And all teams have problem positions and depth issues - if not now - they will have later

Early in the year BB is still experimenting with what he's got. I think the D gets better and better  thru the year- like it always does. What we see now won't be what we see in December. I think SCHEMING ON D WILL BE OLD TIME BB at his best.

The D has to help TB and the Oline in getting off the field quicker
    Overall I see an 11 or 12 win team- We will no doubt have a clunker against someone. God I hope it’s not the Jets. We may not know where we are until games 4-6

Am not looking for any response - this justgot too long
    I will only get to see maybe 8 games - you guys will be my eyes
    Good hunting

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

The Middle East is not there anymore. Too bad.

Yes it is.

Dur.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

If Gronk, Talib and Amendola stay healthy or just miss a couple of games BUT are available all through the playoffs the Pats will do pretty well.

I figure the rookie mistakes may cause  1 or 2 losses that should have been wins. The fumbles, running the wrong routes.

If the rookies come on like gangbusters and there are few lost injury games from Gronk, Talib and Amendola the Pats could make a run all the way.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Bustchise's comment:

In response to russgriswold's comment:

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:

In response to Bustchise's comment:

Are you telling me that you didn't just sign out as Bustchise and sign back in as Bungalow-Bill?

???

Dude, that's Phat Rex/Bustchise/Navin Johnson/Bunker/ and all the rest. Bungalow Bill is a new name for him.

Jets troll.

You know who it is.

Oh Queenie, you never fail to show what an idiot you are.  

Tell everyone how you think Drew Bledsoe and Jim Plunkett were busts.  That was your weekend classic.  Follow it up with how BB couldn't find a job after failiing in Cleveland so miserably and went running back to the Tuna for a job.

Laughing

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Hey fellas. I am stealing this post from another thread. I challenge the doubters of this great team to look at our roster, and conduct your own position by position comparison to the last time we competed for a Super Bowl championship(which happened to be 2 years ago)

What do you see?

"who doesn't think we're a better team than 2011.

Ridley, Vereen, Bolden, Blount vs. Benny, rookie Ridley and Woodhead = Better

Amendola, Dobson, Boyce, Thompkins, Simms vs. Wes, Chad Johnson, Branch = Better

Tight end... lets just say you don't have a serial killer on your team and we have Sudfeld = Better

O Line = Better

DTackles = Better

Linebackers; We likely have the best collection of linebackers in the NFL = Better

Defensive backfield; I mean are Talib and Dennard better than Arrington and Sterling Moore? = Better"

"Defense Wins Championships"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Hey fellas. I am stealing this post from another thread. I challenge the doubters of this great team to look at our roster, and conduct your own position by position comparison to the last time we competed for a Super Bowl championship(which happened to be 2 years ago)

What do you see?

Amendola, Dobson, Boyce, Thompkins, Simms vs. Wes, Chad Johnson, Branch = Better

Tight end... lets just say you don't have a serial killer on your team and we have Sudfeld = Better

O Line = Better

DTackles = Better

Linebackers; We likely have the best collection of linebackers in the NFL = Better

Defensive backfield; I mean are Talib and Dennard better than Arrington and Sterling Moore? = Better"

"In order to win, the team needs to score.  It's #1 weapon is the QB and balls in the air.  Let's review who's catching them:

"Amendola, Dobson, Boyce, Thompkins, Simms vs. Wes, Chad Johnson, Branch = Better

Tight end... lets just say you don't have a serial killer on your team and we have Sudfeld = Better"

1.  Suggesting that the injury guy, three rookies and a practice squader are better than Welker alone is nuts.

2.  In 2011, Gronkowski had 17 TDs and 1,300+ yards.  He's out to start the season.  Hernandez had a good year.  Instead, this year we get to watch an undrafted rookie.  How on Earth is that "better"?

The receiving corps may end up better, but right now, it's almost all question marks.  That's not doom and gloom.  That's reality."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

What do you see?

O Line = Better

DTackles = Better

Pardon me if im not excited that 2 years later at best our safety position only has moved laterally. IN a passing league, U need to have a solid safety tandem. I looked around on all NFL rosters and its shocking how bad we are. Most teams have 2 competent safeties. We have 2 converted CBs/ So essentially we are playing guys at safety who failed at CB. Ideally you want a safety who played safety in college atleast to slight the learning curve. Harmon is our only hope. Poor kid has all that pressure Because BB couldnt land a competent safety in free agency. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

What do you see?

O Line = Better

DTackles = Better

Pardon me if im not excited that 2 years later at best our safety position only has moved laterally. IN a passing league, U need to have a solid safety tandem. I looked around on all NFL rosters and its shocking how bad we are. Most teams have 2 competent safeties. We have 2 converted CBs/ So essentially we are playing guys at safety who failed at CB. Ideally you want a safety who played safety in college atleast to slight the learning curve. Harmon is our only hope. Poor kid has all that pressure Because BB couldnt land a competent safety in free agency. 

[/QUOTE]

You see now we are getting somewhere. So Original Gangsta is on record as saying our safety department is not as good as our last SB contending team.Wait, or is it equal to that team? What exactly are you saying?

What about the other areas? Do you agree with the rusty stalker that amendola, Tompkins, Dobson, Boyce and Edelman won't be as good a core as WW,Ocho, older branch, underwood and Edelman. Please note that 2 of those guys we're out of the league the next year. 

Soooooo, tripleog is our roster better then 2011. Yes or no.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

That Safety Position has me worried. Not a Gregory fan. Looking at him next to Golston last year, was like watching Midget Football.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

What do you see?

O Line = Better

DTackles = Better

You see now we are getting somewhere. So Original Gangsta is on record as saying our safety department is not as good as our last SB contending team.Wait, or is it equal to that team? What exactly are you saying?

What about the other areas? Do you agree with the rusty stalker that amendola, Tompkins, Dobson, Boyce and Edelman won't be as good a core as WW,Ocho, older branch, underwood and Edelman. Please note that 2 of those guys we're out of the league the next year. 

I have to watch the 2013 patriots play a game and I dont like annointing paper champs. I gave my thoughts going into the season. I didnt start the "whats wrong with this roster" thread , but I DID give my input on it there. I dont really need to answer your question based on my previous comments and the tone of your question and the fact its not even the right thread. If forced to answer I would say " I dont know" I only know that I wasnt excited about our safety play in 2011 and here in 2013 I am still not enthused. Other than that, I dont recall bashing the roster. Your beef is with someone else buddy. Lets stay on topic.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

What do you see?

O Line = Better

DTackles = Better

I have to watch the 2013 patriots play a game and I dont like annointing paper champs. I gave my thoughts going into the season. I didnt start the "whats wrong with this roster" thread , but I DID give my input on it there. I dont really need to answer your question based on my previous comments and the tone of your question and the fact its not even the right thread. If forced to answer I would say " I dont know" I only know that I wasnt excited about our safety play in 2011 and here in 2013 I am still not enthused. Other than that, I dont recall bashing the roster. Your beef is with someone else buddy. Lets stay on topic.

[/QUOTE]

My beef? I am on topic, as I thought the topic of your thread were your thoughts going into the season. I would have assumed you were giving your opinion on this team. I didn't ask you to predict paper champions, I asked you what you thought, which was again, the thread title. It's ok though, I started another thread, sorry to bother you with discussion on your thread.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

What do you see?

O Line = Better

DTackles = Better

My beef? I am on topic, as I thought the topic of your thread were your thoughts going into the season. I would have assumed you were giving your opinion on this team. I didn't ask you to predict paper champions, I asked you what you thought, which was again, the thread title. It's ok though, I started another thread, sorry to bother you with discussion on your thread.

True, I started a thread about my thoughts going into the season. I just dont compare teams cuz its foolish. We got to the SB by luck IMO which is part of the game but u cant compare one team to a team that hasnt played yet. This question should have been asked in RKARPS thread titled "whats wrong with the roster"  Maybe they seem the same in theory but my post was about positives and negatives , not comparisons and SB aspirations. I want to enjoy the season and going in with false expectations is not what I do. DO I have concerns? yea at safety, but I love the roster for the most part and look forward to the season. I just think you took my post and ran with it and tried to scapegoat me as a doom and gloomer and set me up with a rebuttal. Im not doing that today. Im trying to enjoy a peaceful day on the board before rusty shows up and keep my mind off a stressful workday. Pardon my shortness, but I really think it was off topic. U even said u grabbed it from another thread. Dont make it like I dont want to discuss football. Im just too tired for the BB is the best GM because x,y,z and BB is the worst because x,y,z. At the end of the day I just wanna win and when I notice something that has been a problem not being fixed, I am gonna say it, but im not anti-bb and I dont guage his GM work based on what a team may look like on paper.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

Is it really that hard?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

What do you see?

O Line = Better

DTackles = Better

True, I started a thread about my thoughts going into the season. I just dont compare teams cuz its foolish. We got to the SB by luck IMO which is part of the game but u cant compare one team to a team that hasnt played yet. This question should have been asked in RKARPS thread titled "whats wrong with the roster"  Maybe they seem the same in theory but my post was about positives and negatives , not comparisons and SB aspirations. I want to enjoy the season and going in with false expectations is not what I do. DO I have concerns? yea at safety, but I love the roster for the most part and look forward to the season. I just think you took my post and ran with it and tried to scapegoat me as a doom and gloomer and set me up with a rebuttal. Im not doing that today. Im trying to enjoy a peaceful day on the board before rusty shows up and keep my mind off a stressful workday. Pardon my shortness, but I really think it was off topic. U even said u grabbed it from another thread. Dont make it like I dont want to discuss football. Im just too tired for the BB is the best GM because x,y,z and BB is the worst because x,y,z. At the end of the day I just wanna win and when I notice something that has been a problem not being fixed, I am gonna say it, but im not anti-bb and I dont guage his GM work based on what a team may look like on paper.

[/QUOTE]

Fair enough OG, I know your not a doom and gloomer, and respect your thoughts on the team. I really wanted to know what you thought, but after reading my post i came off a little antagonizing. Good luck with your peaceful day of non rustiness.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

I expect the Pats to finish either 11-5, or 12-4. If it's 12-4 or better, they'll earn a bye...and punch their ticket to yet another AFC Title game. If that happens, Tom Brady should be named league MVP. Really, should it be so hard for the Pats to go 6-0 against the Jests, Jills, and 'Fins? If they do that, they'll finish 11-5, even if they only split their remaining 10 games. The only legitimate obstacle to them sweeping the woefully weak AFC East teams would appear to be when they face Miami down South.

Here are 5 keys to their season, in no particular order:

1.) Chandler Jones: Jones must step up, and stay healthy; 

2.) Gronk: A return to health, and to form;

3.) DTs: Vince Wilfolk and Tommy Kelly must stay healthy, and have good years;

4.) Solid OL Play: Nothing gets accomplished on offense without it;

5.) Aqib Talib Must Stay Healthy: He is he key to their secondary. Minus him, the Pats' secondary is horrible.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

What do you see?

O Line = Better

DTackles = Better

Fair enough OG, I know your not a doom and gloomer, and respect your thoughts on the team. I really wanted to know what you thought, but after reading my post i came off a little antagonizing. Good luck with your peaceful day of non rustiness.

No problem. Im better now after returning from lunch. To be honest, I just thought you were stirring the pot which is sad that the board has come to that where u dont know honest questions from ones that are asked for conflict. I do think this team could be much better than 2011 but there are too many ifs, too many injury concerns with important guys(amendola, gronk) but I like the potential and I have no problem with the youth movement because the guys look solid so far. I would question why BB would not care about our 3rd tackle, but I dont know the plan. Is it still 4-3 with nink and Jones at end? 2-4-5? 3-4?  IDk, but either way, the talent is THERE in the front seven. We need them to be great cuz our back end IMO is still a question mark. Dennard, I havent seen in weeks. Arrington? not a fan. In 2011, we had Ihedebo, CHung and S.Moore, and M.Slater, and Josh Barret, and Sergio Brown and McCourty and maybe some more names. By time the SB came, it was patchwork. Sterling moore got us in the SB. Brady kept us in it until he got slammed on the turf and lost his accuracy but the end game was  still lost on bad safety play, so 2 years later, Im not concerned with the offense which was maintained 500 pts/season the last 5 years despite numerous changes. Brady will take care of that. Im concerned that we may get back to the SB and still have the same problems that cost us the L to begin with. Lets hope its not a problem and McCourty turns into Ed reed and Gregory learns to play safety

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

What do you see?

O Line = Better

DTackles = Better

No problem. Im better now after returning from lunch. To be honest, I just thought you were stirring the pot which is sad that the board has come to that where u dont know honest questions from ones that are asked for conflic I do think this team could be much better than 2011 but there are too many ifs, too many injury concerns with important guys(amendola, gronk) but I like the potential and I have no problem with the youth movement because the guys look solid so far. agree, and we needed an injection oF youth at the receiver position especially.I would question why BB would not care about our 3rd tackle, but I dont know the plan. Is it still 4-3 with nink and Jones at end? 2-4-5? 3-4?  IDk, but either way, the talent is THERE in the front seven. I think we will see multiple looks, and agree we have a very talented front 7. I've also wanted DT help for years, and while i think Kelly could be one of the bst FA pick ups in the league this year, i wonder why the lack of depth?We need them to be great cuz our back end IMO is still a question mark. Dennard, I havent seen in weeks. Arrington? not a fan. In 2011, we had Ihedebo, CHung and S.Moore, and M.Slater, and Josh Barret, and Sergio Brown and McCourty and maybe some more names. Also fair to point out that James I is starting for the ravens this year( he actually is the guy that took out dixon) and as you say, we had talent then too. Chung looked the part but his body failed him.  we do have questions at safety and i am very disappointed in AW washing out. We had no back up plan and im a little worried but i do think that Harmon looks like the physical presence we need. By time the SB came, it was patchwork. Sterling moore got us in the SB. Brady kept us in it until he got slammed on the turf and lost his accuracy but the end game was  still lost on bad safety play, so 2 years later, Im not concerned with the offense which was maintained 500 pts/season the last 5 years despite numerous changes. Brady will take care of that. Im concerned that we may get back to the SB and still have the same problems that cost us the L to begin with. Lets hope its not a problem and McCourty turns into Ed reed and Gregory learns to play safety. I think a better front seven will give you and the rest of us what we are looking for. More pressure will lead to better coverage. Dennard is the biggest question mark as we don't know if he is available. Imo Ryan and Harmon looked very good in camp.

While I agree questions remain, I would say the same for every team. In my opinion this team looks as good going in as they have since 07. 

[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stupid.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

What do you see?

O Line = Better

DTackles = Better

No problem. Im better now after returning from lunch. To be honest, I just thought you were stirring the pot which is sad that the board has come to that where u dont know honest questions from ones that are asked for conflic I do think this team could be much better than 2011 but there are too many ifs, too many injury concerns with important guys(amendola, gronk) but I like the potential and I have no problem with the youth movement because the guys look solid so far. agree, and we needed an injection oF youth at the receiver position especially.I would question why BB would not care about our 3rd tackle, but I dont know the plan. Is it still 4-3 with nink and Jones at end? 2-4-5? 3-4?  IDk, but either way, the talent is THERE in the front seven. I think we will see multiple looks, and agree we have a very talented front 7. I've also wanted DT help for years, and while i think Kelly could be one of the bst FA pick ups in the league this year, i wonder why the lack of depth?We need them to be great cuz our back end IMO is still a question mark. Dennard, I havent seen in weeks. Arrington? not a fan. In 2011, we had Ihedebo, CHung and S.Moore, and M.Slater, and Josh Barret, and Sergio Brown and McCourty and maybe some more names. Also fair to point out that James I is starting for the ravens this year( he actually is the guy that took out dixon) and as you say, we had talent then too. Chung looked the part but his body failed him.  we do have questions at safety and i am very disappointed in AW washing out. We had no back up plan and im a little worried but i do think that Harmon looks like the physical presence we need. By time the SB came, it was patchwork. Sterling moore got us in the SB. Brady kept us in it until he got slammed on the turf and lost his accuracy but the end game was  still lost on bad safety play, so 2 years later, Im not concerned with the offense which was maintained 500 pts/season the last 5 years despite numerous changes. Brady will take care of that. Im concerned that we may get back to the SB and still have the same problems that cost us the L to begin with. Lets hope its not a problem and McCourty turns into Ed reed and Gregory learns to play safety. I think a better front seven will give you and the rest of us what we are looking for. More pressure will lead to better coverage. Dennard is the biggest question mark as we don't know if he is available. Imo Ryan and Harmon looked very good in camp.

While I agree questions remain, I would say the same for every team. In my opinion this team looks as good going in as they have since 07. 

looks we are basically on the same page. Id like to think this team could be good as 07 but in an opposite way where we passed the ball like crazy and ran up the score. I see this team with the potential to have balance like 04' and get into more close defensive games where we can run the ball and protect our young defense. Im excited cuz its gonna be different and it was getting old to me. I have to root for Harmon cuz he is all we got IMO in terms of being a presence, and its not in the run game. I think he is gonna help with hitting WR's along the sidelines. I dont he will be asked to play cover 2 so no tavon wilson issues.  Laughing

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

I expect the Pats to finish either 11-5, or 12-4. If it's 12-4 or better, they'll earn a bye...and punch their ticket to yet another AFC Title game. If that happens, Tom Brady should be named league MVP. Really, should it be so hard for the Pats to go 6-0 against the Jests, Jills, and 'Fins? If they do that, they'll finish 11-5, even if they only split their remaining 10 games. The only legitimate obstacle to them sweeping the woefully weak AFC East teams would appear to be when they face Miami down South.

Here are 5 keys to their season, in no particular order:

1.) Chandler Jones: Jones must step up, and stay healthy; 

2.) Gronk: A return to health, and to form;

3.) DTs: Vince Wilfolk and Tommy Kelly must stay healthy, and have good years;

4.) Solid OL Play: Nothing gets accomplished on offense without it;

5.) Aqib Talib Must Stay Healthy: He is he key to their secondary. Minus him, the Pats' secondary is horrible.

Define solid OL play.