My thoughts on Monday's Patriots / Redskins practice.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjbag. Show jjbag's posts

My thoughts on Monday's Patriots / Redskins practice.

So I took the day off from work today and was able to get to the training facility and watch the practice, I'm going to post a few thoughts on what I was able so see and my thoughts especially for players I was watching.

Offense on a whole looked good even with out Gronk, Brady was sharp , Edelman made nice catches though the best catch of the day I would say was KT over the middle about 25 yards downfield where Brady's toss was off a bit KT went up hauled it in, had his legs taken out from under him but held on to the ball.

Defensively, they looked to be legit, though 1 play saw McCourtey blow the coverage and Revis didn't have time to back track to that coverage, so a 20 yard catch was made(to the delight of the Fans who then got on Revis, but from my perspective, it looked like over / under coverage where McCourtey just didn't respond quickly enough.

Individuals from what I saw,

Offensive - Mallet was sharp today on his short to middle passes, his long ball missed when he threw, (this was on the other practice field so I couldn't get a good eye on things, I was using my binoculars). Jimmy G, had a bad , though I'm not holding on him to be a star this year I think he is just learning and wont be ready to help until next. KT looked impressive and Boyce looked fast.

Defensive - Very encouraged what I saw from Big Vince he held his own on all the Drills had the push up the middle on them, though I wanted to see more during the Red off / Blue Def but it seemed each time Vince was in there they passed the ball and only ran when he was not on the field. Overall I was very impressed with the first Unit, second Unit was shaky, but I'm guessing that was more of a "not having the cohesiveness that the first team has.)

Overall I feel I was very lucky to have had a chance to see my Pats practice where I live now, since I've been out of MA for 10 years and thought I would never had this type of opertuinety again. If anyone from the Organization comes to the boards here, just want to say thanks for coming down and I hope to see you again next year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Re: My thoughts on Monday's Patriots / Redskins practice.

Thanks for the insight. Did you happen to notice anything that stood on the Pats D-line besides Vince?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to jjbag's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So I took the day off from work today and was able to get to the training facility and watch the practice, I'm going to post a few thoughts on what I was able so see and my thoughts especially for players I was watching.

Offense on a whole looked good even with out Gronk, Brady was sharp , Edelman made nice catches though the best catch of the day I would say was KT over the middle about 25 yards downfield where Brady's toss was off a bit KT went up hauled it in, had his legs taken out from under him but held on to the ball.

Defensively, they looked to be legit, though 1 play saw McCourtey blow the coverage and Revis didn't have time to back track to that coverage, so a 20 yard catch was made(to the delight of the Fans who then got on Revis, but from my perspective, it looked like over / under coverage where McCourtey just didn't respond quickly enough.

Individuals from what I saw,

Offensive - Mallet was sharp today on his short to middle passes, his long ball missed when he threw, (this was on the other practice field so I couldn't get a good eye on things, I was using my binoculars). Jimmy G, had a bad , though I'm not holding on him to be a star this year I think he is just learning and wont be ready to help until next. KT looked impressive and Boyce looked fast.

Defensive - Very encouraged what I saw from Big Vince he held his own on all the Drills had the push up the middle on them, though I wanted to see more during the Red off / Blue Def but it seemed each time Vince was in there they passed the ball and only ran when he was not on the field. Overall I was very impressed with the first Unit, second Unit was shaky, but I'm guessing that was more of a "not having the cohesiveness that the first team has.)

Overall I feel I was very lucky to have had a chance to see my Pats practice where I live now, since I've been out of MA for 10 years and thought I would never had this type of opertuinety again. If anyone from the Organization comes to the boards here, just want to say thanks for coming down and I hope to see you again next year.

[/QUOTE]

Thx for sharing. Edleman from what Ive seen and most reports has been best offensive player not named Brady. Hopefully he puts together another 16 games. He competes his tail off.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjbag. Show jjbag's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thanks for the insight. Did you happen to notice anything that stood on the Pats D-line besides Vince?

[/QUOTE]
    Yes a few, now take this into consideration, they seemed not to be doing any tackling and I would say all were only going 95% speed no Jarring tackles (with that said). Run D, needs practice, though the Pass D looked really good, both with pressure and coverage. (First team, second team struggled in coverage).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Thanks for the info jjbag. Very interesting observations.  I love to read these posts from fans who attended. 

One question though... On Boston.com there is an article about todays practice and it indicated the Pats dline was beat pretty decisively by the Redskins oline in drills.  Stated big Vince was 0-3 in the drills.   What did you see?

Be a Fan!  But don't be a Homer Fan!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjbag. Show jjbag's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thanks for the info jjbag. Very interesting observations.  I love to read these posts from fans who attended. 

One question though... On Boston.com there is an article about todays practice and it indicated the Pats dline was beat pretty decisively by the Redskins oline in drills.  Stated big Vince was 0-3 in the drills.   What did you see?

[/QUOTE]

I look at it from a scheme perspective, Vince bulled up the middle, and brought the guy back towards the Yellow flag that they placed as a spot, in most cases he drove his man straight back 2 to 3 yards, to me that's a win for a Nose Tackle, his job is to push the pocket backwards, he is not there for sacks, that's the edge men, when you look at it from that perspective he beat his man 3 of 4 times, there was only 1 time I saw him be moved to the left during the drill and not bring his man straight back, sometimes I wonder about these Analysts, a Nose tackles job is to collapse the pocket from the center back this disrupts the protection schemes. That's my take on how Vince did. OH one last note, my wife says of Vince trimmed down to 325 then my marathon running wife is 325.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Nice report, did you get a chance to see James White? I know it's hard to watch them all, but I'm curious to see if he's going to keep doing well like he's shown so far.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjbag. Show jjbag's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Nice report, did you get a chance to see James White? I know it's hard to watch them all, but I'm curious to see if he's going to keep doing well like he's shown so far.

[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately the O was in the back corner from where I was and from what I got to see of White was with the Second O during the interscrimage so its hard to evaluate.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately the O was in the back corner from where I was and from what I got to see of White was with the Second O during the interscrimage so its hard to evaluate.

[/QUOTE]

Ok

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I look at it from a scheme perspective, Vince bulled up the middle, and brought the guy back towards the Yellow flag that they placed as a spot, in most cases he drove his man straight back 2 to 3 yards, to me that's a win for a Nose Tackle, his job is to push the pocket backwards, he is not there for sacks, that's the edge men, when you look at it from that perspective he beat his man 3 of 4 times, there was only 1 time I saw him be moved to the left during the drill and not bring his man straight back, sometimes I wonder about these Analysts, a Nose tackles job is to collapse the pocket from the center back this disrupts the protection schemes. That's my take on how Vince did. OH one last note, my wife says of Vince trimmed down to 325 then my marathon running wife is 325.

[/QUOTE]

It is interesting to catch the Globe people lying and misleading the fans. With Vince coming off the injury, they probably feel like misrepresenting how Vince is looking in these drills, they can create some fear and then bash BB over it.

Thanks for an accurate assessment.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Thanks, I live in Tucson, Az now so I will have to fly to Mass to visit family if I want to see them practice.  :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It is interesting to catch the Globe people lying and misleading the fans. With Vince coming off the injury, they probably feel like misrepresenting how Vince is looking in these drills, they can create some fear and then bash BB over it.

Thanks for an accurate assessment.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Did you just say the Globe lied?  BWAHAHAHA  So they can bash beebee?  BWAHAHAHA

Hey every one, go over to the Mallett thread, if you want a good laugh.

I'm still crying.

Talk about liars!  BWAHAHA

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

^^Fact:  pcmIV said Reiss would not speculate the Pats think the QB class is thin next year.

Fact:  Reiss speculated by saying "that QB may not be there for the team to pick in 2015".

Everything else is childish, middle school behavior by trollish morons.

Sections
Shortcuts